Photo

IN WAR

Best Answer I./ZG1_Panzerbar , 31 May 2016 - 17:17

INTERACTIVE WAR, AFTER ACTION REPORTS

1st Tour of Duty.

AFTER ACTION REPORT August 28 /29, 1942.

Spoiler

AFTER ACTION REPORT September 4 / 5, 1942

Spoiler

AFTER ACTION REPORT September 11 / 12, 1942

Spoiler

AFTER ACTION REPORT September 18 / 19, 1942

Spoiler

Badges of participants are distributed as follows:

Luftwaffe Badges:
Spoiler

VVS RKKA badges
Spoiler

INTERACTIVE WAR, AFTER ACTION REPORTS

2nd Tour of Duty.

AFTER ACTION REPORT 3-4 October 1942.

Spoiler

AFTER ACTION REPORT October 9-10, 1942.

Spoiler

AFTER ACTION REPORT October 9-10, 1942.

Spoiler

AFTER ACTION REPORT 23-24 October 1942

Spoiler

Statistics and campaign badges will appear a bit later.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#321 EAF_Starfire

EAF_Starfire

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:50

Parashute shooting

During the first half of yesterdays mission I was attacking a lone Ju88. 

I got bounched by a lone Bf109 who was able to disable my Yak-1. 

After bailing out the pilot in the Bf109, did a shooting pass at me.

@Axis side

If I see this behaviour again, I will kill any one in a parachuse on Axis side.

This is not a threat! It is a promise!  :angry:

EAF does normally refrain from this behaviour, and encurage fair play but I will make exceptions if this behavior happens again!

Edited by EAF_Starfire, 28 October 2017 - 10:50.

"....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
- Chris Kubasik

#322 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 28 October 2017 - 18:56

Parashute shooting

During the first half of yesterdays mission I was attacking a lone Ju88. 

I got bounched by a lone Bf109 who was able to disable my Yak-1. 

After bailing out the pilot in the Bf109, did a shooting pass at me.

@Axis side

If I see this behaviour again, I will kill any one in a parachuse on Axis side.

This is not a threat! It is a promise!  :angry:

EAF does normally refrain from this behaviour, and encurage fair play but I will make exceptions if this behavior happens again!

Hey Starfire!

Could you please explain where exactly this happened and maybe can describe skins of Ju-88 and Bf-109 - it help to identify who exactly was shooting when we have no video of this situation.

We don't appreciate shooting of parashute too. So we can just suppose that it was unlucky accident without really strong reason to shoot the parashuter.

One of our pilot told us that he saw jumping out from the plane he attacked and so he supposes he could hit jumping pilot too at the same time but he didn't do it specially and there were no parashute at that moment.

#323 Lofte

Lofte
  • Founder

Posted 28 October 2017 - 21:05

That was Wize. I don't think he did it specially. Watch this moment on the footage below.

btw - I wondering - where did he lose his canopy?))

youtube.com/watch?v=0YAzraDYqUk

Edited by Lofte, 28 October 2017 - 21:11.

Sorry for my English. I hope it's better than "google translate"...

#324 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 28 October 2017 - 23:24

And btw guys, just think about.

We're above the enemy object and under strong flaks' fire, moreover enemy fighters are attacking our bombers. Do you really suppose that our fighters will make themselves busy shooting parashutes at this moment?  :biggrin:

#325 II/JG11ATLAN

II/JG11ATLAN
  • Tester

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:52

one question how to join or attend INWAR, dont find Website etc any more

could you give me a link ?

thx

Never Surrender ! :wacko: The whole Life is Dogfight!

MBO:ASUS PRIME Z270-P, CPU:INTEL I7-7700K, GPU:6GB EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 16GB RAM 3000 MHz, Corsair Vengeance LPX Black,Oculus Rift CV1, LG49LF6309 49´TV , WIN10 HOME 64BIT, CH COMBATSTICK, CH THROTTLE, PRO SAITEK FLIGHT PEDALS

#326 EAF_T_Therion

EAF_T_Therion

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:04

one question how to join or attend INWAR, dont find Website etc any more

could you give me a link ?

thx

http://inwar.club/en/

You have to register and apply for the next mission.

Cheers

"Un pour tous et tous pour un"

post-30291-0-23615000-1476390948.jpg

#327 EAF_Starfire

EAF_Starfire

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:42

And btw guys, just think about.

