Felix58

Australian based squads?

I'm in Auckland New Zealand and would love to join a Kiwi or or Aussie squadron. BOS has re-sparked my IL2 neurons; good times ahead with a bit of luck.

Yes any Australian squads ??

usually  LW heavy but will fly anything!

thanks

spud 

Daresay ATAG will eventually host BOS.  Perhaps meet up on their comms for a flight.

Personally no pref re sides.  My favourite is not there, the bf110.

PS NZ looks a lock on the America's Cup!

Im in Australia, NSW, Wollongong but a chinese oversea student, ROF =GM= squadron captain, really want to fly with you!

• Upvote 1

AU here also :)

Hey Whiteyeti, how was that beer?

Hope to fly with you on the weekend sometime.

Just a heads-up for anyone in the East-Asia/Oceanic region, there's a multiplayer server up that has way lower ping than the US/European servers. It's called "Shooting Stars Dedicated Server" and from Japan (where I live) the ping is only 20-30, as opposed to the 130+ I find in the US ones. Europeans servers see me at about 180 - 300, so I don't really try.

• Upvote 2

thx FSM, I'll drop by as soon as I put some time into learning the basics!

Hey guys.

Our squad isn't limited to a specific section of the globe. With our newest recruit Whiteyeti (from Australia), this might be a good time and place to form up. Details can be found here... http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/5329-cash-payout-new-pilots/

Why not visit our thread and then drop by our forum to sign up.

S~

also, we understand Aussie accent. Mostly.

:)

Lmao, the accent isn't to bad it's the slang that mostly makes it harder to understand so I've been told

We aren't that bad. Certainly much easier to understand then the poms. 

I'm in Perth, I'm a casual player but I'm looking to become more social and invested into this sim (planning on going full on nerd with pedals, throttles, and home cockpit). However new family commitments basically mean I can fly for about 2-3 hour periods on the weekends (Friday night, sat night).

So looking for an easy going squad. 

Although I've been flying flight sims for years, I would still consider myself somewhere between noob and average. general flying I have no issues just need to work on my deflection shooting.

Edited by Tyberan

Drop by our hangar then Tyberan, if it's an easy going squad you're looking for.

Click the link below.

In a similar vote Tyberan, 9./ JG54 are easy to get along with definitely drop by and say g'day.

Lmao, the accent isn't to bad it's the slang that mostly makes it harder to understand so I've been told

"Strewth Bruce, You got some wacker right up yer dingos watsits!"

"Tell me something I dunno Blue. Weren't no bigger than a dunny budgie aways back."

"Yeah mate, wheres yer offsider?"

"Scarpered, I reckon. Will you be me new cobber then?"

"No wuckers, but call me "Comrade"  It's more authentic and that."

:P

Ya Flamin Galah Feathered now they'll think us Aussie's are a bunch of Rabbits, all good though Cobber hey.

:lol:

I say! I can't understand a bally word of this foreign lingo? Are they supposed to be speaking English or something? I can't understand a bally thing! It'd be awfully decent if someone would kindly just pop by and translate for me. Thanks awfully! Doncha know!

Oh dear. You can basically tell who is Aussie and who isn't by the posts here :)

Just a heads-up for anyone in the East-Asia/Oceanic region, there's a multiplayer server up that has way lower ping than the US/European servers. It's called "Shooting Stars Dedicated Server" and from Japan (where I live) the ping is only 20-30, as opposed to the 130+ I find in the US ones. Europeans servers see me at about 180 - 300, so I don't really try.

Hi flatspin man. I'm living in China teaching English I was looking at threads about squadrons. Where is this server? When I look in multiplayer I cannot see it! Do you have the server details? much appreciated!

Good luck in finding a BOS squadron.

Most squads are still based on il2 1946 with a promise to move to BOS eventually.  

If you are a keen flight simmer and want to fly something contemporary have a look at il2 Cliffs of Dover with the Team Fusion patches (ATAG - Air Tactical Assault Group).

Gday another Aussie here.  Be nice to see some local squads. Many never moved on from IL2-1946 unfortunately.

There are a few of us that fly together if anyone is interested in joining us, we use vent as comms. Just hit me up on steam "Kogru" is my tag and add me to your friends list.

Aussie here too. Hope we get a local server eventually, though lag seems minimal on the US servers. :)

I have had a good experience re the US Servers.  No problems with lag.  I have had the odd issue with the Euro server but it has been surprisingly good considering the ping.

Being a glutton for punishment I like the Ruskie stuff although the odd trip in the JU87 and the he-111 is always fun.   Like to make a movie one day with all the crew positions filled so you could do some cutting and splicing.  Although at this stage it might be short as the bombers seem to catch on fire very easily.

Put a lot of hours into CLoD and enjoyed it.  But for some reason I am sure I can "see" better in BOS re spotting aircraft and the like.

I have Teamspeak so give me a yell if you want a wingy online or someone to man the guns.  My online and Steam persona is "Felix" (old squad name).  aus3620 is the number of a sailboat I used to own.

Im in Australia, NSW, Wollongong but a chinese oversea student, ROF =GM= squadron captain, really want to fly with you!

i am in Adelaide CN oversea student as well join JG53 and fly together?

Same here. Do you have a steam ID? Ill pm you mine. XD good to see a fellow alike.

aussie here wot is the latest re any aussies flying together.  New to Flight sims need aussie input re focking everything re this game  ok.  

Recall..................I've posted a number of times. There doesn't appear to be any Aussie Squads.

there is a few,we are one of them

i know of at least 5 others or more

no idea on their activity but speak to various members on occasions via steam and the like

time will tell if the game is good enough for us/them to come out of the woodwork.

most of the squads i know come from IL2FB and were all excited about CLoD

needless to say it wasnt a happy outcome and hence has put a lot of veteran flyers scattered and shattered and wary of commiting too early.

but.if the BOS can cut it,rest assured they will come.

this is the biggest tragedy for me,so many aussie squads with superb communcations and coordination in regards to getting squad v squad actions happening on a regular basis,to now, when it all has to be built up again.

how i long for VEF/SEOW type actions again with a modern well put together flight sim.

Most squads are still in il2-1946 land.  Some Aust simmers have moved to CLoD but squad activity seems to be limited to participating with northern hemisphere groups.

As far as a formed Oz Squad playing BOS goes, I don't think it is a happening thing at the moment.

Would anyone be interested in getting together once a week?   

Maybe Tuesday's 2000hr for an hour or so?  We could use the BOS teamspeak channel.

Steam: Felix Culpa

I would love to join you Aus but due to work commitments it is a little hard atm to get on. I can PM you a couple of days in advance as to when I can get on and go from there.

Cheers WhiteYeti.