Creepermoss

Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

It's 6:10 am Wednesday morning. I have 3 days off work, a brand new sim, and my 'analog audio to USB converter' is here. I'm going to spend a few hours designing and implementing my X52 Pro and Thrustmaster MFD's in BoS.

Life is good.

• Upvote 1

task for this week 

1. learn to fly the 109 all over again :D

2. see how much AI plane i can ram without crashing heheh

this weeks gonna be fun 

• Upvote 2

After days of work I'm off for 4 days in row beginning Tuesday.

PERFECT timing...for once!

I can't waiting dig into the F4.

• Upvote 1

task for this week 

1. learn to fly the 109 all over again :D

2. see how much AI plane i can ram without crashing heheh

this weeks gonna be fun 

lets try to shoot them down with flare guns hehe ;)

Killer...

...the converter worked perfectly. 

I got lucky on this one...but I'll take it.

I am in Gdansk all week on a business trip and I miss my JG2 hunting trips, will fly back home to Zurich tomorrow so in the evening I can finally continue flying. And dammit most of all I couldn't even try the Messerschmidt.

What's your feeling on the Messerschmidt ? I can't wait to try it - most of all though I wanna finally have my beloved Focke Wulff. I can't wait until I spot the first poor Russian pilot down below me, when I am back on the FW190 controls XD

WANTED

Jagdgeschwader 2 [JG 2] "Richthofen"

qhvf.png

is NoW Recruiting for

IL 2

Battle of Stalingrad

http://thejg2.webs.com/

",..........drink, fly, run, fight, and crawl.........blunts rolled tight, Colt 45 cold'

hitlerstewy.jpg

EVIL GENIUS

seeks minions to sacrifice their lives In Battle of Stalingrad domination attempt.

Must be prepared to work 24-7 for fascist

psychopath for close to NO pay. Messy death inevitable

but costumes and laser death rays provided.

NO WEIRDOs.......................

http://thejg2.webs.com/ or PM me here

• Upvote 3

You, and you. You know you want to join Phenom's legion of evil monkeys. Stop staring and join up, or it's no bananas for you!

Monkeys_zps435646e9.png

• Upvote 2

Kilt 2.5 109 F models in my trusty and rusty LaGG 3 in a single DOGFIGHT mission, expert mode of course. Now if I could just rearm after landing...

...LOVE this sim. 

Edited by [JG2]Surf

I am in Gdansk all week on a business trip and I miss my JG2 hunting trips, will fly back home to Zurich tomorrow so in the evening I can finally continue flying. And dammit most of all I couldn't even try the Messerschmidt.

What's your feeling on the Messerschmidt ? I can't wait to try it - most of all though I wanna finally have my beloved Focke Wulff. I can't wait until I spot the first poor Russian pilot down below me, when I am back on the FW190 controls XD

Killer...

...the Me 109 F4 is a "Phenom"...*wink*.

You can 'Rope and Dope" the LaGG's so easily. Zoom climb to stall speed, roll out with flaps 20% out, retract flaps and spiral climb while watching the LaGG's nose stall/drop/rotate below you. The rest is obvious. 

LOVE this sim.

Edited by [JG2]Surf

Gota love those LaGG_3 37mm cannon rounds.

Just say'in...

Edited by [JG2]Surf

The Russians had GREAT MGs - higher firing rate and nanana...blabla Thats acknowledged, sure...

BUT!!

if this Sim is accurate... And so far I am confident, they won't have much to point them at. Since WE are always gonna be @ six o clock.

No more UFOs with Chuck Norris on the tail gun, saved by the bell MIDAIR. Instead flying home after the mission. I REALLY hope 777 will incorporate this. I can't stress this enough. It ain't over till it's over baby. Your plane is safe when it's on the parking spot, ignition OFF. Not a SECOND b4!

So far I love BoS - the physix are soooooo much better. Just taxiing on the ground is sooooo real. Wings rocking from the bumpy taxiways. Tail wheel trying to overtake you all the time...LOVE it. I only wished they would have chosen to give us trim b4 guns and games. But sure I get it, ROF didn't have trim able control surfaces and BoS is of course ROFs offspring, in a new dress.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't have said that better myself Killer, also you can get a fake trim on your 109, its called "Adjustable stabilizer" in the Plane controls tab. Enjoy!

