Major_Hero

Show us your cockpit!

Here’s the new Man Cave. The goal here was to make a desk that could convert easily from normal comport use / FPS gaming to flight and racing sims use. Each requires a different chair and monitor position. So the solution was to use an articulating monitor arm and a variety of desk mounts for flight controls.

Chair: X-Chair X3

Desk Mounts: Monstertech

Monitor Mount: Humanscale

7476148D-AE22-430C-85BE-07570C6F6CE2.jpeg

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, -IRRE-Axurit said:

Close to the end !!!

It's looking very nice, even better when finished I'm sure.

I like the way way you've recessed the WH throttle, and the loooong stick extension. (Nice pedals too!)

How hard is it to get into and out of the cockpit though? :scratch_one-s_head: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/10/2019 at 10:48 PM, SharpeXB said:

Here’s the new Man Cave. The goal here was to make a desk that could convert easily from normal comport use / FPS gaming to flight and racing sims use. Each requires a different chair and monitor position. So the solution was to use an articulating monitor arm and a variety of desk mounts for flight controls.

Chair: X-Chair X3

Desk Mounts: Monstertech

Monitor Mount: Humanscale

7476148D-AE22-430C-85BE-07570C6F6CE2.jpeg

Nice setup SharpeXB. BTW what is the resolution and size of your LCD? It looks very big.

5 hours ago, Tapi said:

Nice setup SharpeXB. BTW what is the resolution and size of your LCD? It looks very big.

It’s a 32” 4K screen, specs are in the signature. One thing to look out for using an arm like that is the weight of the screen. Mine is 14lbs and the arm is rated for 15. So it works but just barely. It might be possible for it to shake although even when racing that hasn’t happened. I might replace the arm with a heavier one though. 

3 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

It’s a 32” 4K screen, specs are in the signature. One thing to look out for using an arm like that is the weight of the screen. Mine is 14lbs and the arm is rated for 15. So it works but just barely. It might be possible for it to shake although even when racing that hasn’t happened. I might replace the arm with a heavier one though. 

This LCD looks very good. I plan to buy new LCD but cannot decide between UHD@60Hz and WQHD@120Hz...

3 hours ago, Tapi said:

This LCD looks very good. I plan to buy new LCD but cannot decide between UHD@60Hz and WQHD@120Hz...

If your use is just for flight sims like this, getting 120fps consistently is rather difficult. So you might not get the full benefit of 120hz

UHD is really beautiful looking. The extra sharpness in flight sims is a real plus. If you have the GPU to run it. 

• Thanks 1

My current setup:

TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds, Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant and Blackhog b-explorer. And a Rift S of course!

MVIMG_20191017_220534~2.jpg

Edited by Talon_
  • Like 1

Here's mine, Set up my old PC and a couple of spare monitors to run apps like IL2missionplanner and Wind Compensator for bombing runs. Red LEDs help with night vision,

:salute:

skud

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

Edited by ATAG_SKUD
spellcheck
  • Like 5

Its a cat..Hello Kitty to be exact and no, it's not for sale. I stole it from my border collie and she wants it back

:salute:

skud

a shot of mine from the pilot seat. When im done, the J-PEIN clamps unhook easy and they tuck away nicely in some $6 storages bins I got at target. Breakdown and setup in under a minute. Laptop on the right is work laptop, not part of this setup. screen is 32" 1080

The dog in the pic is extra LOL 

20200115_145842.jpg

20200115_150041.jpg

Edited by Babayega
updating
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 7:24 AM, TrueGrey said:

Not mine but "quite" nice.

man that is one of the sickest pits I have seen. I love the ones they build for Xplane and MSFS like the 737 pits...those are upwards of 30 to 40 K US dollars to complete. I have never seen one made outside of either of those two sims. The projector to the wall is amazing. When you made that bank after takeoff I felt like I was in the actual plane and I was watching the youtube video. 

