BOS is up on Steam. Need your help.

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 15 August 2014 - 16:33

Everyone,

As you may have seen BOS is now up on Steam. There are many questions in the discussion portion about how well does it work and if it's worth buying. We can't possibly answer all the questions and comments and of course we think everyone should buy it, but that doesn't help. If you'd like to help us give an impression of how BOS is doing we'd appreciate it. Please be civil of course.

http://steamcommunit.../discussions/0/

Thanks,

Jason

#2 39bn_pavig

39bn_pavig
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 16:58

Don't worry Jason. You have a passionate community and they are already on the case. :) (Also, don't sweat the trolls. They always come out when something new pops up.)

#3 csThor

csThor
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:00

Oh my. I took a look at the steam discussion and now I feel the need to wash my hands. Apart from the skepticism (which is to be expected) some threads have the distinct whiff of outright slander. :nea:

image.jpg

#4 LF_ManuV

LF_ManuV
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:01

I Will try to help!

Thanks PA-Sniv, a very good person on this community 

#5 JG19_Leaf

JG19_Leaf
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:03

Damn, I read some of the threads... Makes me feel like this community is a sea of marshmallows and pillows in comparison. 

I mean accusing 777 studios of ruining the IL2 franchise is really...well, insulting and wrong, mainly.

#6 LF_ManuV

LF_ManuV
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:08

Damn, I read some of the threads... Makes me feel like this community is a sea of marshmallows and pillows in comparison. 

I mean accusing 777 studios of ruining the IL2 franchise is really...well, insulting and wrong, mainly.

They are all Trolls, OH my god, how can you say this is **^* or ** if they didnt even knew the Team Fusion for Clod, or searched for info about Bos.... and of course they do not own the game

Sometimes I think the Intelligence is something that some ones do not have

#7 Zak

Zak
  • Community manager

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:09

Thanks a lot, guys. You help is very very appreaciated.

#8 LF_ManuV

LF_ManuV
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:21

Thanks a lot, guys. You help is very very appreaciated.

This is a Community project, this only works if we healp Eachother like we are doing!

Salute!

Oh also, and before entering in that forum, pick up one of these

8877.jpg

WIll help you to be safe there  :lol:

Edited by Manu_vc, 15 August 2014 - 17:22.

#9 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:29

I think biological warfare suit might be more appropriate!

#10 JG19_Leaf

JG19_Leaf
  • Founder

This is a Community project, this only works if we healp Eachother like we are doing!

Salute!

8877.jpg

Haha! Yeah, it's war zone out there. Better prepare yourself. 

#11 whatnot

whatnot
  • Founder

I went in too to check things out and all I can say is: get yourself to steam forums and set the record straight!

If I would have dropped off at the point of the failed CloD release I might be one of the mob out there. And being upset like the others because of:

1) CloD was bad so this must be bad too!

2) It's not cheap and has DLC even before release == Pure Evil!

What I try to emphasize out there is that this is totally new development that has already produced a great piece of software which one can check out from il-2 forums and youtube. And that paid DLCs have been the the business model since day 1 and perhaps the only viable one to builld a sustainable high quality sim these days.

There will always be trolls and there is no reason to feed them, but Steam is such massive channel for potential new players that an effort makes sense. There aren't too many good and healty WW2 sims around these days :)

Edited by whatnot, 15 August 2014 - 17:30.

#12 EAF_Paf

EAF_Paf
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:35

Salute!

8877.jpg

Hey, is this Han? :)

European Air Force - Flying Il2, Cliffs of Dover & Rise of Flight - www.europeanaf.net

#13 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:38

Went over to the Steam forum and checked it out. It's awfully rowdy when compared to here, so stick your head in and say hello as there is a definitely a need for more rational thought in that place.

Click to visit:                                          My YouTube Channel                                              Instagram                          

Signature2.png      Inst.png

#14 JtD

JtD
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:39

The more people buy this, the better it will be in the end. So let's make sure no one one Steam is put off just because someone needed to vent.

p.s.: Maybe if there are enough steam sales, there'll even be a nice full mission builder. ;)

Facts are the best defence against the experts.

