Zak

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Pre-Order Program

Regarding the inclusion of the Fw-190A-3, which has been discussed by csThor et al elsewhere; if the Fw190 is included in BoS, then the P-39 could also be ;)

And while we're at it, include the Spitfire too :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

The suggestion by a couple of posts that some of us are just jumping on the band wagon is foolish. To my mind, those that are still undecided about the future of BoS need only look at Jason's replies about the direction this sim is headed. I think his answers are clear enough for me to understand. Where the confusion comes from for others I really don't get. The second deciding factor is simply looking at the posts in this thread. There are several forum names posting positive comments now about the sim that were adament in the past it would never be the product it's makers were aiming at. For anyone who has been around this community for the last few years knows which side of the fence most of us have been riding. For me this bodes well for the future. Maybe the divisions this community suffered with over the last couple of years are on their way to healing.

Edited by Rjel

Maybe the divisions this community suffered with over the last couple of years are on their way to healing.

Let's hope so

@Jason: Is there any chance of publishing the total numbers of preorders? Or is that data confidental?

A counter on the homepage would be gorgeous :D

Then y'all are a small group.

:) This is funny. How can you tell how many people are waiting and did not order it yet? I tell you, nobody on my friend list pre-ordered BoS, even if they playing with ROF (I gathered not a few during my 12 years of simulators). The "wait and see" group is much much greater than you think (good news for Jason, probably the community will be much greater than "8 page" on the forum ;)

• Upvote 2

Hello

Good job with all progres on game in this extra short time

I was suprised to see FW190 (because of its so early to have extra history period airplanes) but its good thing to have more airplanes, and it wont effect gamplay on MP or SP if maps and missions are history baised so no problems o have it in game for planty guys that like it. I also hope transport airplanes so important in Stalingrad are AI in game as they are not listed, its just to soon to guess i beleve devs will give more info during next weeks.

like some guys posted i also like good FullMisionBilder like old il2, Coop for MP and for SP single campaigns and good QMB, thats for me important to make good from start in this game. 

If thats made ok then SEOWs online campaigns will be able to be played like its now played in old il2 by so many squads and people

Great vids from guys that had good time on USS Hornet and good efort in thinking about rest of us and take some time from game and colect the info, would be nice to have more events like this maybe in Europe also :)

like DUI, Doggles and Tom posted i have almos same questions that i would like to know before game starts, like some guys i know and play with, i also beleve they (DUI, Doggles and Tom) know some guys with in their own team or frend circut that dont wont to register and post same questions thats why its US then ME in the post, but would be better if more guys who have doubts or any questins register and join the discusions on forums, giving the devs idea what they wont and how many of them is if its any, not just talk on ts3 or squad forums and then when game comes out complain how i would like if this was done and so on...but not many voiced about it

Again good job and keep good work, game looks promising

Edited by Yaklover

I don't get why people get their pants in a twist over the fact that people asks for some info before pre ordering? What`s the deal any ways? We/they/him/here/whomever isnt asking for anything less than ANY other costumer would under ANY other circumstances before purchasing a product, or in most cases other than the blind faith given by starved sim gamers, demand.

Lighten up for pete sake.

• Upvote 3

I can speak only for myself, but what I find kind of annoying is that, in my opinion, there is a lot of information available and it seems that some people either don't understand what they read or don't bother looking for those answers for their questions. Of course not all requests for more information are like that, there are lot's of valid questions also.

:) This is funny. How can you tell how many people are waiting and did not order it yet? I tell you, nobody on my friend list pre-ordered BoS, even if they playing with ROF (I gathered not a few during my 12 years of simulators). The "wait and see" group is much much greater than you think (good news for Jason, probably the community will be much greater than "8 page" on the forum ;)

I agree.

In addition to myself only one among at least 20 teammates of mine have already preordered BoS. Most of them have RoF (with many planes) but are not used to fly it since they don't like WW1. Still they supported it (as also DCS products).

They have a great respect for 777's work but are really disappointed with 1C. I have preordered BoS since the videos showing that the engine is already there and it's a nice one, otherwise I would have waited for more info.

Edited by 6S.Manu

if you ask me everyone thats "waiting because of CLOD" is doing a big mistake since it has been stated numerous times before. 777 is the developer. Not 1C. Correct me if i am wrong but my guess is that 1C brings some money and the namerights to "IL2" and 777 odes the developmentwork.

So there is absolutely no reason not to preorder and supprt the sim.

Winger

Edited by Winger

I understand the context of your post but .......

But what? the stuff following has no relevance to my request for system specs prior to pre-ordering, or are you just trying to marginalise my concerns by pointing out that I appear to be in a minority? Something that is an obvious point based on where this discussion is taking place.

