=38=Tatarenko

New Players start here ...

48 minutes ago, 335th_GRMultiDoc said:

As hard as it is to comprehend why would anyone buy a flight simulator game to play with a mouse.

Hi i do agree but some like me my prefur to mouse and can play just as well with mouse than stick, yes sound daft i agree and as i said at this time i'm limited on funds and is it buy stick no game or buy game no stick buy can play anyway, or save my money and not buy both.

HOW DAMN HARD TO ANSWER THIS I BOUGHT A GAME HAD NO MOUSE CONTROL RETURNED IT, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED THOUGH SOME GAME INFO SAYS YOU CAN USE MOUSE.

Anyway like support no one want to give an answer so no way will i buy the game with unknown issues.

2 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Hi i do agree but some like me my prefur to mouse and can play just as well with mouse than stick, yes sound daft i agree and as i said at this time i'm limited on funds and is it buy stick no game or buy game no stick buy can play anyway, or save my money and not buy both.

HOW DAMN HARD TO ANSWER THIS I BOUGHT A GAME HAD NO MOUSE CONTROL RETURNED IT, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED THOUGH SOME GAME INFO SAYS YOU CAN USE MOUSE.

Anyway like support no one want to give an answer so no way will i buy the game with unknown issues.

Mouse Control.jpg

38 minutes ago, bzc3lk said:

Mouse Control.jpg

Thanks bzc3ik for the picture info that helps, I never had that in the game i had to return there wasn't even anything like this picture in settings etc.

BTW the game i had returned was the Cliffs of Dover that had the mouse issue. 

Will reconsider buying now but which to start with though over time will get them all.  

Cliffs of Dover is actually a different game bud. I would advise you to pick up Battle of Stalingrad (which has option for mouse control as shown above).

1 hour ago, Cpt_Cool said:

Cliffs of Dover is actually a different game bud. I would advise you to pick up Battle of Stalingrad (which has option for mouse control as shown above).

Thanks Cpt.

Will do have been thinking i'll start at the first or the top of the list just waiting on payday next week.

• Upvote 1

Hi IL*2 Team and all.

A while ago i had brought BoS version and so far happy with it but get locked and crashes at quick missions trying to use random planes on both sides.

But works fine if only using one side or other, either assuming this issues is to do with finding planes that are not playable yet or in inventory no problem there if so but shouldn't it say so instead of locking up and crashing. (So far i can live with that)

What i really want to know is that due to limited funds i was wondering if and when there is a sale on so i can buy one or more of the other versions.

Also some of you may remember me asking about mouse control though that has been resolved and getting on well with mouse i did manage to borrow a flight stick to try but found was very unstable and upon several calibrations on the stick the planes keep going into dives, or spins, readjusting the stick like you would the trim on a plane the planes still dive or spin,  none of this with mouse though tight turns are tricky.  

Hello. I'm Bombsaway and I'm an Il2 aholic. :)  Seriously though, I have been modding IL2 1946 for years over at the SAS and just got BOS and BOM on Steam. I feel like a complete noob, which strange after modding for years.

I of course have many questions and on our forums at the SAS, it can be difficult when people post in the wrong threads so if anyone could point in the right direction I would be grateful.

I would like to know about controls set up and are there missions that can be downloaded for single missions off line?

Thank you. :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

Hello. I'm Bombsaway and I'm an Il2 aholic. :) Seriously though, I have been modding IL2 1946 for years over at the SAS and just got BOS and BOM on Steam. I feel like a complete noob, which strange after modding for years.

I of course have many questions and on our forums at the SAS, it can be difficult when people post in the wrong threads so if anyone could point in the right direction I would be grateful.

I would like to know about controls set up and are there missions that can be downloaded for single missions off line?

Thank you. :)

Hi!

first to deal with offline missions/campaigns

have a browse here

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/111-scripted-campaigns/

As far as controls setup there is quite a lot of info in this section, and people are always ready to help

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/82-manuals-tutorials-guides-and-tips/

Cheers, Dakpilot

Thank you. Are you the Dakpilot from over at SAS? If so we have talked before and it's nice to do so again.

Yep, still alive and kicking 

Nice to see you here! 

