BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 77

Hi everybody!

Some of you may still remember how convoy and train crews were running away from attacks from the air in old IL-2: 1946. Starting today you’ll be able to see a similar picture in BOS. To tell the truth, it’s only a first step on our way of bringing more life to the the scenery. But first things first. Meanwhile, the artillery units’ crews have also started to care about their safety and leave their post when the cannon is severely damaged.

Also we’ve finished work on several sim features this week: improved the automatic procedures of starting and stoping the engine (new sounds for it will be added next week), reaction of He 111 construction to combat damaged was fixed; inflamability of Pe-2 and He 111 was also corrected; some issues with the flare gun on German planes were taken care of.

With the IL2BOS release on Steam the question of extra multiplayer servers has become topical. To provide the pilots with comfortable MP experience we gave some volunteers an opportunity to help us and gave out the necessary software. By the way, I’d like to say aoother big thanks to all who provides these servers - it’s a noble deed that is very appreciated among the community. Even though our job is not done yet you’ve arranged to set up public servers and put away your squad’s or personall ambitions. We do realise that some of you are eager to host your own server with blackouts and stukas. But now, at this stage of development it’s absolutely no good to us to have dozens of empty servers, and pretty much no fun to you - since the full mission editor is not out yet.

The following community servers are now available (in order of their appearence):

1) EU duel server - the only password protected public server, great place for pilots who feel the need to find out who’s the best;

2) EU custom server - offers different official maps with custom difficulty settings and missions that start in the beautiful morning hours;

3) US Eagle’s Nest server - has no autobalance and timeout settings, so it welcomes entire squads to join the battle;

4) RU coop and training server - a recently established server capable to provide good ping for players on the vast territory of Russia;

5) EU Syndicate server - painstakingly tuned server with full realism setting brought to the community by an experienced ROF crew.

There’s no doubt that if we need it, we’ll continue to share the dserver with players able and willing to provide the community with quality and exciting multiplayer experience. But please keep in mind that we still need you on our servers to track performance and do further optimization.

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 4

Excellent news about the planned 5 servers. May I suggest to combine servers 4 & 5, if only at certain times,

so all Europeans can fly against/with each other, fi. during the weekend?

Woot!  Thanks folks. Now, to go chase some ground crew.  Though in my case they'll probably laugh at my poor shooting skills as I pass by them.

Fantastic!!!!

You are the best!!! 

Infantry in the game is a dream come true. Makes the ground alive.  I love you 1 C Studios and 777  :)

Fantastic!!!!

You are the best!!! 

Infantry in the game is a dream come true. Makes the ground alive.  I love you 1 C Studios and 777  :)

I can see the "I think the tanks I destroyed were friendly" saga repeating itself with the infantry. :D

• Upvote 1

Maybe they could make so we can run away from our downed aircraft when we have to ditch like the old il2

• Upvote 4

Can we have cattle or deer to shoot so we have something special for dinner? :P

• Upvote 1

Moving infantry and crew members is a great thing, immersion is what these games need. Great job! Although I was hoping for a few missions to try out but I quess have settle to shoot some infantry :)

Funny to see a 13 years old animation from the old IL-2 1946.  :rofl:

I had the hope to see a little more.....?  Since its the old animation from IL-1946 can the pilots have it, too.  Pilots care about their safety, too

Funny to see a 13 years old animation from the old IL-2 1946.  :rofl:

I had the hope to see a little more.....?  Since its the old animation from IL-1946 can the pilots have it, too.  Pilots care about their safety, too

From what I've seen it's nothing like that. And you have had the opportunity to see it too.

Oh. And thanks devs for bringing this even more to life!

So is the infantry  update in the next patch ?

Starting today you’ll be able to see a similar picture in BOS
  Or how will we see the infantry respond starting  today  if there's no patch  ?

Wonderful! Suppressible AAA? Like in ZloyPetruskO's mod?

Now all that we need are some AO-10 bombs... :)

We do realise that some of you are eager to host your own server with blackouts and stukas. But now, at this stage of development it’s absolutely no good to us to have dozens of empty servers, and pretty much no fun to you - since the full mission editor is not out yet.

Do I interpretate correct, that custom & own hosted servers will be possible with the release of an update fmb anytime?

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

Great job! Although I was hoping for a few missions to try out but I quess have settle to shoot some infantry :)

+1.

Not only QMB but I hope for a Ful Mission Builder ?! :huh:

Thanks for the update,I never played played the old IL2 so having moving soldiers doing their own thing is going to be great for this sim,

cheers,

Mick. :)

Can we have cattle or deer to shoot so we have something special for dinner? :P

Wings:Over Flanders Fields has Horses, Sheep and Cows populating the fields.

Such stuff adds a lot of atmosphere!!

So the infantry is more then welcome to populate the sim, even if some folks consider it a waste of resources.

In the end, thats the stuff which adds heart and soul!!!!

Okay, I'll answer some questions here.

No, you can't kill them, they disappear soon after a few seconds of hiding in the snow.

Yes, it's a new animation, nothing has been taken from anywhere.

Yes, we're going to add Tatarenko's single mission to the game today.

Yes, dserver will be available to everyone who has the game after release. FMB will follow later with some delay.

• Upvote 4

Please make them killable , that would be awesome !

Edited by 6969pencon

I think they will run away and then drop flat on the ground or near trees and then disappear.

You can then consider them hiding or dead.

Great to hear that a FMB is in the works - no problem that it won´t be ready at release time.

FinnJ

I am more concerned about the machinegun pods on the Ju-87 which are just for the purpose of dealing with ground troops. I know, me and my Stuka, but that thing can at least fly without wings, bah!

• Upvote 1