Also, when is that multiplayer coming?!

Tried it and boy it really is a fake trim yet once again very well made the stab really moves visibly and the COG shifts but it feels very weird and since this is of course more to balance bomb loads etc rather than to 'trim' the plane.

The FM altogether still feels a little wobbly and having your stab trimmed instead of the tab adds to the weirdness, fun to fly though.

I can ably advise all virtual pilots to practice with these birds the better you fly now the better you will fly uh hmm later... Makes sense?

You know what I mean, right?

Something else that concerns me...

The other uhhh big "sim" is really making huge progress when it comes to terrain and atmospheric effects I hope IL2 BoS will not miss the opportunity to catch up here!

See you out there.

Greetings from II/Jg77.

Happy new year to you guys. Hope to see you soon in here.

• Upvote 2

I was in one of many JG2 Richtofen squads in IL2 1946   we flew on Warclouds, my squad has since fragmented, and  JG2_Razorback needs a new JG2 : (   I just got the alpha downloaded, and I should have my Warthog tomorrow :)

Little Bio on ME

I am 44 year old WWII sim fanatic. I believe in strict team oriented, and hardcore dedicated  comms, and wingmanship. I like to follow the same rules the Luftwaffe used in the war. I have a lot of real world flight experience.

though I haven't flown in many years. I used to fly my Stepfathers Hi-Perf birds alot . I am definitely in search of some diehards to fly with. The only downside is the fact that I work a weekly rotating shift, which makes it a pain to keep up with weekly events, but I make every effort to contribute to my squadron

Edited by JG2Razorback

Welp, I grabbed my shiny new LaGG today to check out the latest build. Loaded up a Stalingrad map, set mode to Expert, rolled out and climbed out.

I just love this sim. It's a joy to fly. And a joy to land. So sweet. My thermals were great with no overheating whatsoever. It just feels right...fly's right.

Now, all I ask is a functional VSI and pitch trim and I'm good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heya Razorback...

...I'm pretty much like you. I work alot so my sim time is definitely limited. But with this sim for me, a little goes a long way. And once we get multiplayer it's going to be quality squad time. Looking forward to rolling out with you.

-Surf

Edited by [JG2]Surf

Once the HD one is out - or even better, the commercial one - and my other upgrade plans are done, I'll definitely get one.

Edited by [JG2]wellenbrecher

Well yeah. The resolution is 1080p instead of 720p. As the biggest difference.

Apparently with the 720 you'd see the "grid" it uses to draw what you see, which is gone with the 1080p one.

It now also includes a camera-like thing, that allows proper head tracking a la TrackIR.

And lastly they also added some sort of "stabilisation" that helps with vertigo or somesuch thing. I forgot the details, sorry.

[edit]

When it comes to the shortcomings of the 720p version, ShackTac's Dslyecxi 

Most if not all of these things were fixed with the HD version.

Edited by [JG2]wellenbrecher

S!

Any of you from WW2 Online?

There is a squad thus named in that, but dont recognize any names here.

BlackAdder I recognize from CloD.

S!

Any of you from WW2 Online?

There is a squad thus named in that, but dont recognize any names here.

BlackAdder I recognize from CloD.

Phenom, Buzz, Surf, IIRC, a few more.

Edited by [JG2]Fenderalac

Hello JG2,

Most of you know me already.

I'll hop on TS see if I can catch up with you guys and/or Phenom.

Also I did get BOS, so looking forward to flying with you guys.

Ur junk folder probably has the EMAIL with TS details OR our website where its posted SEVERAL TIMES..........................Roflmao

• Upvote 1

PILOTS WANTED

Jagdgeschwader 2 [JG 2] "Richthofen"

is NoW Recruiting for

IL 2

Battle of Stalingrad

http://thejg2.webs.com/

",..........drink, fly, run, fight, and crawl.........blunts rolled tight, Colt 45 cold'

EVIL GENIUS

seeks minions to sacrifice their lives In Battle of Stalingrad domination attempt.

Must be prepared to work 24-7 for fascist

psychopath for close to NO pay. Messy death inevitable

but costumes and laser death rays provided.

NO WEIRDOs.......................

http://thejg2.webs.com/ or PM me here

Edited by [JG2]Phen0m