#15 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:40

Guys,

Thanks for the assist, but please let's not make it about the posters on Steam and just talk about what your experience is with BOS all these months. That's the only way we can give a real representation of what we are doing. Otherwise it's just another food fight about nothing.

Sales from all venues count towards a successful future.

Jason

#16 simplyjames

simplyjames
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:42

Are we going to get keys for steam if we already bought the game? I was gonna' write a review but i dont think It'll let me :/

#17 LF_ManuV

LF_ManuV
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:46

After staying there more than 30 Mins alive I can feel how the Bomber crews felt when they back alive in the 40,s  :lol: Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad really gives you the feelings about aerial combat, even in the forums  :lol:  :lol:

Simplyjames, this is issue from Steam, The devs have no thing on it, but if they could they would give us the Steam merge, so I would wait

Edited by Manu_vc, 15 August 2014 - 17:46.

#18 startrekmike

startrekmike
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:46

Are we going to get keys for steam if we already bought the game? I was gonna' write a review but i dont think It'll let me :/

This is actually a really important thing to consider, most of us on this forum have already purchased the early access before it hit steam and thus cannot submit our reviews via steam's review system.

Perhaps it would be worth giving us steam keys (if at all possible) simply because we can give a far more accurate and fair view early on via steam reviews.

#19 II/JG3Siggi

II/JG3Siggi
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:52

Can't really give a fair/objective 'review' over there until we have the full game on our PCs. We still have a lot of issues with BoS that we don't know for sure will be resolved.

That's my objective input.

bos_sigtag_zps989cfc1e.png

Creator of DiD

#20 LF_ManuV

LF_ManuV
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:53

Can't really give a fair/objective 'review' over there until we have the full game on our PCs. We still have a lot of issues with BoS that we don't know for sure will be resolved.

That's my objective input.

Of course, but most of the Things on that forum are no-sense, 

#21 Rankin

Rankin
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:55

Perhaps it would be worth giving us steam keys (if at all possible) simply because we can give a far more accurate and fair view early on via steam reviews.

+1. I'd certainly be keen to give my own opinion (which is broadly very positive) but would need the steam key to give a review. Otherwise it's just another person with 0 hrs in the game (according to steam). 

Edited by Hattersley, 15 August 2014 - 18:01.

#22 JG19_Leaf

JG19_Leaf
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:46

Steam steems to have calmed down a little. The first half our was absolute carnage. 

#23 Brano

Brano
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:53

Just been there for no more then 5min and....sorry,but my sanity got hurt like hell.Some posters over there are really little spoiled fracks :o:

Must treat myself with another beer.

Edited by Brano, 15 August 2014 - 18:54.

#24 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:57

Just don't get drunk

Posted ImagePosted Image

W10/64, i7-2600K, 8GB RAM and damned GTX780

#25 Brano

Brano
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:00

I allready am.Long journey from office thru several pubs :drinks: ...... :drink2:

#26 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:09

Take taxi

Posted ImagePosted Image

W10/64, i7-2600K, 8GB RAM and damned GTX780

#27 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:26

He's driving the taxi.

#28 dburne

dburne
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:30

This is weird, I already have a Steam ID, yet when I sign on to that forum on Steam, it will not let me post says I need to create a profile, also says need to install Steam and that I need to create a Steam ID.

Yet I am signed on to that page with my Steam ID... Steam is already installed, as I play Cliffs of Dover with it.

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.50 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair H100i | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Oculus Rift | Windows 10 64 Bit |

#29 dburne

dburne
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:39

Tried clearing cache on your browser Don?

I gave that a try, nope still the same - thanks for the suggestion though...

Edit: Now I have set the profile, telling me to install steam - I think this is somehow messing up my whole Steam account now, going to try and get out of this now.

Edited by dburnette, 15 August 2014 - 19:44.

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.50 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair H100i | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Oculus Rift | Windows 10 64 Bit |

#30 1./JG42Nephris

1./JG42Nephris
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:51

As we, the users of this forums arnt the audience 777 is targeting (maybe some remember the statements by Loft),i am sure the Steam Comm. will be so much more.