We're above the enemy object and under strong flaks' fire, moreover enemy fighters are attacking our bombers. Do you really suppose that our fighters will make themselves busy shooting parashutes at this moment?  :biggrin:

I dont speculate into the mindset of anyone, becourse that would be....speculation.

I judge by action/deeds, not words.

Like tracers directed at my parachute.

Been flying combats sims as long as I have, you see some pretty weird behaviour (by my standard).

Like wasting ammo on an aircraft that was damaged, venting and in a flatspin with no altitude to recover  :rolleyes:

"....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
- Chris Kubasik

#328 II/JG11ATLAN

II/JG11ATLAN
  • Tester

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:54

http://inwar.club/en/

You have to register and apply for the next mission.

Cheers

thx :) 

Never Surrender ! :wacko: The whole Life is Dogfight!

MBO:ASUS PRIME Z270-P, CPU:INTEL I7-7700K, GPU:6GB EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 16GB RAM 3000 MHz, Corsair Vengeance LPX Black,Oculus Rift CV1, LG49LF6309 49´TV , WIN10 HOME 64BIT, CH COMBATSTICK, CH THROTTLE, PRO SAITEK FLIGHT PEDALS

#329 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:29

Been flying combats sims as long as I have, you see some pretty weird behaviour (by my standard).

Be sure only "normal" pilots are flying in InWar. All another who not accept a fair game will be led to the exit door (usually they go out themselves).

And if something that is outside your standards happens that it's 99% extraordinary situation happened accidentally.

#330 SCG_Riksen

SCG_Riksen

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:09

Just signed up but I don't really understand when the slots for the planes open up for the next mission. Sorry for the noob question

Up2H3he.png

#331 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 29 October 2017 - 14:28

At this screen you see two next actual missions - preparation and attack.
Just choose type of plane you prefer to fly and sing yourself in mission.
After that just wait to which plane you will be assign by commander.
It would be also great if you choose planes you fly well at the „Personal info“ page. That will help the commander to set you to the right aircraft.

#332 =J13=Serenity

=J13=Serenity
  • Founder

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:24

Report made by =J13=Xarann:

"Another stage of interactive war is over

During the preparation stage both teams were saving resources while attacking enemy Airforce

Also Soviets attacked sector B, and German bombers stroke enemy warehouse.

As the result Soviets were able to form an assault group on the south sector and (probably) after diversion attack on sector A, started their main assault on sector C.

Since German command was absent (Commander and his assistant did not participate), blue team was disorganized.

Although German bombers made two sorties on enemy railroad station, Soviets, after many strafing runs and destruction of more then 40% of the defense, captured sector C.

At the very high cost in attack ground units. 

One soviet airplane was destroyed right over Krasnodar 2.

=RFF=Zakat.

LLv34_Camouflage is to blame. He receives personal warning

New system will give text message in case airplanes get too close to the enemy airfields. Also, Departures will be deducted from the active fighter airfield. 

The rule is the same  - both sides must avoid getting closer then 5 km from any of the enemy airfields."

Edited by =J13=Serenity, 30 October 2017 - 07:25.

#333 LLv34_Camouflage

LLv34_Camouflage
  • Founder

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:12

Sorry, my bad. I was absolutely sure we were 12km west of that position. Now seeing the video, obviously this was not the case. I'm aware of the rules and it definitely was not my intention to attack this close to the airfield. I'll pay better attention to navigation in the future and make sure this won't happen again.

My condolences to Zakat's widow.

<S>

Camo

#334 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 30 October 2017 - 23:01

27.10.2017 - Attack - Luftwaffe

=J13=xarann: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (13 performed flights), Eisernen Kreuz I (4 destroyed targets by horizontal bombing)

=LwS=Wize: rewarded with Deutschen Kreuz in Silber (for the brave preservation of German materiel), Leutnant rank assigned

=LwS=Zweit: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz I (1х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft, 1х shot down two-engine enemy aircraft, 1 destroyed target by assault flight, 1 destroyed target by horizontal bombing), rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (12 performed flights), Leutnant rank assigned

Baron von Myakin: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Bronze (6 performed flights)

I./KG53Kaufmann: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz II (1х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft1 destroyed target by horizontal bombing)

