Klink

The IL2 store

Wow...just Wow,  have they changed their checkout service,  never have I been so frustrated just trying to buy a game.  I have always gone through the site instead of steam to get my modules and never used to have a problem.  logged in today to pick up the Flying Circus preorder tried paypal...error.  hmm odd i always used paypal...tried a debit card now it wants a code from my bank.  What the F is this.  my little credit union doesnt update immediately grrrr.  Now Im on a chat with customer service,  give her the error code for paypal.  Please tell me the 4 digit code from your bank.... No code Im using paypal.  Ok.. please enter 4 digit code from bank,  I am now finished with chat help.  Deep breath its just a game... get another card enter and actually get code, enter code.... sorry we cant process your order at this time please chat with customer service.

I have been buying since the first preorder without any problems but Ill be damned if I play this game anymore,  I dont want to go through steam cause i dont know if mixing out of steam and in steam even works, plus Ive always liked to support this team directly.  So apparently Im stuck with everything up to Bodenplatte and no more for you

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 4

Yes, their recent change is apparently a big and serious downgrade in quality service. This cannot be a good thing for the developmental team. ☹️

• Upvote 3

Yes, I too tried to make a purchase - JU88. Had the same problem as II./JG1Klink. I ended up just not making the purchase. Pity, the team lost another sale.

25 minutes ago, sonnykims said:

Yes, I too tried to make a purchase - JU88. Had the same problem as II./JG1Klink. I ended up just not making the purchase. Pity, the team lost another sale.

JU88? are you serious?

1 hour ago, sonnykims said:

You must be confused - the Ju 88 is not an individual puchase.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:41 PM, II./JG1Klink said:

tried a debit card now it wants a code from my bank.  What the F is this.

Its a new security measure from the banks sends code to registered phone as a text

Security is all fine and good but if it is preventing honest and legal purchase attempts its detrimental to any companies bottom line.  😗

3 hours ago, sonnykims said:

[edited]

Ju88 isn't a stand alone aircraft.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Please, there is no reason to be insulting to sonnykims. He may have been referring to purchasing the BOM module which includes the Ju88. If you note, he does not have a BOM ribbon under his forum avatar.

Edited by Thad

Hi,

I'm "glad" to see that this wasn't just me. Thought my wife was behind it. ;O)

I'm new to Il2 so did a purchase to check it out, liked what I saw and bought a few more items. Everything went without a hitch until a couple of days ago when I got the same issue as above when trying to buy something else. Got it sorted via live chat and email, which took ages. All OK or so I thought. Next day same issue.

I ended up being charged twice for one item as I eventually managed  pay for it through Paypal  after the CC code was rejected only to find I had a pending payment on my CC which took another email to sort out.

I really hope this isn't going to be the way forward as it has put me off buying from the store. I don't want to jump through hoops every time I want to  add to the game.

Officially tied with DCS as my go to games now. Great stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P51DMatt said:

[edited]

Ju88 isn't a stand alone aircraft.

Thanks for the edit Matt.  :good:

Sorry, my mistake...I tried to purchase Battle of Moscow in order to get the JU88 - Just too many hoops to jump through and i couldn't get the requires code numbers.

• Sad 1

In both cases I'm not clear who you guys are talking to for support. Is this the support line for your bank? PayPal? 1CGS?

I did the Flying Circus Vol 1 purchase via PayPal maybe 6-weeks ago. I clicked the button and it went through so smoothly I was actually starting to worry that I had missed a step.

The last time I did a VISA purchase my bank blocked it, sent me a text message asking for a confirmation on the purchase, and then once I responded I was allowed to redo the purchase and it went through. That has happened with IL-2, Steam Store, DCS, etc. so it doesn't seem to specifically be IL-2 in that case.

I hope you guys can figure out what's causing you trouble.

I also did have troubles with payment unfortunately. Wanted to pick up the Ju-52 while the sale was active, but this Xsolla stuff had my account blocked due to "security reasons". No type of payment was accepted (Paypal, crypto). Unfortunately, they needed a while to write back and at the time this problem was solved, the sale was over. Shame. I guess no Ju-52 for me just yet. 

37 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I did the Flying Circus Vol 1 purchase via PayPal maybe 6-weeks ago. I clicked the button and it went through so smoothly I was actually starting to worry that I had missed a step.

