GOA_Walter_Nowotny

PANZERKNACKER - Scripted campaign Ver. 4.002 New Release !

campaignWEB.png

ATTENTION PILOTS!

**************************************************************************************************************************************

RE-UPDATED AND NEW RELEASE:             PANZERNACKER V4.002

Date upload:         04 - December - 2019

IMPORTANT INFO:

- Corrected all bugs from all game updates and now new release in IL2 version 4.002 with all new features in blocks and textures.

- Corrected some subtitles, routes, and general development of the campaign

- Also added 2 more missions (12 and 13) non-historical in winter map

**************************************************************************************************************************************

For new downloaders this is the last version of the campaign with the new version of game 4.002

You can download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tycdh4azzx84om1/Campaign Panzerknacker.rar?dl=0

Any question, issues and comments please post to help.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello pilots, this is my new campaign for the Henschel 129 B2.

This campaign is based in some historical background to create it.

Info for Installation:
Extract 'Campaign Panzerknacker.rar' file. 

Find and copy the folder 'data' from the 'Campaign Panzerknacker.rar' file into the IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad main directory. This will put all the missions into the 'IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Campaigns\Panzerknacker' folder and the skins into the correct sub-folders in the 'IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins\' directory.

PANZERKNACKER:

You will be the pilot Walter who joins the Schlachtgeschwader 1 flying the Henschel Hs 129 B2 plane, training to be part of the group of pilots.
After some missions, you will be transferred to the Tatsinskaya air base where is the squad Schlachtgeschwader 1, Gruppe II, commanded by Hptm Paul-Friedrich Darjes.

During July 1942, in Operation Barbarossa, Gruppe II of the Schlachtgeschwader 1 moved to Tatsinskaya in July and Tusov in August to support the 6th Army during the advance to the Don, and later to Stalingrad, which started on June 25.

Also, added 2 more maps in winter located in November, 1942 (non-historical)

The campaign:

Created by: Walter_Nowotny

Period: 1 July 1942 to 31 July 1942
Map: Stalingrad
Bases: Morozovskiy and Tatsinskaya
Number of missions: 11 + 2 bonus missions (12 and 13)
Skins prepared for this mission: 4 from me (with and without haken) and 4 retextured in 4K (only with haken) made for this campaign by E69_julian57

Languaje: English ( spanish only the description). And lost the German language because new release.

The skins are the first I have learned to do and are not 100% historical.

Play mission in expert mode: 
This campaign can be played in expert mode since it includes the PeilG6 in the plane and an NDB in aerodrome.

Comments, suggestions and errors found are welcome and will help improve this campaign in future updates.
Thank you,

...some pics:

10.png

02.png

Edited by GOA_Walter_Nowotny
Upload re-updated version 4.002
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11
  • Upvote 8

Thanks Walter :good:...i waited impatiently for a Hs129 campaign….So cool...:fly:

1 hour ago, Swing said:

Thanks Walter :good:...i waited impatiently for a Hs129 campaign….So cool...:fly:

Great!, hope you enjoy it.

Any question pm here

Your last campaign was awesome.  I cant wait to try this.  Thank you

The Hs 129 campaign I have planned will take place the next month where yours leaves off. So yours will get us to the Don and mine will get us across it :). I guess that worked out nicely. 

In your cover art I see the 30mm cannon. I thought this was not used during the BoS. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

The Hs 129 campaign I have planned will take place the next month where yours leaves off. So yours will get us to the Don and mine will get us across it :). I guess that worked out nicely. 

In your cover art I see the 30mm cannon. I thought this was not used during the BoS. 

Excelent Netscape. A perfect timeline!

If you want to use my name in a second part or something else related, welcome. Maybe that gives more dynamism to both campaigns.

And thanks for the comment about the cover art, I will correct it returning to home.

Salute!

I am curious as to why the folder structure I see on my PC bears no resemblance to your installation instructions.  My IL2 game is current thru Update 3.0.0.4.  I have access to BOM, BOS and BOK.  Upon opening the "IL2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow" folder I see the following folders:  bin, data, Screenshots, updates.  Am I missing something?  Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance.  Your campaign looks awesome.

