Jump to content
=38=Tatarenko

New Players start here ...

Recommended Posts

hey people. garbage pilot here (and even worse fighter pilot), but my lifelong love affair with aviation keeps me going.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, halowraith1 said:

hey people. garbage pilot here (and even worse fighter pilot), but my lifelong love affair with aviation keeps me going.

#metoo ¬†ūüėĄ¬†Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya boys,

 

are there any pdf guides for flying the FC WW1 aircraft at all please.

 

I haven't been able to get off the ground, since i got it on Friday.

 

I can take off in all the WW2 Allied aircraft (no offence i don't fly Axis sorry).

 

But the Camel and Spad have me beat.

 

Thanks very much.

 

Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Hiya boys,

 

are there any pdf guides for flying the FC WW1 aircraft at all please.

 

I haven't been able to get off the ground, since i got it on Friday.

 

I can take off in all the WW2 Allied aircraft (no offence i don't fly Axis sorry).

 

But the Camel and Spad have me beat.

 

Thanks very much.

 

Mike.

 

I don't know about pdfs, but Requiem has some videos that may help you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much @JimTM   i subscribed to Requiems channel last month.

 

So i will have a look buddy, thanks.

 

Heads up is very much appreciated.

 

Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dawned on me. Am i right in thinking, there is no save game function ?

 

Not even for single player modes.

 

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question on the graphics settings.  After I had the BOM version installed, I had a missing read out for throttle, and engine info.  I wound up rechecking the box for VR-HMD in total ignorance and coincidentally the readouts reappeared on the next go.  Can someone please explain what that one is for me?  For most of the others, I have at least a vague idea about what they mean, but that one is totally not explained at all.  What is VR-HMD and what do you lose/gain from that box setting?

On 3/7/2019 at 9:18 AM, Dogbert1953 said:

Just dawned on me. Am i right in thinking, there is no save game function ?

 

Not even for single player modes.

 

Mike.

I was wondering about that myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jollymann64 said:

Quick question on the graphics settings.  After I had the BOM version installed, I had a missing read out for throttle, and engine info.  I wound up rechecking the box for VR-HMD in total ignorance and coincidentally the readouts reappeared on the next go.  Can someone please explain what that one is for me?  For most of the others, I have at least a vague idea about what they mean, but that one is totally not explained at all.  What is VR-HMD and what do you lose/gain from that box setting?

 

 

VR-HMD enables a Virtual Reality Headset like Rift, Vive, Odyssey, etc.

VR users will need to check this box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK follow up question then.  Does having that box checked for the VR-HDM draw more resources unneedingly even if you don't have a virtual reality set up to use with it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jollymann64 said:

OK follow up question then.  Does having that box checked for the VR-HDM draw more resources unneedingly even if you don't have a virtual reality set up to use with it?

 

 

I would not think so, but why one without a VR headset would have it checked seems odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dburne said:

 

I would not think so, but why one without a VR headset would have it checked seems odd.

The box was checked initially.  I didn't do it.

 

Edited by Jollymann64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all

I started this game about 2 week ago . First of all I come here from war thunder . I started this game because I want to learn planes wich fought in ww2 . When I m started to playing this game I did not have joystick I tried tanks and mause aim stuff then I bought a Logitech Exterme 3D PRO . Guys I have a problem about looking around can you guys give me a tip about keymaping with only keyboard and joystick ? I cant use VR or TrackIR because I have a blood pressure issues . Have good day

Edited by Sturm_Krieger
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sturm_Krieger said:

Hello all

I started this game about 2 week ago . First of all I come here from from war thunder . I started this game because I want to learn planes wich fought in ww2 . When I m started to playing this game I did not have joystick I tried tanks and mause aim stuff then I bought a Logitech Exterme 3D PRO . Guys I have a problem about looking around can you guys give me a tip about keymaping with only keyboard and joystick ? I cant use VR or TrackIR because I have a blood pressure issues . Have good day

 

See Requiem's video IL-2 Great Battles: Camera Views Explained.

 

Also, see this post for links to more information about IL-2 Sturmovik and air combat.

Edited by JimTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can easily set up a mouse (Bluetooth or USB) for your look arounds...quite handy!

A combination of Requiem's video and your game settings does the trick.

Let us know if you have any problems!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JimTM said:

 

See Requiem's video IL-2 Great Battles: Camera Views Explained.

 

Also, see this post for links to more information about IL-2 Sturmovik and air combat.

