Zak

Special pre-order features

Dear Pilots!

A few days ago we launched our pre-order program and we're sincerely grateful to those of you who have already pre-ordered or will order the Standard or Premium edition of IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in the coming days. We appreciate your support and confidence in us.

Most of you must have noticed that the video trailer features an IL-2 with a rear gunner; however this version of the IL-2 is not in the announced list of planes that will be available at launch. Today we happily reveal that the IL-2 weapon modification with a rear mounted ShKAS gun will be available from the start to everyone who pre-orders the game before September 1st, 2013.

il2gunner.jpg

You can pre-order the game now at IL2Sturmovik.com

• Upvote 1

Oh, that's nice. As a reward for pre-ordering early we get to have our faces shot off by what would otherwise have been a fat juicy sitting duck.

:lol:

Yeah, that was a joke. Before ya'll lynch me.

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm perhaps we'll be flying BoS sooner than I had hoped for.. I was thinking September 21st as "autumn" ... :):rolleyes:

wow! nices news, one question, in the News page says the Preimun and here the Standar, so , everyone who preordered, either version, will have this, right? Thanks

Eh, not too fond of pre-order bonuses that are straight out in game advantages. This one's pretty extreme in that regard.

• Upvote 1

as i understand how they are planning it for now, every one has abillity to earn/unlock this to his IL-2  when he buys game (after finished game is out), but guys who pre-ordered (standard and premium) will not have to earn/unlock it it will be unlocked from start.

This small atractions to pre-order is comon stuf in game market now, some give you some added gun some some skins and so on...

actually it needs some clarifiction.........

This is how they are planning it for now, every one has abillity to earn and unlock this IL-2 rear gunner field modification; when you buy game (after finished game is out), but those who pre-ordered (standard and premium) will not have to earn and unlock it; it will be unlocked from start.

This kind of stuff to pre-order is common in gaming market's now, some give you guns, some give you skins and so on...

I edited your post to help understand

Edited by Mastiff

BlackSix

Community Hospital Manager

• photo-thumb-3.jpg?_r=1354780595
  • 1CGS
  • dev_icon.png

Posted Today, 17:44

Jim, on 01 Aug 2013 - 15:27, said:snapback.png

Ahem, and those who do not pay for pre-order before the deadline? When they receive a turret?

They will open it, going off-line career.

Community Manager 1C Game Studios

would be nice if we all could have one forum and speek same language, but i think ill start learning russian :)
Edited by Yaklover

Will it be possible to obtain this modification without pre-ordering early?

I think it to be fairly important that everyone can play the same game, if people are supposed to fly online, happily, for a long time. This includes late starters and folks without a huge budget to spent on game updates.

Will it be possible to obtain this modification without pre-ordering early?

I think it to be fairly important that everyone can play the same game, if people are supposed to fly online, happily, for a long time. This includes late starters and folks without a huge budget to spent on game updates.

see the post up

Very nice.  I hope the rear gunner works the way it did in IL2 which was really well done ... easy to aim and shoot with mouse, very intuitive.  In ROF it's good but not as good.  Just one opinion.

see the post up

Yep, posted while I typed my question. Good to know.

people - it just means that if you preorder, you can have access to the rear gunner right away - as soon as you have your early copy

those who do not preorder get no early copy of the sim, so they do not need early access to the rear turret, do they...but -  when they do buy it,  then they can have access to it

what good is it for everyone to have early access to the rear turret in the IL2 if they do not yet have the sim?? L O L

as i understand how they are planning it for now, every one has abillity to earn/unlock this to his IL-2  when he buys game (after finished game is out), but guys who pre-ordered (standard and premium) will not have to earn/unlock it it will be unlocked from start.

This small atractions to pre-order is comon stuf in game market now, some give you some added gun some some skins and so on...

Oh, I misunderstood. Well, this is nice then. Will need all the help I can get in the IL2, never did try attackers seriously.

Yes 1.9 time to play   :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Edited by Tobi

I just hope there are some features left to unlock for us who payed premium. Can i chose to not have anything unlocked even though i have bought the premium so i can unlock it myself?

Bonne nouvelle ! :biggrin:

question "avant 1er septembre" donc beta en aout ?  j'espere  de tout mon coeur !

Good news! :biggrin:
issue 'before September 1' so beta in August? I hope with all my heart!

I Just hope to get the Beta on the First days of september, and the Standard on the First of December.

