Jason_Williams

BOS is up on Steam. Need your help.

Very simple. That person claimed the ownership was behaving in ways that are not upright which is total crap. I left the rest of his post up so he can argue about the title itself. I don't tolerate personal attacks here or at Steam.

Jason

Very simple. That person claimed the ownership was behaving in ways that are not upright which is total crap. I left the rest of his post up so he can argue about the title itself. I don't tolerate personal attacks here or at Steam.

Jason

There were things objectively wrong, as well, such as the 190's damage model not being addressed. As a bit of creative criticism, addressing his other claims would've been worth while as well.
  • Upvote 1

There was plenty of rebuttal in that thread before I locked it. That guy attacks us all the time. I can't answer every criticism in detail. Yes some of his criticism is bogus, but whatever, our product and actions speak for themselves. We'll never have a perfect product or do everything old IL-2 did or does. All we can do is make what is possible for us and try to expand on it. Days like today only happen a couple times a year. Thank God for beer. 

:salute:

Jason 

• Upvote 4

I wonder why people stick around on forums of games they seemingly hate. I just don't get it...especially when you call them on it and their rebuttal is something along the lines of "I'm pointing all the bad stuff out so it gets fixed/better".

...Good luck with that strategy with anything in life...try getting a girlfriend that way, yikes.

• Upvote 4

I just have a chip on my shoulder about any kind of censorship; as you said your product does speak for itself. I honestly think you shouldn't even really enact the effort to delete and such. Though, it's certainly a hand full since this is the more mainstream crowd and they're purely looking at the price tag.

However, if I may offer an idea: Has there been any discussion about a post-release development roadmap? That's a huge problem for all games in early access. There's no clear indication of what happens after release, if there even IS a release. A roadmap of both current development and post release development, plans, and intentions as a sticky would be beneficial.

And it also seems that it needs to be clarified that this shares little incommon with CloD. That would be another worthwhile sticky.

...Good luck with that strategy with anything in life...try getting a girlfriend that way, yikes.

I'm a complete jerk and, yet, I've still crossed that hurdle! I will admit: I dropped the "I'm a pilot" card.
  • Upvote 2

But it's an early access title. Plenty of titles have done exactly the same, where you get a key later on. Did it with Spintires for an example, I just got a steam key sent? BeamNG as well! If I'm now being punished because I purchased it from here, I'll be livid. 

I know what You´re talking about. I was able to transfer my "7 days to die" Key to Steam I receivied via early access a year ago or so..

But if I got it right, Steam won´t support this feature anymore. sad but true. 

As I stated above, this also occurs to the DCS modules. Any module purchased via Eagle Dynamics can not be enabled in Your Steam library anymore.

But thats not  777´s or ED´s fault.

In this case, Steam is the one to blame though.

Really disappointing! :(

Edited by Blooddawn1942

I know what You´re talking about. I was able to transfer my "7 days to die" Key to Steam I receivied via early access a year ago or so..

As I stated above, this also occurs to the DCS modules. Any module purchased via Eagle Dynamics can not be enabled in Your Steam library anymore.

Great.

Remind me to never, ever, ever, ever, ever support a company again.

Now I'm stuck with their shit launcher that barely gets over 2MB/s. 

Valve, not Steam. But, yeah. That's unusual for them. It is a bit worrying; I like Valve.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/307960/discussions/0/35221031601023023/

Jason, how is this slander? I'm genuinely curious.

Oh mei... can´t believe it. How much hatred some some people have gathered to unleash upon such an great thing like BoS.

Don´t have those folks no other worries then destroying the labour of love of other people??

Valve, not Steam. But, yeah. That's unusual for them. It is a bit worrying; I like Valve.

Steam, Valve...whatever. I like Steam a lot. Thats not the point. But that I´m not allowed to transfer 3rd party keys to my account anymore is

absurd. :(

Great.

Just have a little patience. Due to my experience wit this launcher, the bandwith is going to increase to its normal data.

have faith. :salute:

Edited by Blooddawn1942

well it looks like it's calmed down a bit, but it's amazing how nobody seems to truly read the threads. I don't think beer would have been what would have made me calm in the face of the barrage :)

I know you guys want more folks to join us but it will be interesting how many people actually buy in with that many noisy, negative for no reason responses. It seems there's more gamers on there than simmer's, and that's too bad.

well it looks like it's calmed down a bit, but it's amazing how nobody seems to truly read the threads. I don't think beer would have been what would have made me calm in the face of the barrage :)

I know you guys want more folks to join us but it will be interesting how many people actually buy in with that many noisy, negative for no reason responses. It seems there's more gamers on there than simmer's, and that's too bad.

From what I saw there were about 10 people very vocal and disappointed. The rest seemed open for discussion. So now the threads have distilled themselves into the main points of discussion and the overall vibe seems more open and positive, which is good. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

New folks are more than welcome, as long as they don´t polute our nice community. :)

After all, thank god that there´s beer and stuff like Airbourne to enjoy. :cool:

We all need to hope, that there is a bunch that join in. The developers have already stated before, that they could not survive with what they have so far in EA, they need a lot more. Folks from here helping to turn those negatives into positives would be a good thing. And that includes getting the gamers as well.