LLv24_StableAce: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz II (4х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft

LLv32_Korppi: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (12 performed flights), rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz II (3х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft), Leutnant rank assigned

LLv32_vvaris: Leutnant rank assigned

LLv34_Camouflage: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz II (4х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft) (5th shot down plane in the forbidden area wasn't counted), Leutnant rank assigned

LLv34_Temuri: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz II (3х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft)

Lofte: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz II (3х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft1 destroyed target by horizontal bombing), rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Bronze (7 performed flights), Leutnant rank assigned (for the brave fight against superior enemy and saving of German crew)

[HTS]Tovarisch_Mauser: reprimand for the successful testing of German gunnery against German materiel 

Adler Blau: reprimand for the non-appearance to the flight as a result of alcoholic intoxication

=KAG=Dron: reprimand for the non-appearance to the flight as a result of alcoholic intoxication

* by rewarding, all achievements during the whole pilot's career are taken into account and not only from the last mission 

#335 SCG_Riksen

SCG_Riksen

Posted 31 October 2017 - 00:05

Could you guys fix my profile name? I put 4./JG52 twice there

Up2H3he.png

#336 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:43

Could you guys fix my profile name? I put 4./JG52 twice there

Done.

Logging in use your nickname without sqaud prefix

#337 SCG_Riksen

SCG_Riksen

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:51

Done.
Logging in use your nickname without sqaud prefix

Thank you! One last question if you dont mind ... what is the communication channel for the mission?

Cheers

Edit: Never mind I just saw the ts address on top there. Sorry

Edited by 4./JG52_Riksen, 31 October 2017 - 08:54.

Up2H3he.png

#338 =J13=xarann

=J13=xarann
  • Founder

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:24

what is the communication channel for the mission?

Main TeamSpeak: axa-ts3.servegame.com, there are separate channels for InWar. Briefing starts 30 minutes before mission in HQ channel of Team

lg.png

Cunningplane of Putin is the best airplane!

#339 LLv32_Korppi

LLv32_Korppi

Posted 03 November 2017 - 21:11

Hello. I start straight with apologies... Me and waris were patrolling between enemy airfields. We got lost ant found ourselves near enemy airfield. We tried to head away from it but enemy fighters started shooting us so we had to protect ourselves. One was shooting waris so i intercepted him. red pilot luckily got back his airfield. Our passage near enemy airfield was pure accident and we tried to evade it straight after we figured it out. Im sorry and waris is sorry too... 

LLv32_Korppi_icon.jpg

Korppi - Lentolaivue 32 / LeR3 - Finnish Virtual Pilots

AMD fx-8350 8-core 4.2Ghz - 16gb DDR3- STRIX R9 390 8gt - Windows 7 - 27"AOC (1920x1080) - TM Hotas Warthog throttle & Joystic - TM Rudder pedals - Kanttori's hotas throttle expansion - TrackIR5Pro

#340 SCG_Riksen

SCG_Riksen

Posted 03 November 2017 - 21:42

Guys,

The mission starts at GMT+3  and breifing is supposed to start 30 min prior to start. Im over TS3 but dont see anyone .... Is it still happening?

Up2H3he.png

#341 =J13=Serenity

=J13=Serenity
  • Founder

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:24

Guys,

The mission starts at GMT+3  and breifing is supposed to start 30 min prior to start. Im over TS3 but dont see anyone .... Is it still happening?

Hmm. Event happened on time.

Another reference is for example Eastern time - 14.30

#342 SCG_Riksen

SCG_Riksen

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:29

Oh damn ... i got the times wrong. I thought GMT+3 to be 1800 hs EST. Sorry for my mistake

Up2H3he.png

#343 =LwS=Wize

=LwS=Wize
  • Founder

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:38

I dont speculate into the mindset of anyone, becourse that would be....speculation.

I judge by action/deeds, not words.

Like tracers directed at my parachute.

