Thread to gather your suggestions

Type of improvement: Gameplay

Explanation of proposal: Remove all unlocks for planes in the release. Planes should be able to be customized from day one rank one. Rank should only be a rating of the skill of a player, not to unlock weapons.

Benefits: Equal grounds for all players regardless of how much time you have spent playing. Most players are flight simulation veterans and generally mature players. As mature players many of us don't have the time to spend sinking hours upon hours into a game to unlock everything.  

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: Yak-1 Series 69  mod
Explanation of proposals: Allow for the Yak-1 light modifications, such as the removal of the two 
 7.62 mm ShKAS machine guns.

Benefits: The Yak-1 will be less nose heavy, lighter, and may perform better, particularly in terms of climb, turn, roll, and acceleration.

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA
  • Upvote 2

Type of improvement: 7) Gameplay

Explanation of proposal: Flexible frontlines dependant on successfully completing air missions (would work better in Single Player).

Benefits: Immersion, the pilots flying above Stalingrad were relevant to the campaign or adding a feeling of contribution to the fighting on the ground.

For example: If this is to truly represent the fighting and you want pilot-players to feel part of the action then flying to maintain or destroy Goerings promise should be one of the key aspects of the broader story: "Mein Fuehrer, the Luftwaffe can resupply Stalingrad from the air"

For longevity I would love to see a bigger objective apart from just collecting kills especially in any single player campaign.

• Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Flight test mission

Detailed description: Provide a mission to users with standard atmosphere.

Benefit: This allows players to test aircraft performance in standard condition without the influence of differences in atmosphere on the flight model.

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement Yak-7UTI 186 built in 1941 / Yak-7V 510 built in 1942/43 Dual seat Recon or trainer . ( Can be other forces )

La-5UTI 1943 can be added later on.

Detailed description: Recon mission dual seat, Trainer dual seat to learn with a more experienced virtual pilot.

Benefit: Learning and Missions that add a lot in the game play and for Squads.  great tool and learning experience. ( Great marketing as well )

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Gameplay, Graphics

Explanation of proposals: Consider adding blinding effects for pilots.

This is similar to my previous suggestion of a brighter sun, but now would be implemented for the pilot similar to injuries. If a pilot keeps looking directly into the sun, he should be affected by it e.g. by the screen going completely white from being blinded. If this happens and the player looks away, it takes a few seconds until the vision comes back.

Benefits: Looking into the sun will be even closer to reality, tactical positioning in dogfights will become even-even more important and attacks out of the sun will become even more viable thus adding even more greatly to the immersion of the game.

...even!

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Type of improvement:   Ai

Detailed description:  Ai Planes try to crash land their damage plane instead of bailing when engine crippled.

Benefit:  Big benefit to immersion, a WW2 sim staple since the original Il-2.

Type of improvement:   Graphical / Gameplay

Detailed description:  If you follow a plane in its trail of oil or fuel it splatters on your windscreen.

Benefit:  Benefit to immersion, slight gameplay dynamic added too by messing with your vision.

Type of improvement:   Graphical

Detailed description:  Trails behind crashed planes in the snow.  Like the tire tracks already present planes sliding or tumbling along the ground could leave a scar in the snow with little debris and oil stains in it.

Benefit:  Benefit to immersion purely.

Type of improvement:   Graphical

Detailed description:  Loose damaged panels that get ripped off from aerodynamic forces.  Like the flaps and wings already do, panels around the plane like the engine cover and stuff could be damage to the extent that they are not blown off but flapping in the wind and then get ripped off from the drag.

Benefit:  Benefit to immersion.

Type of improvement:   Graphical / Damage model

Detailed description:  Landing gear locks can be destroyed causing a landing gear to extend by itself.

Benefit:  Benefit to immersion, causes drag and loss of landing gear to plane.

Type of improvement:   Graphical / Gameplay

Detailed description:  Model physics break point at the engine mount.  Extreme damage or force from a crash causes the engine to break off  the plane.

Benefit:  Benefit to immersion (what a surprise!), Sort of gameplay in that it changes the planes physics but if you have your engine blown off you probably aren't in much condition to fly or you've already crashed but it does look spectacular!

Thanks for reading!

:salute: 

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: Sound

Explanation of proposals: Removal of Sound effects where own bullets are impacting another aircraft and are heard in own cockpit (engine running)

Benefits: More realistic; IL2 BoS does a great job avoiding the flight sim/game typical but unrealistic engine sounds of other airplanes approaching; going by the same logic, it should be impossible to hear your own bullets impacting another aircraft; therefore, please remove

Created discussion thread with poll in poll forum

MAC

Edited by Rama
merged posts
  • Upvote 1

Type of improvement:  Change Force Feedback implementation.