Lots of new processes to learn, but take it slowly and all the advice experience and info is around

Cheers, Dakpilot

On 7/7/2018 at 1:42 PM, SAS_Bombsaway said:

Thanks Dak. I'm learning slowly. Strange to be a noob again. :fly:

I am reading and laughing hard. Same boat here, now gray hair and approaching 50:)

Edited by Kandiru

Didn't want to start up another topic so I'll just ask here.

I noticed that the new Spitfires engine behaves weird at high altitudes

I reads +16 lb of boost at 6000m for the Merlin 66 at 100% throttle (472km/h) , but only ~+11 lb of boost at the same height with 100% throttel for the Merlin 70 (450km/h top speed).

I was testing to see at which altitude the Merlin 70 would come in handy, but aside from around ~3000 / 3500 meters the Merlin 66 seems to be always producing a higher top speed and the only diffrence I noticed was the diffrent lb of thrust displayed.

So, can someone please explain why this is how it is?

I am rather confused because I thought that the Merlin 70 was designed for higher altitudes., thus producing a higher top speed at height.

Hello everyone and thanks for the kind welcome. I have a question as to changing some info. I have searched this forum but as you all see it is huge so I may have just missed the thread that contains the information I am searching for.

As you can see my name comes up as: "Jasta5 J5_Sturm". I would like to have it say "J5_Sturm" only  can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance for any assistance

1 hour ago, Jasta5J5_Sturm said:

Hello everyone and thanks for the kind welcome. I have a question as to changing some info. I have searched this forum but as you all see it is huge so I may have just missed the thread that contains the information I am searching for.

As you can see my name comes up as: "Jasta5 J5_Sturm". I would like to have it say "J5_Sturm" only  can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

Hello. Just log in here and change your username https://il2sturmovik.com/account/

Ok I see what happened. My tag is already in use. I had to use different name. Thank you =L/RMad_Mikhael for your input

11 hours ago, J5_Alfred-Sturm said:

Hi J5  I think you should be able to change user name in profile.

You could try support with the same query.

Thank you Jessa_Doom. I did indeed find the issue. The name I use in my squad was already in use here in IL2. No worries I just added Sturm's first name to my tag and it worked. Thank you again for responding to my question.

Hi everyone!

I bought BoS on sale a few days ago and thought its about time I joined the BoX party (only 4 years late!)  I have quite a bit of time in RoF, but these WW2 planes are a very different kettle of fish - MUCH faster and lots more knobs! :)  Are there any good training servers still running where we can learn the basics of flying these birds from some of the old hands? I looked through the MP server list, but didnt see anything aimed at total noobs. I have done a couple of the built-in single player missions that came with BoS, and some quick missions, but there doesn't seem to be a training "campaign" like we had in RoF to teach the correct way to fly. I have picked up some stuff from watching the AI go through the missions, but there is still a lot I dont really know (what flap settings to I use for take-off and landing? when should I decrease/increase prop pitch/rpm? What mixture do I use and when? Which plane should I start with? etc) I have got to the stage where I can take off and land in the Yak 1, but I have no idea if I'm doing it right!  Where would be the best place to get started in MP and learn the best way to fly and fight? 

You are one step ahead of me Flash as all I can do in the yak is spin in a circle. I am lousy in air start but at least I am off the ground...LOL. I hope we can find the answers to your questions

14 minutes ago, J5_Alfred-Sturm said:

You are one step ahead of me Flash as all I can do in the yak is spin in a circle. I am lousy in air start but at least I am off the ground...LOL. I hope we can find the answers to your questions

:lol: yeah i totally did that the first few times I tried to taxi! Quite a rude surprise from the WW1 birds which are quite easy to taxi..  The key seems to be to not unlock the tailwheel unless you absolutely have to make a hard turn, and even then only for a few seconds otherwise its spinning time! Using the brakes on individual wheels to turn makes taxiing pretty easy most of time..

There are lots of beginner videos on youtube.  For taxi, what you've discovered about the tail wheel is true.  Only unlock for a short time.  Also though, make sure that your rpm lever is set to maximum, so you don't have as much torque.