32 minutes ago, photog95661 said:

I am curious as to why the folder structure I see on my PC bears no resemblance to your installation instructions.  My IL2 game is current thru Update 3.0.0.4.  I have access to BOM, BOS and BOK.  Upon opening the "IL2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow" folder I see the following folders:  bin, data, Screenshots, updates.  Am I missing something?  Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance.  Your campaign looks awesome.

Hello, when you unzip the archive, you will have a folder "Campaign Panzerknacker", open this folder and you will have 'data' folder.

Copy this folder and paste it in the same place that you have the 'data' folder in your "IL2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow" folder. This automatically will add the archive in each place of your 'data' folder. Will add in your folder 'Campaigns' the campaign, and in 'graphics' folder and subfolder 'skin/Hs129B2'  the 8 skins of my campaign.

Thats all.

Salute!

Thank you so much for your assistance.  I got the campaign up and running and flew the first mission.  Fantastic!  I know these are not easy to create, but I will keep my eyes for your next endeavor

Thanks very much Walter. Really appreciated, I know it is hard work.

Many many thanks for your efforts in creating this Scripted Mission Campaign, but I have one question: Can any part of it be flown on auto pilot? I ask this question as I am experiencing taxiing problems with any of the “twins” featured in this sim  and normally after much trial & even more error ,have given this task up to Auto pilot until take-off position is achieved. I can’t seem to get autopilot to work at any time & so far I have yet to get off the ground...I have no idea if it works in air as I haven’t gotten that far....sigh....

You are not alone, Blitzen.  This bird is very hard to taxi; and takeoff is no walk in the park either - and I've got about 4,600 hours in 26 different types, including twin tail-draggers like the C-47.  The HS-129 is a beast on the ground!  I would very much appreciate someone telling us how to overcome these issues!

S!

Wagslead

2 hours ago, wagslead said:

You are not alone, Blitzen.  This bird is very hard to taxi; and takeoff is no walk in the park either - and I've got about 4,600 hours in 26 different types, including twin tail-draggers like the C-47.  The HS-129 is a beast on the ground!  I would very much appreciate someone telling us how to overcome these issues!

S!

Wagslead

Through a very careful and excruciatingly slow process ( the Bf-109 E's must have been half way to wherever they were going by this time,,,) & I actually got the Hs-129 out and more or less lined up on the runway and then...you might guess ...even with as much force as i could put into corrected rudder...off into the weeds I went. I must add i did not key stroke in "Lock tail wheel'" that would have made some difference perhaps?😡

Edited by Blitzen

12 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Through a very careful and excruciatingly slow process ( the Bf-109 E's must have been half way to wherever they were going by this time,,,) & I actually got the Hs-129 out and more or less lined up on the runway and then...you might guess ...even with as much force as i could put into corrected rudder...off into the weeds I went. I must add i did not key stroke in "Lock tail wheel'" that would have made some difference perhaps?😡

While slow (20-25 kph seems to work), use 100% brakes (meaning no rudder) just a tap here and there to keep it on the taxiway.  On the runway pull forward to make sure the tailwheel is straight and stop.  Hold both brakes and with boost on give it full power.  After the engines have spooled up and you are starting to creep forward, release the brakes and at first steer with the brakes but pretty quickly you can switch to just using the rudder for the rest of the takeoff.

Edited by Plurp

Thanks, Plurp!  I'll give that a try.  I think I've managed one successful taxi and takeoff in the 129 and frankly I don't remember how I did it!

Cheers,

Wagslead

When I tried a very gradual throttle increase it just ground looped. So I tried brakes on, hit boost and slammed the throttle wide open. Worked like a charm :) maybe it shouldn't have but it did

On 6/27/2018 at 11:21 AM, Blitzen said:

Many many thanks for your efforts in creating this Scripted Mission Campaign, but I have one question: Can any part of it be flown on auto pilot? I ask this question as I am experiencing taxiing problems with any of the “twins” featured in this sim  and normally after much trial & even more error ,have given this task up to Auto pilot until take-off position is achieved. I can’t seem to get autopilot to work at any time & so far I have yet to get off the ground...I have no idea if it works in air as I haven’t gotten that far....sigh....

Mmmm, I don´t know about the taxi autopilot. I know that is a key in Configuration about AI complete control but I never used it. 

