Sign in to follow this  
Bladderburst

FW190 ground handling, taking off, rudder response and lack of feedback.

Seriously... that's the most shitty behavior that you can have.

First I kick the throttle a bit and counter with the rudder, plane doesn't move then it begins to move, full rudder to counter, no effect at all, makes donuts all over the place. I need to counter using brakes, then it goes straight, then at once rudder response begins to be felt and the airplane goes again in donut mode. So how do you take off in this deathtrap?

I have taken off with all the airplanes in the game, I'm not green at this, why does this particular aircraft have this kind of awful behavior, especially when it was somewhat known for its good ground handling?

There is also a thing that bugs me a lot in the game, it's that I have no feedback whatsoever of where I'm at with my propeller angle, supercharger stages and so on. I know that in reality people had this but they weren't flying using a joystick that is mapped in a custom way. Every time I have to relearn how I did map this by busting engines and donuting on the ground to guess that my little propeller knob is reversed (oh yeah now I remember). The more the game progresses the harder I find it to get into and the less and less I am clocking time in it. I have some things to do aside from relearning each time how to play this when I don't fly for a month or so just because of the total lack of on screen feedback. Suggestion: make a little label pop up near the info when an input is solicited.

You didn't need to start yet another thread for this - it's already been discussed.

How can you name the best uberluftwaffle plane as deathtrap with *hitty behavior.This is blasphemy!

:biggrin:

IMO FM,DM and other M's should be discussed in Early Access forum,not publicly ;)

Edited by Brano

Have you flown the DCS-P51? Take off in a similar way. Have back pressure applied before you start the takeoff roll in order to keep the tailwheel locked. Don't do the throttle increase too gradually or else your rudder won't be effective enough. As your speed increases you can begin releasing the rudder gradually while simultaneously relieving some back pressure to the neutral position. Once your elevator gets to about neutral It will lift off by itself.

That's how it seems to work for me anyway, without donuts all over the place.

• Upvote 1

Yeah and some right brake and your fine. As soon as its rolling with a bit of speed it easy.

Landing is super easy.

Seriously... that's the most shitty behavior that you can have.

First I kick the throttle a bit and counter with the rudder, plane doesn't move then it begins to move, full rudder to counter, no effect at all, makes donuts all over the place. I need to counter using brakes, then it goes straight, then at once rudder response begins to be felt and the airplane goes again in donut mode. So how do you take off in this deathtrap?

I have taken off with all the airplanes in the game, I'm not green at this, why does this particular aircraft have this kind of awful behavior, especially when it was somewhat known for its good ground handling?

There is also a thing that bugs me a lot in the game, it's that I have no feedback whatsoever of where I'm at with my propeller angle, supercharger stages and so on. I know that in reality people had this but they weren't flying using a joystick that is mapped in a custom way. Every time I have to relearn how I did map this by busting engines and donuting on the ground to guess that my little propeller knob is reversed (oh yeah now I remember). The more the game progresses the harder I find it to get into and the less and less I am clocking time in it. I have some things to do aside from relearning each time how to play this when I don't fly for a month or so just because of the total lack of on screen feedback. Suggestion: make a little label pop up near the info when an input is solicited.

Really? You need to find a better way to express yourself my friend.