• Upvote 1

if you ask me everyone thats "waiting because of CLOD" is doing a big mistake since it has been stated numerous times before. 777 is the developer. Not 1C. Correct me if i am wrong but my guess is that 1C brings some money and the namerights to "IL2" and 777 odes the developmentwork.

Winger

Exactly! 

They cannot release system specs until they've implemented everything missing in to the game. There were particle effects missing for example. Why are some people making such a drama?

I'm sure we'll get more info on this aspect soon. If your PC is a bit old then wait, if it's not then I doubt it will be an issue.

I think if you can Run Rof and now Clod, its for sure you will Run Bos whit maximum or almost Highest details. I have a Gtx570ti and a I5-500k, im sure the next year, some of the new Fps games, will not run at maximun at my pc but for sure, Bos will be near the highest settings.

Edited by =RDS=Manu_vc

It's been stated several times on this forum already, if RoF runs well on your system, BoS shouldn't be a problem. What's not to get? If anyone isn't finding the answers they need to preorder then wait. Like everything else in life, doing some research usually provides the answers we need.

The presentation and info / videos presented was enough for me to go in with premium pre-order as well. I played ROF a fair bit and went though the separate MG / 1C CLOD fiasco and my impression of 777 is that they know far better how to get a polished product out the door. As they're the ones running and developing this project I feel comfortable that the final product will be finished more or less on time and will be perfectly playable once released.

I was also holding off initially to get a better idea of the level of realism they were aiming for. CLOD missed the mark in a number of areas where you have to wonder just what the hell they were thinking when they modelled certain aspects the way they did. BOS looks a lot better in that regard and if, as Requiem stated, they're aiming more towards the DCS P51-D side of things when it comes to flight modelling fidelity then I think I'll be happy.

We are proud to present you our newest flight simulator - IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad. This isa continuation of the legendary Sturmovik series and for more than 10 years it has been the standard for the combat simulation genre. IL-2 products have received worldwide recognition by gamers from every corner of the globe. This new entry into this series will offer virtual pilots and players an even more accurate reproduction of the legendary air battles of World War II. A new, higher level of physics modeling, damage modeling and aerodynamics has been achieved. Battle of Stalingrad will include several famous aircraft that have been recreated from detailed drawings and blueprints and they will fly over the most ambitious and detailed reconstruction ever attempted in a flight-sim of the most critical battle on the Eastern Front.

We invite you to become a participant in the development of BOS by placing a Pre-Order. By doing this, you will be the first to get access to the product and help us to make it even better.The combat flight-sim genre now needs your attention; modest budgets do not allow the realizationof everything virtual pilots dream about at once. But together we can truly revolutionize the genre and bring back a true legend to the sky!

If there are truly a lot of us, more than the skeptics think, and if the time of serious games for the PC has not passed, then we can make more with your support.

Let's strive for success together!

Go to pre-order page now.

• Early Access: Buyers of the Standard Edition will get early access in winter 2013 prior to public release. Buyers of Premium Edition will get the early access in autumn 2013.
  • Founder's Tag: Buyers of the Standard Edition will get a Silver IL-2 Sturmovik logo placed under their avatar in the community forum. Buyers of the Premium Edition will get a Gold IL-2 Sturmovik logo placed under their avatar on the forum.
  • Aircraft at Launch:  Buyers of the Standard and Premium Editions will get the same base set of 6 aircraft (LaGG-3 (series 29), Bf-109 F-4, IL-2 AM-38 (1942 year's model, single-seat), Ju-87 D-3, Pe-2 (series 87 and 110) and He-111 H-6) with the possibility to earn 2 more aircrafts in the game (Yak-1 and Bf-109 G-2).
  • Special Aircraft Set: Buyers of the Premium Edition will also get access to a couple more special aircraft (La-5 and Fw-190 A-3) which cannot be obtained in the game, but can be purchased in our store after launch.
  • Special Label: Buyers of the Premium Edition will get a special label inside the game interface next to their nickname which will stand out from the other players in multiplayer mode.You can turn it off or on as you wish.
  • Send a Gift to a Friend: We have also built a system to send gifts. Not only can you purchase a Pre-Order copy for yourself, but you can also purchase one or more copies of either edition per user account (email) and send it to a friend. You can activate one copy (digital key) on your account and send the others to friends, family or squadron mates. The gift system will be available with the opening of the early access period in autumn 2013 to buyers of all versions.

i have a dejaveu, or two..... :)

Can anyone from 777/1C confirm how long this pre-order for the premium version will be open for?