Salutations,

I believe the individual missions have to have the airfields aircraft 'taxi route' designated and in flight Nav points for the craft designated for Auto Pilot to be used throughout a mission. :salute:

On 6/27/2018 at 3:24 PM, Plurp said:

While slow (20-25 kph seems to work), use 100% brakes (meaning no rudder) just a tap here and there to keep it on the taxiway.  On the runway pull forward to make sure the tailwheel is straight and stop.  Hold both brakes and with boost on give it full power.  After the engines have spooled up and you are starting to creep forward, release the brakes and at first steer with the brakes but pretty quickly you can switch to just using the rudder for the rest of the takeoff.

21 hours ago, wagslead said:

Thanks, Plurp!  I'll give that a try.  I think I've managed one successful taxi and takeoff in the 129 and frankly I don't remember how I did it!

Cheers,

Wagslead

13 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

When I tried a very gradual throttle increase it just ground looped. So I tried brakes on, hit boost and slammed the throttle wide open. Worked like a charm :) maybe it shouldn't have but it did

I don´t have taxiing problems with the HS. Well at the beginning yes, but now is more easy.

To get out of neutral, I accelerate strong and cut power immediately, and then I leave between 20-30% the power to taxi and correcting all the time (pedal brake). I use pedals, that influences a lot respect to keyboard or some special button in the throttle pad. Has a special sensitivity respect to the other two (keyboars or throttle buttom). 

Before having pedals, I managed the rudder with special keys that have the throttle Saitek X-45 and the change was very different, much more controllable with pedals

OK- I admit it:in order to fly this scripted campaign I had to go to Custom settings & check "added rudder." That made my ham-fisted take-offs possible & flight to & from combat areasdo-able.Now let the fun begin!

I need some advice or assistance with this campaign.  I have successfully completed the first two missions and am stuck in Mission 3 - Dangerous Advance.  The mission opens with my 129 in front of a hangar looking across the flight line at the nine 129s awaiting take-off release.  The nine 129s never take-off despite recon reports of advancing tanks.  I have placed the game in time compression checking the instrument panel clock of my 129 for the passage of one hour.  I have even taken a cross country taxi to the head of the line of the nine 129s and taken-off.  The nine 129s never move.  Until I can get the game to advance I am stuck in perpetual Mission 3 mode.  Am I missing something?  PS  I really enjoyed the first two missions and look forward to completing the campaign.

3 hours ago, photog95661 said:

I need some advice or assistance with this campaign.  I have successfully completed the first two missions and am stuck in Mission 3 - Dangerous Advance.  The mission opens with my 129 in front of a hangar looking across the flight line at the nine 129s awaiting take-off release.  The nine 129s never take-off despite recon reports of advancing tanks.  I have placed the game in time compression checking the instrument panel clock of my 129 for the passage of one hour.  I have even taken a cross country taxi to the head of the line of the nine 129s and taken-off.  The nine 129s never move.  Until I can get the game to advance I am stuck in perpetual Mission 3 mode.  Am I missing something?  PS  I really enjoyed the first two missions and look forward to completing the campaign.

Hi Photog, you must let your partner's HS (Fw. Immelstorf) advance first. He will activate the command so that the 9 HS will take off. Maybe I do not explain that well.

Enjoy!

Walter,  when the mission starts Fw Immelstorf will start his engines and, then, does nothing.  How long does it take for him to advance?

2 hours ago, photog95661 said:

Walter,  when the mission starts Fw Immelstorf will start his engines and, then, does nothing.  How long does it take for him to advance?

Thank you for your comments. I re-checked again and was a little error in some command that not allow the correct execution of the mission. 

Corrected the mission 03 and updated the campaign for new users and added a zip file with only the mission 03 for those who are passed the 1 and 2 missions.

Mission 03 update:

If you already downloaded the campaign and has passed mission 1 and 2 and don´t want to loose progress, download this mission 03:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0v689l1ck9ikzy/data.rar?dl=0

Info for Installation mission 03 only:
Extract the folder 'data' from the 'data' zip file into the IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad main directory. This will put and update the mission into the 'IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Campaigns\Panzerknacker' folder.

Thank you, and any comments please post.

• Thanks 1

Walter,  Thank you for the quick fix.  It works!!  I even did something I never do when flying a mission.  That is, I escaped out of the application so I could let you know and express my thanks to you.  Your efforts are deeply appreciated.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Walter,  I hate to be a the bearer of bad news.  The release of Version 3.0005 has wrecked your scripted campaign.  When in the mission listing screen, selection of a mission only causes the screen to indicate working, but returns to the mission selection list.  Is this correctable?

