selling Thrustmaster Warthog extensions

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk
  • Founder

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:46

Hi All,

Ok, here we go. If you want to squeeze the maximum out of your Warthog consider an extension. From time to time I have some on stock. BoS is just about to launch thats why I thought maybe someone will be interested, if yes then drop me a PM :

Usually four standard sizes are available :

7,5 cm

10 cm

15 cm

20 cm NEW (limited)

- extenison cable is included

- generally, if you are VERY interested we can speak about non-standard sizes aswell.

- payment via PayPal is possible to answer an important question in advance.

- shipping is from inside the European Union.

- the 20 cm piece is quite the maximum with which one can go it that constellation.

After a period of adoption an extension will greatly improve precision on your Warthog. The original Warthog-throw is too short to fully exploit Warthog's unique high resolution. Furthermore the high resistance force of the main spring is also automatically reduced by the extension and you will get a better overall feeling (micro corrections) of handling the plane. Finally your Warthog becomes a whole new better stick.

P.S. You can also follow up on RoF forum : http://riseofflight....=35432&start=10

PS. II My recently created Facebook fanpage if you care to drop a like.

S!

Attached Thumbnails

• 01022013699.jpg
  • 3x extensions.jpg
  • DSC_1238.jpg

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk, 12 October 2014 - 15:54.

por. pil. / Lt. Sahaj / Oficer Operacyjny
1. Eskadra Myśliwska / 1. Pułk Lotniczy /
http://www.1pl.boo.pl

nm85.png

#2 III/JG11_Tiger

III/JG11_Tiger
  • Founder

Posted 18 November 2013 - 13:36

I've sent you a message, re the cost.

Looks nice, are you also metal and wood?

These look similar and I was dissapointed to have missed out on one of those.

#3 tintifaxl

tintifaxl
  • Founder

Posted 18 November 2013 - 14:46

Could you quote a price in EUR for the 10cm extension?

Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5-2500k@4Ghz, 8 Gig RAM, Radeon HD 7970 3GB, 120 Gig SSD, TrackIR3 with 6DOF, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TM MFD.

#4 Rama

Rama

Posted 18 November 2013 - 17:01

I have the 15cm one. It works very well with the Warthog.

"When you didn't get the chance to have alcoholic parents, you must intoxicate yourself all your life in order to cope with the heavy inheritance of their virtues." E. Cioran

#5 LLv34_Flanker

LLv34_Flanker
  • Founder

Posted 18 November 2013 - 17:09

S!

Looks like a great addition. Which one would you recommend for the Warthog?

Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit, Intel i7 4790K 4.00GHz, AMD Radeon 290X 4Gb, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard, Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz 16Gb DDR3, ASUS Xonar sound, ViewSonic 24" 120Hz 3D display, Intel X-25M 80Gb SSD, ADATA P900 128Gb SSD, Logitech G500 mouse, Logitech G105 keyboard, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, CH ProPedals.  

#6 ST_Pirato

ST_Pirato
  • Founder

Posted 18 November 2013 - 19:55

Flanker I use a 10cm extension. Imo it's long enough without making the throw too wide.

#7 Matt

Matt
  • Founder

Posted 18 November 2013 - 23:05

I'm using 7,5 cm myself and wouldn't recommend anything longer than that. Atleast not for prop sims (maybe for heli sims).

But that seems to be subjective.

i5-4670k - GTX 660 Ti - 8GB DDR3-1600 - TM Warthog - MFG Crosswind - PC360 - TrackIR5

#8 LLv34_Flanker

LLv34_Flanker
  • Founder

Posted 19 November 2013 - 14:52

S!

Thanks guys for the input, very much appreciated!

Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit, Intel i7 4790K 4.00GHz, AMD Radeon 290X 4Gb, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard, Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz 16Gb DDR3, ASUS Xonar sound, ViewSonic 24" 120Hz 3D display, Intel X-25M 80Gb SSD, ADATA P900 128Gb SSD, Logitech G500 mouse, Logitech G105 keyboard, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, CH ProPedals.  