Basically, do i need to scrape it together now, or can i safely wait till next pay cheque?

You have some time. :-)

Jason

Jason

Thanks for the response Jason, Looking for it the next weeks.

Well, if the most important for you is to not risk any dollar than wait and see, it's legitimate. But if you want to support the WWII flight sim genre than you could preorder, IF you can afford it. It also always depends on the respective budget.

Hi Gents,

My first post say - premium purchased.  Cant go wrong :biggrin:

Jason

thanks for the reply, next pay cheque it is then.

Hi all, i have do my premium order.

i trust with BOS like on ROF.

Thanks Jason team and 777/1C.

.Michel.

I am talking about in this thread where the discussion is taking place.. I have no idea what is going on outside of this..

I don't get why people get their pants in a twist over the fact that people asks for some info before pre ordering? What`s the deal any ways? We/they/him/here/whomever isnt asking for anything less than ANY other costumer would under ANY other circumstances before purchasing a product, or in most cases other than the blind faith given by starved sim gamers, demand.

Lighten up for pete sake.

No ones shorts are in a knot at all.. hey folks .. it's your money you do whatever you want with it.. My problem comes with the attitudes directed at the developers and the angst being brought to bear over here based on experiences in other places that this team had absolutely nothing to do with.. and they have been forthright.. and they have provided us with a great amount of information to base an educated purchase on ...

I can speak only for myself, but what I find kind of annoying is that, in my opinion, there is a lot of information available and it seems that some people either don't understand what they read or don't bother looking for those answers for their questions. Of course not all requests for more information are like that, there are lot's of valid questions also.

Exactly... and they have obviously not told us every detail.. but what developer does? However as I have said multiple times.. we now at this juncture have gotten more concrete information in the past 7 months than we had in 5+ years of CoD development.. so that right there makes me go :wacko:  when I see all these indignant posts making reference to CoD .. again .. a product that this team had nothing at all to do with .. then or now.

I agree.

In addition to myself only one among at least 20 teammates of mine have already preordered BoS. Most of them have RoF (with many planes) but are not used to fly it since they don't like WW1. Still they supported it (as also DCS products).

They have a great respect for 777's work but are really disappointed with 1C. I have preordered BoS since the videos showing that the engine is already there and it's a nice one, otherwise I would have waited for more info.

..and that is my point ... It isn't like someone is saying... "You're gonna love it ... trust me.." whith no basis in reality.. There are multiple sources here who have seen and heard and experienced parts of this and they too are saying basically that it looks like things are moving pretty well and those who have faith in this project have a faith well founded.. The fact that so many who have chosen to not preorder and have mentioned CoD as the reason .. that is the only reason why I am even in this discussion.. I really don't care if you buy it now or later but I am of the mindset and of course I could be wrong.. that if you choose not to buy now you will do so later.. I am pretty confident in that .. even the folks who feel that they got burned by 1C with CoD

Winger

The first part absolutely .. The second part.. well not quite.. some may just not have the disposable income at the time .. ot they may want to wait until they get a rig that can run it better.. or thay may just want to wait.. who knows.. and again it is their money to do with as they please and I certainly am not knocking them for it..  as I have said .. my issue is with the sins from another time, another place, another sim and another team being applied to this team and this project..

That is my only beef.

What one chooses to buy, when one chooses to buy or whether they choose to buy at all, now or later is beyond the scope of anything that I have any control over so  I am not going to sweat it.

Rember too that there are two options as far as pre ordering goes so it isn't like you are being told that in order to pre order you must pay $90. Or an indication that the sim opnce released will be $90 .. we do not know any of that yet. The standard pre order for most games that I have seen is $50 or more in some cases.. and that is the only option.. Here you have two options and I can only imagine that if I were to choose the standard option that I would have to pay for the missing content at some point anyway.. and frankly then I would probably buy only one of the two planes listed as bonus aircraft.. so for me.. why not do it now.. I planned to buy this regardless.

I have no problem supporting the genre or this specific team.. If someone else does than that is their choice but don't keep spouting off about CoD.. as if these guys had something to do with that.. Even the company name is different.. This is 1CGS .. CoD was 1C Company.. and as for RoF.. Look I do not like WWI .. it is too slow for me.. but RoF as it is now especially is a great bargain..  You can DL the sim with two planes for free...  :dry:  and you get the full sim and all the content as AI so you can fully explore the sim.. :sleep: and you just have to pay for what you want to fly.. ?  :rolleyes:  Please.. that is a steal.. a GREAT deal.. and the planes are not an arm and a leg to begin with and they go on sale every few months..? :o:

Pfft... RoF should be a no brainer for any skeptic just to get an idea of what is potentially possible in BoS ... You guys can do what you want.. I am looking forward to Autum of 2013.

