Sign in to follow this  
InProgress

Tank crew got competition

Looks really good. Fully clickable interior, lots of details. Definitely something to wait for.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks ambitious, but since it's a one-man development team, I really wanna get a better sense of the rate of progress before I get my hopes up. 

• Upvote 1

Agreed, and the clickable interiors won't make it easier to develop. At least he makes one thing right, start with the PzKpfw IV as opponent of the T34. The PzKpfw III might have been the main battle tank from numbers for a long time, but you need to have a good gameplay when starting such a game, and here the PzKpfw IV makes much more sense.

Looks like an interesting development. Clickable cockpits might be its downfall in the long run though. Imo there are too many things to model per tank for a one man team.

Wheels

Posted (edited)

Spanish developer? I didn't know that you can mirror inscriptions in soviet gunsights 🤔 Sound of V-2 diesel resembles our czechoslovak Praga V3S 😁 

The current map for the combat operations is 'Stalingrad Oblast' a map based on the fields between Ukraine and the old city of Stalingrad of 400 square kilometers. 

Didn't know that Stalingrad oblast was 20x20km stretching from Dnepr to Don 🤔

+ multiplayer only...mein Gott, wrong decision right of the bat 😕

https://www.steelgearsimulator.com/

Edited by Brano
video

Color me skeptical 

• Upvote 1

Looks cool with the interactive crew compartments.

Nothing beats the combined arms in IL-2 though. Seeing a group of planes attacking targets in the distance from a tank commander's perspective is something that I can't properly put into words.

67A4E2573CA125E69013904EE217FE78402E3C3D

• Upvote 1

This one-man-development guy should get on board talented community from Steel Fury = creators of Steel Panzer MOD, or even some old "farts" from Panzer Elite modding community. Otherwise I see a long and thorny road ahead without the light at the end of the tunnel.

Posted (edited)

It took me about 10 seconds to go to the dudes site and read this:

"This is a single person project; this means that, at the moment, only one person is working on all the stuff (models, code, systems, web page and more), and, of course, the full simulator project cannot be completed with the work of only one person, so it is essential the funding."

I just wanted to bring that to your attention. 

The design choice of having tanks, planes and ships is disappointing. If you have a Tank game there should be infantry and vise versa. So in turn even if the AFV simulation is really nice, tactically it won't mean jack because you won't be working with infantry.

Kinda goes without saying at this point... but when the Stug III gets released I'll buy it for sure lol. Also kinda stoked to see the BT-7 and Pz. 38T on the list. The Sig 33B would be fun with proper missions/targets/objectives.!

EDIT: the difference of using "magical mouse aiming" vs. having to actually use specific controls for elevation and traverse will make this gameplay very interesting indeed! 

EDIT #2: There is already day and night cycle with 20x20km map that include AI units, bunkers, trenches, AT guns in forest ect - while not complete or polished this is definitely in the right direction!!! There is an offline training mission. There is AI. Combine those two factors and there might be "play" room for you singleplayer fans out there. Just an observation... 

Edited by NETSCAPE

Bumping this thread.

Latest video showcases even more clickable/usable features inside the PzKpfw. IV. In particular I love the fact that you can raise, lower or move your head in very small incremental amounts. This sort of mechanic combined with the clickable tank components actually provides the user with a REAL simulator.

I suggest watching the other videos and browsing the Steel Gear Simulator site. Unfortunately the old forums have been removed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDj_VYltIaFIXQgyRBbModA/videos

https://www.steelgearsimulator.com/

Some things are looking good, some things are not.

This thing is a long way from causing 1C to shake in their boots.