SYN_Jedders

SYNDICATE Expert Server

To global state "more clouds" as a solution isnt a good idea. IRL there wasnt many clouds all the time as well.

I agree flak could be stronger on the places of BOTH sides. There are russians hovering over german places sometimes as well...

I think the solution to have the same map with diffrent weather/cloudsettings in the mapcycle on the map is really a good idea! The cycle should, if possible be randomized.

Now for my questions regarding the server:

1. In future will SYN support custom skins? If yes how do you plan on realizing that? Some sort of approval system like there was in ROF?

2. If 1 = yes then will SYN feature its own serverstatistics?

3. Will anytime soon refuel and rearm be implemented? If yes, is already known how this will work?

Thanks!!!

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Winger I think you are confusing SYN with DEVS, we are just players like you, so cannot answer your questions, I have read that someone is developing third party stats, don't know who but it is not Vaal, as to skins, I have no idea, I suspect we will only be running an official server so whatever we can do I guess, same as our ROF server.

Personally I prefer the ROF approach of approved skins for mods off server, that way it is up to the player to decide if they want custom skins or even which ones they want to show up.

Thanks for the answer.

I REALLY hope the devs reconsider and implement a ROF like skin approoval system. Custom skins are just such an important part of combat flightsims.

I am not 100% sure if there has been made a FINAL decision on this. Do you know?

I think it is a long road to get where we want to get, the game will continue to be developed as we go along, I cannot see custom skins being excluded, based on previous work by the DEVS, but that is just my opinion, I know the same as you, what I read here.

Quick report about my flying today : 

1)

There was an invisible plane ... but just for myself. A wingman of me was chasing him, I saw him firing, he told me he was 100meters behind it .... but I NEVER SAW IT (I was 200 meters behind him) ... nor the flames etc... This was very strange.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with server settings ? Or game engine ?  

2) 

AAA seems very strange, sometime they are sniper, most of the time they seem to be neurasthenic incompetent and drunk. I saw a single 109, lurking between 3K and the ground, over Grishin for almost 15 minutes. He was in the middle of flak, but nothing happen at all :(
I admit sometime it feels way better... but this one was just incredible.

Question : could it be linked to the number of AAA there is around the field ? Or just script and parameters issue ? 

Thanks anyway for the good time I always have in your sky 

:salute:

What is really important is to know:

- what are the winning conditions? For instance: destroy X1% of target Y1 and X2% of target y2.

- if this winning condition was already achieved for each target.

It is realistic because there had been recce mission to evaluate damage done with reporting back. So the planners knew if a target needed a second go or not.

It is important to actually win a map. Otherwise we end up with ppl attacking targets that have already been done.

I also suggest to have another VVS place with yak available. With server full we have double spawns at the southern place resulting in the death of two pilots because they spawn at the same place. As many like to fly the yak, the southern place becomes overcrowded with all spawn places taken.

Another thing: 

I attacked the fuel dump in the south on German side and hit the fuel tanks but got no ground target awarded. Maybe it is because of the point system still buggy or maybe it needs some tweaking by mission builders. From old IL2 times it was nice to put in several lorries inside static objects that needs to be destroyed.

Edited by sturmkraehe

AAA seems very strange, sometime they are sniper, most of the time they seem to be neurasthenic incompetent and drunk. I saw a single 109, lurking between 3K and the ground, over Grishin for almost 15 minutes. He was in the middle of flak, but nothing happen at all :(

I admit sometime it feels way better... but this one was just incredible.

AAA have the higher IA level possible, High. Its weird to see 5 MGs and 2 Flak guns with High IA shooting at a single plane and not hitting a thing. I guess is as result of people complains about its efficiencie at the start of the EA. I still remember the debate about it. I will add more Flak guns and only place 2 MGs or so.

Also an IA plane should be protecting the airfields in the next version, well protect, at least put up a fight.

What is really important is to know:

- what are the winning conditions? For instance: destroy X1% of target Y1 and X2% of target y2.

There are winning conditions, but as we only have one test mission up, this winning conditions do not count for next mission (will do soon, hopefully). I will make them clearer on the mission description.

- if this winning condition was already achieved for each target.

Markers should display when mission objectives are achieved in the next versions.

I attacked the fuel dump in the south on German side and hit the fuel tanks but got no ground target awarded. Maybe it is because of the point system still buggy or maybe it needs some tweaking by mission builders. From old IL2 times it was nice to put in several lorries inside static objects that needs to be destroyed.

To get point you need to destroy the whole thing, IIRC, I will add subs and a marker to let people know that the objective is destroyed. If then you get no points, I guess is the point system. Have to test.

I throw bombs and bombs on fuel dumps and get no ground targets as reward. This is highly frustrating and demotivating.

I suggest to place more ground targets - also inside the buildings of the fuel dumps to have people who go for ground targets get their reward. Currently it is easier to get reward by dogfighting. And little to no reward for ground pounders for more effort and more risk taken.

Edited by sturmkraehe

We had a great time on your server today! I led a four man dive bombing mission intended to strike at a convoy, we didn't find it and so we diverted to an nearby enemy airfield which we bombed instead. I really like how lively you've made the airfields look, with lots of planes and other stuff. Unfortunate we didn't inflict any serious damage to the base thanks to our poor aiming, we also lost two brave men to flak and fighter activity during the attack. :salute:

Id like to see LA-5s and FWs too. Not that those are uberplanes but would increase the diversity a little.

S!

Id like to see LA-5s and FWs too. Not that those are uberplanes but would increase the diversity a little.

S!

This would be very nice indeed :)

I agree. Not historical but would add diversity. The F4 is the über plane, not the fw190, so....

