=38=Tatarenko

New Players start here ...

Another "lost rookie" question.

Is there a reference/explanation article on playing with others (? MP ?MP Servers) 

Lots to learn:huh:

Thank you JimTM, very helpful indeed.

I better stay well away from MP at the moment then.  🤣

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Mike.

1 hour ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Thank you JimTM, very helpful indeed.

I better stay well away from MP at the moment then.  🤣

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Mike.

When you are comfortable and decide to jump in to MP, check out the small dots at the top of the airfield icons. One dot means that the airfield is not busy and three dots means it's busy. If you spawn in at an airfield that's not busy, you can take your time and get used to things. Even the busy airfields have lulls in the action so you can spawn in and wait for an opening. Don't wait too long though as some missions will kick you back to the map if you take too long to start moving (4 or 5 minutes is typical).

Also, you can join the Berloga dogfight server if you like, which is all air starts. Join at the air starts farthest away from the middle so you have more of a chance to set your engine and radiators up and get your bearings. You'll probably get shot down a lot at first but at least it will give you some (intense) air experience in MP.

Cheers!

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

Thank you again JimTM, all your help and advice.

Is duly noted and will be acted upon.

I used to be able to fly the 100 oct Hurricane ok in CLOD.

Both in SP & MP, although i did get shot down a lot. 😂

But the P47D is a whole new ball game.

Much appreciate your further help and advice.

Sorry cannot add a Thanks reaction, i have run out again. 😒

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953

Make sure you join a server that has map icons. I found this out the hard way my first and only time in MP. I had no idea where I was, trying to navigate with reference points I ended up flying out of the combat zone. Got turned around and did find some AAA to kill but ended up running out of gas without ever finding a fight or another plane or even where I was😎 It was still thrilling :)

18 hours ago, DocJMB said:

Another "lost rookie" question.

Is there a reference/explanation article on playing with others (? MP ?MP Servers) 

Lots to learn:huh:

To learn about MP in general, see section 14.0 on pg. 48 of the IL-2 User Manual.

To learn how to create MP missions and set up your own MP server, see pg. 38 and Chapter 11 of the mission editor manual.

Note, you can also set up a MP server from within the game but the current manual was written before that feature was added.

Edited by JimTM

Hi again boys,

any reason why i do not get a preview of the excellent skins i have downloaded.

When i want to use one in QM mode.

I get a preview with default skins, but not third party.

Thanks very much.

Mike.

41 minutes ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Hi again boys,

any reason why i do not get a preview of the excellent skins i have downloaded.

When i want to use one in QM mode.

I get a preview with default skins, but not third party.

Thanks very much.

Mike.

Its the way it is BUT if you select the aircraft you can preview the skins whilst moving the camera around the plane as it sits in the hangar (and change the loadouts ets) in the next screen

• Thanks 1

Thank you SCG_BOO, fair enough if that is the way it works.

Sorry being a bit thick. Do you mean choose the skin on the QM editor screen.

Then go back out to the hangar to view it ?

Very much appreciate your help.

Mike.

1 minute ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Thank you SCG_BOO, fair enough if that is the way it works.

Sorry being a bit thick. Do you mean choose the skin on the QM editor screen.

Then go back out to the hangar to view it ?

Very much appreciate your help.

Mike.

No worries about asking - If you select the aircraft in the QMB map screen then START youll get to the pre-mission hangar screen. click on the SET UP button in the bottom right of the screen and you can pick your loadouts and paintschemes just like you can in the first screen. Unlike the main QMB screen where you just see the official thumbnail images, in this screen the aircraft sitting in the hanger will change. I think it pretty much works this way in all situations when you can use custom skins. 

• Like 1

Brilliant thanks very much again SCG_BOO.

I didn't realise the aircraft could be customised from the hangar screen.

Your help is again much appreciated.

Mike.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:45 AM, Falcon41 said:

Thanks for your reply; however, I’ve entered the default keys as you suggested and have yet to see the red icon in the top right corner or any track files to view.  I’m a bit confused as to why I can’t record any flights!

I think I remember seeing an option somewhere, whether to record tracks or not. I may be wrong - it's a long time since I did any set-up or config changes and my grey cells are only getting greyer! Might have been in another sim, but I think it was IL-2.

