Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part XXVI

Hello dear friends!

I've been away for some time and I think most of you know that I wasn't on an extended vacation or something. Although I did actually have a couple of simply pleasant days to enjoy myself on the west coast of America, most of my time was devoted to work. While I was traveling we opened the pre-order (still excited about it!) and presented the project of the press in the USA (another first-time experience for me). These were all big and significant milestones for us, and I can see that you've paid a lot of attention to them. I see new topics and discussions starting and much discussion. And I don't mean to sound rude, but remember a high level of respect for all forum members is necessary at all times and we all should care to keep it high. The moderators are always here to keep our forums clean from any possible disinformation, mysteries and manipulations and if someone is way out of line, write to them or to us and we’ll handle the situation. Please no flame wars or personal attacks on our forum. The forum should be a place of mutual enjoyment, engagement, learning and above all friendship.

All right, back to development.

Read more

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

My OR DK is:

Order Status: Processing:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shippedç

And I Pre-ordered IL-2 BoS from day one.

So...

September is going to be a GREAT month!

Tx Tx Tx Dev Team.

Edited by 15[Span]/Costa

The snow doesn't melt behind the Katjuschas.

Just kidding.

;)

Very nice video!

Looking really good. A bit of positive criticism though - the tracks should be a bit wider after the - say - third or fourth vehicle, othervise it would look like they are moving on rail tracks... 

But maybe I tend to overcomplicate things :biggrin:

And very promissing information about Oculus Rift! :)

Thank you for the update!

othervise it would look like they are moving on rail tracks...

Oh, what a nice keyword :D

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, not only an excellent video, but also very wise and encouraging words about the community here. Keep it up guys!

:good:

MAC

Great update...  Keep it coming...  I wish you folks success...  Can't wait to fly BOS...

This is good friday, just started 1 month holiday, can't wait BOS release  :cool:

Now I know why we won't have infantry jumping from attacked vehicles. They would have to model the yellow snow melt imprints. Will eat a lot of program resources. Also, in case we do get this modeled, don't eat the yellow snow.

The snow doesn't melt behind the Katjuschas.

Just kidding.

;)

Very nice video!

And double tracks in the snow from the front wheels? Just kidding too ;) Really nice stuff!

Tracks in the snow is so crucial to find ground targets better (where the tracks stop, there's the tank :)! Awesome :cool: :cool:

Ooh and the Occulus Tease is almost too much to handle for me! I'm going to pre-order RIGHT NOW!

Thanks for the update and great news about OR.  I was thinking about getting a new monitor but maybe I'll start saving for the Rift.

• Upvote 1

S!

Good news. And it seems Oculus Rift is a thing one MUST get for BoS :) Have a great weekend all!

This is a nice birthday gift... :biggrin:  That looks great.. you're KILLIN me...

I knew they would be eager to top last Friday...but I wasnt sure they could -

nicely done - impressive

And the gifts just keep on coming (oculus). Love the tire tracks too. Is it programmed to handle overlapping or crossing tire tracks? Not really a big deal, just out curious. Your attention to detail is going to make moving mud a lot of fun...

Thanks!

This will help a lot in strike missions

I will need full graphics settings  :joy:

So if Theatre of War was a ground based combat sim based on the IL-2 engine, can one assume there will be something similar for BoS?  (Rumour started)  Or, will there be integrated ground and air combat like in DCS world?  (another rumour started)

Excellent video with amazing detail of ground units for a flight sim. This entire project just keeps getting better.

Nice video, looks very good. Now if the DM and AI are up to the graphics, it will certainly be very interesting to fly close support missions, helping out ground troops where possible. Looking forward to it.

Re: Oculus Rift - wouldn't resources be better spent elsewhere? I really don't care about that stuff, but I would like to see a couple of more aircraft. Why is it so darn important to support the group of players who doesn't mind wearing hats and goggles sitting on a desk in front of a computer?

• Upvote 1

Phantastic work splendid fellows, just phantastic! The atmosphere and the Katschujas just terrified and paralyzed me! ...oohh, I see brilliant movies upcoming...

Edited by StG2Manfred

Re: Oculus Rift - wouldn't resources be better spent elsewhere? I really don't care about that stuff, but I would like to see a couple of more aircraft. Why is it so darn important to support the group of players who doesn't mind wearing hats and goggles sitting on a desk in front of a computer?

From checking up on OR, it doesn't need much development time getting it to work.

Plus a few years ago would you have said the same about TrackIR?

• Upvote 3

how long from when the picture came out, that he was taking it home, to "hey it looks nice!!"   what 3 Days?  I think they are pretty good at allocating time for their projects.  LEts rest easy.  :)

KEEP CALM

PRE-ORDER

Nice video, looks very good. Now if the DM and AI are up to the graphics, it will certainly be very interesting to fly close support missions, helping out ground troops where possible. Looking forward to it.

It doesn't appear to take that long to implement the OR especially since they hope to have it basicly working for a European Game Conv in the very near future.   However long it takes to implement is a small price to pay for the huge immersion increase and a feature that could easily attract far more people to the genre than a new aircraft.  It will be interesting to see how this new hardware pans out but developers would be crazy not to try to look at it very closely.  VR is the future of gaming.