Photo

Make IL-2 look stunning with improved ground detail and visibility! How-to and discussion!

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 a_radek

a_radek

Posted 15 February 2017 - 19:29

Doesn't look like there is anything wrong there. 

There are 2 things I can think of that could cause your crash. The first is that there is something else interfering with your game. Although, I would not have a clue as to what that could be.

The second is that a specific line in the terrain.cfg file is causing the problem. We can find this out with a test. 

I have made a special terrain.cfg file that only contains 5x texlod=2048,8 in all settings. (I will remove this link after you have tested it to prevent others from downloading the wrong file)

Could you place this in your graphics folder and see if the game runs. If it does, then I have another test to test the values your PC can handle.

If the game still crashes on launch than something else is causing the crash. I honestly don't have a clue what it could be in this case. 

Let me know what your findings are and I will help where I can.

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Afraid this didn't work either, strange. Convinced it's on my side so will see if a fresh gameinstall will do the trick. Thanks a bunch for trying!

Will try that gramps.

#82 a_radek

a_radek

Posted 15 February 2017 - 19:51

Figured it out, and don't feel to talented now.

Opened up the terrain.cfg just to have a look and to my suprise it's full of html.. Realized my mistake was to right click BlackHellHounds links and choose "save as". File downloads with the correct naming that way, but il2 crashes when given a mediafire webpage instead of a proper cfg file.

So don't be like me, right clicking/download BlackhellHounds links. Just follow them.

Game runs fine with the default cfg and the difference is amazing :)

#83 BlackHellHound1

BlackHellHound1
  • Founder

Posted 15 February 2017 - 20:12

Figured it out, and don't feel to talented now.

Opened up the terrain.cfg just to have a look and to my suprise it's full of html.. Realized my mistake was to right click BlackHellHounds links and choose "save as". File downloads with the correct naming that way, but il2 crashes when given a mediafire webpage instead of a proper cfg file.

So don't be like me, right clicking/download BlackhellHounds links. Just follow them.

Game runs fine with the default cfg and the difference is amazing :)

Good to hear you figured it out. Enjoy your improved ground detail :)

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

sC5lUvR.jpg

QaelX68.jpg

i7-2600 3.4GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+

#84 Gramps

Gramps
  • Founder

Posted 15 February 2017 - 22:29

Glad you got it sorted out!

i5 4690 @3.9, GTX 1070, 16 GB Ram, X55, VKBIII pedals, Win 10

#85 1./KG4_Odessa

1./KG4_Odessa
  • Founder

Posted 22 February 2017 - 16:07

I used the Mastiffs Graphic setup + your file whoo it look nice IL2 now. I am on 1070 GTX + triple-screen

Mastiffs : https://forum.il2stu...t-and-settings/

Thx Mastiffs + BlackHellHound1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users