Jason_Williams

Final Release of Battle of Kuban Delayed (A little bit)

- CO-OP Multiplayer Game Mode (ROF-like to start) Coming

- Air Marshall and Field Marshall modes for MP. (i.e. HQ-ATC-GCI type screen to manage a battle with realistic limited info) Coming

- Re-vamped Triple Monitor Support (Focused on VR instead, very few users use triple monitor and current support works, but not perfect. However would like to do someday if we can find the time)

- External Gauges API for app makers (I've discussed this many times and no one has reached out to me with a proper API or app to build to) (This is a request of my lead programmer before he spends time on it and he has limited time so we cannot waste his time.)

- Ability for Players to Import Vehicles and Objects (Like ROF) Already exists, why do you think I have asked for modelers to contact me. There will be some examples in 2018 and maybe some more will build stuff.

- SDK for Vehicles, Buildings, Boats and other Objects (Massively delayed due to illness (mentioned in my delay announcement) and not really a feature of the game itself. Nice to have, but can be over come by some users learning on their own)

- Custom Graphics Settings Options (Not really all that necessary, but we have added more options to the settings already this year. Not sure what else you need to change the graphics, you already have some pretty good ocntrol)

So no need for conspiracy theories or claims of shadiness. We've already explained many times that what we want to do and what we end up with in the end is our discretion and is determined by many factors. Sometimes we can't get to everything or some things just become less important for various reasons. I am not going to leave an outdated list of items we wanted to build forever. We are the most transparent team out there in this genre, but leaving obsolete messages up only causes confusion.

For these few items that did not pan out as hoped, there are many other items that were added or improved that were not on the list.

Basically, everything you want, I want. I know every want and need of this community believe me. I read it all. Everything is a "nice to have". 

Jason

• Upvote 18

Basically, everything you want, I want. I know every want and need of this community believe me. I read it all. Everything is a "nice to have". 

Jason

:good:

Are there still plans to allow sound mods?  I know Tiger33 already completed a sound mod for IL2BOX.  IIRC he was just waiting for permission from the Dev's to post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNCeaqGTNU

I don't care if he posts it. I've said this before. Looks like he modded Fmod or something. Just don't complain if it turns into a cheat.

Jason

• Upvote 3

looks great yall. while you finish work on this, ill be flying campaigns on Kuban!

hehe

cant wait for the coop !

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:27 My mods is complete and evolves as new updates, planes, etc. If the files in "scripts.gtp" (as for ROF) were not encrypted for some time already and the "mods on" option present, I would have many other ideas [ :)] . And yes FMOD is not "friendly accessible" ... that is why I was forced to recreated a whole complete library Identical to original BOS but with a whole lot more things .And this since the first version in early access(3 years already [:o:] ) If you are interested in other videos.. said me and I would see what I can do. [:cool:]

I found this post from him in Jan.  Maybe you can send him the unencrypted .gtp files?   Just an idea :)   His work for IL21946 was brilliant.

Edited by Jocko

The interface for the campaign system looks great but one question:

1. @Jason: Will the campaign be ONLY single player or will there be a "co-op" style option where others can join in?

Glad to hear you guys are going to have a nice Winter vacation. We're looking forward to the release but I think it's very civilized to take decent vacations. Enjoy the time off!

I found this post from him in Jan.  Maybe you can send him the unencrypted .gtp files?   Just an idea :)   His work for IL21946 was brilliant.

1) He should build his own sound files. Why in the world should they provide their sound files they invested money into to someone else for free?

2) This is opening up the avenue to people altering sound files so that their engines don't make any noise and certain engine types make enough noise to be heard easily well before a bounce.

3) The Il-2 sound hack was exactly the reason I gave up on that series.

1) He should build his own sound files. Why in the world should they provide their sound files they invested money into to someone else for free?

2) This is opening up the avenue to people altering sound files so that their engines don't make any noise and certain engine types make enough noise to be heard easily well before a bounce.

3) The Il-2 sound hack was exactly the reason I gave up on that series.

1) Actually, his sound mod was already completed without using the .gtp files.  It seems that he wanted to use those files to make other mods. 

2) Then disable it for MP.  90% of the player base play SP only and the vast majority of them enjoyed it in '46

3) That's all I'm going to say on the matter since it's not my mod.  Just thought it would add to the experience and since Jason was complaining about there not being enough people willing to contribute, I threw the idea out there.