#9 III/JG11_Tiger

III/JG11_Tiger
  • Founder

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:17

Glad to say my order is in for a 10cm stick extension, looking forward to trying it out, maybe then I'll be able to land the Lagg with the wings still attached to the fuselage :unsure:

#10 Aracno

Aracno
  • Founder

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:21

Got it, and love it.
It really improves the simulation and control is made easier.
I can also fix the stick rotated some degrees on the left, making the use in center position more natural.
I'm really pleased.
Thank you Sahaj!!

#11 III/JG11_Tiger

III/JG11_Tiger
  • Founder

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:33

This is the problem living at the other end of the World takes for ever to get anything, I hope my extension arrives soon, looking forward to giving it a try especially now that we are getting guns this week :biggrin:

#12 SYN_Vorlander

SYN_Vorlander
  • Founder

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:05

Salute Tiger,

I'm with you. Living in SA makes some deliveries very slow. I also order the extension. Lets hope for this week. 

i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GH, ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE, 32GB DIMM DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN, DELL U3014

2x  OCZ-VECTOR (RAID), Seagate 3TB & 2TB

#13 III/JG11_Tiger

III/JG11_Tiger
  • Founder

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:05

Salute Tiger,

I'm with you. Living in SA makes some deliveries very slow. I also order the extension. Lets hope for this week. 

Western Australia here so I can add another day or two unfortunately, as most things go to the Eastern states first then get shipped on, I recall my Simpeds took months from Germany, but they were sent by boat I think, still Im sure the wait will be worth it.

Edited by III/JG11_Tiger, 06 December 2013 - 10:07.

#14 tintifaxl

tintifaxl
  • Founder

Posted 06 December 2013 - 13:02

Glad to say my order is in for a 10cm stick extension, looking forward to trying it out, maybe then I'll be able to land the Lagg with the wings still attached to the fuselage :unsure:

This is funny. A guy on the dcs forums sells warthog extensions from New Zealand to Germany and Britain and here it gets sent from Poland to Australia. World wide market at it's best. :)

Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5-2500k@4Ghz, 8 Gig RAM, Radeon HD 7970 3GB, 120 Gig SSD, TrackIR3 with 6DOF, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TM MFD.

#15 BigC208

BigC208
  • Founder

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:50

This is funny. A guy on the dcs forums sells warthog extensions from New Zealand to Germany and Britain and here it gets sent from Poland to Australia. World wide market at it's best. :)

I noticed that also. Was wondering why the Aussie did not get it from the Kiwi. It's all good though, I work in transportation and the more people send packages around the world the more job security I have.

Waiting in the USA for an 7.5cm extention myself.

#16 III/JG11_Tiger

III/JG11_Tiger
  • Founder

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:47

I noticed that also. Was wondering why the Aussie did not get it from the Kiwi. It's all good though, I work in transportation and the more people send packages around the world the more job security I have.

Waiting in the USA for an 7.5cm extention myself.

Pretty much the same price after delivery, I just think Sahaj's looks nicer although the other one is okay as well.

Anyway my wife is Polish so she thinks this purchase is helping the Polish economy so it was easier to get approval ;)

#17 SYN_Vorlander

SYN_Vorlander
  • Founder

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:30

mine arrived today. Going to test it in ROF today.

:biggrin:

i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GH, ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE, 32GB DIMM DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN, DELL U3014

2x  OCZ-VECTOR (RAID), Seagate 3TB & 2TB

#18 jjohnson241

jjohnson241
  • Founder

Posted 11 December 2013 - 00:14

Got the 10cm version and the affect on the Warthog is dramatic. Control is smooth and the previous arm-wrestling with the spring is now non-existent. Tested so far with CloD and DCS P-51D. Over the next few days I'll try it out with DCS-UH1H and ROF and I expect dramatic improvement in controlling both the Huey and the various kites in RoF.
Construction of the extension appears to be machined from billet aluminum. The extension cable provided is of solid construction and is of ample length for installation. Installation straight forward but take care not to let stick twist as you attach it to the extension. Any such twisting will cause the extension cable to pull out of the stick connector (as I found out).

