SYN_Jedders

SYNDICATE Expert Server

It was nice to have you for a ride Haashashin last wednesday, as you could see the flak is quite deadly, but it was my fault I made a mistake leading back home.

I think Habu/Phoenix sent you the bugs we all reported.

The mission is very pleasent, I guess we'll have to retest it

Thanks Luny,

It was a nice raid that give me some nice views from that top gunner position ;)

Il-22015-01-1618-31-03-98_zps723e8adc.pn

I got a lil scare at that take off but all went good at the end ;)

Il-22015-01-1618-31-43-11_zpsd6495555.pn

That flak is working is good news, I will reduce it a lil over objectives but will get stronger at airfields. Phoenix sent me everything and Im almost done changing/fixing things. About another test, we will see, since the bugs were minor ones and I think is very much ready for public. Of course I can allways give it to Phoenix so you guys can fly it on wednesdays.

Thanks to all French community for their time and effort.

You're more than welcome if you need to test the next mission you're brewing up

I wasnt aware we were so close on take off, we decided to have  more secure distances on the second flight.

Welcome on board, refreshments ? ;)

Luny the next step is to implement the new mission logic to all missions. After that I'm currently looking for info about any certain day of the battle to do a Vintage Mission with another mission logic I got. And in some point between those two we will link the missions so winning a map will upload a certain map.

I will contact you guys when I need the VM to be tested, mind you I don't know when all this will happen since I'm moving countries next month.

Hello.

Sorry for newbie-ish question. I was looking for supply column @454.9

2W5tNmH.jpg

but to no avail. I was going back and forth from "Trudovoy poselok N3" to Tsybenko looking left and right in the field but failed to find it. Instead I had to drop 2x100 on fuel depot in "Trudovoy poselok N3". BTW 2x100 kg bombs did not kill any fuel depots???

Pls tell me where is that supply column could be found?

I was going back and forth from "Trudovoy poselok N3" to Tsybenko looking left and right in the field but failed

Hi impulse,

I can't look at it right now, will do this afternoon and will tell you for sure where they are heading cus I have doubts about it,they may be going East and not North.

And about the depot, with a direct hit I guess the answer should be yes, but I actually don't fly that much to test so maybe someone else can answer you there.

Edit: Took a look at it. They are actually moving East to Gavriloyka.

Edit: Took a look at it. They are actually moving East to Gavriloyka.

Hello.

Nice. Thanks for info. Is it possible to have columns direction show on map or in game chat messages as intelligence? Or make them move on the roads which would be logical for cars.

PS. Is server down as of 18:30 GMT?

Edited by impulse200

Yeah it's possible, I'm in process of adapting the missions with new logic so it will be changed and most probably they will be on road ;)

New mission is ready and online.

Big Thanks to the French community for testing this mission prior to going public in our server.

Its the first one to have winning conditions applied. Destroy all objectives and your side will win and mission will rotate.

The AAA had been reworked and hopefully now is less resource hungry, also I wont recommend to do any low pass over enemy objectives ;) .

Since the markers still not working, the already achieved objectives will be marked with a smoke column. Test didnt report any FPS loss caused by this but if it happens can be easily changed.

I think that everybody that had fly on our RoF server will reconize the mission structure very easily...

Hope you guys have fun!!

Russian objectives:

-Objective A: Destroy 3 trucks columns leaving Marinovka. 2 heading West and 1 South.

-Objective B: Protect the tanks assaulting Marinovka, destroy Germans defensive positions.

-Objective C: Bomb and destroy de Train parts Factory at Sovetsky

-Objective D: Destroy de Fuel dump at Businovka.

-Objective E: Destroy the industrial complex located at Ryumino-Krasnoyaski.

-Objective F: Aniquilate the enemy artillery Southwest of Nov. Raganchik.

Germans Objectives:

-Objective A: Destroy the 3 brigdes around Nov. Raganchik. 

-Objective B: Destroy  the tanks reiforcenment coming from Basargino.

-Objective C: Destroy the fuel depot South of Kuzmichy.

-Objective D: Destroy 2 trucks columns coming West from Stalingrad to Basargino airfield and 1 going North to Stalingrad from Beketovka.

