Rattlesnake

Reshade Me No longer compatible with game?

Hi all. Earlier this evening I checked the SMAA box on Reshade Me. Previously I had only been running Clarity and Lumasharpen. Game began crashing everytime I hit start on a mission.

Uninstalled, redownloaded. Went on a flight and it worked fine. Redownloaded ReshadeMe, checked Clarity and Lumasharpen. Game did the crash again. Uninstalling and downloading again.

I don't really understand what is going on here.

A couple of patches ago they said that reshade/sweetfx should not be used any more.  I think it was in the patch notes for the update.

I'm using Tonemap ,lumasharpen, curves and maybe vignette? If I remember right. Without a single crash to desktop. So try to disable Clarity and see if it helps

If you use MSAA you can use the SMAA with reshade. I started having this issue as well

If you Disable the SMAA you should be fine

I just realized that I have the same issue. If you turn off MSAA in game and turn on SMAA in reshade, the game will crash on mission start. If you turn on both you will be fine but I guess the in-game MSAA just overrides SMAA so you are not getting any effect from SMAA. Correct me if I am wrong.

Other functions in reshade seem to work fine for me.

Why use reshade? Calibrate your monitor and be good to go.

If you wonder about the colours from inside VVS cockpits - well the game models poorer glass quality in the early VVS fighters.

• Confused 1

Ya wasn’t it cellulose acetate or something but over time it became discoloured ....

Not sure but, there is discoloration in the view from the pit.  Open the canopy for normal colours.

There was a practice of VVS flyers flying with their canopies open for spotting reasons.

3 hours ago, Barley said:

I just installed ReShade 4.1.1., but nothing comes up when I hit "Shift+F2" as the instructions state.  I selected OpenGL since DirectX3d 10+ caused crashes even with Antialiasing on.  Any idea?

https://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/2501-reshade-3-0-guide-for-newcomers

Oh damn I forgot whats the option that make the game crash. But it's compatible with reshade 4.1.1, dx10+ is what should be used, try not using antialiasing from reshade

You will have to uninstall it, but I am not totally sure what's was the problem, but I faced the same situation like you and I remember that disabling an option fixed the stuff and enabling it appear again. Just I can't remember what's the option...

You will have to reinstall the game if you can't access to it and disable the reshade 

This worked for me so I figured I'd share it incase anyone else has similar trouble.

What it fixed?

IL-2 crashes on startup with ReShade 4.1.1 installed with DirectX 10+.

Copied from NuTg's Post on Reddit :(Click here for the original post)

The bold text are changes/additions to the original

So I had this problem for weeks that my game crashed on launch and or I can't activate "Reshade" effects. So I was looking for a solution. And today, thanks to u/Yui-Kitamura, I found out how to fix it for myself and I think it will help for hopefully everyone who has this problem.

I'll give you few solutions/scenarios:

1. Whenever you install "Reshade" everything works perfectly on any in game display mode (windowed, full-screen windowed, full-screen) you don't need to make any changes.

2. Whenever you install "Reshade" and IL-2 crashes on full-screen, just change your in game display mode to windowed or full-screen windowed.

3. When ever you install "Reshade" and IL-2 crashes on full-screen AND you don't have powerful enough PC to run it on windowed mode. In this case go to the folder where your IL-2.exe is located: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game" Look for file called "dxgi.dll" and rename it to "d3d11.dll" then launch the game.

4. If you did 3 solution and whenever you try to open "Reshade" in game (Shift + F2) and you can't enable effects, you can only see red box and that's it. Then again go to the folder where your IL-2.exe is located: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game" And leave "d3d11.dll" renamed, but also rename file called "dxgi.ini" to "d3d11.ini" and then launch the game.

The first time through (after the above fixes to #4) I was able to get all the way to clicking "Start Mission" and then it crashed again.  I realized I had turned off Antialiasing.  Once I turned it back "on" everything worked great.