Like wasting ammo on an aircraft that was damaged, venting and in a flatspin with no altitude to recover  :rolleyes:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNtH1N3JTbs

#344 LLv32_Korppi

LLv32_Korppi

Posted 05 November 2017 - 13:52

LENTORYKMENTTI 3
INWAR COMBAT REPORT

8 Pilots
LLv34: Camo. Temuri
LLv32: Korppi, Waris, Pingviini, Modo
SFF: Esso, Vellu

Finns took off from Kyivskoe-1 with 7 bf109-2's.
Whole flight headed to intercept enemy supply planes. Korppi, Waris and pingviini at deck. Unfortunately pilots at deck got attacked by la-5 planes at 0825. Korppi, Waris and pingiivi started furious battle with enemy fighters in order to live.  Other Finns were quikly helping to solve situation and enemy got support as well. fierce fight at deck resulted 4kills (Korppi 1, Camo 2, Pingviini 1) and 5-losses. Korppi, Waris, Temuri & camo ditched. Pingviini KIA. Esso & Vellu landed after they fought themselves off from the fight. 

2nd sortie were not so good neither. Target was same as in first sortie. Korppi and waris got a bit lost at deck and found themselves at enemy airfield. They instantly tried to head away from it but they were intercepted by 2 enemy fighters. By covering each other they tried to head south. Waris took hits from enemy fighter and Korppi shot that enemy down in order to protect Waris. After that Korppi took hits from enemy fighter and had to ditch. Shortly after Waris had to ditch too.
Our other flight was in battle with enemy fighters between enemy airfields. Temuri damaged one YAK and got home safely. Camo shotdown 1 fighter and damaged other. Camo had to ditch. Modo damaged 2 enemy fighters and got back safely. Esso damaged 1 La-5 and had to bail afterwards. Vellu got back home airfield safe. Pingviini shot down one LA-5 and landed safely. 

Korppi and Waris Took off to 3rd sortie in order to protect target A. Alfa was swarming nest of enemy fighters and bombers. Korppi and Waris tried to intercept bombers by diving through enemy fighters at high speed and gain altitude again. After some dog-cat like playing at area against overpowering enemy, Camo ordered them to come back to home airfield to avoid losses in vain. 

Totals:

6 Kills
3 Camo (3x LA-5)
2 Korppi (2x LA-5)
1 Pingviini ( LA-5)

9 Losses (109 G2's)
Korppi 2x ditched 
Waris 2x ditched 
Camo 2x ditched
Temuri 1x ditched
Esso 1x bail 
Pingviini 1x KIA  

LLv32_Korppi_icon.jpg

AMD fx-8350 8-core 4.2Ghz - 16gb DDR3- STRIX R9 390 8gt - Windows 7 - 27"AOC (1920x1080) - TM Hotas Warthog throttle & Joystic - TM Rudder pedals - Kanttori's hotas throttle expansion - TrackIR5Pro

#345 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:23

03.11.2017 - Preparation - Luftwaffe

=J13=Shershen: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (12 performed flights), rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz II (3 destroyed target by horizontal bombing, 1 destroyed target by assault flight)

=KK=Ktif: rewarded with Eisernes Kreuz I (2х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft, 1х shot down two-engine enemy aircraft)

=LwS=Wize: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (12 performed flights)

=LwS=Zweit: rewarded with Deutschen Kreuz in Silber (for various successfull transport flights)

71st_AH_J13Serenity: rewaded with Eisernen Kreuz I (4 destroyed target by horizontal bombing)

LLv32_Korppi: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz I (5х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft)

LLv32_vvaris: rewarded with Eisernes Kreuz I (2х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft1х shot down two-engine enemy aircraft), rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (13 performed flights)

LLv34_Camouflagerewarded with Eisernes Kreuz I (7х shot down one-engine enemy aircraft), rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (12 performed flights)

LLv34_Temuri: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (15 performed flights)

* by rewarding, all achievements during the whole pilot's career are taken into account and not only from the last mission 

#346 =J13=Serenity

=J13=Serenity
  • Founder

Posted 10 November 2017 - 00:35

Hello

Just to make sure

IW starts at 14.00 eastern time

Briefing 13.30

#347 =J13=Serenity

=J13=Serenity
  • Founder

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:41

Hello

German Team for the first time in IW captured enemy strong point!

Spoiler

This and previous missions were like fourth and fifth "Star Wars" episodes

In previous mission Soviets were able to capture German strong point C with minimum resistance.

This time, German team, with strong soviet resistance, was able to not only returned captured territory in sector C, but repel enemy attack in sector A as well.

Bf110 did great job! In the first half of the mission they already destroyed more ground targets then any team before.