The last time I did a VISA purchase my bank blocked it, sent me a text message asking for a confirmation on the purchase, and then once I responded I was allowed to redo the purchase and it went through. That has happened with IL-2, Steam Store, DCS, etc. so it doesn't seem to specifically be IL-2 in that case.

IL2 payment service changes were made after your purchase 6 weeks ago. The changes in payment service providers is what is causing the problems.

1 hour ago, Thad said:

IL2 payment service changes were made after your purchase 6 weeks ago. The changes in payment service providers is what is causing the problems.

I wasn’t aware that it changed in that short of a time.

Just ordered the new historical campaign of BlackSix and all I can say is that the order process was absolutely smooth and free of any hassles. Ordered via VISA. No problems at all.

Ordering through Mastercard went smooth as well. The mail confirmation has a bit of confusion name and subject title, which makes it maybe a bit harder for archiving. But that's it. 

PS: There was one problem though. Not an option to preorder the U-2/Po-2 yet.  😁

Grt M

Edited by I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

Just ordered using Paypal and the transaction went through smoothly.

45 minutes ago, w00dy said:

Just ordered using Paypal and the transaction went through smoothly.

Yep! same here, in just seconds.

Paypal payment for new campaign rejected (2 hrs ago). Everything previously bought using Paypal with no issues. Have contacted Xsolla support so will wait and see what they have to say .... Surely this ongoing issue needs to be resolved as it must be having a detrimental effect on sales, never mind p******g customers off! 

Salutations,

I just pre-ordered the new campaign and am please to report that my Visa payment went through smoothly and quickly.  :yahoo:

This new service payment (Xsolla) is terrible, I spent near 2hours to buy the new campaign.

Im patient man but Im afraid 1CGS will loose some of customers therefore new system of payment. 

Finally I bought it but with chat from Xsolla and my Bank on.... the phone. It was a terrible experience ...

Plus Pay Pal doesn't work also (as an alternative to card payments). 😶

It was not a good choice this service.

• Upvote 2

I get the impression you guys are actually having a problem with your banks and are instead blaming it on the web store.

1CGS can't help you with that...

9 minutes ago, Tuesday said:

I get the impression you guys are actually having a problem with your banks and are instead blaming it on the web store.

1CGS can't help you with that...

Its not true. Im buying in many online store for simmers (Simmarket, PCAviator, FFStore, Flightstore, DCS, direct from developpers ect) and never had this kind of issue (used the same Bank card).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Moved to complaints. I've already told you to write support or Xsolla. See my comments in the other thread. 

Jason

11 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Moved to complaints. I've already told you to write support or Xsolla. See my comments in the other thread. 

Jason

In my case paypal and VISA both do not work. Never had anything like this before. I am not going to bother spending my time to solve Xsolla's problem. In the mean time, no sale. 😒

Edited by Aufpassen
spelling
  • Upvote 2

Just a quick update to my previous mail regarding Xsolla's rejection of my Paypal payment. I received a return mail from them advising "Unfortunately, your last payment triggered our security system and we did not charge your account. We have now changed security settings for you, and you may retry the payment."

A second attempt earlier today did prove successful, but after Paypal had made the payment there was further delay by Xsolla "Your payment is undergoing additional security verification. In case the payment is not delivered to your account within 30 minutes, please contact our customer support". After some few minutes delay, the transaction was eventually approved.

Got there in the end, a painless (but frustrating) process without too much faffing about. I just hope I don't have to repeat this process for any further purchases I might make.

I'm in contact with Xsolla support.

Something's fishy there.

I've read a couple of complaints about Xsolla here in the forums now, and the internet is full of them.

Now they caught me too:

While in the past (pre-Xsolla time) only Paypal wasn't ever working for me (for unknown reason), at least I could purchase items directly using my Credit Card.

About a month ago, I've purchased BoK for a friend through Xsolla using my Credit card.

Today I've tried the same for "Fortress on the Volga" and dang - no go.

MobileGo, Paypal, Amazon Pay: All instantly give Error 3032.

Credit Card payment lets me enter my card data, thinks about it 10 seconds and then... Error 3032.

The Xsolla support isn't quite of the most helpful sort in the beginning.

The first replies so far were "what's the problem?" and "please retry the payment".

