SYN_Jedders

SYNDICATE Expert Server

Thanks coconut, keep in mind this mission is basically testing a template for a MP semi-dynamic campaing. Still to be seen if to be used in a public server or for coops against other squads. So the travelling time can be changed in the future.

Hi all,

Syndicate Full real server will open back to the general public this Sunday. Keep in mind that our idea is to open access to it only on Sundays since we do not own a rented server anymore.

At what time it will be open?? It's under discussion right now but expect Sunday afternoon UTC.

I will post more info about the mission later this week.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

Hi all,

A little update for this Sunday so all knowns what to expect.

It will consist in 6 objective for each side, first to get them all win. Only 2 of those objectives will be shown at any given time, as they will be assigned after the destruction of the previous one. Also 1 enemy objective will be shown so it can be defended.

Thanks to SYN_Vander we will using recon flights. Note that its a "simple" logic so in order to complete the recon you will have to stay a certain time above the target. Since I didnt have time to fully implement Vander group, this time around it will only be use like a secondary objective to unlocks planes (190, La5) and increase the number of already limited planes (Yak and 109Fs).

Expect AAA not only at objectives and no short flight times.

More later....

Hi all,

Server will be up later today (hopefully as usual around 6-7 GMT) with a new mission, sorry for the short notice. The main new features are the new recons, low alt and high alt ones, how to performace this task which in this mission will show up targets if finished correctly and bring in new set of planes?:

Low alt: Get to one end of the marked recon área at an alt below 500m and follow instructions given by subtitles.

High Alt: Same as above but with an mínimum altitude of 2000m.

Its the first mission where we use this so please test it since I only could test one of the phases, there are 2 of them.

Hi all,

New mission for next Sunday is on the works, I decided to change couple of things...to start with, It wont be over the city of Stalingrad anymore.

Also to be present:

- High and low altittude Recon tasks.

- Ground objectives for both attack planes and bombers

- Resuppy of planes by flying transports (old one)

- Shorter flight times

And couple more I am thinking of...

Remember the missions will be only up on Sundays, normally at 6PM UTC the server is up.

Cheers

Hi all,

Im sorry all but I couldnt finish the mission in time for tomorrow. The mission is way more complex that I thought and something got a lot of my lil free time away from the ME (see our fórum for more info if wanted). It will be ready for next week for sure.

Cheers

Will the Syndicate server ever return? I heard a lot of good things about it but never got to fly in it :( Started flying after it went down.

Hi Hans,

Sorry for the delay.

To answer you question. As today, No it wont return. We at the SYN are now (its comes and goes) centered in coop style play so maybe when Im done with Fritz Life I might make some MP missions for us or even an event, will see.

Haash

Today we are running our 10 mission coop campaign on our public server. Just a heads-up, since the coop list is usually empty so I guess no-one bothers to check 😉

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Thanks 4

Hi everyone. After creating a number of Coop missions/campaigns I again realized how much work it is to create (bug free!) missions. So the last 2 weeks I spent working on a dynamic/random mission generator using a Python script. I have to say the results are encouraging and I might do a lot more with my newly acquired programming skills :) (a simplified mission creator perhaps?).

In any case, I put up 12 randomly generated coop missions on our server. If you like this sort of thing, please check them out and post any feedback in this thread.

Remember, you can play on your own, together with friends or even player vs player. Everything is possible.

I will continue to work on the mission generator, adding features and scenarios.

Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Very good news Vander.

Does it generate coop and dogfight mission, or just coop mission ?

Coop missions. Consider this a niche server for coop gameplay up to 16 players. There are number of good dynamic Dogfight servers already I think.

Ideally (at least in my vision) we would have a number of these servers/ coop missions scaling up automatically based on match-making. :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Coop missions. Consider this a niche server for coop gameplay up to 16 players. There are number of good dynamic Dogfight servers already I think.

Ideally (at least in my vision) we would have a number of these servers/ coop missions scaling up automatically based on match-making. :)

Ok. Maybe later, you could add the option to choose wich kind of mission you want generating.

13 hours ago, Habu said:

Ok. Maybe later, you could add the option to choose wich kind of mission you want generating.

Yes, once all the functionality is in place it shouldn’t be too hard too generate other mission types based on a different template.

I updated the mission generator. Now 15 missions on the server, running in chronological order. I'll try to run the server on every Sunday.

Known issue: Due to a bug in the IL2 missionresaver the briefings are corrupted/not shown. Workaround: look on the map and hover over the " Attack" waypoint. A pop-up will appear showing the objective.

Edited by SYN_Vander

Didn't realize that there was a problem with empty .list files. It should be corrected now.

Today again 15 fresh coop missions on our server. The missions are in chronological order, spanning sep-nov 1942 in the Stalingrad area.

Fixes/changes:

-less frequent overcast (was 1:5)

-Lines move with date

-Airfields change depending on date

Later today I hope to release a coop mission generator with simple GUI.

• Upvote 1

And again, today we'll run 15 freshly generated missions for the Stalingrad 1942 Coop Campaign (sep-nov).

• Upvote 1

I just went into the server to take a look and all it allowed me to do was fly a  Stuka or FW190.   Does it not allow you to fly Red or does it alternate between Red & Blue missions each map (or did I miss something)?

Oh dear, must have goofed something up because of my mission generator update. Unfortunately, I can’t fix this until this evening!

So, for now Axis only!

16 new Stalingrad missions on the server, now spanning september-december 1942.

Simply check the Coop server list and it should be there. I saw some players online this morning, so at least then it worked!

OOOOOO awesome! Do they follow a historical order? Like going from Stalingrad to Kuban or are they random?

Hi Vander

I was today on your server and it is very nice and i did enjoy it a lot and i was looking for something like that for long time.

And i notice couple things that can be improved in my opinion.

Fist need to remove 3rd person views completely and second need to add some more AI at the moment missions feels very empty and it would be nice to increase they skill level, because fighting AI don't give any challenge they fly in strait line or in level turn.

But that is my opinion don't take personal, apart that mission are very nice and enjoyable

i assume it is, there is full engine controls and management, there is no gps marker. from my experience it is like any other good realistic servers but this have all camera controls. I assume he will remove eventually all external cameras

Posted (edited)

hello. when i join the server i have a panoramic view. does it mean the mission is started ?

Edited by vaucouleurs

1 hour ago, vaucouleurs said:

hello. when i join the server i have a panoramic view. does it mean the mission is started ?

Probably yes. You can use chat to ask to the others how long the mission will last.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Papa_Bear said:

Hi Vander

I was today on your server and it is very nice and i did enjoy it a lot and i was looking for something like that for long time.

And i notice couple things that can be improved in my opinion.

Fist need to remove 3rd person views completely and second need to add some more AI at the moment missions feels very empty and it would be nice to increase they skill level, because fighting AI don't give any challenge they fly in strait line or in level turn.

But that is my opinion don't take personal, apart that mission are very nice and enjoyable

Thanks. I will check the settings on these missions. You can set the chance of getting intercepted by enemy in the mission generator. If set to high there *should* be 100% chance that enemy fighters will look for you near the objective area. In total there are some 32 planes flying around in any mission.

The 3rd person view I can turn off if this is desired. Note that you can’t simply see all planes. You need to be in the same area.

Also, spectaters will not be able to see anything with 3rd person view turned off, so there will be nothing to do if you crash early or join late. Although, maybe I can use some static cameras for that.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1

i notice as well a lot of people turning up for the missions but jumping of because there is no join in progress for the missions. is there possibility to include join in progress or that is something not possible?