Ju 52 brought enough supply in order for advancing troops to execute their asssault.

Spoiler

Fighters provided sufficient cover for ground attack airplanes.

German team proved to be strong and that it can stand its own.

Spoiler

Finnish pilots earned this victory with many month of hard work.

Their fighter group played important role in all operations. 

Edited by =J13=Serenity, 18 November 2017 - 01:43.

#348 LeR3_Kanttori

LeR3_Kanttori

Posted 18 November 2017 - 17:39

Thank you for your nice message Serenity! Actually we Finns didn't flew as good as possibl. We had two new pilots in this mission and our LLv32_Korppi Squad leader didin't had time to fly with us on Friday. We broke too much aircrafts because of couple of silly mistakses (one mine), too... But we are learnig all the time and this is really our war, too, we like it very much!  :salute: 

We have noticed couple of times your server problems so I asked my computer business friend can he help us. He donated on last month a good and powerfull server computer to our Finnish Virtual Pilots Association and it works really good now. My friend can donate also to your "In War team" a server if you need it? The price is couple of Vodka bottles and we Finns can drink it together with your  Russian team some day when we meet each other in the real life! :D

But seriously: do you need a server computer, it is totally free to you? ;)

LeR3_Kanttori_icon.jpg

Kanttori - Lentorykmentti 3 - LeR3 - Finnish Virtual Pilots - www.ler3.fi

IntelCore i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz - 16Gb DDR 3 - GTX 970 SC - Windows 7 - 52" NEC P461 (1920x1080) - Baur's KG13 Grip/BRD-DS - MJoy16 Custom Throttle Console - Slaw Device Bf 109 Pedals - TrackIR v5

#349 LLv34_Camouflage

LLv34_Camouflage
  • Founder

Posted 18 November 2017 - 22:31

InWar After Action Report
Lentorykmentti 3

Pilots:

Flight #1:
LLv34: Camo, Kaitsu
SFF: Esso, Vellu
LLv24: Veccu

Flight #2:
LLv32: Kanttori, Raaka, Modo, Vvaris

Mission 1: Skirmish over the Southern Sector
The Finns took off with 9x109 in 2 flights. LLv32 headed to the southern sector © and Camo's flight continued towards the enemy base. Shortly after reaching the frontline, Flight #2 ran into a pair of Yaks and engaged. Flight #1 turned back to assist and dove in with good speed, blowing through the fight on the first pass. I saw a Yak throwing a burst into my direction from under my nose, but luckily I was not hit. We quickly got the upper hand in the fight. Raaka shot one Yak smoking, the enemy split-s'd and tried to disengage. Veccu was in close pursuit and shot the wing off the enemy plane. Meanwhile, I saw another Yak in a lazy turn, heading toward our group. I pushed my nose down a bit and shot a long burst as the Yak flew past me, slightly below. I saw some hits across the nose but didn't see any further results. Ground troops later reported that the Yak had crashed. Our top cover, SFF pilots, were engaged by another two yaks and unfortunately Vellu got hit and had to ditch.  Esso also headed home and they took off again immediately. The enemy disappeared and the situation calmed down on the south sector.  The Finns continued patrolling, some enemy planes were spotted deep in the enemy territory, but they avoided contact. We started running low on fuel and headed back home to refuel in pairs. Kanttori was the last one to turn home and stuck around to CAP alone for a minute too long and was bounced by enemy Yaks. Kanttori was forced to bail out.

Mission 1 results:
Camo: 1x Yak, RTB
Veccu: 1x Yak, RTB
Raaka: Yak assist, RTB
Vellu: Ditch
Kanttori: bailed out
Other pilots RTB
Total: 2 Yaks shot down, 2 109s lost

Mission 2: Southern Sector Defense
With the enemy forward sweep already spotted over the southern sector, we expected a heavy attack there. The Finns regrouped over the area. Soon enough, Yaks and La5's started pouring, in as IL2's started to work on our ground troops below. The enemy fighters maintained CAP at various altitudes over the target as we picked them from above. I got a bit careless and got hit in the radiator by a Yak. I disengaged and headed back home. After replaning, I made sure to stay above the fight. While looking to regroup with my flight, I spotted a pair of La5s south of the target and closed in to engage. Suddenly I saw two more La5s on my left side, broke off my attack and climbed back up. I called for reinforcements as I moved in to a better attack position, but the La5's didnt stick around and decided to disengage. Some skirmishes were still ongoing over the target, but it seemed like most of the Reds had started to return to base. I saw a Yak trailing fuel and trying to high-tail from the fight. With no other enemies visible, I dove after it and quickly caught up. The Yak saw me coming and tried to evade, but one long burst took the wing off. The pilot bailed out over red territory. With the fight over C seemingly over, I headed back at tree top height and ordered the Finns to regroup. Most of our pilots had just re-planed or were heading back to base at this point.