Edited by Brixmis
spellling

Hello everyone and thank you for the welcome I would like to buy a game on an online site or a price is quite attractive it is from 25.22 Euros (reduction of - 46%) but I wonder if I play the whole game or just an activation key but it is necessary in addition to buy the game? A small copied / pasted Product Platform Region Delivery Price IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad PC Steam Immediate World 25.22 € Transaction fees: 0.76 € Use my credits IG -0.00 € Total: € 25.98 I have read and accept the terms of sale. Thank you for attending one of your answers fairly quickly, please Thank you in advance

secure2.png

secure2.png

Edited by maroki

I was captured while playing career mode. Is there any way to go back in time and replay my unsuccessful mission? :(

Hi,

I'm new to this and apologize in advance for going about things in the wrong way. I'm playing IL-2 BoS in VR with the Oculus rift and the frame rate is locked at 45. I believe this is ASW. I have tried creating a profile in Oculus tray tool, in debug, and using control numpad 1 to disable it. None of them worked. Can someone please help me fix it? Also how do you play IL-2 and Steam VR for that matter without Oculus home as I believe it may be negatively impacting on my performance. Also does anyone have any other tips on improving VR performance? I can't seem to disable reprojection either. Thanks in advance.

Matt

I've been absent for some years, last I played HSFX and UP3 were "the thing". Hope to get some time to fly again.

• Upvote 1

Tully from the old UBI boards? Hope to see you around, your advice helped me a lot back then. Cheers.

17 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

Tully from the old UBI boards? 

Yep, that's me. I'm rather rusty though and it may be me asking for help for a bit.

Really dumb question but i have tried to work this out last couple of days.

My BOS, BOM & BOK are all the premium editions with added collector aircraft.

I can't work out with owning those extra aircraft, what i am still missing to own in regards the other collector purchases.

Any help to get rid of this thumping headache, would be most welcome please. 👍

Mike.

9 minutes ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Really dumb question but i have tried to work this out last couple of days.

My BOS, BOM & BOK are all the premium editions with added collector aircraft.

I can't work out with owning those extra aircraft, what i am still missing to own in regards the other collector purchases.

Any help to get rid of this thumping headache, would be most welcome please. 👍

Mike.

You are Missing the U-2VS, LA-5FN, BF 109 G-6, Ju 52 and the Yak-1b

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much [GG]Sarpalaxan.

Your help is much appreciated.

I will make a note of what i need.

Thank you again.

Mike.

Hello everyone,

I've recently acquired some new flight controls (TM A-10 HOTAS Joystick, Weapons Control Sys, and pedal) attached to a fairly descent custom PC.  While I have a RIFT VR system, I haven't tried it with IL-2 as of yet, instead trusting in my Track IR.  I have been a member for many years, but never progressed very far.  The new PC, controls, software updates, and just as significant, the maturity of this forum have made the sim much more responsive and enjoyable.  I have barely scratched at all the sim has to offer, but love what I have experienced so far. 

I find myself spending much time reviewing this forum and have found so many interesting and helpful posts.  One of which was the idea of setting up custom scenarios to practice combat.  I must confess, I haven't done that as of yet, but I continue to perform the combat missions and experiment with the Realistic mode in these missions more and more.  I continue to tweak my control settings to make things more intuitive and am feeling more and more comfortable with my taxing, take offs, landings and touch and goes.  Navigation, flight discipline, and situational awareness are all sub par.

Not sure if I am quite ready for a squadron or multi-user combat, but would welcome the opportunity to do some joint flying exercises if anyone would like to share some non-competitive flight time.

Best regards,

Dave

(Wanderer37)

Edited by Wanderer37

8 hours ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Anyone who has been around BoX for a lot longer than i have.

Know why the Hurricane isn't included in any of the first 3 modules, please.

There seems a reasonable reason for them to be included in combat on the Eastern Front.

https://vvsairwar.com/2018/06/20/the-soviet-unions-hawker-hurricanes/

Mike.

It was felt that it was not competitive enough so nobody would fly it.  That would make it a waste of development time.    Just look at how many people refuse to fly early war maps amd how few fly Laggs or I16s or even Migs.

• Upvote 1

Oh dear, i would have flown nothing else buddy.

Many thanks for the explanation though.

Seems to me it is all a bit one-sided and unrealistic then.

Considering from the info in that link, they were supplied Lend Lease 1941 - 44

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Mike.

13 hours ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Anyone who has been around BoX for a lot longer than i have.

Know why the Hurricane isn't included in any of the first 3 modules, please.

There seems a reasonable reason for them to be included in combat on the Eastern Front.

https://vvsairwar.com/2018/06/20/the-soviet-unions-hawker-hurricanes/

Mike.

