Stab/JG1_Klaiber

JG 1 "Oesau" is recruiting

Hi All,

Just wanted to make a quick announcement.

http://forum.jg1.org/topic/3770-jg-1-oesau-announcement/

JG1 has a long and storied history online.  This is something that everyone within our squadron is very proud of.

It's fitting, therefore, that on the 24th Anniversary of our founding (March 1992), JG1 is ready to announce it's official expansion within the online WW2 flight sim community.

This is a momentous occasion for us, as it shows our squadron's continued internal, as well as international, cooperation.

To the announcement:

For 15 years, this squadron has represented itself as II.Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 1 (II./JG 1) within all Second World War flight sims.  This will not change!   The II./JG1 name, borrowed from the historical unit, is fundamentally tied to who we are.

However, with the blessing of JG1.sk, our squadron is now going to also adopt the I.Gruppe Jagdgeshwader 1 (I./JG 1) name as well.

I./JG 1 will be composed primarily of European pilots, and II./JG 1 will be composed of primarily North American pilots.

Additionally, I'm very proud to announce that the III./JG 1 squadron, commanded by III./JG1_Willy, has decided to merge into us.

III.Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 1 (III./JG 1) is European-based, and is heavily involved in IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad and IL-2: 1946.  They also fly DCS World as well.

With this merger, the JG 1 "Oeasu" geschwader is now complete!

As a result, people should expect to see our JG1 pilots online with the following prefix uniforms:

• Stab./JG1_
  • I./JG1_
  • II./JG1_
  • III./JG1_

Looking forward to seeing you all in the virtual skies!

Edited by II./JG1_Klaiber
  • Upvote 3

S! Klaiber,

That is a great news, and I hope to see you and the rest of JG1 in the skies soon!

Hey JG1

I would like to open invite your staffel to fly with us this on Friday's 930 pm EST and Sunday's 230 pm EST. We have a 30 slot teamspeak and if you can make we'd love to have you join us for some great fighter action. Shoot me a PM and Ill give you our TS information. Salute Klaiber!

Edited by II./JG53_Badger
  • Upvote 1

Hey JG1

I would like to open invite your staffel to fly with us this on Friday's 930 pm EST and Sunday's 230 pm EST. We have a 30 slot teamspeak and if you can make we'd love to have you join us for some great fighter action. Shoot me a PM and Ill give you our TS information. Salute Klaiber!

Kameraden,

Is this time slot still open for BoS & BoM, I have most of my issues worked out now.

S!

• Like 1

Some pictures of Bf109E-7's of I./JG1, early 1942:

post-1464-0-00065600-1468777624_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-22768600-1468777636_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-14093300-1468777641_thumb.jpg

I dont remember where, but I swear I saw "Black 8" and some other numbers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

Is there any chance I can talk to you all on your TS/Discord/VOIP.

• Like 1

Hi Spig,

Sure, I'd be happy to talk with you on TS.  My time online is limited due to work, but I'm sure we can find some time that works for both of us.

I'll drop you a PM.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stab/JG1_Klaiber said:

Hi Ruben,

You're of course welcome to apply, but I'm happy to see that you've started your own squadron!  Good luck with it.  Hope to see you in the virtual skies!

I am sorry, I am using this account with my friend who did not know about my squadron. I (or we) hope to see you guys too!