BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 76

Hi Everybody!

Today we give you He 111 H-6 for the early access. This magnificent aircraft completes the IL2BOS hangar making it all 10 planes that we planned to create - and we did it. Still there is one BUT - we release it without bomb load this week. Next Friday update will contain necessary corrections

Also today we update the game version implementing massive changes in the multiplayer, improving its technical features. We count on performance improvement however we don't know yet how big this improvement will be. Also some technical issues are expected so don't be surprised if multiplayer mode crashes - we're testing the new system, it's still WIP.

The team is working hard and there’s still a lot to do. But the work is not just for the in-studio employees.

Some of you already know that a small group of enthusiasts is engaged in a voluntary project - creating an additional content for BOS. For instance, Tatarenko has presented us his first singleplayer missions and we’re considering an opportunity to add them to the game. Also earlier this week I’ve asked the lead designer of another small team, Zeus to tell more about their remarkable project which is highly awaited even by us.

Zeus:

We’re in love with the sky with our whole hearts. Most of us have been flight enthusiasts since childhood, attending modeling clubs (I personally have a grade in RC modeling) and reading tons of aviation related material. But circumstances weren’t always smooth for each of us and only a few actually work with planes.

For people like us flight-sims are the only chance to virtually touch the sky. That’s our sort of escapism: get back home from work, let the family sleep, get to the room and “fly” for an hour or so.

And we started building our own map - Novosokolniki. We approached the dev’s with our idea and discussed it with them. They said that they know about this piece of history, but they’re simply short of resources and time to make such a campaign. But players may try this challenge and make a small map for the two planes by themselves.

So, we decided to create a “semi-historical” map. I call it semi-historical because the game industry is not yet capable of recreating realistically sized territories exactly the way they looked back then in 1942. The work started in August 2013. We spent a few months learning the technologies, researching and categorizing all the info including wartime maps of the Red Army and Wehrmacht including aerial footage and photos. After several months of development a base for the map was finished: landscape, rivers, forests, roads, rail tracks and villages. We modeled several types of buildings that are not available in the original game, such as churches and rail stations. We've also learned how to enriche the vegetation with spruces which are naturally not presented in the Stalingrad region. I’m glad to admit that we learned to use the editor within a relatively short period.

In addition to the changes that have been mentioned above we plan to add the Novosokolniki map to the game today. It should be available in multiplayer to all IL2BOS players.

post-7693-0-53465700-1408727037_thumb.jp      post-7693-0-79363500-1408727045_thumb.jp      post-7693-0-16408400-1408727050_thumb.jp

post-7693-0-67053800-1408727059_thumb.jp      post-7693-0-45228700-1408727064_thumb.jp      post-7693-0-92774500-1408727075_thumb.jp

P.S. As a bonus for today we're sharing this short video. It's kinda related to Steam... just watch it.

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 28

Holy Crap!!

He-111, reworked FW pit, upgraded multiplayer, AND a new map!!!

Unbelievable!

And the perfect riposte to certain individuals who have been trying so hard to trash this sim.

Well done. And, finally, something I might be able to shoot down in my Lagg.....!

Edited by kendo
  • Upvote 1

This is what I call great developers! Thanks for your hard work! and get warm after that! I am proud to be part of this community

Thanks!

Edited by Manu_vc

Well played 1CGS - looking at the time of this post in Russia, you guys definitely had a long Friday to pull this off.  

The new map sounds great.  What sounds absolutely great is that you are open to the modding community and will incorporate their ideas and work going forwards.  

Thanks for your hard work!!!

Very well done guys!  Thankyou very much for all your hard work.

Better get that video up on the Steam forums quick, lol. :biggrin:

S!

Kudos to you for being willing to make that very funny video. Thank you for all your hard work in bringing us this great update.

Awesome! The plane looks stunning! 

Also the addition of new maps is great news. It seems like huge progress has been made this week!

Congrats to all the team!

Thanks a lot! BTW Zak.. you really look like a boss! :D

Thank you for the update!  Especially to the hard working guys that are still in the office!

Zettman

• Upvote 2

What an awesome update. Well done all! Full of surprises; and nice price-whiners vid, lol. :-) It's so good to see community content entering the scene too. The FW looks great.

• Upvote 1

Gone to bed now after a busy day celebrating my daughters 2nd birthday. Very much looking forward to the update in the morning.

You guys seem to have really piled on the good stuff for this one. I hope that will silence most of the unnecessary trashing you've recieved over the last few days.

There's a lot more to this update, than I expected. I really didn't count on the He 111 arriving so soon.

Oh hi there, Kari Byron. What are you doing here....

:)

• Upvote 2

Well done guys,hoped you enjoyed the cold shower.I like how Loft always looks like he could kick some serious ass,lol.

The HE 111 H6 looks awesome and I will really enjoy learning to fly it,

Your hard work is appreciated,

Mick. :)

Well done guys,hoped you enjoyed the cold shower.I like how Loft always looks like he could kick some serious ass,lol.

The HE 111 H6 looks awesome and I will really enjoy learning to fly it,

Your hard work is appreciated,

Mick. :)

Loft is the Chuck Norris of flight simming  :biggrin:

Great work guys. Id just like to thank EVERYONE at 777/1C. This week has been one of high drama. You guys all kept your cool in the face of some seriously inconsiderate people. You have kept your nose to the grind stone and shown your dedication to your craft. And this sort of honestly and professionalism is a rare experience for us simmers and gamers alike. THANK YOU.

• Upvote 7

Awesome news & quite a load for a single update.

Thanks to for the dedication.

Already feel indebted to the Zeus team and the free sharing of their hard work.

All this on top of the ROF update of this morning, go figure!

Thanks guys. I'll certainly try out the He 111 this weekend. Have a good one yourself.

You are sooo great guys. I realy would spend all my money to you just because you deserve it. (sadly i got not enough for my self :D )   Show it to all these haters out there in steam and kick their asses!