BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 72

Hi Everybody,

The traditional Friday update is waiting to be deployed for you later today. And while Loft and Jason are on their challenging business trip visiting the America’s most popular gaming media, we here at the studio are preparing all kinds of improvements for BOS.

Ammocounters that many of you have been waiting for are going to become available on both Bf 109 and on Ju-87. A nice improvement has been made to the DM - it is now possible to cause damage to enemy’s machine guns and cannons and practically disable them. There are also going to be visual changes - you’ll notice that we’ve implemented vapour trails and wingtip trails that often appear when a plane reaches critical angles.

FW 190 A-3 that some of you are eager to see in the game is planned to be released next week. And as we’re doing our best to make it happen, check out this short flight video featuring the fighter.

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 1

I'm in heaven! I just saw a FW-190-movie from the devs!

Great other improvements too. It is going to be a great sim!

Thank you!

Awesome news. Nex week will be hard to survive:)

Thanks for the video and i cant wait to see the new effects.

CU over Stalingrad.

Ah, one more thing that has just popped up - a DM improvement. You can now damage the bomb racks, so the bomb would drop. I hope that's a proper explanation :)

• Upvote 1

Time to say goodnight, VVS (although idiots like me will fly the 190 all wrong and allow you plenty of chances to down it!).

That thing just has a sinister beauty about it. I love it! I find the 109 far easier to fly and do well in, but I love the 190.

Wha..? Ohhhh. I see what you did there.

We can but hope. Community 3D modellers and FMers, get on it! It'll be the fastest (only?) way we'll get the Tante in-game, I reckon.

One more week... finally we'll get a German fighter that is armed... :biggrin:

Wait... this isn't Oleg's World :lol:

We'll get a fighter that cuts through anything like butter :)

Great news Zak!

Thank you so much for showing us that beauty!!!!! 

And great new features waiting for us too - this get's better from weekend to weekend  :good:

Woooohoo, Awsome! The 190 sounds great. And man, it does indeed look very sinister :)

Great news, on the ammo counters and DM. :good:

The today update force me again to reinstall the game because of the Error "Checking Version" then "failed to update".... a never ending circle...........

Lets see what the update improve or not?

Can't understand why so many people have problems with updates? I just followed the Devs posts. :scratch_one-s_head:

GREAT news.  Still no cockpit visuals??? Considering how long they've been working on it the cockpit must be a work of art.

Tiger - did you grab the mid-week mini-update? That may be it. Or it may well be uploaded but they haven't yet announced it.

Developer diaries:62 and 64 provide good information on updates. I followed these instuctions and have had no problems with updates. Hope this helps  the folks that are having problems before update 72 is announced :salute:

Edited by Boomerang

The moment Fw reaches skies over Stalingrad I will switch to different sci-fi (Elite Dangerous) :P

Nice engine sound demosntration! Could use a little more bass (Bass, Bass, wir brauchen Bass!) to sound more "powerfull" but it's still amazing. :)

Ammo counters are good addition indeed so are the vapour trails! Will make fighting more interesting and easier to predict stalls.

Edited by [Jg26]5tuk4

Well im actually half relieved. My entire g940 flight control system just went tango uniform. And i ordered a new system saitek x-55 amd saitek combat pedals. It all gets here on wednesday

Edited by =SE=Hooves

Great update.

Is it easier doing deflection shots using pedals? How big an improvement are they?

My first post in here should be a positive one so I will start with. Yay, good work. Looking forward to this and next week now.

Bloody 'ell! It's the Tiny Viking! Hello Cato :biggrin:

S!

Fw190A sure looks nice. Can't wait to take it out for a flight :) Any spesific changes or additions regarding the visuals? I understood that the bomb rack can be damaged and ripping off the bomb if you pull too much G? Or am I completely wrong? There are maneuvering limitations with bombs attached. Have a nice weekend all.