Mission 2 results: 
Camo: 1x Yak, RTB/replane during mission
Kaitsu: KIA
Raaka: Bailed out
Esso: Ditch
Vvaris: Ditch
Other pilots RTB
Total: 1 Yak shot down, 4 109s lost

Mission 3: Intercepting the Red Horde
The Finns regrouped in the southern sector and established CAP. Our flight #1 headed deep into enemy territory and found 2 Ju88's heading East. Just as we decided to give them cover, 2 Yaks dove in from above and engaged our bombers. We engaged the Yaks and got the upper hand, but only for a few moments, as more enemies dove in from above. I didn't have time to look after the bombers anymore. There were enemy fighters everywhere. I saw a 109 chased by 2 enemies, I sent a long burst after them, but was forced to disengage as two more enemies were diving in from my high-6, tracers flying from both sides of my canopy. I managed to evade the attack and take a few seconds to look around. I saw Yaks, La5s and IL2s heading west, towards outpost C. Flight #2 was still flying CAP a few sectors west of us, so I ordered them to start heading east. A huge fight ensued, with the Reds fighting their way west towards the target and the blue fighters diving in from above. I was engaged with a flight of La5s, but it clearly became evident it would not be a short fight, so I decided to disengage. I saw some Yaks below me to the west and I dove towards them. The Yaks seemed to be responsible for the close escort of the IL2s. The Yaks did not see me coming, so I continued my dive past them and quickly gained on the IL2s. I caught the last one and with two long bursts the IL2 nosed down and ended up in the forest in a fireball. The other IL2s apparently saw this, as their formation broke up. I continued ahead at tree top height and saw the other IL2s turning into all directions. Another IL2 was right in front of me and I managed to hit it with a nice burst all over the nose area. It was later reported to have crashed. With a few squadrons of Yaks and La5s behind me, I didnt push my luck any further, I kept my nose down and disengaged from the fight. Of course I ended up flying directly over the enemy outpost and the AAA hit my fuel tank. Leaving a white trail behind me I continued to home base and landed safely. The Finns suffered heavy losses in the final mission, but our sacrifice was justified. The blue team was able to complete the objectives in the southern sector and re-capture the terrain lost in previous missions.

Mission 3 results:
Camo: 2x IL2, RTB
Veccu: 1x Yak, ditched
Kaitsu: 1x IL2, ditched and bail/KIA (2 sorties)
Raaka: KIA
Esso: Bailed out
Vellu: KIA
Kanttori: Bailed out
Vvaris: KIA
Modo: RTB
Total: 1 Yak + 3 IL2s shot down, 8 109s lost

Grand total: 4 Yaks + 3 IL2s shot down = 7 victories, 14 109s lost. 

In addition to combat losses, it seems like there were some planes lost due to "landed not on airfield". These planes landed safely at the airfield. I would recommend to check the "landing perimeter" at the blue fighter field in the mission editor, as it looks like the landing perimeter is too small and does not cover the whole airfield. Would it be possible to review and fix this?

Serenity, thank you for the kind words. We have been banging our heads against the learning curve, but slowly we are making progress. I hope there is still enough aluminium left at the factory. :biggrin:   As I've said many times, we really appreciate that you guys are taking the time to organize such an excellent event and inviting us to participate. The pleasure is all ours. 

<S!>

Camo
LeR3 CO

#350 =J13=Serenity

=J13=Serenity
  • Founder

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:45

Well, even experienced fighter and bomber pilots sometimes do rookie mistakes due to lack of discipline at that particular moment.

7 to 14 is not that bad, many Soviet airplanes ended up crashing too without your help.

You guys were the first line of defense. Only disorganized groups of fighters and bombers made it to the C. Without you, Soviets could destroy a lot of ground units and ground attack airplanes.

