Sign in to follow this  
ACG_kildren

Couple Of Questions About The Game

I'm probably going to buy the game tomorrow or the day after and i have a couple of questions.

1. I want to know which is better the FW 190 or the La5 i know being 2 diffrent planes they are very diffrent but in your experince which is the better fighter overall?

2.This question is more towards fellow Australians but how is the online connection?

Cheers

The Fw190 has awesome firepower and is fast. The La5 I don't know so much, but from what I've heard/read over the years, the Fw190 is better.

But fly whichever one takes your fancy.

They are both fast, energy fighting airplanes for smart pilots/tacticians.

They are not "dive into the fur-ball and hope for the best" aircraft - so it basically comes down to your own historical interests.

The 190 has a better chance of escaping/extending with it's speend when in trouble (because you don't have to worry about 109's or 190's chasing you down)

so there's that to consider.

As far as firepower, FlatSpin is right - the 190 is awesome in this department - however a short burst from an La-5 aircraft will down an enemy too so

the extra punch of the 190 isn't so much a factor until you consider taking down bombers.

In short, a smart pilot can do well in either one - a newb or unwise pilot can get killed very quickly in either and become frustrated.

I'd get them both.

Also. The La5 is a dig at anything above 3500 meters. The 190 reigns supreme up there. The boost ability of the LA down low gives a great advantage. As long as you close up those cowling doors. Thise things are like airbrakes lol.

At 5000m the Fw-190 has a massive advantage over the La-5. On the deck they are more evenly matched and the La-5 can catch the 190 sometimes.

Choosing either requires they are flown to their strengths. Anything else is folly. Even if you are not new to simming, this game has different physics than anything else out there (except maybe ROF) and you would do well to cut your teeth on the 109 and Yak before taking on the Fw/La.

*Opinion: The La will be slightly better in a low level furball but the 190 A3 (when flown correctly) is a better overall aircraft than the first generation of the La.

Opinion: The La will be slightly better in a low level furball but the 190 A3 (when flown correctly) is a better overall aircraft than the first generation of the La.

That's fair

2.This question is more towards fellow Australians but how is the online connection?

I ping about 360 to the official servers (in Europe I think) and about 250 odd to the US servers (I think they are). I've had NO warping or connection issues. I'm based in Brisvegas. 

I have one question for anyone - is there a way to zoom out of the small minimap? The small minimap doesn't really show much, and the large map is just too large. Would be great to zoom in/out of the small map on the fly.

No problems online from Adelaide.

Ooh, one of the coolest F1 tracks ever.

No probs with an average broadband connection in New Zealand so you Aussies should be A-okay. Happy flying. ~

Ooh, one of the coolest F1 tracks ever.

Adelaide hasnt had a f1 track since 1995 man hahah its melbourne that has it now

And thanks All! :lol:

With the latest update the Fw 190s advantage in roll rate has become more pronounced (mostly because the other planes have been toned down), so it's a pretty good fighter now. However, it absolutely requires that you start with the energy advantage. Otherwise it's kinda like what you'd expect: Low climb rate (perhaps too low), poor energy retention, good mid-alt performance, deadly armament and a "bar issue" that just won't go away.

The early model La-5 is a bit of a conundrum. It's extremely fast down low and rolls almost as well as the 190 but has even worse energy retention and the most complex engine controls of any plane in BoS. You can do great things with it, and it's certainly a blast to fly, but you have to be careful and pick your fights wisely.

????????????

Eh..you've never heard of the Adelade GP - Formula 1 race?????

They haven't run there in some time, but it was a classic.

Adelaide hasnt had a f1 track since 1995 man hahah its melbourne that has it now

Obviously - that doesn't mean one can't have fond memories of the Adelade circuit.

Eh..you've never heard of the Adelade GP - Formula 1 race?????

They haven't run there in some time, but it was a classic.

Obviously - that doesn't mean one can't have fond memories of the Adelade circuit.

Yes of course i have heard of it, I was trying to equate F1 to an aircraft used on the eastern front. I'm 68 so the brain cells probably aren't working as well as they used to.

Yes of course i have heard of it, I was trying to equate F1 to an aircraft used on the eastern front. I'm 68 so the brain cells probably aren't working as well as they used to.

Ahhh..LOL no worries.

I think my question got missed so here it is again:

"I have one question for anyone - is there a way to zoom out of the small minimap? The small minimap doesn't really show much, and the large map is just too large. Would be great to zoom in/out of the small map on the fly."

any ideas?

No and i totally agree. The small map is to small the medium sized map is perfect but cant be manipulted ( which is ridiculous) and the large map obscures your entire screen and can be manipulated. I wish they would just do it like RoF. DEVS if it aint broke dont fix it.

The Fw-190 is the better ground attack plane due to heavier armament and larger bomb load. It is also the better bomber killer for the same reason. Its only performance advantage lies in it's max dive speed (850km/h+ without damage). High speed handling is stiff but precise. Low speed agility is horrible. It's the worst climbing fighter atm and below average in speed at all altitudes (due to engine limitations). However, with an initial energy advantage it can be highly effective in the right hands. Flown properly, it can hold an energy advantage all day. That combined with its impressive firepower make it a deadly plane in the right hands.

The La-5 is the fastest fighter in the game atm below 2500m and fairly average above that height. It is no low speed turn fighter, but the handling is nice, especially at high speed. Max dive speed is a little anemic compared to the 109 and 190, but it isn't too bad. You start losing parts at around 780km/h (190A can do 850km/h+ without damage). As added bonuses, it has wonderful ground handling and trim for all three control surface sets. When it comes to simply flying it, I find it one of the most enjoyable planes in the game. Like the 190, this plane is very effective when flown right.

This is how things are in game at this instant. A major part of the La-5's advantage (and many other planes) over the 190 is that the 190 has an extremely limited WEP ability while most others can do it for extended periods. Engine management is supposed to be revised in the next week or two, so the situation may change dramatically. It still won't be a turn fighter, but the climb rate and speed may go up relative to everything else.

• Upvote 1

It's all about the pilot. A good pilot in an inferior plane will usually defeat a bad pilot in a superior one.. unless the differences are very great.

It's all about the pilot. A good pilot in an inferior plane will usually defeat a bad pilot in a superior one.. unless the differences are very great.

Ie F-15 vs Me-109..... Me-109 will win everytime lol.

I prefer to fight in the 109 but prefer to look at the 190 its such a good looking plane.