[MOD] Techchat icons off, text stays

CountZero

CountZero

If your like me and think techchat icons are not neccesary but you still like to have text they provide , you can use this is simple mod to eliminate icons of technochat only. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/976e8mtu0gwnrg7/nomoretehnoicon.zip

When you unzip "nomoretehnoicon.zip" , place "Tehnochat icons off" folder in your "MODS" or "JSGMEMODS" folder located in your "Il-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad" folder, and activate it by JSGME.exe program to enable this mod.

This will only work if you have Mods On in game. To turn mods on to your game, start it and then go in "Settings", then in "Game" and click on "Enable mods", and restart game.

Or to avoid start restart every time you wont to change this you can do it also by opening "startup.cfg" file located in your "1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data" folder, and change "modes = 0" to 1.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 4
Feathered_IV

Good idea!   I always find my attention drawn to them when I should be doing something else.  I'll look forward to giving this a try next time I play.  

CountZero

There is even posible to edit text that shows up, so if some one wonts he can have just info about stuff he needs in that tech chat and remove stuff he thinks its to mutch. Ths is not included in this mod, for that its neccesary to edit (for english users) "info.locale=eng.txt" file located in extracted \1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\(null)\swf\il2\ingamemessages folder, im now trying to get rid of text informing me about when i open close canopy,turn on off lights , and so on, ( i see if i just remove thouse lines in that txt file they dont show up in game, so then i just have info shown about stuff i need and dont have about whats unneccesary, it cleans it out even more and players can have it how they wont in simple way.

Sokol1

Is possible simplify the text, removing messages for obvious things like "Lights ON, Cockpit Open, LG down"... leaving only the warnings related with engine limits?

Edited by Sokol1
CountZero

Yes, here you have example where i added some removed text (for english game user). 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8nfto98xe52dy2t/Tehnochat icons and text edited .zip

Inside (\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\MODS\Tehnochat icons off and text edited v2\data\swf\il2\ingamemessages ) is also folder i added named "original" where are unedited .txt files for all languages so you can open them with notepad++, and remove what you dont wont to see reported by techchat, and place it in "ingamemessages" folder over one .txt file i have edited in mod. 

Its simple to remove messages, all you have to do is just delete parts of code you dont wont to get messages for from "info.locale=eng.txt" file (if you have english version, and so on for other languages).

Also in (\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\MODS\Tehnochat icons off and text edited v2\data\swf\catche\il2 ) is original folder with original ingamemessages.dds picture for people who wont to just remove few icons not all like it is now in mod.

Edited by 77.CountZero
link for version 2 of mod added
  • Upvote 1
VBF-12_Stick-95

This is a great idea. 

Couple of things.  When editing a file it should be optional to place "//" in front of the lines you do not want to see vs deleting the lines.  This way the file is kept whole and if you change your mind about certain lines you can just remove the "//" and the text will show again.

Second, I would like to keep the icons.  Is the "deletion" of the icons controlled by the presence of the ingamemessages file in the cache folder?  The second part of this question is, is it possible to only keep certain icons, e.g. supercharger, similar to the text?

CountZero

Hi Stick, yes thats better option with "//" infront lines of code you dont wont to have activated

Removal of all icons in both mods is controled by that ingamemessages.dds located in cache folder of mods, if you just rename it to -ingamemessages.dds you will see icons back.

If you deactivate some messages from "info.locale=eng.txt" file by deliting or placing "//" infront their icons will also be deactivated and you will see text and icons of only messages you have left active

Do you also wont to just remove text of some messages and have only their icons visable?

Edited by 77.CountZero
VBF-12_Stick-95
21 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

*snip*

If you deactivate some messages from "info.locale=eng.txt" file...  their icons will also be deactivated and you will see text and icons of only messages you have left active

*snip*

Thanks for getting back to me.  I think that's actually a perfect combination.  I have started by suppressing the damage messages.  I think it helps putting the unknown back in the game. 

I wish there was a section for co-pilot messages who would also be monitoring the instrument panel.  Then one could suppress the certain complex engine management messages for overheating, etc. but leave them for aircraft where a co-pilot would be present.

• 1 month later...
VBF-12_Stick-95

Since the update this seems to be working differently.  I don't receive any icons, only the text.  I may be wrong but I thought I was receiving icons for the text messages that remained in the file, e.g., combat power.

Sokol1

Is possible the other way around - show only few items (hidden the useless/dumb, e.g. lights on) but leaving only icons and no text?

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Would be nice to have the chat and/or technochat without the 3 to 5 fps hit. Maybe you could try to investigate what element is causing the hit and maybe do a mod to disable it? For sure it's not the instruments. It's pretty ridiculous as it is.

Edited by Mora_
CountZero

Didnt bather to check after latest patch, should work as before.

I was not able to get rid of FPS hit, only if you remove all it gets better, like sokol say its probably how that hud overlay works in game. I could see even small fps gain on WoL where you have only compas shown, and you turn that of with H key.

"Is possible the other way around - show only few items (hidden the useless/dumb, e.g. lights on) but leaving only icons and no text?"

By editing that original ingamemessages picture it is, you just remove icons you dont need on it and then just save it in mod folder. 

CountZero

I check mods and mod on first post works as before last game patch, text is shown and no techchat icons.

Mod on 5th post also work as before, also no techchat icons, and some extra text is removed (lights on , open cockpit and so on), BUT i edit link now for version 2 of that mod so it has original files from this last game patch for people who wont to edit techchat how they wont, as i see few lines of new text is added after last patch (probably stuff for new airplanes), and also i added original ingamemessages.dds picture if someone wonts to edit it and decide to keep some icons and not other (in mod all icons are removed).

On 5/8/2018 at 1:20 PM, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Since the update this seems to be working differently.  I don't receive any icons, only the text.  I may be wrong but I thought I was receiving icons for the text messages that remained in the file, e.g., combat power.

it worked like that before patch, no icons and only edited text, for that mod on post 5.

To make it how you wont ( icons and text that you edited only showing), go in mod (\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\MODS\Tehnochat icons off and text edited v2\data\sw folder) and just rename cache folder in mod to -cache, and that will deactivate edited picture that removes all icons, and you will then see icons on techchat you wont, and will not see icons and text on removed ones.

• 2 years later...
JG77-FluGb0t-
01.04.2018 в 17:18, CountZero сказал:

If your like me and think techchat icons are not neccesary but you still like to have text they provide , you can use this is simple mod to eliminate icons of technochat only. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/976e8mtu0gwnrg7/nomoretehnoicon.zip

With new version 4.009 this mod doesn't work anymore.

• Upvote 1
CountZero

Should work now, there was few more images added and previous one size was changed, i edited all of them and tested it on 4.009 then , and it works now as before text shows but icons dont, link is same so just redownload it from first post.

• Thanks 2