ATTENTION PILOTS!

UPDATED:             PANZERNACKER 3.005

Date upload:         07 August 2018

For new downloaders this is the last version of the campaign with the new version of game 3.005

You can download here or in the first post (first post is the description of the campaign):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n1kxkxw29wg3ra/Campaign Panzerknacker.rar?dl=0

Any question, issues and comments please post to help.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello Walter, thanks for the campaign, it's just my cup of tea!

Mind you, not that I haven't had problems... (playing with icons and technochat off)

Mission 1 - 1st go: destroyed the bridges, went back after the bunkers and got shot down by AA.

Mission 1 - 2nd go: destroyed the bridges, ignored the bunkers, shot down two MiGs on the way home and crashed on the runway. Embarrassing, had forgotten to lower the wheels :blush:.

Mission 1 - 3rd go: destroyed the bridges, got rammed up the tail by a MiG on the way home. Crashed again.

Mission 1 - 4th go: attacked the first bridge, no result. Had forgotten to load the bombs. Mega-stupidity :dash:.

Mission 1- 5th go: Success! :biggrin:

Mission 2, by comparison, was easy. Got through it at the first attempt.

Cheers.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:29 AM, 216th_Cat said:

Hello Walter, thanks for the campaign, it's just my cup of tea!

Mind you, not that I haven't had problems... (playing with icons and technochat off)

Mission 1 - 1st go: destroyed the bridges, went back after the bunkers and got shot down by AA.

Mission 1 - 2nd go: destroyed the bridges, ignored the bunkers, shot down two MiGs on the way home and crashed on the runway. Embarrassing, had forgotten to lower the wheels :blush:.

Mission 1 - 3rd go: destroyed the bridges, got rammed up the tail by a MiG on the way home. Crashed again.

Mission 1 - 4th go: attacked the first bridge, no result. Had forgotten to load the bombs. Mega-stupidity :dash:.

Mission 1- 5th go: Success! :biggrin:

Mission 2, by comparison, was easy. Got through it at the first attempt.

Cheers.

Thanks for your comments, and happy that you enjoy it!

Cheers too!

Hello....

I`m old fool, but would someone spell it out..how this mission installing in BOS. 

I did  unzip the archive, I will have a folder "Campaign Panzerknacker", In there is folder Campaign Panzerknacker and inside this  'data' folder.

I did copy this folder and did paste it in the folder data/Campaingns in my "IL2 Sturmovik B.O.S" folder.

When i try open it There is nothing...only Picture  at.the beginning.

Sorry my English...Hope You understand my problem

kindly Jussi

33 minutes ago, jussitska said:

Hello....

I`m old fool, but would someone spell it out..how this mission installing in BOS. 

I did  unzip the archive, I will have a folder "Campaign Panzerknacker", In there is folder Campaign Panzerknacker and inside this  'data' folder.

I did copy this folder and did paste it in the folder data/Campaingns in my "IL2 Sturmovik B.O.S" folder.

When i try open it There is nothing...only Picture  at.the beginning.

Sorry my English...Hope You understand my problem

kindly Jussi

Hi Jussi,

For easy procedure: 

1) Errase the installed campaign Panzerknaker in your PC.

2) Then open the game and check there is no Panzerknacker campaign in your IL2 game. This will "errase" all the old data info of the campaign in your PC.

3) Finally, open your downloaded Panzerknacker 'data' folder and copy the 2 folders there, 'campaigns' and 'graphics' into the 'data' folder of your game.

4) Restart the game.

If don´t work, maybe I will need to update the Campaign into the last update (3.009).

Keep me advised.

Salute!

Thank`s, but it does not work...it seems, that if You would to update the Campaign into the last update...

kindly Jussi

On 1/17/2019 at 6:51 PM, jussitska said:

Thank`s, but it does not work...it seems, that if You would to update the Campaign into the last update...

kindly Jussi

SOLVED

Sorry..sorry.. I`m old fool. Simple reason..why this Campaign did not work was that I have not got this  Hs129B2 plane. Now I have and All working perfectly

kindly Jussi

Edited by jussitska

I just started the campaign and even in expert mode there are plane markers (allied and enemy) on the map...:unsure:...is this a bug since the last update (and hotfixs) ???....it did not happen with other scripted campaigns...