I was also recently thinking that it may be not a good idea to have mission objectives that can only be destroyed by bombs and weapons that need to be unlocked. If so a side that has the bad luck that it is unwinnable if no player with the appropriate unlocks or if those with appropriate unlocks are unwilling to go for the targets.

I was also recently thinking that it may be not a good idea to have mission objectives that can only be destroyed by bombs and weapons that need to be unlocked. If so a side that has the bad luck that it is unwinnable if no player with the appropriate unlocks or if those with appropriate unlocks are unwilling to go for the targets.

Our missions has allways been objectives based so I dont see that changing at all. I cant think of an objective that cant be bombed with standard bomb load, different story is if you want to take out the depots out with fighter or take that depot in just 1 bomb run.

New version is in the works, probably done for next dserver update.

Had some nice flying today. Wind and weather were good enought and I'm happy you changed it (or I just got into the normal mission this time :biggrin: )

2 Things I noticed today:

1. AAA showed some very strange behaviour on both sides. It's logic is bugged, I've been flying along the Pitomnik airfield for more than 2 min before they started shooting, than an invisible shot ripped my whole tailplane off. There were no tracers nor sounds and if I hadn't entered a steep dive I actually hadn't noticed AAA reacted on me.

Also AAA on the german south western fuel dump is bugged. After performing a dive attack with my Pe-2 and pulling up they first didn't shoot at all, than started cross firing at the position I came form during the dive while I was heading low and fast to RTB.

2. I've noticed a Bf 109 prop standing on the Kuzmich airfield o the righthand taxiway from parking position. Is this an easter egg or intendet? (If first pls edit my post ;) ).

5tuka' timestamp='1413229647' post='178938'] Also AAA on the german south western fuel dump is bugged. After performing a dive attack with my Pe-2 and pulling up they first didn't shoot at all, than started cross firing at the position I came form during the dive while I was heading low and fast to RTB.

Yes I had the same experience there....but also on the northern fuel dump AAA seems to shoot randomly sometimes...

im experiencing bad performance on your server since a few days. especially in target area and with planes nearby. i'm a little sad i can't enjoy flying like a was used to be. did you increase number of vehicles/aa or other stuff that maybe kills fps on lower systems?

im experiencing bad performance on your server since a few days. especially in target area and with planes nearby. i'm a little sad i can't enjoy flying like a was used to be. did you increase number of vehicles/aa or other stuff that maybe kills fps on lower systems?

I think the weather is what changed mainly, check if you get it on a clear day mission, I think the missions are all the same just time of day and cloud cover/weather changed.

it came after the change of weather and i don't have these problems on other servers. fps goes down almost 50% if a plane gets near. thats annoying if you want to kill that plane. :)

hm i'll keep testing. anyways thanks for the quick answer.

it came after the change of weather and i don't have these problems on other servers. fps goes down almost 50% if a plane gets near. thats annoying if you want to kill that plane. :)

hm i'll keep testing. anyways thanks for the quick answer.

Ouch that is a problem, I wonder if it is anything to do with the graphic glitch of other aircraft against clouds.

sorry maybe i wasn't precise. the change of weather went well, in fact i liked it very much to fly with these big clouds. the fps breakdown came later. maybe 3 or 4 days ago.

Not sure then, may have been the update on Friday? But I think we changed the missions on Saturday.

Hope the server stays up, if it goes down we will probably need a new dserver, which will happen tomorrow I guess.

tried to bomb some trucks, the bomb landed next to the trucks and nothing happened, over on the FOB where the tanks are.

Cannot help you there, hopefully Haash will pick it up.

Server updated and new dserver deployed.

Awesome, thanks gents!

tried to bomb some trucks, the bomb landed next to the trucks and nothing happened, over on the FOB where the tanks are.

Will take a look a it. Thanks.

still no answer to La5 (and maybe 190) ?

Will place a limited number of both but I can't say they will be there when we launch the campaign.

Will COBOL limited number of both but I can't say they will be there when we launch the campaign.

ok, nice, no worries, just wanted to know what you have planned :salute:  (and was hoping i didnt spend 30 bucks for planes to no purpose :biggrin: )

ok, nice, no worries, just wanted to know what you have planned :salute:  (and was hoping i didnt spend 30 bucks for planes to no purpose :biggrin: )

When Zeus team map get into the game, th full one, both planes will have a real purpose until then, and for now, we will have a limited number.

Of course you didn't, but this is really early days and once the Dserver is released I hope there will be a server to cater for everyone's tastes, I think we are concious that we are onw of only a few servers catering for all tastes ATM, but what one person wants another dislikes :)

Please remove those strong winds. Sometimes its so strong that you cant turn one side on the taxiway..

Nobody would have even taken off with such a wind IRL..

please set realistic winds

Again nice flight on the Syndicate tonight. Amazing high altitude dogfight. Cheers to Sag an Bloom and the opponents in 109s. :)

Syndicate, keep up the good work guys.

Edited by Elanus

Amazing high altitude dogfight. Cheers to Sag an Bloom and the opponents in 109s. :)

salute... :) i dont thought before, that lagg-3 can fight in cosmos, even versus f-4/r1, but now i see that is not really true... :):biggrin: i was must go sleep, but we got interesting fight, yep.

Will take a look a it. Thanks.

Will place a limited number of both but I can't say they will be there when we launch the campaign.

Awesome news. Thanks a lot!

Please remove those strong winds. Sometimes its so strong that you cant turn one side on the taxiway..

Nobody would have even taken off with such a wind IRL..

please set realistic winds

Can you tell me which mission it was? I can take it out until it is fixed.