Sign in to follow this  
VikingFjord

Its a bit overwhelming..need help with Mods For il-2:1946

its a bit overwhelming for to start over and learn something over again
anyone have any mods to improve the graphic.sound and perhaps add more planes and other stuff?
what is the best out there?

i also notice that most planes in the standard version of 1946 cant open cockpit glass..

Btw: i got the steam version :)

Edited by VikingFjord

Make sure it's patched up to version 4.12.2

Heres a place where patches are listed in order http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=605

Then mod it with HFSX 7.2, here's the site for it, http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=30

It will take a little time, but really worth it!!

Take your time, pay attention to detail and do it correct. You shoud be really pleased!!

Take the time to read the readme's (there are several).

You'll find IL-2 4.12.2 + HFSX 7.2 to be a most comprehesive and interactive digital encyclopidia of World War 2 aviation history.

Edited by BlueMatrix

Make sure it's patched up to version 4.12.2

Heres a place where patches are listed in order http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=605

Then mod it with HFSX 7.2, here's the site for it, http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=30

It will take a little time, but really worth it!!

Take your time, pay attention to detail and do it correct. You shoud be really pleased!!

Take the time to read the readme's (there are several).

You'll find IL-2 4.12.2 + HFSX 7.2 to be a most comprehesive and interactive digital encyclopidia of World War 2 aviation history.

seconded.

M4Today is your home base about all those mods, missions etc, there are tons of them.

Most of the serious servers run with the mods listed above plus their mini custom patches that you can get from their websites, you also need a little program called "hyperlobby" to find them btw, you can find the server websites and their patches from there.

Edited by [JG2]Oz*

There are some great campaigns available there too. I hear there was this good one about Afrika...

;)

Thank you very much for the tips!

but isn't the steam version of the game automatic update to 4.12.2?

I would say no, it's probably 407 or right out of the box. You can tell by watching you game start in lower right hand corner of your monitor.

I have no idea how Steam works but if you can make a backup of the stock version.

I have no idea how Steam works but if you can make a backup of the stock version.

Imagine a car that has a bad catalytic converter and one misfiring cylinder. There is no reverse gear and only gears 1,3 &6.  You can only make left turns. It also has a flat tire and blown suspension. That is still better than Steam.

Edited by KOTP_SPEKTRE76

Woohoo, found my copy of 1946 , now time to reinstall this puppy.

I also have downloaded the 4.12.2M megapatch, so going to install 46 then the megapatch, then I will take a look at what I need to do after that, like the HSFX7 mod...

Before you do ANYTHING make sure its working and then make a BACKUP!!!!!

Before you do ANYTHING make sure its working and then make a BACKUP!!!!!

Yikes, already installed the 4.12.2M Mega Patch - but so far all appears to be working. Maybe I should back it all up at this point, thanks.

HSFX 7.2 on top of 4.12.2 is great.  Try adding a few other mods as well, such as VisualMod 8,  MissionProCombo, and a few of the latest maps such as Stalingrad retowned, retextured, revillaged.  A lot of useful info is here: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php. The graphics are still not quite as impressive as BOS, but the amount of content is staggering.

I need to reinstall IL2 I had HFSX 6, How do I uninstall HFSX ?

Jeez talk about timing I'm downloading HSFX 7.2 right now

I need to reinstall IL2 I had HFSX 6, How do I uninstall HFSX ?

I'd just re-install you don't need to bother if you're referring to an upgrade 7.2, you just install over the top, from what I read on Mission 4 Today

I've just installed 7.2 and it all went remarkably smooth no pain at all and its great

Well worth the effort, brilliant stuff

Just finished installing IL2 1946, did the mega pack update to 4.12 , installed the HSFX auto updater in the root of the game. got an error that the c++ redistribution that was on my PC was newer. Ran the auto updater and it got an error but it looked like it was running, downloaded around 100meg.

I really like this game. I Like all the carrier based planes + the European theatre of war planes. are there any other add-ons or.........?

The Full Monty is 2 episodes behind the curve,

There is a newcomer, soon to be available that will bring all previous TFM content  to 4.12.2.

Check this out:

CFM USERS MANUAL FINAL.RAR - 97,144 KB
https://www.mediafire.com/?67toyrhhcajx5x1

You will have massive WWII content planes and maps, Korea, maps and planes, Viet Nam maps and planes, cold war planes, Large amount of objects and improved Full Mission Builder to use them with.

There is an effort underway to update DBW 1916 for use with CFM.

Good things still going on in IL2 1946 land.

CFM_zps34f08dde.jpg

Edited by Forager

mission4today has been hacked.....how long has the site been like that ?

I think you will need to install HSFX-7.0 before the updater will work

I was thinking the updater would see no HSFX version and update to HSFX 7.2, I guess not

Edited by LA1

Anyone know how to remove all mods? I installed ultrapack to my il2 a long time ago (steam version btw), but now it wont start at all with the SAS selector.

Delete everything and use the backup you, as a sensible user of mods, made before installing the mods.

You didn't? Tough luck, uninstall and reinstall and MAKE BACKUPS.

Anyone know how to remove all mods? I installed ultrapack to my il2 a long time ago (steam version btw), but now it wont start at all with the SAS selector.

there is something with steam , verify files or something like that . It will revert all your files back to the original and remove all the mods.

That will only restore the game files that have been changed by mods.

Which means it will leave you with stubs and unused files all over the place. Not recommended.

Edited by wellenbrecher