Edited by Jocko

yeah it sounds 1000% better than the default sound. it would be nice if the devs could work together with him like with the skin makers and dix the modded fmod thing and maybe integrate in il2 for default ? ^^

Completely understandable Jason cheers for the explanations!!  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Good straight talk.

Let the devs breathe during the russian holiday season (a long one by any western standards), they've more than deserved it.

And keep in mind the your production rate is still 5x what we get out of our DCS investments so don't stress out.

Merry Christmas and all that (since I don't post often here)

- External Gauges API for app makers (I've discussed this many times and no one has reached out to me with a proper API or app to build to) (This is a request of my lead programmer before he spends time on it and he has limited time so we cannot waste his time.)

Jason

Even if it is not exactly external Jauge Gametrix Jetseat is wonderfull in DCS and would also be in Il2Bos :  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28664-devs-any-plans-make-game-compatible-gametrix-jetseat/?do=findComment&comment=534029

But the API to feed it from IL2Bos is missing...Maybe a good start ?

As example of features in DCS : negative G lower the vibration of the seat, near stall introduce specific vibrations, left and right vibration regarding the wheel bumping on ground and so on...

If only we should have that also in Il2Bos...

And moreover, community will never be able to provide you specification for an API for gauges display. Just make it as simple and as cheaper as you can, and  then tools will be made...

flight parameter export is the only disavantage that Box had versus other flight sims. It simply prohibit it to be in the "major league"...Even if they are fews, "influencer" make advertising by showing their cockpit and making demonstration in meeting, see for example this one (LAN at "La ferté" meeting organized by french C6team (http://www.checksix-fr.com/))

news03.jpg

Other are building motion platform :

Always DCS or FSX...You're loosing a lot of free advertising without this API...

Just make like ED : throw on local port UDP or IP frames with plane parameter and information, give a template lua script to use them and let community do the job !

Maybe you can start with Andre for it's jetseat/simshaker. As he is russian too, it could be easier for your team to setup something..

Edited by lefuneste
  • Upvote 5

Jason

Dear Jason, pilots,

I've been waiting for API implementation in IL-2 Sturmovik as I really want to add tactile feedback effects, taking simulation experience up to the next level, into this game. That would be my first priority task if the appropriate IL-2 API become a reality. Currently I can just add that I'd like to develop those tactile effects for ROF reincarnation in IL-2 Sturmovik as well. 

I submitted a set of data I need to be exposed by the game to make my part of job on May 12, both in Russian and in English.

I hoped this post would reach team members to whom it may concern. Looks like it didn't.

Jason, please, advise what means of communications should I use to reach you out regarding the API necessity and its structure. Should I sent you a personal message or use some other channel?

Posted 12 May 2017 - 17:54 by Andre

Hi guys,

Bearing in mind IL-2 API announced along with BoK, I'd like to say the following.

To support IL-2 BoS(M,K) in SimShaker and provide immersing FXs, those helps to avoid or significantly reduce a nausea in VR,

actually we need as little as access to some  IL-2 data:

• gun fire and pay-load release (left/right/middle side) data (работа вооружения, включая пушки,пулеметы, сброс бомб, пуск РС с разделением на лево/право/центр и. т.п. );
  • engine(s) attributes MP, RPMs, MW, AB (параметрые работы двигателя(ей) - наддув, обороты, форсаж при наличии);
  • landing gear state (положение шасси);
  • landing gear shock absorbers contraction (степень сжатия амортизаторов шасси);
  • flaps and air brake position (положение щитков/закрылков/воздушного тормоза);
  • damages (повреждения);
  • IAS (приборная скорость);
  • altitude above the ground (высота над уровнем земли);
  • accelerations (ускорения по 3 осям);
  • roll (крен);
  • AoA (угол атаки);
  • shake intensity, if possible (сила тряски, вибрации, по возможности).

Data should be provided even if some gauges are damaged or broken.

SimShaker software supports not only JetSeats, but bass-shakers as well.