• Upvote 1

Can we change the email using for the forum, because, i don't want using that mail for buying product (and for the login in the game if it works like RoF). I didn't see anything in the profil settings.

Would the mail using for the pre-order will be the same for login account in the game ?

• Upvote 1

Great!! :)

I pre-ordered the premium edition.

Bearcat, does part of your contract as a moderator include a stipulation that you have to be a rabid defender of the product and automatically attack people who are rightfully skeptic? A stipulation to constantly be constructing support? I got the same forced vibe from FSM's hype thread a few weeks/months ago.

I used the term "us" to mean "we, the skeptics" and I find your behaviour to be akin to a person covering their ears and repeating a mantra.

Huge textwalls won't cancel out the fact that yes, this new team is a merger of ROF people and CLOD people. Therefore it by definition includes the CLOD team, or some part of it. You can ignore that fact all you want but it doesn't mean it's not true: Maybe some of you are prepared to put all the blame on Luthier but in my experience it takes two to tango, and I don't need Bearcat jumping down my throat every time I express well-deserved caution and skepticism.

---

Jason keeps saying "it's totally different from ROF" but doesn't give specifics as to the way in which it's different. First it was "you can unlock everything by grinding" and now it's pay-to-win with the two best planes available for $20 each.

Edited by JG13Doggles

Bearcat is only defending something he is passionate about, which is understandable; he also goes on to say:

What one chooses to buy, when one chooses to buy or whether they choose to buy at all, now or later is beyond the scope of anything that I have any control over so  I am not going to sweat it.

No-one is forcing anyone to buy, or saying you're wrong to wait, or attacking anyone, as far as I can tell. Why the arguments over a pre-order? If people want to buy, then do so; if you want to wait, then wait! :)

Edited by Tone71

Bearcat, does part of your contract as a moderator include a stipulation that you have to be a rabid defender of the product and automatically attack people who are rightfully skeptic? A stipulation to constantly be constructing support? I got the same forced vibe from FSM's hype thread a few weeks/months ago.

I used the term "us" to mean "we, the skeptics" and I find your behaviour to be akin to a person covering their ears and repeating a mantra.

Huge textwalls won't cancel out the fact that yes, this new team is a merger of ROF people and CLOD people. Therefore it by definition includes the CLOD team, or some part of it. You can ignore that fact all you want but it doesn't mean it's not true: Maybe some of you are prepared to put all the blame on Luthier but in my experience it takes two to tango, and I don't need Bearcat jumping down my throat every time I express well-deserved caution and skepticism.

---

Jason keeps saying "it's totally different from ROF" but doesn't give specifics as to the way in which it's different. First it was "you can unlock everything by grinding" and now it's pay-to-win with the two best planes available for $20 each.

Attack? :unsure: Who did I attack... I'm just curious.. :dry: .. and no I don't have a contract.. and I would call my actions more .. ardent as opposed to rabid... and yes I am an ardent and totally unapologetic supporter of this product and that has less to do with my being a moderator here and more to do with my respect for the team.. and it's leader.. and what they have shown over the past 7 months..  I have been seeing Jason around here since 2002.. early 2002.. and that was when he was more a simmer than a businessman as far as the genre goes.. at least as far as I know.. He has always been a man of his word and 777 is the only reason why RoF is even still around today. It would have gone under had it not been fior 777s intervention.. at least that is my take.. 

I do not try to construct support but rather do my best to deconstruct dissent.. which is welcome where it is warranted.. In this case it is not. I do not have to construct support.. that is not my joband an impossible task for me to undertake... That is the job of 1CGS .. and I think that have done a d@mn fine job of it over the past 7 going on 8 months.. d@mn fine.

I wonder why some people are even posting on these forums, just seem like bitter people that aren't sure what the hell they want and just want to moan. 

Jason

Now that is a to the point answer if i,ve ever herd one `:)

Hello,

Cool list of planes, and it is nice preordering is open now ! The collector edition is definitely a must !

I won't preorder it though, as I'm quite low on funds right now :(  But I bet a lot of people will do it ! 

The trailer is cool too ! I think it is not representative of gameplay at all (it is an ad after all, it must be quick and punchy ;) ) but the graphics look really like the in-game ones we saw. Maybe a small rendering pass over it, but not much really.

One thing I've noticed, and I don't now if it has been mentionned is : (wait for it...

Infantry ! Little soldiers running away from the trucks when the Il-2 attacks the convoy !! They must be in-game too ! (I can only hope)