DCS FW190-D9 release countdown

Yes I wondered if its for that. I'm a backer but I chose to pay for the Dora and will use my backer selection for other planes. I don't know why it would be such a big deal though if a backer didn't get it day one, surely there are bigger things in life to be upset about.

In that case why would it be such a big deal if a non-backer didn't get it day one and a backer did? Surely there are bigger things in life to be upset about...

See what I did there? ;)

In that case why would it be such a big deal if a non-backer didn't get it day one and a backer did? Surely there are bigger things in life to be upset about...

See what I did there? ;)

Yes you made a pointless statement and garnished it with a silly smiley, either way I don't care who gets it first.

• Upvote 1

Yes you made a pointless statement and garnished it with a silly smiley, either way I don't care who gets it first.

Do you really need all this aggressivity?

Calm down... or I'll help you.

And for eveybody.... I don't think this forum is a proper place for a dispute about DCS backer policy... I suppose DCS have forums for that.

Continue to bring information about the game and the planes... but please no fight related to..

Do you really need all this aggressivity?

Calm down... or I'll help you.

And for eveybody.... I don't think this forum is a proper place for a dispute about DCS backer policy... I suppose DCS have forums for that.

Continue to bring information about the game and the planes... but please no fight related to..

It wasn't aggressive,I don't know why people are so uptight about who gets its first and I don't know why you would publicly call me out because you misinterpreted my post and yet didn't address the person publicly who dropped the f-bomb in a thread yesterday? A PM would have been fine.

• Upvote 7

Got my first takeoff and landing in.  Rudder pedals with toe brakes are essential for the 190D-9.  So far I haven't augered in, yet. :P

This aircraft has amazing power with MW50 boost.  The P-51 is going to have a tough fight, especially between 10-15k ft.

The engine sound when going full throttle with MW-50 on is just amazing. :lol:

Pretty tricky during take-off. I needed a combination of brake and rudder to keep it straight. Ground-handling did not feel that different from the 190 in BoS. Both require careful use of brakes. In BoS it's just a bit more wobbly.

Very easy to fly and more forgiving than i expected. But i did not fight against P-51 yet, will practice that later today.

This is the most awesome experience......   Thank you DCS, a million times for doing this.....  Everything works.  It's a beta and everything works right out of the box.  Elevator, ailerons, MW-50, view - I'm in heaven.

post-1149-0-06731600-1407341081_thumb.jpg

Edited by TX-Gunslinger
  • Upvote 1

Sorry. just have to :P . Took me 5 attempts to get airborne in a wobbly fasion :o: but a perfect 3 pointer on the first landing.

As stated above, toe brakes is ESSENTIAL :biggrin: . And the mandatory picture comes here.

:o:  WOW!! That cockpit look just .... WOW!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo:

OK,enough work, runing home to try it out :salute:

That's the Spirit!! I went in to work late, but it's an aerospace company and I can just tell them I was "running some things through the simulation". 

They don't need to know that what that translates to is: Dora got her first kill this morning, that poor gorgeous Mustang...when I get the MW50 mapped he'll really be in trouble. 

Guys , I have a problem. I am new to DCS , i just got my two serial keys , for Mustang and Dora , I have Steam version of DCS , I downloaded planes files from DCS website , but when I try to install them , installer doesn't recognise that DCS World is installed. I am downloading DCS World from ED website , I hope this will help. I can't figure out where to put these serial keys to unlock/activate  planes? Do you have to key them in when installing a module? Very confused right now :). Any help will be appriciated , I did try to find solution online , but to no avail.

S.

Edited by Don_Kojote

Ok , so I have to install DCS World outside Steam , then install modules/planes , then Dora and Mustang should 'light up' in DCS World plane selection and once selected to fly I will be asked for serial key. Is that it?

Do you guys use Steam version of DCS World to fly Dora?

Ok , so I have to install DCS World outside Steam , then install modules/planes , then Dora and Mustang should 'light up' in DCS World plane selection and once selected to fly I will be asked for serial key. Is that it?

Do you guys use Steam version of DCS World to fly Dora?

Exactly.

Don't know about Steam version...

This Dora is really beta,damage model visual representation is still on same poor level as it is with mustang.Cockpit is nice,but nothing that would give me instant boner :P Front view is also well done but again nothing that BoS A3 cant do with little more love from devs = place head in correct position and put revi where it should be.

I must say that BoS A3,LaGG3 and La5 definitly miss/or have very week selfcentering tailwheel (as debated in different thread). DCS Dora handles during taxi exactly the same as A3 in BoS (ex right rudder without applying right break will turn you nowhere) but has very well modeled selfcentering tailwheel (spring toughness) Thats why you dont turn around in uncontrolable spins when tailwheel is unlocked.I hope devs will soon look into this issue.

In general - nothing special,quality level as expected from actual ED engine. :salute:

Edited by Brano

well, after a couple of flights with the Dora, I must say that I am extremely pleased with the result. To say that this Dora is "nothing special" is IMHO a cruel understatement. It's practically the most realistic and functional depiction of the Dora we've ever had.

Cockpit quality is great. High-res gauges really make a difference. For me, that is. Most of the work is not visual, though. DCS is all about this under-the-hood stuff that makes my inner geek giggle.

I wasn't much of a Luftwaffle fan before, but this bird is in a league of its own. Overall, it's an amazing bird to fly. 

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck
  • Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong.With nothing special I mean standard issue of ED,same quality as their 1st WW2 warbird,Mustang.It swimms nice in the air,has in some respects better tuned FM (rudder and elevator authority) etc.But that is all.As for me,collector and backer of all possible flight sims, nice toy.But this toy will become very boring for me after while.Why? There is no WW2 environment to fly it in.And with all due respect to ED,their anounced map of Normandy is nowhere to be seen and released maybe only next year.And frankly,that choice is not very well done.When Doras were geting into frontline service (like sept 44) front line was long time gone from Normandy.More appropriate choice would be map of Belgium,southern Netherlnands a Ardennes.That would give nice and interesting background for many historical battles.

:salute:

After a bit of practice, taxiing and take-off has now become pretty simple. But i'm still having trouble landing it. Will need to check for the appropiate approach speed and angle. The cowling is really hurting visibility when landing.

I only did two short 2 vs. 4 dogfights against the P-51 and can't really say if one plane is superior. Maneuverability at low speed seems to be better in the Fw-190 and i also had no trouble catching up with enemies. But i have no idea what use the AI makes of WEP and flaps during these fights. It was a close match.

Damage model seems to be still very WIP. I lost half of my horizontal stabilizer and elevator and it had no effect whatsoever on handling. I could still apply same elevator as before. But internal damage modelling seems to be working fine. I had all kinds of damage, fuel gauge, machinegun ammo supply, gunsight power supply and gunsight motor. I was using MW-50 and full throttle for the majority of the fights and suffered no engine damage. Oil temperature was above limit most of the time.

I'm a bit doubtful of either the P-51 damage model or the weapon/ammo modelling on the Fw-190. One P-51 kept flying after being hit by 3x 20mm (2x HEI) and 8x 13mm without any real issue. Seems a bit unlikely to me.

But overall it's lots of fun. Of course it would be much more immersive on a WW2 map. There could've been at least a dozen better choices, but Normandy would still be a massive improvement of the current map. Not sure if it will actually make it before most of the other planes are modelled though.