KastaRules

More info on Black Screen after mission startup

I am opening a new thread on a subject that has already emerged on a few other posts, only because I'd like to share my ideas with you.

Like a few other users, I am unable to play the game since "presets" have been implemented as the screen goes black after starting the mission. I am running an ultrawidescreen resolution of 5324x1050 on a nVidia GTX670 in Surround mode.

I had the same issue in the latest updates of Rise of Flight but I was able to solve it disabling the HDR, since its launch screen smartly allows the user to enable/disable a bunch of graphics options.

If the devs really want to stick with presets that's fine, but I think it would be better for everyboy (and not just the triple screeners) to have a wider selection of customizable advanced graphics options, like it happens in every single frigging simulator out there.

I don't think in 2014 makes much sense sticking to presets and not supporting triple screens, especially when we are talking about a flight simulator!

if you can't be bothered in fixing this stuff tell me at least that you offer a refund.

Regards,

Francesco aka Kasta

post-13983-0-23630100-1408381480_thumb.jpg

Edited by KastaRules

Wow just purchased this and never would I have thought I would not be able to play because I have 3 screens!! I own all of the iL2 games and everyone works just fine with 3 screens. So is there anything that can be done? or is it a case of wait and see?

Cliffs of Dover and Rise of Flight both work really well on a triple screen setup. For a little while Battle of Stalingrad worked too.

Then the devs decided, I guess for the sake of simplicity -like you would expect from a console port- to restrict the graphics options a great while adding "presets" instead. Which is not a bad idea if this were a game. But it's not. From a simulator people expect (demand) complexity and the ability to customize every tiny detail. Especially if a thing like this breaks the support for a good chunk of the user base. The very same user base that showed support shelling out cash when the simulator wasn't even out yet !!!

We are not asking for the moon !!!

P L E A S E do a little effort for us !!! Give us advanced graphic options, support the ultra wide resolutions !!!

had i done a bit more investigating i wouldnt of purchased this game. I just assumed it would have muti monitor support with ROF having it instead its black screen or single monitor. that blows

Still no solution with the latest build.

90% complete ....still 100% unflyable for me right now.

If it's just turning off HDR, which I also have to do in RoF to get AA working, then give us the alternative to do so.

It's getting really frustrating no to be able to fly due to this (NO, I won't go back to single screen ever again)

sigh, Just had my full re-install and wham...black screen of despair!

ok so a call to arms...

Please goto ...read and sign the  petition...

In essence I'm using this a central collection to see what community support there is around this and whether this is actually worth pushing hard enough with 1C to get some traction and visibility with them... its a numbers game.. This is a commercial organisation hat needs to make a return on the investment up front... no money = no more development. This is a niche product  compared to  BF4 etc genre and we need to keep that in mind ... 

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/IL2-BOS-black-widescreen-BUG 

After a period of time I  will forward the petition to IC et al and see what response they are able to provide.

I've not done an online petition before, so if there are comments or modifications that are needed please  let me know.

I'm going to create a new post for the petition to get some visibility.

P

I am suffering the same Problem, although i am using only 1 Monitor. The screen stays black when i start a Mission and Drops me back to Desktop after a while. No idea what could be the reason for this.

Same issue here this week after the update.  Not sure how to resolve...I like to play, but in the computer world I am an infant.  Any ideas on a fix?

I have it too.  Three screen setup.  Completely black.

Not a good thing.  Actually have time to fly this and maybe put my imput in on a SimHq review.

Not a good start.

Would be nice to get a resolution to this.  I would like to fly but I'm not reconfiguring every single game on my box for one game simply because three monitor support is 'broken'.

I'll wait till it gets done.