Hi Dogbert1953.

It may have something to do with the reality that in WWII the Hurricanes we supplied to Russia were not liked by the russian flyers.

Why i do not know that the games dev's have the same attitude, maybe there's mods out there of Hurries.

They must be in the Cliffs of Dover game .

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Hi Jessa_Doom,

yeah i read they were not well liked, buddy.

But for realism sake they should be in there, with over 2000 supplied under Lend lease.

And used in the Stalingrad theatre and air defence of Moscow.

CLOD has Hurries, just been flying one. There are a couple included, i prefer the Rotol 100.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Mike.

3 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Hi Dogbert1953.

It may have something to do with the reality that in WWII the Hurricanes we supplied to Russia were not liked by the russian flyers.

They liked them a lot more than they liked the Spitfire and we have that.

2 hours ago, Dogbert1953 said:

Hi Jessa_Doom,

yeah i read they were not well liked, buddy.

But for realism sake they should be in there, with over 2000 supplied under Lend lease.

And used in the Stalingrad theatre and air defence of Moscow.

CLOD has Hurries, just been flying one. There are a couple included, i prefer the Rotol 100.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Mike.

Yep agree if were there in WWII then they should be in the game.

2 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

They liked them a lot more than they liked the Spitfire and we have that.

Hi i've been trying to find a video i watched sometime back about the Russians not liking the Hurricane but i think it's been removed.

If some Russians did like or not liked the Hurry it still should be in the game it's part of the historical fact the game is based on.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Why i do not know that the games dev's have the same attitude, maybe there's mods out there of Hurries.

It's all about time, money, and resources, just like with everything else that's proposed with the game - not some perceived like or dislike on the part of the developers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dogbert1953 said:

I am confused now. 😞  😞

Mike.

Hi do not be confused it just shows that the games developers do not want to be HISTORICAL correct and also shown how disrespectful they are towards history.

There are many games out there that leave out the most well known and recognized vehicles, planes, and ships that they say is part of their games historical event. 

1 minute ago, LukeFF said:

It's all about time, money, and resources, just like with everything else that's proposed with the game - not some perceived like or dislike on the part of the developers.

Agree money talks then they are losing a lot of money if they are not fully correct in their definition of history. 

• Haha 2

If I recall correctly, back then there was a poll here and in the russian forum, whether the Moscow Premium planes should be P-40 or Hurricane and MC.202 or IAR80. 

Edited by JG4_dingsda

2 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Hi do not be confused it just shows that the games developers do not want to be HISTORICAL correct and also shown how disrespectful they are towards history.

There are many games out there that leave out the most well known and recognized vehicles, planes, and ships that they say is part of their games historical event. 

Agree money talks then they are losing a lot of money if they are not fully correct in their definition of history. 

Seriously? 

Which aircraft on Soviet/lend lease side  should have been dropped to make room for Hurricane then? 

Am sure we would have all liked to have all 30-40 aircraft types present in each BoM/BoS/etc. Scenario. But who is going to be paying (or waiting) for all that development/work

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Hello, new guy here. I got the BOK with the Havoc scripted missions and enjoying the missions a lot. I tried the tank mission and when i started it the screen went all black and the only way i could get out of it was through the task manager and sign out. What am i doing wrong? thank you in advance

New Player Question:

I bought BOS, BOM, BOK and a few other additions on Steam before I realized I should have bought everything through the store here.  I contacted Steam to get the keys to link here and get the associated badges. 

Here's the message I received:

Hi Eric,

No CD keys are included with the below Steam purchases: 

IL-2 Sturmovik: P-40E-1 Collector Plane 
IL-2 Sturmovik: Bf 109 G-6 Collector Plane 
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban 
IL-2 Sturmovik: Blazing Steppe 
IL-2 Sturmovik: MC.202 Collector Plane

All purchases made through Steam are registered to your Steam Account. You will not be required to install with an installation discs or enter a CD Key at any point in time while using these DLCs when purchased directly through Steam. 

I see these DLCs were added to your account. They won't show up separately in your Library. Instead, they will be automatically added to the base game. 

Whenever you're not sure about owning a DLC, you can check it by right-clicking the base game in your Library and selecting "View downloadable content". Some DLCs need you to play the game further to access the content, so if you see the DLC in the list but you don't see it in the game, get in touch with the game's support to find out how to access it. 

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Steam Support
Cailen

How are folks linking their Steam purchases to get the respective badges?