All I want is for 777 to issue the keys that steam allows all developers to request for free, then place those keys on our purchase page so that we can unlock them on steam. This is a web development issue, not a game development issue.  If the software requires the key that's totally ok, because I already have one that I can enter that when I start it up. I'm just not at all happy that we're getting bent over on this just like they did with RoF.

Interesting. About ten negative people at most. I've bought a number of games through Steam, but until today I had never even looked at the forum. I wonder how many potential buyers will read this stuff?

Is it just me or are all of the negatives based on a resentment of CloD?

From what I have seen, that ( The 1C name ), and the sticker price of the sim.

They are relating 1C with Cliffs of Dover, and they see BOS is a 1C/777 sim. Not knowing how this all went down and is being developed, it is just a knee jerk reaction.

Edited by dburnette

I just hope that those 10 or what individuums are not sample of target audience 1CGS is aiming for. So much primitivism and hatered.I tried to post some lines there but I really gave up as it is futile.Same as salee,I never entered forums on Steam.I always just bought game I read about on its official forum.

The failure of CloD set back our entire genre in a very big way, of this there can be little doubt.

• Upvote 2

What I'm thinking is that the even critics will, with time, come over here. The sim will get better and IL 46's days are numbered; they just need time to get over the heartbreak that was CloD.

The thing I'm most worried about is publicity. Even with Steam I just hope that enough people will know about this game to make it profitable; I'd hate to see the devs have to give up the project.

The failure of CloD set back our entire genre in a very big way, of this there can be little doubt.

It is the proverbial albatross that threatened to kill the whole genre. But what's weird is those yammering about CLOD didn't seem to know it's working pretty good now. It's hard to tell these folks though that there's just no comparison between COD and BOS as far as the feel. Anybody who's not tried it would believe it I don't think. It would seem as long as nobody loses their cool and starts swinging at the folks who just want airquake in 3rd person with their mouse things could stay cool.

For me the selling point was the quest for historical accuracy along with the great graphics. In a world that just wants to immediately master something that takes a lot of practice might be a hard sell. Along with the idea if you want quality it's not made in a few days and it's more expensive because the base is just not as big might scare some. But I'm glad there are those of us who get this whole project and are willing to support a team that wants to shake off the albatross and come back strong. Hopefully that view will prevail. 

They are just spoiled by free of charge Daedalos Team updates.And I would bet that most of them does not even have original copy of old sturm.Pirate scum.Let them rot in their heavily hacked/moded game that old il2 became.

All I want is for 777 to issue the keys that steam allows all developers to request for free, then place those keys on our purchase page so that we can unlock them on steam. This is a web development issue, not a game development issue.  If the software requires the key that's totally ok, because I already have one that I can enter that when I start it up. I'm just not at all happy that we're getting bent over on this just like they did with RoF.

Uh, might want to check your facts there...Steam makes money off of developers selling their games on their platform and I'm sure a contract of how much of a cut Valve gets is a required process for doling out serial numbers, so it isn't just "Welp, heres 10,000 keys for free, here ya go!". Valve is going to want to make some sort of profit/benefit from their #1 go-to product (Steam) somehow.

It isn't "just a web development issue" as if the webmaster doesn't know how to send a key to member accounts...don't be ridiculous. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than you're obviously accounting for.

Are we going to get keys for steam if we already bought the game? I was gonna' write a review but i dont think It'll let me :/

I have same question for developers.

Uh, might want to check your facts there...Steam makes money off of developers selling their games on their platform and I'm sure a contract of how much of a cut Valve gets is a required process for doling out serial numbers, so it isn't just "Welp, heres 10,000 keys for free, here ya go!". Valve is going to want to make some sort of profit/benefit from their #1 go-to product (Steam) somehow.

It isn't "just a web development issue" as if the webmaster doesn't know how to send a key to member accounts...don't be ridiculous. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than you're obviously accounting for.

Exactly, that's what I was thinking. It's not a technical limitation. It's MONEYYYY.

Steam is probably asking for money for the keys that they have to provide us (who are not paying Steam).

I kind of understand because then they have to provide storage, broadband etc for us but at the same time it's not such a big deal.

I'm sure it all boils down to reaching an economic agreement.

Great.

I can't agree your point any more. Steam may give us much better connection service.

Uh, might want to check your facts there...Steam makes money off of developers selling their games on their platform and I'm sure a contract of how much of a cut Valve gets is a required process for doling out serial numbers, so it isn't just "Welp, heres 10,000 keys for free, here ya go!". Valve is going to want to make some sort of profit/benefit from their #1 go-to product (Steam) somehow.   It isn't "just a web development issue" as if the webmaster doesn't know how to send a key to member accounts...don't be ridiculous. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than you're obviously accounting for.

