Developer Diary, Part 76

Did anybody notice the complete ramp start animations? I just checked the FW-190 yet, but every switch is being pressed just like you have to do it yourself in DCS: Dora.

Pretty amazing! :yahoo:

It's just my impression that while doing an air start all things stay off and you won't notice it until after restarting the engine on ground. That also makes for that fuel cut off thing I mentioned earlier.

post-12047-0-57297200-1408841401.jpg

post-12047-0-33472500-1408841406.jpg

post-12047-0-87144200-1408841411.jpg

post-12047-0-32133600-1408841417.jpg

You devs did such an amazing job, you don't just deserve a beer, but even some vacation! :salute:

Also, if I've noticed it right, the sim's overall performance got better again. Still have to test more though, be it doesn't feel as rough anymore as it was all the last weeks :)

• Upvote 4

Did anybody notice the complete ramp start animations? I just checked the FW-190 yet, but every switch is being pressed just like you have to do it yourself in DCS: Dora.

It's just my impression that while doing an air start all things stay off and you won't notice it until after restarting the engine on ground. That also makes for that fuel cut off thing I mentioned earlier.

It's amazing!!

I also noticed that Lagg-3 has button and switch sound is playing when start up the plane. Hope they add it for other planes too ^^

(my emphasis) Oh, so very nice! I wish we did have a full manual start sequence like in DCS but this would be the next best thing. Good job crew. This update is indeed epic.

This new update is just great. I just think that we need a better map for checkpoint and references for Novosokolniki.

The FW 190 is just amazing to fly, the startup animations are fantastic, as someone said, it's just like DCS now. The immersion in this simulator is unique.

Can't wait for the campaign mode and bombing co-op missions with the He-111 :)

Thanks again dev! Keep up the good work! (now you all well deserve to rest for a bit)

I have one Huge problem with this update. I'm out of town and away from my computer!

I can see from all the comments and pics that i'm missing out on something really special. Thank you developers for your Huge effort!!!

Does anyone know how to take off in the Heinkel? I keep going in circles even with full rudder.

Kong, try keeping the yoke full back for the first part of the roll. Then push forward to bring the nose level and the rudder should have enough bite to keep it straight.

Big thanks to the devs for working flat out to get this update out. The He 111 is gorgeous and the new map is very nice indeed!

Salut!

• Upvote 1

MY god that HE-111 is awesome.  Not only is it fun to fly in, its amazing to go up against.  It took me out several times while swooping in to take a whack.  I began to make EXTRA care that I only took swiping attacks at it.  Lining up behind is suicide.

This Sim was already my fav, but it just jumped 10 notches up!

I have one Huge problem with this update. I'm out of town and away from my computer!I can see from all the comments and pics that i'm missing out on something really special. Thank you developers for your Huge effort!!!

Me too, on a flying trip. Sounds like a lot of little things were changed that enhance the user experience. Looking forward to trying it next week.

Anything else to report from you sharp-eyed pilots who are lucky enough to be home on leave from the front?

Does anyone know how to take off in the Heinkel? I keep going in circles even with full rudder.

Won't be flying the Heinkel till monday, but I think I might have a bit of advice for you:

The He 111 has two engines but unlike the Pe-2 it has a conventional tail unit, meaning that it has close to no airflow over the rudder when sitting on the runway = absolutly no rudder authority.

You propably need to lock the tailwheel in the straight position before even starting the engines to have the Heinkel run straight until it picks up speed and the rudder gains authority. Luckily the counter rotating props should make sure, that the amount of rudder needed should be minimal, as long as you make sure, that both engines run at the same rating.

• Upvote 1

Luckily the counter rotating props should make sure, that the amount of rudder needed should be minimal, as long as you make sure, that both engines run at the same rating.

The He 111 doesn't have counter-rotating props...

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-774-0011-34%2C_Pr

Edited by AndyJWest

The He 111 doesn't have counter-rotating props...

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-774-0011-34%2C_Pr

Damn. I didn't know that. I just assumed that practically all twin engined prop aircraft had it.

What a beast! No twin tail and no counterrotating props. Yeah that wheel lock's gonna come in handy.

Damn. I didn't know that. I just assumed that practically all twin engined prop aircraft had it.

What a beast! No twin tail and no counterrotating props. Yeah that wheel lock's gonna come in handy.

Very few, I think. The P-38 springs to mind as an obvious example, but otherwise I can't think offhand of a WW2 twin with counter-rotating props. As for the BoS He 111, it does tend to swing a bit as it starts the takeoff run, and the rudder isn't very effective - but a gentle dab on the right brake is enough to straighten it out. Alternately, with twin throttles, differential power should do the trick.

Edited by AndyJWest

Awesome update, well worth the wait.

Hats of the the Devs for burning the midnight oil for us.

S!

Thor

Edited by Thor

Game is broken.

When trying to start the one and only mission a get

10020: This mission is unavailable for your account

Trying to start a mission in quick start mission a get the revolving camera around the airplane and the game locks.

Multiple player seems to work OK and when I try a quick mission after MP it works, but only once.

I have deleted game and made complete new installation to no avail.

Master

Dear devs,

As I see there was full start up sequence introduced for all planes.Now it is done in automatic mode.Can we count with future "manualisation''? So far tried just LaGG3 and La5 and it looks very good and I like it a lot.

Great update, I'm rly enjoying the 190 cockpit changes and the he 111 :)

You guys have accomblished increadible work, thx for you great efforts this weekend :good:

OT: @Pickle, He 177 used coupeled engines (2 per each prop) which caused lot's of technical issues and gave it the nickname "Reichsfeuerzeug" (Reichslighter) due to it's extraordinary tendency to catch fire when airborne.

The He 177 had two engines in one housing which caused all kinds of troubles, especially with overheating and the dangers of engine fire. It was quickly derided as "Reichsfeuerzeug" (Reich's Lighter) because the early versions were so devastatingly prone to catch fire. Even the latter versions (A-3 and A-5) never cured that issue satisfactorily even though they were much better than the A-0 and A-1.

Edit: 5tuka wa faster. :P

Edited by csThor

Dear devs,

As I see there was full start up sequence introduced for all planes.Now it is done in automatic mode.Can we count with future "manualisation''? 

[my emphasis] I wouldn't count on it but damn it would be a nice and would make this a true, undisputable simulator. The reality is though that there's probably more value all round spending that time on expanding the series. Now if only they were to make enough money from this to do both... :-)

Edited by FlyingNutcase

Re the HE-177 & the Arrow......can we have both please???? :)

Download came in at 6am UK time, no idea why we had to wait, its not a complaint, ....is it done in order of bank balance?  :biggrin:

I downloaded it as soon as it was available and I live further north even than your little-ish statue.