NHK295M

ACTION DOGFIGHT and TANKS

Pilots and tank crews!

Fight in the air and on the ground! Victory at any cost!

• AIRCRAFTS:

Taking off from the airfield with a warmed up engine (any weapon);
Full real, warmed up engine only.

• TANKS:

Limited tanks - losses is step to lose mission
 AT-guns and AAA protect tank spawns(High AI level)
 Random tank and planes setups on Lapino maps, balanced on other maps.

• RULES:

Allowed to vulch in any form;
Allowed to shoot down paratroopers;
Allowed to attack tanks by any means available;
It is forbidden to destroy allied forces;
It is prohibited to use a foul language in chat;
It is forbidden to use any third party software consists of unapproved apps that manipulate gameplay and software includes hacks, “mods” or programs that unfairly alter game functionality. Any other programs that aim to modify or provide unearned progress;
Administration reserves the right to remove any player from the server without explanation of violations.

• SERVER SETTINGS:

No kill notification;
No icons;
No weapon locks;
No coalition balancer;
Weather: random in all missions(from clear to overcast). Mission start time: random, from 4 to 12 AM. (special thanks to -DED-Zlodey for great program RWeather)
Max client ping: 500; 100Mbit network (limited 50mbit in sds file)
Mission time: 12 hours. Or sooner if one coalition complete mission objectives

• STATISTIC

http://il2action.ddns.net/en/

based on IL-2 Stats by =FB=Vaal

P.S. Any questions or suggestions are welcome! :)

Edited by NHK295M
update
  • Upvote 4

Changes:

1) 4 missions now in rotation: autumn, winter(morning), summer, winter(evening)

2) Bomb arming removed from AI planes Ju-87 and IL-2. Changed to 37mm guns Bk 3.7 and Sch-37

3) Duel zones removed(to another server)

4) Pilot awards picture changed

Changes:

1) Removed airstart, added second airfild for both sides in case of the main airfield vulching.

2) AI PzIV G reduced to PzIV F, in 3 missions. And in one missions AI tanks changed to light tanks for both sides. 

Congrats, you've got a nicely populated server with a lot of action. I have identified a few problems with the tank bases that I think should be easy enough to fix (mission "action 40 winter"):

1. First, and this is probably a bug, the German side could not capture base II. The flag would just not go down, even when no enemies were around.
  2. Spawning at bases that are being captured should not be allowed. This is especially a problem for Germans, because of the imbalance between the T34 and the PzIII. It's hard enough to wipe out an enemy force when in a PzIII, but it's possible using better tactics, better aiming and using cover. But if the enemy force can respawn under your nose, the task becomes very difficult.
  3. The spawn point should always be outside of the capture radius of the flag. Maybe it's already the case, but I thought I would mention it anyway. Without that. people can prevent or slow down a capture just by continusouly respawning.

EDIT: I just opened the mission in the editor, and I can see what the problem was about 1: The radius was much smaller than I would have expected. It's only 10m. I expected more something like 100m. Maybe you should write about the capture radius in the mission briefing. When I asked on the server nobody knew why the flag wouldn't go down. Points 2 and 3 you have actually already implemented.

Edited by coconut

Maybe you should write about the capture radius in the mission briefing.

Most of players didn't read the briefing anyway :biggrin:

My favorite server in the last time. Crg and thx for this!

Will it be updated if Yak-1 and Ju-52 will be released?

Edited by YoYo

Any update to 2.005 + Jak-1b?

I dont see the server Today.

Updated and up now

AI PzIVG returned.

Edited by Mr_Pickles

Costa i agree,

fast action, lot of objectives,  easy IA for kill and lot of dogfight .  fast fun.

thx

For test:

1. Added Ju-52 for both side.

2. Locked skins, custom for all, and usual for Ju52(red skin for VVS), unfortunately it is imposible custom skin locks in FMB this option did not work :(

Hope players understand these circumstances, and will comply with the rule: red Ju-52 for VVS, camo Ju-52 for LW.

3. Added possibility to capture village by paratroopers from J-52

If you not agree with it - write here, we can always return server to the previous state!

I do not remember which mission it happened on. I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens again and note which mission it happened on.

How about a slighty asymetical mission, like 5-6 T-34s spawning and fighting against 3-4 Marders hidden in the woods, when a Marder dies, a Stug takes it's place, while an endless amount of Soviet T-34s come? Basically a battle where the advancing Soviets meet a German vehicle AT unit. The player could be useful by supporting the attack or opposing it. The Soviets have to overrun the German position to win.

Or maybe a mission where the Germans have to protect a unit of 30 halftracks full of infantry as they dash to the village to engage the Soviet AT guns and Tanks there? If the Germans succeed in getting a portion(maybe 10?) of the halftracks to the town, the Soviet units will be triggered to be destroyed, and the town will become German. In 1942, most Soviet T-34s were destroyed by airstrikes or close range infantry assults, with the infantry throwing bunker charges onto the tanks. Also, rhis would be different from the rather common tank battles in il2, with both sides just stopping and firing, with the weaker tank being destroyed.

ATM, server on the limit - i can't add more ground targets, mission objectives and player slots couse server hardware(core 2 duo 2.33 with 4gb memory) need to upgrade.

If you want help with it:

1. Yandex.Money

https://money.yandex...410012131270260

2. PayPal

https://www.paypal.me/pimpochka

Describe you nickname for Hall of Fame on server statistic page, if you want.

Now we have PC with 4Gb DDR3, without CPU, so we need CPU for socket 1150. And i buy 4Gb memory, will be 8 in total.