-Objective E: Destroy the industrial complex at Rybovodny

-Objectiva F: Aniquilate the artillery South of Nov. Raganchik

Secondary objectives: There are other opportunity objectives not marked on the map for both side such as trains and trucks convoys.

Edit: Couple bugs founded, new version will be ready tomorrow.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Bugs founds
  • Upvote 1

New version ready.

Only change was a lil bug fix on the AAA.

Also since the others missions will be out of the rotation untill I get the time to add to all of them the winning conditions, 4 different sets of the mission will be up (different weather and day time).

If you find any bug or see any performance issue, please let me know.

Enjoy!

You guys have a terrific server and I had lot of fun in there. Hats off to you guys for keeping it running. :salute:

I have a question. Could you guys post some advisory in the briefing, or when the server is running, asking people to not ram bombers on purpose?

It happened to me three times in the last four days and the last guy even laughed about it, saying he's just fooling around.  

It takes all the fun from flying big heavy bombers. What's the point to go halfway around the map, just to have a guy too lazy to aim down the sights, crashing into the plane "for fun".

I think ramming bombers intentionally, got to be the most lame thing anyone can do in a flight sim and unfortunately the "tactic" is very trendy this days.

No need to police it, Maybe just put a line in the briefing, so everybody  knows, it's not as fun as they may think for someone flying a bomber. It's just a wasted half an hour.

The more it happens, the fewer players will fly bombers.

Edited by Jaws2002

Jaws, you think these people read the brief ? :rolleyes:

Challenge them in chat as you did and let us know the time and day, (we log all chat) we can then keep an eye on it and if necessary they take a vacation from our server. We do not have many rules on the server, but deliberate collisions is something we do frown upon.

Here is the summary of the evening of 01/21/15 on your new mission

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14266-compte-rendu-mission-syndicat-du-210115-serveur-vercingetori/

Love it :)

Apologies if this has been asked before.  Is there any way of finding out which objectives are still there to be hit, rather than asking on chat and maybe or maybe not getting a response?

von Tom

I think the targets that are destroyed have smoke plumes over them. No way as yet of having active targets on a map. Hopefully soon.

Edited by SYN_Jedders

I think the targets that are destroyed have smoke plumes over them. No way as yet of having active targets on a map. Hopefully soon.

Exactly what he said ;)

Thanks. I'm hoping for something like a console command that can tell you the state of play.

von Tom

Due to my move to another country, Germany, I havent been able to work with the missions in rotation. As soon as I get an internet conection I will resume my work with the missions.

See ya all!!

After some crazy weeks and moving back home, I'm now back to business and will publish new missions very soon.

Good to hear, hope you enjoyed your stay in Deutschland :salute:

Hopefully player numbers will increase again with new missions being fleshed out on your server.

Is there a legend showing what the various icons mean on a map?  It's not clear if some depict where something is, may be or is going to and so on.

Thanks for a great time.

von Tom

Hey boys and girls I haven't given up on the skin pack for this server yet. I am in school so that is taking most of my time. I am taking next semester off though!

Hi all,

The Air Bridge mission is back!! (Well it will be back tonight ;))Fresh out some elements and added the objective logic to it. Now Im in the process of adapting the other 2 missions that were in rotation before.

The Air Bridge

Weather conditions: Wind at ground level: NNE, 3 meters per second

Cloud cover: Light/Medium

Objectives: Each side will have 5 objectives to achieve

Russian objectives:  

-Objective A: Gain air superiority over the pocket and destroy at least 15 German transports planes

-Objective B: Destroy 4 bridges. 2 at Nizhne Chirskaya and 1 NE and 1 SE of it

-Objective C: Protect our tanks assaulting the pocket from the SE. Destroy their artillery

-Objective D: Destroy de Fuel dump at Peschanka

-Objective E: Destroy the industrial complex located at Lipovskiy

Germans Objectives:

-Objective A: Continuos resupply of Pitomnik. 15 planes needed to be achieved 

-Objective B: Destroy the industrial complex at Ivahovka

-Objective C: Help our tank to break the pocket at the NE of it. Destroy their antitank artillery

-Objective D: Destroy de supply depot located at Burkovsky

-Objective E: Destroy 5 trains. They are leaving from the train station west of Osadnaya balka

Secondary objectives: There are other opportunity objectives not marked on the map for both side such as trains and trucks convoys.