Here is a link to my original post, if it's needed https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28664-devs-any-plans-make-game-compatible-gametrix-jetseat/?do=findComment&comment=470874

Here is a link to an API related poll, started and supported by tactile feedback enthusiasts, willing to improve their experience with IL-2  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32394-api-export-flight-data/

Kind regards,

Andre,

SimShaker software developer

Edited by Andre
  • Upvote 7

I am OUTRAGED!

Just kidding. As much as I wanted to get my hands on the P39 over winter break, I know that y'all are human and can't work on this 24/7. I'll eagerly await the release in January. 

• Upvote 1

Dear Jason, pilots,

I've been waiting for API implementation in IL-2 Sturmovik as I really want to add tactile feedback effects, taking simulation experience up to the next level, into this game. That would be my first priority task if the appropriate IL-2 API become a reality. Currently I can just add that I'd like to develop those tactile effects for ROF reincarnation in IL-2 Sturmovik as well. 

I submitted a set of data I need to be exposed by the game to make my part of job on May 12, both in Russian and in English.

I hoped this post would reach team members to whom it may concern. Looks like it didn't.

Jason, please, advise what means of communications should I use to reach you out regarding the API necessity and its structure. Should I sent you a personal message or use some other channel?

Here is a link to my original post, if it's needed https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28664-devs-any-plans-make-game-compatible-gametrix-jetseat/?do=findComment&comment=470874

Here is a link to an API related poll, started and supported by tactile feedback enthusiasts, willing to improve their experience with IL-2  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32394-api-export-flight-data/

Kind regards,

Andre,

SimShaker software developer

Best of luck with this Andre. Tactile feedback + HD VR would be crazy good.

Merry Christmas and thank you Jason and the team, a few weeks is no great shakes in the scheme of things, if you released early you would get more flak, so being straight up about it is great, THANK YOU

the 3Dvision is good now , just need a last tunning ( can' t used  at 100% depth ) , I hope .

- Ability for Players to Import Vehicles and Objects (Like ROF) Already exists, why do you think I have asked for modelers to contact me. There will be some examples in 2018 and maybe some more will build stuff.

I hope that Genius and Vanders contacted you.

the 3Dvision is good now , just need a last tunning ( can' t used at 100% depth ) , I hope .

Not the gunsight.

Edited by Habu

yes also the gunsight , I have forgotten it  .

in addition  to my first post :

for a good size or réalistic size of the cockpit , 100% séparation is required

Edited by sport02

Take enough rest to recover strength and enthusiasm in the great work they do. We all need to share these special days and holidays with family and friends.

In Spain there is a phrase that says: Wear me slowly I'm in a hurry. (I do not know if it makes sense in my English)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I don't care if he posts it. I've said this before. Looks like he modded Fmod or something. Just don't complain if it turns into a cheat.

Jason

Sorry Jason but why always consider "modding" as "cheating"?

What I have been doing for a very long time on many simulations is called PASSION.

I play exclusively solo so no interest to cheat.

Your game is fabulous ... congratulations and thanks for all the work done and to come.

As I said before and by respect for your work, I will publish my mod (maybe because when I read some things it does not really want to do it) only when you activate the option "Mods On" as in ROF.

1) My Sound Mod  is over for a long time.

2) If you think it's so easy to change the sounds of this game to cheat then why it was not done?

Believe me, recreating a complete sound base with FMOD is too long and difficult for something to be done to cheat.

• Upvote 5

I've read somewhere there was a sound mod (don't know in which game) which allowed to turn off all the sounds except enemy aircraft closing...

Is that possible at all?  

Edited by ST_ami7b5

This all looks so amazing, especially the Career Mode. I’m sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks to the team for all their hard work and enjoy the holidays!

What I have been doing for a very long time on many simulations is called PASSION.

I play exclusively solo so no interest to cheat.

Your game is fabulous ... congratulations and thanks for all the work done and to come.

As I said before and by respect for your work, I will publish my mod (maybe because when I read some things it does not really want to do it) only when you activate the option "Mods On" as in ROF.

1) My Sound Mod  is over for a long time.

2) If you think it's so easy to change the sounds of this game to cheat then why it was not done?

Believe me, recreating a complete sound base with FMOD is too long and difficult for something to be done to cheat.