Anyhow, I'm a happy camper. However, it took 18 days to get from Poland to Virginia in the U.S. after it was posted as "priority" mail in Poland. If a purchase is in your future, you may want to check with Sahaj and see if he would ship UPS or FedEx at possibly an increase in cost (unless you don't mind the "transit time").

Hope this helps those who may be "considering".

#19 III/JG11_Tiger

III/JG11_Tiger
  • Founder

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:44

I picked up my 100mm extension today, I was doing the gardening and there in the garden was the Australia Post ticket which had been out in the weather for nearly a week :huh:

Love the design, simplicity itself and very happy with the quality of the cable and extension, the other thing I like is you can offset the stick for centre stick use to pretty much any degree you want.

The only issue I can see and this would be the same with any stick extension is the possibilty of breaking the neck of the stick by slamming it to one side too forcefully, there is no way Sahaj's extension will break so with the extra leverage the neck will be the weak point.

I may see if I can get a rubber ring of some sort to put under the extension that stops me over doing it, as I bought the Warthog after snapping the shaft on my CH Fighterstick :angry:

Overall very impressed with the workmanship and the delivery was approximately three weeks which is about normal for Perth, thanks Sahaj, I cant wait to give it a go.

Edited by III/JG11_Tiger, 11 December 2013 - 04:48.

#20 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk
  • Founder

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:23

thx for your reviews guys very appriciated, I am glad you like it !

As for the unusual long delivery to U.S./ Australia and South Africa sorry for that again. Now I have a clue what could have caused such delays, an overzealous lady in the post office advised me to fill in a green form (customs duty form) which apparently was and is absolutely not needed for such items like a joystick extension. Never filled that in as I previously sent extensions to US and the items were at its destinations in 8-10 days. I suppose those 10 additional days can be counted as days on which the extension lay around in those custom duty institutions, unnecessarily. I will have a word with that lady that apparently wrongly advised me next time when I visit the office.

The simple solutions are always the best ones, aren't they ?

enjoy !

S!

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk, 11 December 2013 - 09:28.

nm85.png

#21 dburnette

dburnette
  • Founder

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:42

These extensions, are they primarily for guys that have the joysticks down lower, like a pit builder - or can they be used comfortably with a desktop Warthog setup?

My desk has the two leafs that slide out, one on each side, that I have my stick and throttle on. The leafs probably sit about 2" down lower than the desktop itself.

I would be interested in one of these, if they are good for that type of setup as well.

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.60 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz ram | EVGA GTX 770 FTW 4gb | Corsair H100i cooling system | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's | 1-tb and 1-500 GB WD 7200 RPM HD | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Sound Blaster Z | Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 | Windows 8.1 64 Bit |

#22 Matt

Matt
  • Founder

Posted 11 December 2013 - 14:25

With my 7,5 cm extension, the base of the Warthog is at about the same height as my chair. So i would definately not recommend it for a desktop setup.

i5-4670k - GTX 660 Ti - 8GB DDR3-1600 - TM Warthog - MFG Crosswind - PC360 - TrackIR5

#23 dburnette

dburnette
  • Founder

Posted 11 December 2013 - 15:35

With my 7,5 cm extension, the base of the Warthog is at about the same height as my chair. So i would definately not recommend it for a desktop setup.

Ah ok, thanks for the info!