Or if you want gift used CPU for 1150 - send me a PM. 

I tried to get onto this server today but was repeatedly booted back to the games home screen. I can get on to all other servers, but not this one. Any ideas as to why that is the case? 

Thx,

Central 

I tried to get onto this server today but was repeatedly booted back to the games home screen. I can get on to all other servers, but not this one. Any ideas as to why that is the case? 

Thx,

Central 

Issue seems to have self resolved. 

Central

This server is now password protected. Is this temporary or will it be locked from now on? I have had some people asking me about it for some reason. 

Edited by I-Fly-Central

Sometime i run password protected server then a testing something. You can join if you want(password usually 9696, if not work - it is not testing but closed event :) ) but i turn on external view and in any time can restart mission if it needed for testing, etc.

Added Kuban map in final version, and reworked mission briefings(in some game patch they was broken and all subtitles for game events become russian lang.

Mission time noted in briefing. Couse in game timer count from 3h as in server settings for max mission time - 60min mission ended then counter at 2h.

Server will be stopped today for maintenance. For several hours i hope :rolleyes:

Hi Mr_Pickles I love your server. It is one of the best in my opinion. Today I noticed all single engine fighters were disabled in the server. I am a fan of mixing things up a bit but this specific aircraft selection creates a problem: The Germans still have a heavy fighter (the 110) but the allies don't. And neither the Pe-2 nor the IL-2 can remotely stand up to the 110 in a dogfight. This makes flying allies in the server extremely hard at best and outright frustrating at worst. I really like that you are rotating aircraft selection but I think you need to make sure that both sides can at least compete. Thanks a bunch!

The mission without fighters is simply the best, dont remove it. You have I16s and E7s for fighters, thats more than enough.

The mission without fighters is simply the best, dont remove it. You have I16s and E7s for fighters, thats more than enough.

Hi, mission without fighters maybe the best but the problem is that everyone leaves the server during these missions.

I love this server but I think it would have a better attendance during missions with fighters.

Sorry for my english...

Edited by Jamahiquet

I like this server. I'm flying more now with Spit IX

Usually it is empty, but with BOBP airplanes it is gaining new life

There are many players who can not connect to Russian servers because of ping

I'd like to ask you to pull out night rotation maps and instill the BOBP's planes. Because with them people are playing

It was just now in a battle that began at sunset. Please, if you are going to put battles like this, change to the sunrise, I just gave up on the game because it's not fun to fly in the dark

Edited by LUZITANO

Love this server. Mostly I drive tank. Unlike the fly boys I also enjoy the maps at near-darkness. In a tank the pesky planes are just annoying, particularly the stukas with the god bombs. They nearly take the fun out of it, so darkness helps a bit. Taking the god bombs away from them would also help a lot. They might have to acquire some precision bombing skill. 😀

• Upvote 1

My favorite server, I spend a lot of time here (too much really).

I have some suggestions, but I don't know really whether some then are really possible within the limits of what the server platform can do.

Tanking, in this sim, as I see it, is to a very large extent, in contrast with flying, a game of hide and seek. Particularly on this server, which thankfully doesn't show icons on the tanks. The slow speed of the tanks, in relation to map size, means that on the larger maps, it's a draw out tactical game, a mission can take quite long, and the topic of information about a tank's position becomes very important.

In game, you decide on a course of action, a plan, based on the available information, and part of that is the number of players logged on on each side. Often the numbers are very low, allowing to deduce who's flying or tanking, on each side. A lot of time and effort can be invested in successfully winning and ending a map.

Given this, there are some behaviors which can take the fun out of tanking. One is, switching sides to prevent the outcome of a map being won, i.e. terminated. Such a player usually has advance knowledge gained by being on one side and switching. This one also applies to flying.

OTOH are behaviors which are non-problematic to flying, but can take the fun out of tanking. When a player ends a tank mission to avoid being killed, then switches to a plane to observe the opposite tank's position, and just when that tank is about to win the map, gives position info to other players, those who haven't even been in the game, just on the server, and spawn to prevent the map to be won.

Of course nothing can be done about outside communication channels, which might have been used in such a situation. Certainly, as far as I know the sim, it's normal to be able to see chat, and friendly-chat in particular, when 'on' a side, but before spawning. I wonder whether it would be possible to limit chat visibility to 'after spawning'? This may not be possible in the sim, and also has some downsides.

It would certainly be possible to extend the coalition change penalty, which is so short that it gives no incentive to not do it.

A thought: is it possible, within the limits of the server software, to have a penalty for switching between tank and plane, to prevent players adopting the role of some all-seeing, all-aware, uber player?

Edited by stupor-mundi

Couse in 3.005c Dserver.exe permanently crush i stop the server.

I'm advertising for free for "Action Dogfights" on facebook. It's really fun to see so many Tigers and A8s out there

Good boy!

37919667_2312952175388803_6550454266094419968_n.jpg.6fc06ba8fcb5d4cb9d9f83a1092a37ee.jpg

Is there a specific time when this server is up? Or is it a bit more ad hoc than that.

It is a great server!

Then i at home  - i up server🙃 In 3.005 tank servers can't work more than couple of hours. Untill hot-fix or 3.006 release i made some changes in mission and test it. When i on duty server crushed and down before i back home.

disco again ... 🤕 too bad, that was a very fine tank battle with a lot of players ... I like this changed mission design (Lapino map), good job to you mission builder!

Edited by I./ZG1_feuervogel