Hello.  Just installed the whole series but I purchased only the A3 and G6 collector planes.  Do the other collector planes show up as AI flown planes in campaigns or scripted campaigns even if I dont own them?

7 minutes ago, SErobinoc said:

Hello.  Just installed the whole series but I purchased only the A3 and G6 collector planes.  Do the other collector planes show up as AI flown planes in campaigns or scripted campaigns even if I dont own them?

Yes

1 hour ago, Flashy said:

:lol: yeah i totally did that the first few times I tried to taxi! Quite a rude surprise from the WW1 birds which are quite easy to taxi..  The key seems to be to not unlock the tailwheel unless you absolutely have to make a hard turn, and even then only for a few seconds otherwise its spinning time! Using the brakes on individual wheels to turn makes taxiing pretty easy most of time..

1 hour ago, SeaSerpent said:

There are lots of beginner videos on youtube.  For taxi, what you've discovered about the tail wheel is true.  Only unlock for a short time.  Also though, make sure that your rpm lever is set to maximum, so you don't have as much torque.

Thanks for the input I am going to try that plus the left and right wheel brake. who knows i may be able to take off now...LOL

Edited by J5_Alfred-Sturm
line spacing

Hi, I just started yesterday. I am currently having troubles to hit someone, but this will take some time to learn,

However the "aiming help" feature does not work. It is bound to rCtrl+i but does nothing. Does anyone now how I can enable it? It would be nice to see a aiming marker to learn how to lead. Even more as you cannot see the two outer rings from the reticle without TrackIr.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on this and I need to ask a lot of questions as someone said at the beginning of this topic.

I have Cliff of Dover mod, and according to what I read, I can't do nothing with it, I must have a least BoS as minimum requirement, right?

In that way I can have access to public servers, I think... With CoD there are only 3 servers and are always empty, there are some radio communications about enemy planes there but I don't know if those are real contacts (AI) or just blabla...

I have finished the campaign in CoD with the Hurricane and Spitfire, need more practice of course, but what do you suggest me, please?

Thank you very much!! 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, Parsifal said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on this and I need to ask a lot of questions as someone said at the beginning of this topic.

I have Cliff of Dover mod, and according to what I read, I can't do nothing with it, I must have a least BoS as minimum requirement, right?

In that way I can have access to public servers, I think... With CoD there are only 3 servers and are always empty, there are some radio communications about enemy planes there but I don't know if those are real contacts (AI) or just blabla...

I have finished the campaign in CoD with the Hurricane and Spitfire, need more practice of course, but what do you suggest me, please?

Thank you very much!! 

Hi Persifal,

My Squadron flew a lot on Clod. If you need any help (even Clod) please feel free to get in touch

Camm

On 8/26/2018 at 8:42 AM, No.85_Camm said:

Hi Persifal,

My Squadron flew a lot on Clod. If you need any help (even Clod) please feel free to get in touch

Camm

Thank you very much!!

I do not think it has padlock but it does have aiming help. most servers do not use this option. I use it in quick missions until I learn how to lead the target.

4 hours ago, Gerson said:

Hy

Does the game have a padlock vision on target?

I cant find it in the cockpit view?

thanks

Hi Gerson.  The game does have padlock views.

To access them;  fire up your game and select Quick Mission.  Down the bottom right you'll see a button for Realism options.  Press that and select custom realism and select padlock from the column of options on the left.

Now exit that and go into game settings and under key assignments go into the Camera options and scroll down to see what the default keys are to select the various padlock options. 

:salute:

Thank you Arthur. I was steering this person wrong. Now I too know how to padlock. Thanks again

Hi all, 

Just posted in the forums for the first time today, being a rather frustrated DCS player i was looking to get my VR fix from another title and i must say that its implementation in il2 is top notch, i was very impressed! 

I do have a question though and its centers around vr and IPD settings, i was wondering if the scale can be adjusted at all as the cockpits seem a little large to me, is there any way that this can be adjusted? 

Hello Everyone,

Does the BoS has a Rearm/Refuel function?

Thanks,

25 minutes ago, Parsifal said:

Hello Everyone,

Does the BoS has a Rearm/Refuel function?

Thanks,

Does not.