Thank you . I was actually talking about pilots position I m kinda learned playing with keyboard and joystick . After 1-1.5 hours of pain I can take off and land a yak1 in exterme setting . My big problems are I dont know much about that water and radiator thing , my aim is retarded and I cant play career without "no markers" I wonder how you guys see a tiny plane from 5km ! 

 

Also DocJBM thank you too . Like what I said My main issue was moving pilots body but yeah looking around was a problem too . I tried your tips but they did not help much I kinda learned looking around with joystick and it works more well I think I had issues because that was the first time I m using a joystick . Have a good day

Edited by Sturm_Krieger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sturm_Krieger said:

Thank you . I was actually talking about pilots position I m kinda learned playing with keyboard and joystick . After 1-1.5 hours of pain I can take off and land a yak1 in exterme setting . My big problems are I dont know much about that water and radiator thing , my aim is retarded and I cant play career without "no markers" I wonder how you guys see a tiny plane from 5km ! 

 

Also DocJBM thank you too . Like what I said My main issue was moving pilots body but yeah looking around was a problem too . I tried your tips but they did not help much I kinda learned looking around with joystick and it works more well I think I had issues because that was the first time I m using a joystick . Have a good day

 

If I understand you correctly, the first minute of the Requiem video I linked to describes how to adjust the pilot's position.

 

Check out the following links regarding water and radiator:

The information in these links are part of the post I linked to above regarding more information about IL-2 Sturmovik and air combat.

 

Here's a bunch of posts I bookmarked regarding spotting:

Have a browse through and try some of the solutions, which seem to differ, depending on what monitor and system people are using. Personally, I can just barely see a plane head on when it's within about 6km (9km if I zoom in). I found that setting my gamma to 0.5 helped the most (you may need a different solution). You need to set any gamma lower than 0.8 in the startup.cfg file (using NotePad) because the game setting only goes down to 0.8 (the game will still show 0.8 even if you set gamma lower than that). startup.cfg is in your game folder under \data.

Edited by JimTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently got my WH HOTAS set up on floor mounts and have been working my way through key mapping throttle and stick in game settings. I've made some progress, but I've struck a problem mapping pilot head movements. Before you reply: "Don't waste your time, just get head tracking!", that is my intention, but first I want to learn to fly before getting too 'fancy'.

 

Yes, I intend to use key mapping software,  ie JoyToKey or Joystick Gremlin eventually, but, again, when I've learnt the basics and can actually take off and land in one piece.

 

My problem is in mapping the 'look up,look down, look left, look right'. In game settings, they call it 'Bow pilot head vertically' and 'Turn pilot head horizontally' (for those who may have forgotten)

For each of those two actions, when I click on either of the 2 columns on the right, I'm instructed "....move it to the limit which will cause increasing of the value - finally move it to the limit which will cause decreasing of the value."  I'm trying to map the actions to the trim hat on the stick, so I've tried moving the hat first up, then down to centre, in the lh column (for Bow pilot head vertically), then, down then up to centre in the rh column. For 'Turn pilot head horizontally' I moved it to the left then back to center, then the same to the right in the rh column. The axes were assigned, but not correctly. In the test flight, moving the hat left and right both caused the view to move right. Moving the hat up and down both caused to view to move down.

I have tried reversing the order of the hat movements but without success. I'm sure it's simple to do, but it's not working for me.

If there's anyone who can, first of all understand my description of my problem, and secondly offer the solution, I would be very grateful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jaygee485 said:

WH HOTAS set up on floor mounts

 

8 hours ago, jaygee485 said:

before getting too 'fancy'

 

You are giving my twist stick, keyboard, and trackir an inferiority complex. Anyways, I think the bindings have a little orange icon which appears when things are double mapped. It sounds like that could be part of your problem. Otherwise, instead of doing an axis, you could use snap views. That might work better on the hat switch anyways.

 

And I know you know, but I will say it anyway: Trackir and then VR changed the game for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cpt_Cool said:

I think the bindings have a little orange icon which appears when things are double mappedÔĽŅ.

I had wondered what that icon signified, thanks for explaining that. And yes, I am looking forward to getting Trackir or similar. VR is also attractive, but for a while yet I'll be needing to look at switches and refer to notes (with frequent pauses) so I won't consider that yet.

