1C Game Studios, in partnership with Team Fusion Simulations, is proud to announce the release of a newly updated and improved BLITZ edition of the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!
As announced previously, 1CGS has partnered with Team Fusion Simulations to codify and improve their previous mod work and make it an official part of Dover. The release of BLITZ is part of the overall plan to release additional products for what we are calling the Dover Series. The Dover Series will co-exist beside our Great Battles Series. The two series will not be compatible with each other and likely cover different theaters of the war for the foreseeable future, but together both series will give you many options for gameplay and awesome content to enjoy.
How to Get BLITZ?
All current owners of Cliffs of Dover Classic will receive BLITZ for FREE in their Steam Library starting today. You just need to install to play. It may already be there waiting for you.
If you don't already own Cliffs of Dover you can purchase from the Steam store or from our Official Web Store. If you buy from the Sturmovik web store, you will receive a Steam key that must be activated on Steam. To purchase from the Official Web Store you must have an IL2Sturmovik.com User Account. If you are reading this you likely already have one.
IMPORTANT NOTE: BLITZ is only compatible with Steam and cannot be run without Steam due to its original design.
From December 14th until January 4th BLITZ will be on sale for 25% OFF. The regular price after the special will be $24.99.
Buy from STEAM STORE
Buy from OFFICIAL WEB STORE
NOTE: Purchases made in the Official Web Store go directly to the developers increasing much needed revenue.
Team Fusion has spent the past several years improving and fixing issues in the original Cliffs of Dover since it's initial release. Their work has greatly improved performance and fixed serious issues. Earlier this year, 1CGS gave the source code to TFS allowing them to further improve the title. Their work is now officially a commercial product and no longer just a mod. Below is some of what is included in BLITZ.
Full List of What's Included:
Additional New Aircraft Variants:
Bf-109 E-1B (Early Fighter-Bomber)
Bf-109 E-4N (DB601N engine and 100 octane fuel)
Bf-109 E-4/E-4B and E-4N versions with added armor for fuel tank and pilot
Bf-110 C-4B (Early Fighter-Bomber)
Bf-110 C-4N (DB601P engines with 100 octane fuel)
Bf-110 C-4NJG (Night-Fighter)
Bf-110 C-6 (Heavy 30mm Cannon armed version)
Blenheim Mk.IV_Late (twin gun rear turret and extra bomb-load)
Blenheim Mk.IV F (Heavy Day-Fighter)
Blenheim Mk.IV F_Late (Twin-gun rear turret and extra bomb-load)
Blenheim Mk.IV NF (Night-Fighter)
Blenheim Mk.IV NF_Late (Twin-gun rear turret and extra bomb-load)
Spitfire Mk.I 100 octane
Hurricane DH-520-100 octane
Hurricane Mk.I NF (Night-Fighter)
Hurricane Mk.I FB (Fighter-Bomber)
Beaufighter Mk.I F
Beaufighter Mk.I NF (Night-Fighter)
DH-82A-1 (Field Mod armed Tiger Moth)
DH-82A-2 (Czechoslovakian armed Tiger Moth)
DH-82A (Battle of Britain Tiger Moth version with bomb carrying capacity)
Sunderland added bomb capacity
Blenheim Mk.IF (Heavy Day-Fighter)
Blenheim Mk.INF (Night-Fighter)
- New Autumn and Winter Maps
- New Textures, trees, hedges, runways and terrain for all maps
- Perspective from altitude corrected to provide accurate views of rivers and terrain
- Additional historical landmarks
- Additional spline road types & more cow types for Full Mission Builder
- Elimination of original map bugs including:
- "Swimming Pools" in France
- Non- historical golf courses changed to farming.
- Dull water off Querqueville, dry rivers at Le Havre, Bradwell, and Barneville
- Airfield 'holes' at Hawkinge, Melville, Coquelles, Westhampnett, and Lympne flattened
- Added missing hangers to various French Airdromes
- Game upgraded to 64 bits and DX11
- Tree collisions enabled
- Distant Clouds enabled, 'Popup' effects reduced
- Contrails enabled
- Target dot view through cloud bug eliminated
- Game controllers naming change to address the Windows 10 re-ordering issue
- Rendering optimizations to increase FPS
- Reduced crash generating bugs.
- Updated existing aircraft engine sounds to historically accurate sound SFX
- Added Hercules engine SFX
- Added DB601N engine SFX
- Updated MG and cannon SFX including new Hispano and Mk-101
- Updated Explosion and hit SFX
- Added new flak sounds
- Added new day/night environmental ambience
- New Corvette, Tanker and Hospital ship types
- More accurate ship damage modeling
- Close and Distant aircraft visibility improved to provide more realistic combat environment
- Elimination of the 'Disappearing Aircraft' bug
- Added reflections from the sky and clouds to all aircraft surfaces
- Added reflections to canopy glass surfaces.
- Lowered the whitening effect from sun reflections in the propeller.
- Increased reflectiveness for distant glass surfaces to improve spotting
- Countless historically accurate improvements and additions to aircraft cockpit graphics
Hi-G Blackout effects revised to reflect actual pilot experience
- New historically accurate skins for all aircraft types
- Updated smoke/explosion particle effects
- Updated weapon particle effects
- Updated engine/vehicle particle effects
- Updated environmental particle effects
Flight Modeling and Aerodynamics:
- All aircraft types have historically more accurate aerodynamics including:
- Aerofoil characteristics corrected to historical
- More accurate aircraft dimensions and control surface operation
- Lift, Drag and Stall behavior improved
- Hi-speed Compressibility effects on maneuver introduced
Engine and Overheat modeling:
- Engine physics revised to give accurate horsepower generation throughout the altitude range
- Overheat and engine wear provide full range of engine damage from player mis-use
- All weapons types checked for accuracy and historical effectiveness
- AI gunner bugs eliminated
- Comprehensive damage revision of all aircraft types to reflect their construction and to provide more realistic combat results
- Maximum Aircraft G loading introduced
AI Aircraft Behavior:
- All AI aircraft types Flight/Damage and Engine modeling upgraded to Flyable standards
- AI Landing and Takeoff bugs eliminated
Player controlled Vehicles and AAA Artillery:
- Many Vehicles and Artillery now can be player controlled
Game loading Screens:
- New Hi definition game loading screens