Edited by .-RDS-.Manu_vc

Wait a minute, lets please clarify this for me, does it have an effect on the offline campaign or not? If I get this bonus by preordering, will I have an easier time as an IL-2 pilot in the offline campaign because I get a rear gunner from the start in the campaign(=faster progress=faster unlocking of stuff)? That would make it somewhat pay to win, which I don't like the sound of at all.

or

Does this only relate to online dogfight servers? But I thought we were told that the server admins could set whatever planes are available, or not?

Edited by Zorin

It looks like "pay to win" in offline mode.  The German AI pilots are probably contacting their AI lawyers to see if anything can be done to stop this.

I just hope there are some features left to unlock for us who payed premium. Can i chose to not have anything unlocked even though i have bought the premium so i can unlock it myself?

There will be several unlocks left, such as the camouflage patterns and removal of the 109's rear pilot armor as mentioned previously. 

Wait a minute, lets please clarify this for me, does it have an effect on the offline campaign or not? If I get this bonus by preordering, will I have an easier time as an IL-2 pilot in the offline campaign because I get a rear gunner from the start in the campaign(=faster progress=faster unlocking of stuff)? That would make it somewhat pay to win, which I don't like the sound of at all.

or

Does this only relate to online dogfight servers? But I thought we were told that the server admins could set whatever planes are available, or not?

They said (I think) that the Servers set up this option in Yes/Not, and in offline, you can just, disable it .

Zorin this explains it all, you get the gunner when you get the game, be it, in autumn, winter or early 2014. It`s in the release whatever time you decide to join in.

He appears to be aware of that.  His complaint is that the gunner is unlocked for Premium package buyers.  That means there is an unfair pay to win advantage against the AI.  I'm sure the AI is consulting with lawyers before they respond.

It is sunny here.

Why is it sunny? Did you pay for it?

I need the sun too as it will help me sleep.

I need the sun to my holiday in 6 months time. Can I have it then please?

I don't want to pay for a sunny holiday. It should be given to me.

I don't want to work for my sunny holiday. It should be given to me.

Sun makes me better at everything. If I get the sun I will be über!

I don't want the sun - I don't see the point of it. I want something else instead.

Can I chose to turn the sun on or of? I might want it but I might not like to have it.

Honestly guys you couldn't make this up. As a nice surprise we get a rear gunner for pre-ordering. And you get so many complaints. Pre-order or don't pre-order. Use the gunner or not. Live with it or complain - complaining seems to be the easy option.

Chill

Hood

• Upvote 1

He appears to be aware of that.  His complaint is that the gunner is unlocked for Premium package buyers.  That means there is an unfair pay to win advantage against the AI.  I'm sure the AI is consulting with lawyers before they respond.

Your lame attempts at landing a pun really do get old fast on their own, no need to repeat them...

So how about you leave commenting on this to all the people who actually do comprehend what I am on about?

Cant edit on my phone. I'm sure people will realise its not that huge a gift. My remarks were a bit tongue in cheek.

:)

Hood

It is sunny here.

Why is it sunny? Did you pay for it?

I need the sun too as it will help me sleep.

I need the sun to my holiday in 6 months time. Can I have it then please?

I don't want to pay for a sunny holiday. It should be given to me.

I don't want to work for my sunny holiday. It should be given to me.

Sun makes me better at everything. If I get the sun I will be über!

I don't want the sun - I don't see the point of it. I want something else instead.

Can I chose to turn the sun on or of? I might want it but I might not like to have it.

Honestly guys you couldn't make this up. As a nice surprise we get a rear gunner for pre-ordering. And you get so many complaints. Pre-order or don't pre-order. Use the gunner or not. Live with it or complain - complaining seems to be the easy option.

Chill

Hood

Since when is an inquiring question a complaint? Seriously, get your knickers untwisted...

Your lame attempts at landing a pun really do get old fast on their own, no need to repeat them...

So how about you leave commenting on this to all the people who actually do comprehend what I am on about?

I'm pretty confident that I actually do comprehend what you are about.  

You feel that the unlocked gunner for premium buyers gives offline users advantages against the AI.  Pay to win.  What am I missing?

Does buying 30$ joystick or 2000$ stat of the art equipment (joystick, hotas, ruder pads...) also falls in pay to win criteria? its a big difference playing sims on better equipments or just on keyboard/mouse whitch is what i have by default whit my PC when im buying game

or if i buy TrackIR and play it in FR server against guy without head tracker do i also "pay to win" as i have big advantage in 6DOF on him buy my hardware, and so on