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.60 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz ram | EVGA GTX 770 FTW 4gb | Corsair H100i cooling system | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's | 1-tb and 1-500 GB WD 7200 RPM HD | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Sound Blaster Z | Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 | Windows 8.1 64 Bit |

#24 III/JG11_Tiger

III/JG11_Tiger
  • Founder

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:05

I'll probably centre mount mine eventually but definately to high for my desktop, the main reason for the extensions are for the smoother control it gives, really love it in DCS Huey and ROF, looking forward to trying it with BOS this weekend.

#25 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk
  • Founder

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:24

Hi dburnette,

for the standard desk, if you sit in front of the monitor even the standard Warthog is to high IMO, it is very uncomfortable for the arm and your movements are not optimal in that position. The best position for a Joystick is on the left (for left-handers) or right side when your arm is in a ca. 90° angle, similar to the position when you change gears in a car, that is a natural position for a hand IMO.

Since I assume I will change my place of living and work in the near future a custom cockpit would be a waste of place and money ATM my interim solution is : I went to IKEA and bought two small stools, one for the throttle and one for the joystick and now I fly comfortably with my extension on. The only difference is that the space to monitor extended slightely but since I have a 27" monitor the new position is even better as I get used to it.

S!

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk, 12 December 2013 - 11:32.

nm85.png

#26 Matt

Matt
  • Founder

Posted 12 December 2013 - 14:58

I agree, putting the normal Warthog on a desk would also be too high for me.

Previously, i was using a stool for the throttle and a keyboard pull out board (whatever that's called, it's a bit lower than the desk and you can pull it out and you should put on keyboard on it) for the stick, but now with the extension, i'm using a simple center stick mount using some sturdy pipes. I should probably make a photo of that.

#27 dburnette

dburnette
  • Founder

Posted 12 December 2013 - 17:22

Hi dburnette,

for the standard desk, if you sit in front of the monitor even the standard Warthog is to high IMO, it is very uncomfortable for the arm and your movements are not optimal in that position.

Yes I am sure mine is not optimal position, but really not bad for me. Again, I have both the throttle and the stick on leafs that slide out on each side of my desk, and they are 2-3" below the desktop. Plus I am fairly tall, so I am really not reaching forward and up all that much.

I am sure could mod something better, but my wife is particular about this room and how it looks :)

Thanks,

Don

#28 I./JG68_Sperber

I./JG68_Sperber
  • Founder

Posted 15 December 2013 - 18:37

Thx for the nice and fast service 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk ! :good:

Its a nice feeling now and everything fits perfectly !

See Picture...

Attached Thumbnails

• 20131212_1635071.jpg

jg68_logo_web_300_weiss.jpgI7-3820CPU@3,6GHz, Win8.1pro 64bit, Asus P9X79/ 2011Socket/x79 Chipset, 16GB Ram, Samsung 250 GB SSD, AMD HD 7900serie 3GB Ram, 3 x 24" Samsung 5760x1080px, Saitek Trim Wheel, Flight Quadrant, Rudder Pedals, TPM System, x65F Throttle, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick

#29 Stupsi

Stupsi
  • Founder

Posted 16 December 2013 - 17:34

Can I change the offset of the stick with these Extension?

#30 DD_Eshark

DD_Eshark
  • Founder

Posted 17 December 2013 - 19:16

Iam glad to read all the positive comments made about these extensions I've ordered the 10cm version can't wait to try it out

Intel® Core™i5 CPU 650@ 3.20GHz 3.84 GHz

RAM 8.00 GB DDR3

OS Win 7

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 560Ti

Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG

Saitek Combat rudder peddles

Sitek Quadrant

#31 BigC208

BigC208
  • Founder

Posted 17 December 2013 - 22:14

My extension arrived from Poland today. Makes it feel like a new joystick. Good job Sahaj.