Well done my friend! WOW.

• Upvote 1

not as groovy as others, but ittl do me for now :)

20191227_131251.jpg

• Like 1

@Babayega

When you made that bank after takeoff I felt like I was in the actual plane and I was watching the youtube video. 

Well done my friend! WOW.

Haha thanks mate but it is not mine (unfortunately) I've found it on the internet and decided it was worth sharing with you guys. Quote from my original post ;) :

Not mine but "quite" nice.

So here is a new additon to my "simchair", VPC Mongoost-50cm2 base and VPC warbrd with some extensions. Of course I'm blown by the new level of immersion that a stick like this is!

chair.JPG

Edited by Apanos9
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Apanos9 said:

So here is a new additon to my "simchair", VPC Mongoost-50cm2 base and VPC warbrd with some extensions. Of course I'm blown by the new level of immersion that a stick like this is!

chair.JPG

This is amazing!!! Did u make the throttle/trim/ flaps box?

82573572_200560961074101_6939721514501537792_n.thumb.jpg.ffbe5a030891cb0049c2607720c136ad.jpg

@-332FG-Buddy 

Yeah I made it! 😄 Basically is a Leo Bondar BU0836A with buttons and potentiometers, trim potentiometers are multi turn, they are great for precision and immersion! Also there is a Saitek throttle with an extra slider that I made for P-47 Turbocharger. Everything is 3D designed and printed by me! 

Cheers mate! 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Nice peice of sheet metalwork there :salute:

As a glider pilot, I absolutely love a very reclined position. It's super comfy. This is a WIP of my upcoming setup. I had built a proof of concept a few years ago and have happily used it ever since. I'm currently looking to upgrade the stick from an MSFFB2 sidestick to a Virpil or VKB combo, so I decided to replace the cheap prototype with a nice, solid pit.

I've already tested a 1:1 mockup of a Virpil WarBRD combo in sidestick config, but it won't work due to clearance issues. I'm now looking to integrate a Virpil T-50 center stick solution. I'll probably have to tilt the base and maybe build a custom extension.

IMG_20200210_110040.jpg

IMG_20200210_110050.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/7/2020 at 12:13 AM, -332FG-Buddy said:

New pedals!

Gunmetal Crosswinds! Pimp! Same as me. 😉  Big upgrade over entry-level plastic pedals.

Posted (edited)

Here's my new setup, been trying to perfect it lately. Throttles suck, waiting on Virpil to ship a CM2. 😴 The  pedal mount is a awesome, found it on Amazon.

FDojU7T.jpg

8PspwR6.jpg

And all folded away:

aAUxFCl.jpg

Edited by driftaholic

I have an embarrassing plethora of cables, but cable management when you've got this many toys in a small space is really hard.  

Pit 3.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NervousEnergy said:

I have an embarrassing plethora of cables, but cable management when you've got this many toys in a small space is really hard.  

Pit 3.jpg

Where did you get your wind sim from? Fantastic rig by the way

Sim Racing Studio blower kit.  Works incredibly well in racing titles, but IL2 doesn't export speed telemetry yet so it has to be used in fixed manual mode.  Still an incredible bit of kit for immersion (and keeping the head cool in the HMD), and realistic in the sense that the huge fan in front of the pilot would always be blasting a pretty strong breeze back at him.  Nothing like the feeling of wind when in a D7 or Camel, turning and burning above France.

Also the cheapest bit of kit in that whole rig, other than the old CH I use for sliders.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brendo said:

Where did you get your wind sim from? Fantastic rig by the way

Don't you see from where the wind comes? Have a look at the monitor - here they are: 8 brand new and very nice wind machines!

Starting to sort the man cave 

20200327_150058_copy_2304x1728.jpg

57 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

Don't you see from where the wind comes? Have a look at the monitor - here they are: 8 brand new and very nice wind machines!

I know exactly where they are but did not know where he purchased them from ,hence why I asked