I have 1800+ games on my steam account, most of which were provided gratis from the developers because they were early access or indie titles. I am a developer myself, and I know that that is exactly how it works.

I market and sell books for a living, I've found that I sell more books when I give a lot of them away. Steam understands this as well and allows developers to give away game keys to get people locked into the steam platform. Steam doesn't give a nut how much money they make off of this game, they care how much money they make off of ALL of the games. By getting developers to move their fans into steam, Valve wins the long game.

777 just needs to request a batch of keys from their steam rep and distribute them to existing users. This shouldn't even be an issue, especially since it's an early access title.

Edited by mrmcmichael
  • Upvote 3

777 just needs to request a batch of keys from their steam rep and distribute them to existing users. This shouldn't even be an issue, especially since it's an early access title.

Yeah Jason its just that simple Duh...  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

I promise you Valve DOES care about making money on EVERY product, they win now and win later.  As should every company care about its market share. 

Its Steams call, Not 1CGS'.  Id really go complain to them.

Hmm.

First of all I'm satisfied with Il2 BoS. It is good even now for my taste Il2 CloD is better but that doesn't mean BoS will not reach this standards too. So if we speak about quality of both products it is real Il2 title without compromise.

Simply War Thunder doesn't go in same sentence. Only thing what I'm missing here is clickable cockpit like it is in CloD or in DCS titles and hoping devs will implement it in future.

About early access backers and fact we are not able to use our keys to use it over steam is stupid policy. Who ever is guilty for it it is made damage to both sides, Steam same as to 1C/777. More activated product on steam will make it more popular and desirable for purchasing and more positive attitudes for this game. I'm hoping Steam and 1C/777 will find mutual solution for it to benefit for all us and them.

I have 1800+ games on my steam account, most of which were provided gratis from the developers because they were early access or indie titles. I am a developer myself, and I know that that is exactly how it works.

I market and sell books for a living, I've found that I sell more books when I give a lot of them away. Steam understands this as well and allows developers to give away game keys to get people locked into the steam platform. Steam doesn't give a nut how much money they make off of this game, they care how much money they make off of ALL of the games. By getting developers to move their fans into steam, Valve wins the long game.

Indie developers =/= Established game studios/companies.

You may know one way, but obviously there is something else going on here. It doesn't matter how many games you have on your account. 777/1C would obviously benefit from doing what their customers want and it'd be pretty silly of them to just have a "nah, we're not gonna ask" type of attitude about being able to transfer keys to Steam. Obviously it isn't that easy as you think it is.

I hope I cleared it up for ya.

Indie developers =/= Established game studios/companies.

You may know one way, but obviously there is something else going on here. It doesn't matter how many games you have on your account. 777/1C would obviously benefit from doing what their customers want and it'd be pretty silly of them to just have a "nah, we're not gonna ask" type of attitude about being able to transfer keys to Steam. Obviously it isn't that easy as you think it is.

I hope I cleared it up for ya.

1C hands out keys like candy. It is not a problem at all for them.

Jason shuts down the conversation whenever anyone asks about it and locks and deletes threads. I don't know what 777 is doing to correct this, but seeing the actions by the the public facing side, I'm not encouraged that they're doing anything at all, which is very shortsighted. Getting active players onto steam is the cheapest advertising 777 could ask for. Messages pop up onto players friend lists every time someone is playing a game on steam, by not putting the die-hard simmers and early adopters on the steam platform, 777 is losing it's best advocates and most active players there. 

Edited by mrmcmichael
  • Upvote 1

I think you need to read my previous comments (of which there are many today about Steam) again McMichael. I shut down threads that turn abusive or become an open sore even though we have answered the questions posed to us. We've explained the Steam issue several times already. Until something changes, the answer remains the same. 

Jason

Let's work together, Jason. Get us on Steam and we will help you sell this game. If that doesn't happen, then it's hard to help you there.

I agree, if steam releases keys to early access members here, we can fly and demonstrate how good this sim is.

Also it benifits all parties as it shows how many people are using the sim so shortly after its steam release.

Let's work together, Jason. Get us on Steam and we will help you sell this game. If that doesn't happen, then it's hard to help you there.

You don't need to own ROF on Steam to participate in the discussion. Just have a Steam account.

Jason

Thanks to all that have supported us on Steam answering questions and showing the positive side to the community. It will be hot an heavy all weekend I am sure so please if you have time let's continue to educate people who ask questions.

Jason

Well, I poked me head in there, gave as much good pub as i could...and within seconds i felt like my head was about to explode. I dunno if it was because of my migraines or what but man....kids these days..

"waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...CLOD was soo bad....even thogh this is a different dev team and stuff WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"WAHHHHHHHHHH this game costs moneys..........."""""""""

:banned:

What? This is not free to play? How dare you, evil devs!! Plague upon You foul creatures!

;-)

Fun aside..

The attitude of some folks over there is really...well...strange.

I own a lot videogames on Steam but never visited any steam forums.

This is a real torture pit though...