I DO NOT consider mods a cheat. Stop saying this! I like mods and encourage them, hence why I am going to make Mods On mode. But the simple fact is that mods can and will be used as cheats whether you like it or not and then many will complain to us to stop the cheating. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MODS CAUSING CHEATING. If you can remember that, have fun making mods. Just don't complain to us or ask us to fix cheating with mods. We have ZERO time for this.

Tiger - you can release your mod if you want since it seems good and users want it. 

We have a sound engineer and we will not be replacing him with community sound mods.

Jason

• Upvote 8

I would like to have a realistic sound mod
If you want realistic sounds you would probably not hear any enemy gunfire and when it  hit you you'd  feel it as a vibration. According to Joe Peterburs he didn't realise he was being hit with small caliber stuff until he saw it visibly peppering his wing.   You would of course not be able to hear engine sounds from outside the aircraft strapped in, with a flight helmet on and your engine roaring away  

I DO NOT consider mods a cheat. Stop saying this! I like mods and encourage them, hence why I am going to make Mods On mode. But the simple fact is that mods can and will be used as cheats whether you like it or not and then many will complain to us to stop the cheating. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MODS CAUSING CHEATING. If you can remember that, have fun making mods. Just don't complain to us or ask us to fix cheating with mods. We have ZERO time for this.

Tiger - you can release your mod if you want since it seems good and users want it. 

We have a sound engineer and we will not be replacing him with community sound mods.

Jason

Thank you for your answer .

I think we do not understand each other.

There will be no public release of my Sound Mod.

I never wanted to take the place of anyone

but simply make this game even more realistic ... but above all for my personal use.

it will remain my channel on youtube with some videos from time to time (maybe)

Keep up your very good work  with Il2 Battle of XX :salute:

Jason

Tiger_33, tu confonds tout. Il faut que tu comprend des détails du inglés... et il te faut arranger cela..!! :dash:

Jason, I very much prefer the gunsounds of the sound engineer of the team. They are often more complex on good Hi-Fi. The soundmod is nice as well, but seems to differ in quality too strongly. Some good quality, like the start-up sequence, but some too meh, like the gunsounds. Its a mod vs professional work, different ballpark.

If there is a question I may ask, Jason, it would be: Do you have plans to increase the VR zoom by a bit to more match the zoom on 2D monitor please? Or maybe put a second "VR zoom" with stronger zoom right beneath the current one in the key settings, so people with dizziness can still use the old one? The issues in VR with identification that many people face may largely come from this disparity in magnification. I talk daily to folks on comms who also use VR, they all agree, but hardly post. The reasons why you chose a lower magnification are clear, people shouldn't have to fly with a bucket right next to them. :biggrin:   Please consider this option..

P.S. Eagerly awaiting the next updates. Purchased already everything to come so far.  :salute:

Edited by 2./JG51_Fenris_Wolf

Do whatchagotta, Jason! Life happens. Best of the holiday season to you and the team!

Jason, did you see the answer from Andre concerning the gauge API?

That would be a great addition!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your answer .

I think we do not understand each other.

There will be no public release of my Sound Mod.

I never wanted to take the place of anyone

but simply make this game even more realistic ... but above all for my personal use.

it will remain my channel on youtube with some videos from time to time (maybe)

Keep up your very good work  with Il2 Battle of XX :salute:

If it's for private use, don't show videos of it.

Jason

Jason, did you see the answer from Andre concerning the gauge API?

That would be a great addition!

Ya I saw it. Nothing new. I'm talking about External Gauges. You guys are lobbying for something different.

Jason

Tiger_33, tu confonds tout. Il faut que tu comprend des détails du inglés... et il te faut arranger cela..!! :dash:

I do not confuse anything and I know how to read between the lines.

I remind you that I did not ask anyone,nor an integration of my job or an official publication.

I just show some videos on youtube while waiting for the activation of the "mods on" and that's it.

I continue to say that IL2 battle of xx is the best ww2 simulation :good: but I think that the sound environment can be improved

and that's what I'm trying to do.

but I think that the sound environment can be improved and that's what I'm trying to do.
Seeing as you have already teased nearly 7000 viewers on Youtube, maybe when "mods on" is available you will reconsider  your stance on keeping your sound mod just for private use? 

I continue to say that IL2 battle of xx is the best ww2 simulation :good: but I think that the sound environment can be improved

and that's what I'm trying to do.

...and at this juncture why do we care exactly?