Sign in to follow this  
ACG_Flyby

"another instance of BoS is running" ????

I have this recurring problem that when I close out BoS I get a desktop window message that IL2 Sturmovic has run into a problem and I have to click the end program button. Also, the right LED light on my TrackIR stays on. It's the light that comes on when a sim is activated. At that same time, when I try to restart BOS I get a message that another instance of the game is still running. So I have to resort to Task Manager to locate the "instance" and invariably I find a little red Star listed under the background processes. It's only when I click the end-task button that I can successfully restart the sim. Unfortunately I have to manually close the TrackIR window first, then restart it before I restart BoS. In the BoS bin\game folder there are these three active launchers, and each one will start the sim. I'm starting it from desktop,to be sure but closing it leads to the problem I've described. Anyone seen this before? The sim installs the shortcut to the desktop, but another "instance" remains running when I exit the sim. I'm running Win8.1  and running the sim in compatibility mode for Win8. I tried unchecking that box, and it made no difference.

Flyby out

It is the launcher that is not quoting when you close the launcher program.  Its been reported as well.  But reporting it again does not hurt.  Id put it the Early access bug reports forum though not here.

I bypassed the launcher and put a shortcut direct from the game folder.

(C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game) then find the IL2 icon. Worked for me, and quickened things up a little! 

When you close the launcher, its always still running in your task manager's processes. Every time you close the game you should go manually close the task there too. (it will simply be called Launcher in the processes)

Edited by GrieverGriever_XIV

When you close the launcher, its always still running in your task manager's processes. Every time you close the game you should go manually close the task there too. (it will simply be called Launcher in the processes)

I think that maybe  is mainly when one has seed when downloaded selected.

I do not, and my launcher does not stay running after exiting the sim, clean shutdown of everything.

• Upvote 1

I think that maybe  is mainly when one has seed when downloaded selected.

I do not, and my launcher does not stay running after exiting the sim, clean shutdown of everything.

That's odd, wonder why this happens to me...

That's odd, wonder why this happens to me...

Not just you.  Had this happen to me also.  Once even I had to restart my computer because task manager would not end the process. 

This has just started to happen to me with latest patch (update from Dev Log 79)

I bypassed the launcher and put a shortcut direct from the game folder.

(C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game) then find the IL2 icon. Worked for me, and quickened things up a little!

+1 This is the way I have it set up.

When you exit the sim you are left with a Red Star in the system tray.If you clear the star in the tray it will leave the Launch.exe in the Process field of the system tray.

If however you open this box and clear the launcher at  the top right hand corner,it will close both the Launcher page and the Launcher.exe in the process field of the system tray.Works for me.