jaydee

The way BOS has been Managed !

The way BOS has been managed has been the "best handled" release of any Sim  to be released recently, in my opinion.

Some of the most successful Sims we fly today were pretty much "Finished" when we bought/downloaded them...We bought a 90% finished game as Beta Testers and the other 10% could be finalized in the Forums. :) .

That's fine and dandy for a "Nearly" Finished Sim.....But what about a Sim that was started with nothing and had to "Promise" what they can "Deliver"?...

Some of you that are reading this know what I mean next...Releasing a Sim in Stages before its even Half finished can be a disaster for that Sim...Forums can go Wild and Negative, ending up being destructive....

With BOS we have had weekly updates...We have been told what was coming next and most times,we got it....There have been some "Heated" discussions that have been allowed to progress.....The Devs have been Honest about "Which Category" of Sim BOS fits into....IF there has been some "Confusion" in Forum Topics, they have come out and posted there position(some of us may not like it).

I have read on other Forums about "Censorship" on BOS Forums....I myself was out of line once(Here) and was Dealt with....I would much rather the BOS Forum be "Supervised" like it is now...Otherwise we end up with a "Yellow Mess".

Overall,I think BOS is exciting and Im Glad I got in early. Its nice to sit back and checkout whats new every Saturday morn !

Thanks BOS Team...Looking Forward to Future !

~S~

• Upvote 23

This is the first time I've bought early access to any game, and it's been a great experience with lots of fun moments, twists and turns and of course the weekly excitement of what comes next.

Thanks to the devs for making this posible. I agree that it's been very well handled with lots of direct and honest communication with the community and a steady stream of new content and improvements.

• Upvote 1

Probably the best sim experience I have ever had. My favorite developers and one of the best sim communities to date. To be a part of the whole experience and to see hard work shown by the developer week in and week out. especially with how hard the devs worked and the laughs the ice bucket video brought me, it was another realization point for me in this journey. Thank you everyone who is apart of Bos

Gotta say I agree with the OP. I can't think of a single time I've regretted buying into this early access.

What he said :salute:

Just about every Friday has been like Christmas since BOS was announced.  Friday's are great in general but team 777/1C have made them even better.  I can't image a more professional, communicative or thick skinned group of developers.  I'm proud of their effort and that I jumped in from the very beginning as a founder.

This is the first time I've bought early access to any game, and it's been a great experience with lots of fun moments, twists and turns and of course the weekly excitement of what comes next.

Thanks to the devs for making this posible. I agree that it's been very well handled with lots of direct and honest communication with the community and a steady stream of new content and improvements.

Agree 100%

Agree with all of the above :) except for the occasional "translation" gaffes/jokes which have led to confusion and mockery :(

Looking forward to the further development that this will bring to this genre, have to say this experience has been heads above any other flight sim release/developement

Cheers Dakpilot   

This update is sounding very nice and will be worth the wait.

I am really looking forward to some more SP content.

Well said, S!

Thor

Well said but..i do miss

Two weeks...be sure.

I am pretty sure that phrase should be banned on this forum lol.

I've worked in iterative game development and it is very hard to say "when it is ready it is ready" but the BoS team has done an admirable job. Each release has been very well compartmentalised to ensure that only the best quality has been integrated. It is a testament to the developers and management that they have kept the beast under control throughout this public progress. Very impressed. :)

• Upvote 3

Have to agree with the sentiments expressed in all the posts above. This dev team would take some beating.

I have to agree that the presentation of the game and the following updates where as promised, great.

Still the moderation in this forum clearly favors the positive enthusiasts and doesn't allow enough constructive critical posts.

Imo.

Also the flight models, if they are really final, as i've read, are balancing the game, thats a :three strikes and you are out! for me.

I'm still going to try the 111, but i'm afraid this game is not what i've been hoping for: more Sim than 1946 and at least level with the last project from Oleg Maddox.

Also the flight models, if they are really final, as i've read, are balancing the game, thats a :three strikes and you are out! for me.

In that case, farewell Robtek :salute:

• Upvote 1

Yes this project is managed properly, and the devs listen to the community. I like the balance approach and also the devs seeking realistic FM and DM, within a reasonable frame in regards to development, information available about the planes, pilot input (both restored and historical). Heck, the DM is compared to another uber sim that focuses on ultra realism centered around a plane that was influenced by the sturmovik and stuka (both found here in BOS). 

There is lots of communication as well. 

Some people may not like this but I found the devs allow constructive criticism, provided its based on facts and well presented arguments as opposed to the emotional rants / not believing in certain physics laws scientifically proven and accepted in academics and as well as in various industries / picking fights with opposing forces / members / or arguments based on symptomatic issues and not directed at the root cause that encompass many of the "criticism" posts . . .  

Also the devs don't like the ultimatum tactics, favored by terrorists, brats, evil Bond bosses, and manipulative / evil ex or soon to be ex girlfriends :D  and tend to shut those people down, just because they didn't get their way. If there is fact behind it, and its a reasonable implementation, given the dedication to realism within reason, it will be put in. 

But watching this game go, its well planned out and well executed and its work is still being improved. It is a good start to the successor to the IL-2 series

Well said jaydee, well said. 

Boy ... who would have thought this possible 4 years ago ... yet it's what we all had hoped for 13 years ago!   :salute: 

Yes, very enjoyable experience.  Very hard to think of anything else you could buy for $100 that would have been so thoroughly engaging for such a long period of time.  I got my $100 worth months ago and the game hasn't even been released yet!  

I'd always imagined that I'd be among the first to ditch my gold founder badge but the truth is, I feel a real sense of pride that I get to have one.

The Team have done a great job.     

I'll take the management style of this forum over the last two associated with the IL-2 franchise. At least this one is civil the vast majority of the time. The mod team deserve kudos too along with the developers. IMO

• Upvote 1

Huh? Don't drink the Siggi-Aid bro.

It's perfectly fine to have criticisms of the FM still (I know I do)

But to claim, that it's all done to "balance" the sim as part of some nefarious plot to screw over LW pilots is just ridiculous.

Edited by Finkeren

I have to agree that the presentation of the game and the following updates where as promised, great.

Still the moderation in this forum clearly favors the positive enthusiasts and doesn't allow enough constructive critical posts.

Imo.

I'm still going to try the 111, but i'm afraid this game is not what i've been hoping for: more Sim than 1946 and at least level with the last project from Oleg Maddox.

Sounds like there is really nothing to keep you here then.

I have come over from Gaijin. Now this hhere is what heaven must feel llike in comparison.(I ve been doing some RoF for about 2 years tho', but not extensively)

• Upvote 2

Nicely put, Jaydee.

Many software development firms can take a lesson from the way this project was managed and implemented.  Combining realistic goals and expectations with highly talented developers cannot be underestimated!

Hear hear, haven't looked forward to fridays so much since the original il2