#32 III/JG11_Tiger

III/JG11_Tiger
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:41

One thing I did find was that occassionally when I was being a bit rough the stick would loosen a bit at the Hogs locking nut, but I found a quick fix, I tightened the extension to the bottom as tight as possible (it doesnt slip at the bottom for me) then I marked the stick at it's straight angle and with a small file I made two very small grooves on either side of the inside of the pipe, I then did the same with a 15 degree offset, I can now tighten the hog locking nut down with the stick at either angle and it will not slip no matter how much I wrestle with it as the Hogs in built locking device now sits in the small grooves I made, all up it took me about 20 minutes for this adjustment.

One thing, this would not be needed if you are not a bit heavy handed as it only slipped for me in intense turning fights, also no one else has mentioned the issue so it may just be me.

I am also not criticising the quality of this extension which I am more than happy with, even the wife thought it looked nice, it's just for me this worked well and took no time or money to do.

The more I use this extension the more I love it, it is a must have for Hog owners in all the flight sims and for DCS Huey it just made all the difference in how well I can hover etc.

Edited by III/JG11_Tiger, 20 December 2013 - 09:43.

#33 9./JG52Ziegler

9./JG52Ziegler
  • Founder

Posted 10 January 2014 - 13:41

I'm sold and am about to order an extension.  I'm just not sure what size gives the best feel with stock springing.  Mine will be center mounted in an obutto rev3 cockpit like this.

http://www.mainperfo...ount-accessory/

Edited by 9./JG52Ziegler, 10 January 2014 - 13:42.

Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k /4.5ghz- Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3 cockpit.     http://www.9jg52.com/index.php

#34 EAF602_Puff

EAF602_Puff

Posted 10 January 2014 - 15:19

Mine arrived this week and after a little mucking aropund with my setup...its up and running, and what a difference its makes..amazing :)

#35 LLv34_Flanker

LLv34_Flanker
  • Founder

Posted 11 January 2014 - 15:14

S!

Ziegler, propably 7,5cm would fit best.

#36 II/JG3Siggi

II/JG3Siggi
  • Founder

Posted 12 January 2014 - 13:28

I have the 10cm extension and feel the stick's force is now too weak. I'm going to the scrap-yard tomorrow to see if I can find an old gear-stick rubber gaitor.

bos_sigtag_zps989cfc1e.png

Creator of DiD

#37 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk
  • Founder

Posted 12 January 2014 - 15:06

It depends on what you are used to Siggi. The stick force in the stock Warthog was always too strong e.g. for me personally (also for my friends which have Warthogs). If you are used to stock Warthog and you used it for some time it may seem to you as if now it is too weak but I see the reduced spring force actually as an advantage or improvement like I wrote in the description.

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk, 12 January 2014 - 15:07.

nm85.png

#38 II/JG3Siggi

II/JG3Siggi
  • Founder

Posted 12 January 2014 - 17:45

I found it a little weak without the extension but I've flown with it only with the extension fitted. It's not a problem, it flies fine, I just prefer more firmness. A rubber gaitor should do the trick I reckon.

Creator of DiD

#39 PA-Sniv

PA-Sniv
  • Founder

Posted 21 January 2014 - 15:51

I received Sahaj extension last WE.

I choosed the 7,5cm extension, based on Matt report. My stick became so soft and smooth, I would't go softer (spring tension and neutral is barely noticable). Great feeling, so precise and smooth! :cool:

Curently, I use it on a desktop setup. It's not too unconfortable, but I don't fly much.

I had to file the extension pipe a bit, so the connector base could come inside the pipe. I took some pictures, I'll post them later.

Cheers,

"We believe in nothing, Lebowski..."

#40 II/JG3Siggi

II/JG3Siggi
  • Founder

Posted 21 January 2014 - 17:08

The finishing touch has finally been applied to my stick after I scored two rubber gear-stick gaiters from a breakers yard. With one it was still too sloppy but with the second over the top of the first it's perfect. Even better is the tightness of the fit, it's like they were made for a Warthog. Plus the fact that the first fits inside the second like a glove (identical items, both from a Ford). It ain't FFB but it feels pretty damn good. :)

Creator of DiD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users