When I have time later, I'll revisit those settings and have another go. I'm still uncertain what needs to be entered in the lh column and what goes in the rh column, as the instructions are identical in both cases. But knowing about that icon should  help me bumble through.

I appreciate your help!

Edited by jaygee485
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jaygee485 said:

I had wondered what that icon signified, thanks for explaining that. And yes, I am looking forward to getting Trackir or similar. VR is also attractive, but for a while yet I'll be needing to look at switches and refer to notes (with frequent pauses) so I won't consider that yet.

When I have time later, I'll revisit those settings and have another go. I'm still uncertain what needs to be entered in the lh column and what goes in the rh column, as the instructions are identical in both cases. But knowing about that icon should  help me bumble through.

I appreciate your help!

 

If you hover the mouse over that orange icon, it will list what else you have that button mapped to,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 10:09 PM, dburne said:

 

If you hover the mouse over that orange icon, it will list what else you have that button mapped toÔĽŅ,

 

 Thanks for that hint, I discovered that earlier today when I made yet another attempt to map the 'pilot head' actions to the trim hat.

Still no success with that. I may give up, and just try to map the 'snap view' actions instead. I seem to be the only member, ever, to have had this problem  (before posting my plea for help on this,  I searched the forum using all keywords I could think of, and noone has reported anything like this), so I'm sure it must be my own basic error somewhere. Meanwhile it's so frustrating.

 

Edit: used 'snap view' instead of 'pilot head', and it works just as well. 

Edited by jaygee485

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 10:07 AM, Sturm_Krieger said:

Thank you . I was actually talking about pilots position I m kinda learned playing with keyboard and joystick . After 1-1.5 hours of pain I can take off and land a yak1 in exterme setting . My big problems are I dont know much about that water and radiator thing , my aim is retarded and I cant play career without "no markers" I wonder how you guys see a tiny plane from 5km ! 

 

Also DocJBM thank you too . Like what I said My main issue was moving pilots body but yeah looking around was a problem too . I tried your tips but they did not help much I kinda learned looking around with joystick and it works more well I think I had issues because that was the first time I m using a joystick . Have a good day

Sturm...

Here are the settings for Mouse Lookarounds. Try it out..you might like it.

 

 

Mouse Look 1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello¬†fellows. I have been away from Il-2 for a while. Recently i have decided to come back to IL-2 and feel the thrill.¬†ūüėĄ¬†

I want to but a collector plane. I am thinking between La-5FN and Spitfire Mk. VB. I prefer t&b style. But i am also comfortable in LaGG-3. So i cant decide.

I wasnt around when La-5FN was introduced so i dont know how capable it is against 109 and 190?

So i am hopping for some suggestions.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

La5FN no questions, its best red fighter in game.

 

Compared to SpitVb your faster, better roll, better speed at all alts, better climb at low-mid alts p to 5-6km, more emergancy time, more ammo in 20mms, all guns in nouse for easy aim, better rear view...
Spitvb has better turn, better max dive speed, better climb at high alts, and thats it compared to la5fn.

 

Compared to 109s you are faster then them on low alts up to 3.5km, and you can outroll them, have same or better turn times depending on 109 type better climb up to 1-2km.
For 190s your also faster then them on low alts up to 2.5km, and you can outturn them and roll slightly beter and outclimb them at any alt.

 

Only problem in la5fn is if your bnz type, you need to worry about max speed in dive, as airplane is fast in dive and you reach 750kmh realy fast, and then your dead as you lose both elevators and you cant bail out if you have closed canopy.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 102nd-YU-Markoni said:

Hello¬†fellows. I have been away from Il-2 for a while. Recently i have decided to come back to IL-2 and feel the thrill.¬†ūüėĄ¬†

I want to but a collector plane. I am thinking between La-5FN and Spitfire Mk. VB. I prefer t&b style. But i am also comfortable in LaGG-3. So i cant decide.

I wasnt around when La-5FN was introduced so i dont know how capable it is against 109 and 190?

So i am hopping for some suggestions.

 

Thanks

 

The La-5FN is a very good aircraft but it really depends on whether your able to change your combat style as it is not T&B.  It is best flown like a Fw190 ie fast, rolling, hit hard and get out to rinse & repeat but no sustained turns.  You say you are comfortable with a Lagg and obviously the La-5FN is a Lagg with a very powerful engine and bubble canopy.