Then they've finally fixed it, I guess they have manually unlocked my IP address.

I can only recommend to take half an hour time (for the waiting required), maybe put a coffee cup aside, and get in touch with Xsolla Support:

https://static.xsolla.com/system/chat.html

Nevertheless... I understand that you see lots of successful purchases through Xsolla so far, but let me say that you might not even have the slightest clue of how many sales figures you've lost because people will just give up on the meaningless error messages they get from Xsolla (which btw. lack any link to the support you should contact according to the message).

:drinks:

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror

Here is my question.  If I have bought everything from the company store before now, can I buy this through steam and have it applied to my existing game?  If so what must I do (besides purchasing the game of course) to get them to sync up?

Just made four attempts to pre-puchase the new campaign but got a generic message Unable to Complete your Request.  Support simply asked my to try again, so no help there.

I keep hearing that you need to enter a 4-digit code that they will send, but I only receive an alpha-numeric code which doesn't work.

XSOLLA* Z3PK CODE

Is there some alternative method to purchase this campaign?

EDIT:  Tried with multiple credit cards with no luck.  Also failed using PayPal.   Finally I was able to successfully purchase using my Amazon account.   That was brutal!

Edited by BlueHeron
Add update

17 hours ago, BlueHeron said:

Support simply asked my to try again

...and that's exactly what they mean.

You should reach out to their support from the same PC you've tried to do the purchase from.

https://static.xsolla.com/system/chat.html

Worked for me. When they said "try again" I've tried again and it worked.

Apparently they've had to unblock an IP address (/range).

Mike

• Upvote 1

didn't work for me.  They suggested I use paypal.  Reading above it doesn't sound like that will work either.  Guess I am permanently banned from buying stuff.  Luckily I have preordered all the stuff they have coming out.

1 hour ago, SYN_Mike77 said:

didn't work for me

What didn't work for you?

You need to be a tad more specific.

You won't drop you car at the garage just with "doesn't work" either.

And you probably won't take it with you before they fixed it, do you?

This...

1 hour ago, SYN_Mike77 said:

Reading above it doesn't sound like that will work either.

...rather sounds like you didn't even try.

Mike

The link you provided to chat with xsolla,  Well, to be specific, it did work in that I chatted with one of their agents for about a half an hour and she couldn't clear my account for use through their system (even though I can use that card for every other internet purchase I have made this christmas season).  Literally, a half an hour.  My question is, how hard should it be for a customer to give his money to a business?  At what point does the customer just shrug his shoulders and walk away?  

I get the decision by 1C;  'We will lose a certain number of customers but all of our transactions will be safer.  As long as the number of customer losses is low enough, it makes sense'.  It's just my bad luck to be in that small group.

Edited by SYN_Mike77

After my purchase I did leave a comment on the Xsolla Payment System here:

https://www.trustpilot.com/users/5c093d1db4a3e7f1e3e1332f

According to their reply, the best bet is to choose credit card, not paypal.

This corresponds to my observation, especially as when I pay through paypal (and that account in turn gets paid through my credit card), it's actually two steps that could fail instead of just one.

Add to that, their reply to my comment fits as well, as in previous purchases I've used a different credit card, and only recently used the one that gave me trouble. The "good" one apparently had Xsolla clearance already whereas the "new" one didn't.

I take it that this is really the trouble you have to take from today's insecure payment systems and the ways to work around that issue.

Nevertheless, I totally agree that there's a high risk of losing a substantial amount of potential customers without even knowing.

I could imagine that the majority of newcomers who try to buy this game and crash their nose on Xsolla, won't even bother to contact their support, let alone come here and report their issues (which they probably can't do due to missing account anyway).

Instead, they'll simply let go after 3 attempts (at best) and move on to another game.

That being said, I'd suggest to the dev team - if they didn't do so already - to try to get some figures about the success ratio of Xsolla payments, to get an idea at least how many customers they might have lost.

Mike

• Upvote 2

Yeah I don't do paypal.  My Brother-in-law worked for the FBI in their electronics division and he swore that the worst security they ever saw was with paypal.  His adult daughter ignored him because he was just dad being an old man.  Her account was hacked within 6 months and it was a major pain in her backside.  He didn't know whether to laugh or be mad at her!