NOTE: Achieved objectives will be marked by smoke columns.<br><br>

Hi,

The Air Bridge have a new version, it will be up soon. Fixed a bug found on both Tanks offensives.

Also work on The Battle for Shkolniy new version is already on. This new version will include some Recon Missions, mind you is a simple one but its a start, thanks to Habu for this one.

Hi all,

Tomorrow we will have the new Battle for Shkolniy version. As the lastest ones, it will include the objectives (see spoiler) logic. Also we will be testing a new recon mission, in this case it will be only the Russians having to do it (using an empty il2). Perfoming this mission which consist in flying 2 complete legs on the marked area at 2500m or more (note that you can start the recon either from the North or the South in this case) and returning back to the base and park the plane back to the starting point (aprox). This will liberate Bombers and more ground attack planes at another airfield. Since this is a test I did a simple one, all of those who flew on RoF will recognize this logic ;).

I added couple of notes to the briefing so It would be perfect if you can read it.

The Battle for Shkolniy

Weather conditions:Wind at ground level: 199 degrees, 5 meters per second

Cloud cover: Light/Medium

Objectives:Each side will have 6 objectives to achieve

Russian objectives:

-Objective A: Destroy the fuel dump West of Bolshaya Rossoshka

-Objective B: Destroy the supply depot West of karpovka airfield .

-Objective C: Destroy at least 5 trains leaving Marinovka town.

-Objective D: Destroy the tanks heading to Basargino from Stalinsky.

-Objective E: Destroy 3 out of 4 bridges around Nov. Raganchik.

-Objective F: Destroy the industrial complex located at Tsybenko.

Additional objectives/missions: Perform the recon mission to add bombers to the roster and be able to complete all objectives.IMP: Prevent that Germans accomplish all their objectives.

Germans Objectives:

-Objective A: Protect the tanks doing a offensive attack over Shkolniy. Before the offensive is launched, Basargino airfield need to be resupply at least once (5 He111). Destroy their defensive line!!

-Objective B: Destroy the supply depot Southwest of Akatovka.

-Objective C: Destroy the middle section of the brigdes (4) over the Volga located East of Grishim airfield.

-Objective D: Destroy 5 trains. Leaving from the train station west of Osadnaya Balka.

-Objective E: Destroy the Industrial complex locate at Krasnoarmeysk.

-Objective F: Destroy de supply depot located at Krasnaya Sloboda.

Additional objectives/missions:Prevent that Russians accomplish all their objectives.

Oportunities objectives: There are other opportunity objectives not marked on the map for both side such as trains and trucks convoys. NOTE: Achieved objectives will be marked by smoke columns.

• Upvote 1

Good to know.

Haashashin, why don't you use PE2 for recon instead of IL2. The Recon unit were on PE2. Maybe there were on IL2, but i don't know for them.

Habu in this case I think that using Pe2s without locking the loadouts (to have an empty Pe2, so it cant be used for anything else than recon) will kinda kill the recon mission purpose, this time around as with other mission logics it wont matter. In this case people will use the Pe2 to bomb the objectives and most probably dont do the recon, I can be very wrong about this anyways :). As this is only a test I decided to use IL2s to be able to release Pe2s after the recon is succesfull. If everything works as intended, everything can be triggered.

Next mission the recon wont be for resupply of planes but to activate a objective, then I will get back to using Pe2s for it.

If we found it odd or something we can allways change it on the go.

Yes your right. It's something we must think if we don't lock the payload.

Edited by Habu

Mission is ready. I did couple of changes, like the altittude needed to do the recon, now is 1000m or more.

Im gonna start working in a new mission for next Thurday Fly-In, where the orders to both sides will be given by subtitles. And objectives will be changing during the mission (mind you I can not active/desactive the icons on the map)

Habu in this case I think that using Pe2s without locking the loadouts (to have an empty Pe2, so it cant be used for anything else than recon) will kinda kill the recon mission purpose

Yes your right. It's something we must think if we don't lock the payload.

Payloads cannot be locked at the moment, it simply doesn't lock anything...at least it won't lock on any server I've tried. If you got it working, you know something everyone else doesn't.

Edited by AbortedMan