The game only returns airplanes with engine working and flight controls operational which had landed on the airport of departure. That is why both sides always have such casualties. 

And that is why team performance is better assessed from overall results and front line movement.   

And this time German side won.

#351 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:43

17.11.2017 - Attack- Luftwaffe

В прошедшем вылете отдельного упоминания заслуживают два пилота: =J13=Shershen и LLv34_Camouflage

Эти пилоты Люфтваффе отлетали миссию максимально результативно без смерти пилота.

=J13=Shershen: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz I (7 destroyed targets by assault flight, 3 destroyed targets by horizontal bombing), rewarded with Deutschen Kreuz in Silber (for various exploits leading to get Eisernen Kreuz II), promoted to Oberleutnant 

[HTS]Tovarisch_Mauser: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Bronze (4 performed flights)

=KK=Ktif: rewarded with Deutschen Kreuz in Silber (effective flights with saving of German machines and life of a pilot), rewarded Frontflug-Spange Silber (12 performed flights)

LLv24_Veccu: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz II (2x shot down one-engine enemy aircraft), rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Bronze (4 performed flights) 

LLv34_Camouflage: rewarded with Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes (11x shot down one-engine enemy aircraft), promoted to Oberleutnant 

SFF_Esso: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (15 performed flights), promoted to Leutnant 

#352 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:50

My personal congratulations to LLv34_Camouflage!

You have got the first Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes award in InWar history. Very effective flights by few deaths - respect!  :salute: 

#353 LLv34_Camouflage

LLv34_Camouflage
  • Founder

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:42

Humble thanks, this was unexpected! As the saying goes: "Bombs and medals usually hit the innocent".

Camo
LeR3 CO

#354 LeR3_Kanttori

LeR3_Kanttori

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:48

Actually LLv32_Korppi was the first Finnish who got Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes on last spring (2017). He was the best blue fighter pilot and he really earned it! ;)

23795543_10212680078695475_4515289225803

Edited by LeR3_Kanttori, 24 November 2017 - 01:49.

LeR3_Kanttori_icon.jpg

Kanttori - Lentorykmentti 3 - LeR3 - Finnish Virtual Pilots - www.ler3.fi

IntelCore i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz - 16Gb DDR 3 - GTX 970 SC - Windows 7 - 52" NEC P461 (1920x1080) - Baur's KG13 Grip/BRD-DS - MJoy16 Custom Throttle Console - Slaw Device Bf 109 Pedals - TrackIR v5

#355 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 24 November 2017 - 15:23

Actually LLv32_Korppi was the first Finnish who got Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes on last spring (2017). He was the best blue fighter pilot and he really earned it! ;)

Oh sorry! I missed it somehow  :rolleyes:

Nevertheless congratulations to both of them!

#356 LLv32_Korppi

LLv32_Korppi

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:29

I think that I was not the best but I lasted alive with few plane losses and managed to down some enemies. There was more skilled pilots at spring but with great skill comes great responsibility ;)

LLv32_Korppi_icon.jpg

#357 Baron_von_Myakin

Baron_von_Myakin
  • Founder

Posted 04 December 2017 - 14:27

01.12.2017 - Preparation - Luftwaffe

[HTS]Tovarisch_Mauser: promoted to Stabsfeldwebel

=J13=Shershen: rewarded with Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes (8 destroyed targets by assault flight, 3 destroyed targets by horizontal bombing

=J13=xarann: rewarded with Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes (6 destroyed targets by assault flight, 4 destroyed targets by horizontal bombing), rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Gold (24 performed flights)

=LwS=Wize: rewarded with Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes (6 shot down one-engine enemy aircraft, 6 destroyed targets by assault flight), promoted to Oberleutnant

=LwS=Zweit: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Gold (22 performed flights), promoted to Oberleutnant

II./JG77_Vanags: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Bronze (5 performed flights), promoted to Stabsfeldwebel

LLv32_Kanttori: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (12 performed flights)

LLv34_Aati: promoted to Leutnant

LLv34_Temuri: promoted to Leutnant

SFF_Vellu: rewarded with Frontflug-Spange Silber (12 performed), promoted to Leutnant

Lofte: rewarded with Eisernen Kreuz I (for the effective performing of the given important task), promoted to Oberleutnant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users