MarcoPegase44

Mod carrer, random skins wingers by squadron is possible

Hi

It is finally possible to assign different skin for each aircraft of a squadron randomly, this gives variety in the game.

This is particularly interesting for having wingers with very different decorations when flying in Luftwaffe squadrons, so I started with the JG52 kuban campaign squadrons that are available in large numbers in the community.

It is true  that  given the combined speeds and the distances of combat this is less visible than in ROF on planes of WW1 but is very interesting anyway.

On the other hand it is a big job to assign all the skins of your "Graphic" folder in the 2 files to modify "Skins tab" and "skins"

File « skins tab » in Graphic Folder

"graphics\Skins\Bf109G4\Bf109G4_skin_09.dds" "04221F8A" "9" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109G4.txt" "Tonne" "Oblt. Wolfgang Tonne, 3./JG 53 commander, Tunisie, Printemps 1943 (Modèle tropical)"

"graphics\Skins\Bf109G4\Bf109G4_skin_10.dds" "22C523BB" "10" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109G4.txt" "Hartmann" "Lt. Erich Hartmann, 7./JG 52, Kuban, Printemps 1943"

"graphics\Skins\Bf109G4\Bf109G4_13_JG52_Yellow2.dds" "" "" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109G4.txt" "Yellow_2" "13_JG52 Yellow 2"

"graphics\Skins\Bf109G4\JG52_Bf109G4_Jan_Reznak.dds" "" "" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109G4.txt" "JG52_Bf109G4_Jan_Reznak" ""

"graphics\Skins\Bf109G4\Bf109G4_4_JG52_W04.dds" "" "" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109G4.txt" "White_4" "13_JG52"

"graphics\Skins\Bf109G4\4k_Bf109G4_4JG52_W03.dds" "" "" "LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109G4.txt" "White_3" "13_JG52"

File  « skins » in « SCG » folder and « 15Skin » in « script » folder orf « SCG »

[squadron=201852]

[period] // Chapter 1-5 (spring, summer and autumn)

period="1943.04.17","1943.10.09"

[skin]

plane="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109G4.txt"

skin="Bf109G4\bf109g4_skin_06.dds"

name="13.(slow.)/JG 52"

type=0 //0 - common, 1 - ace

probweight=01

[end]

[skin]

skin="Bf109G4\13_Slow_JG52_blank_Bf 109_G2.dds"

name="13.(slow.)/JG 52"

type=0//0 - common, 1 - ace

probweight=01

[end]

[skin]

skin="Bf109G4\Bf109G4_13_JG52_Yellow2.dds"

name="13.(slow.)/JG 52"

type=0 //0 - common, 1 - ace

probweight=01

[end]

[skin]

skin="Bf109G4\JG52_Bf109G4_Jan_Reznak.dds"

name="13.(slow.)/JG 52"

type=0//0 - common, 1 - ace

probweight=01

[end]

[end]

[end]

[end]

By cons I put the line "probweig = 01" it seems to me that it is the best value to affect the maximum of skin in a squadron but I'm not sure ... in my case it works.

In sample 2 of my files are attached

Skins files.zip

Edited by MarcoPegase44
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

it is very cool idea and i really like it but can you explain me where to place skins.cfg file? and if i understand only next file is skins.tab.eng and it goes to graphics folder?

you have to put in folder 15 of the SCG folder for the Kuban campaign and put it in duplicate in the SCG script folder by renaming it "15skin"

For sample my folder "scg"

scg.zip

Edited by MarcoPegase44

Marco is absolutely correct, it's a long and tedious process, but it does indeed work and work correctly. 

Here for example, is the start of a career mission over Moscow using the P-47, in this case in skins of the 78th Fighter Group, originally based out of Duxford.

2091739876_flightline.thumb.jpg.17207cf88c895c092555d35668dfa688.jpg

,Hi,

For sample in carrer mod , take off, slow JG52 AI

19020811150674989.jpg

Edited by MarcoPegase44
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

В 01.02.2019 в 00:52, MarcoPegase44 сказал:

you have to put in folder 15 o

I could not figure out which folder to put your files. Please help me. Write the full path for the files.

For example: \IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\scg\15\skins.cfg

Hello

Excuse me

Put "   Skintab.cfg" in     \ IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\graphic\skins\skintab.cfg

Put    "skins.cfg"      in \IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\scg\15\skins.cfg

And   Put  "15skins.cfg" in \IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\scg\script\15skins.cfg

• Thanks 1

anyone have completed files? Yup, im lazy!

• Haha 1

Yeah this would be cool if it was built in... such a pain, I just don't think I have the "game time" to do this for myself.