However, by an objective point of view I can understand a lot of opinions.
You cant expect the default simmer on steam .
Bos turns into sth like a hybrid.
Most Steam users will probably be casual players and are fine by World of Warplanes...which at the end is for free. Maybe most of that users wont notice any fm difference between a Lagg and 109.

That said I can follow some moanings or sceptics about the price as you receive not much compared to other games by that price. Dont expect simmers at the loud end over there.

#31 MiG21bisFishbedL

MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:55

Literally, this is why I left programming and went to flight school; I wanted to get into game development, but Christ on a bike if mainstream gamers aren't utterly stupid.
RIP BOS

#32 dburne

dburne
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:56

Literally, this is why I left programming and went to flight school; I wanted to get into game development, but Christ on a bike if mainstream gamers aren't utterly stupid.

And these are the gamers, they need to get in order for BOS to be successful.

Don

#33 1./JG42Nephris

1./JG42Nephris
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 20:28

Customers witout a passionated touch to flight simulation will imo do very hard with BoS.
If i as ,lets call them casual players,pay 90 bugs I expect a well running game.I dont think you can justify early access bugs or not implemented features in Steam communities.

Maybe RC1 would have been a better choice to keep chances for first touch simmers.

Tbh i cant recommend the game to guys who asked me at work about Bos.I told them to wait for RC1 at least. No singleplayer ,a multiplayer to collect data only,no fmb to experiment or learn with.

So by all means to make BoS a success ,one have to keep fair.

#34 MiG21bisFishbedL

MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 20:35

And these are the gamers, they need to get in order for BOS to be successful.

I disagree to some level; it's going to be a niche product either way. Nature of the beast, the sim market has shrunk so much.
RIP BOS

#35 Donik

Donik
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 20:36

Posted this on Steam forums, but it may get lost in the chaos.  Figured might as well post here as well.

Any variations between "versions" on steam and website? My main concern is how updates will be received. Is the "steam version" going to be updated via steam, or is it going to use a launcher similar to RoF?

#36 Zak

Zak
  • Community manager

Posted 15 August 2014 - 20:47

Any variations between "versions" on steam and website? My main concern is how updates will be received. Is the "steam version" going to be updated via steam, or is it going to use a launcher similar to RoF?

Steam version is updating automatically.

#37 Blooddawn1942

Blooddawn1942
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:17

This is vile and brutal. I spent about 20min over there reading some stuff...
It's pure mayhem.
I much appreciate this polite forum feeling like safe at home.
;-)

1oIJ5hv_zpsgii92uwd.jpg   Jak1b_ico_zpsvoyrjcqt.png

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

Wyrd bid ful araed...

#38 Sethos

Sethos
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:18

So can we, who purchased it from here get a Steam key, so we don't have to deal with a seperate game? I'd like mine on my steam list. 

[Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4.3GHz //  ASUS Sabertooth X99 // 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4-2800 // 2 x Nvidia 980 Ti ( SLI ) // Acer XB270HU (144Hz/Gsync) + 32" Sony KDL-32W653A]

#39 Blooddawn1942

Blooddawn1942
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:20

So can we, who purchased it from here get a Steam key, so we don't have to deal with a seperate game? I'd like mine on my steam list. 

This is not possible, because Steam won´t allow 3rd party purchased keys. Same like DCS.

Very diapointing though.

1oIJ5hv_zpsgii92uwd.jpg   Jak1b_ico_zpsvoyrjcqt.png

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

Wyrd bid ful araed...

#40 Sethos

Sethos
  • Founder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:25

This is not possible, because Steam won´t allow 3rd party purchased keys. Same like DCS.

Very diapointing though.

But it's an early access title. Plenty of titles have done exactly the same, where you get a key later on. Did it with Spintires for an example, I just got a steam key sent? BeamNG as well! If I'm now being punished because I purchased it from here, I'll be livid. 

[Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4.3GHz //  ASUS Sabertooth X99 // 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4-2800 // 2 x Nvidia 980 Ti ( SLI ) // Acer XB270HU (144Hz/Gsync) + 32" Sony KDL-32W653A]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users