The¬†Spit V is a different animal entirely.¬† It is probably the best T&B in the game (apart from the SPit IX) and although the guns are mounted on the wings and have limited ammo they hit extremely hard at or around convergence so a single second burst is often all you need to take off an enemys wing.¬† The¬†downside is that it is slow so if your enemy has E and does not stay to turn with you then you wont get a chance to use your strengths.¬† Luckily most people don't have the will power to avoid staying in the turn just too long to get that shot and then they are playing your game ūüôā

 

I would say that with experts at the controls the LA5-FN is probably better than the Spit V in this theatre but personally I am crap with the 190 style of fighting so  do better in the Spit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

The La-5FN is a very good aircraft

 

Yes, it sounds like a must-have.

I recently bought all of the available 'battles', all of them premium editions, (except for BoBP which was 'Early access'), so I thought I would be getting all of the 

collector aircraft, included in the purchases.

The La-5FN is not on my list though. There may be other collector aircraft also that I don't have, but this is the only one so far that I've noticed I'm missing.

So, before I go to the store to buy it, I'm hoping someone can tell me whether or not it should have come with one of my premium purchases?

If not, are there also other collector planes which are only available if bought separately?

On 4/22/2019 at 8:48 PM, 77.CountZero said:

La5FN no questions, its best red fighter in game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a seperate aircraft from premuim. Great other buys is yak1b..bf109g6..ju52..u2

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@egyadelzakhary

 

Hello, I have found those links on Sherrif's Sim Shack video, they are supposed to help with acceleration:

 

link1

link2 

 

Original comment link.

Full video link to moment when it's used.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While im able to take off  in a Stuka just fine, i always end up crashing in a 109, lol... i'll get the hang of it soon i hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the Tail wheel is locked!

There is a key you need to bind/check.

If the tailwheel is unlocked you need to move a bit in a straight line before it locks into place. Also try throtteling up slowish. And use rudder/diferential brake to keep the  plane straight.

Also you can try to use the turn and bank indicator to keep straight, it will show you are drifting way earlier than you can see by your own.

Lastly let the plane pick up some speed first, maybe 180-200 km/h and gently pull up.

 

If you really can't do it, post a video so we can see what is going wrong!

 

Good luck

Edited by =FEW=fernando11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, EAW_Titan20MM said:

While im able to take off  in a Stuka just fine, i always end up crashing in a 109, lol... i'll get the hang of it soon i hope!

 

@EAW_Titan20MM

 

There is a scripted mission in Battle of Stalingrad just to train 109 take off during crosswind, while wind might cause some additional problems, during the briefing you have all take off procedure details described, and if that is not enough I suppose you could just turn on the autopilot and check what he is doing and then try to copy that yourself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, i was finally able to take off! Also tried it with the Spitfire, good stuff :) Got into a nice scuffle with a bunch of FW190's. sadly i ran out of ammo before i could shoot down a 3rd one! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys just bought the game on Steam but I'm failing the first hurdle, logging in. Launched from the Steam client, it asked me if I had an IL2 account. I say yes then put in my email and password from this site, but every time it says invalid email or password. Tried resetting my password already to confirm it's correct. Any ideas?

 

I'm happy to refund it on Steam and buy it here if that'll make the process smoother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, Berious said:

Any ideas?

I'm sorry. I bought the game here as I don't generally use Steam so I really couldn't help. What I will say is that buying the digital from here has never posed ANY problems at all... ever. I hope you get it sorted and the fun can begin!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, Berious said:

Hey guys just bought the game on Steam but I'm failing the first hurdle, logging in. Launched from the Steam client, it asked me if I had an IL2 account. I say yes then put in my email and password from this site, but every time it says invalid email or password. Tried resetting my password already to confirm it's correct. Any ideas?

 

I'm happy to refund it on Steam and buy it here if that'll make the process smoother.

 

I am a bit confused because you have the bronze banners under your profile pic which I thought suggested you bought the game from the IL2 store ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 6:16 AM, Berious said:

Hey guys just bought the game on Steam but I'm failing the first hurdle, logging in. Launched from the Steam client, it asked me if I had an IL2 account. I say yes then put in my email and password from this site, but every time it says invalid email or password. Tried resetting my password already to confirm it's correct. Any ideas?

 

I'm happy to refund it on Steam and buy it here if that'll make the process smoother.


When i had that issue i emailed customer service that is listed here on the forum and they sorted things out for me, as i had bought Bos from Steam as well. In the long run its just better to  buy from the website lol
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...