Explanation of proposals: Force Feedback files use "cannon.ffe" effect  to skake the stick when firing and to shake the plane in pre-stall.

Unbind in game code the the stick shake when firing cannon, leaving only the pre-stall warning.

The first effect is "gamey" and disrupt aim, and if the file are tuned down (with FFedit) the pre-stall warning became almost imperceptible.

Benefits: Force Feedback more useful and less "gamey".

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Radio (communication) menu. Maybe a type of HOTAS-menu.

Explanation of proposals: Implementation of a radio menu like in other sims. If we get more commands than we have at the moment, it won`t be easy to remember all those commands and their key combinations. Commands like different types of formations, close and far formations, behaviours of your fellow AI-squadron members, etc...

Without a clickpit, I think we have enough other key commands to remember.

Maybe it`s possible to implement a kind of HOTAS radio menu. You open the menu with a key or button on the throttle or stick. Then you select the needed radio command (or sub-menu) with a switch or two other buttons (up and down) and confirm your selected command by pressing the first button (that also opens the menu) again.Command will be executed and menu closed.

Benefits: Better overview over the radio commands, radio commands selectable with hands on throttle and stick

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: Graphics / Physics / Damage modeling

Explanation of proposals: While Battle of Stalingrad has an impressive damage system, I still feel it is lacking realism in many aspects. One of these is the locations at which parts can be ripped off. They are far too repetitive and generally look boring. For example wings break off at the same section every time at a similar spot on every airplane. Same thing applies to the tail sections.

So what is my proposal? Add a more dynamic system where parts rip off depending on the point of impact or damaged area. For example if you scrape the tip of your wing on an object, a piece of the top can get ripped off.

Benefits: Realism and immersion. For example if small bits of your aircraft are blown off by bullets or collisions, you will have a chance to return to base or land (unlike the current system where if you damage a wing, half of it falls off and your pretty much screwed).

Edited by TeddyShot
Type of improvement: Game Play / Keymapping

Explanation of proposals: I think you should make the key setup process a little bit more intuitive and easy for the player. Maybe try doing something that could involve a diagram/picture of the plane that enables you to see exactly what key controls what instrument on the instrument panel. I think that if you could find an alternative way to key mapping for a flight simulator, it would really give an innovative touch to the game. For example, make the categories a bit different, like (airport/ignition; takeoff Landing, navigation, air combat, bombing, night flight, etc.) Therefore, when you have to deal with each of these situations, you know exactly where to find the controls you need.

Benefits: Easier control setup, less waste of time pausing/playing the game to figure out what does what.

Type of improvement: Game Play / advanced tutorial / realism

Explanation of proposals: It would be really interesting if you could give an advanced tutorial for a few machines like the bf109 or the il2, basically teaching you really how to fly it by using realism mode. I'm a pilot and I would love to know all the different speeds and "checklist" features of a bf109, without having to search them on youtube or lookthem up on Google. So the tutorial would teach you from A-Z how to operate a bf109 with all the details of realistic Flying, things that a regular flight simulator don't really offer (they usually offer basic arcade mode Flying).

Benefits: Have more people try the realism mode without being fustrated coz they don't know they need to open the oil radiator or use flaps for Landing (and similar stuff like that). People would be more inclined to play realism mode if they knew how to play it, or at least they were given the tools to do so.

• Upvote 1
Type of improvement: realism, visual, immersion

Explanation of proposals: Toggleable pilot model inside cockpit

Benefits: See your legs and body inside body to add to sense of presence. Right now it feels I am controller telepathic quadriplegic.

• Upvote 5

Type of improvement: Radio

Explanation of proposals: After Ejecting from aircraft, It seems more realistic that you shouldn't still hear radio chatter between the other pilots. 

Benefits: Useful for making the player feel more like there out of the battle.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Fuel burn rate server side customization

Explanation of proposals: Allow the server to dictate server side fuel burn rate ranging from normal (1x) up to 10 times normal burn rate. This will allow smaller maps that are created to have aircraft require full full loads at take off but the burn rate will scale the flight times for small maps.
Benefits: Realistic fuel loads on smaller maps/missions that would only require 30% fuel loads to accomplish the mission would now require 100% fuel loads to carry out the mission and return to base. This would enforce not only all players to have realistic fuel loads at take off, but also it would force players to take that into account so that they wouldn't venture far outside of the mission area to gain altitude and circumvent the en route defenses because they loaded up at 100% fuel load to do fly circles around the mission area when they only needed 30% fuel load to accomplish the mission. It keeps action centered in the mission area.

Edited by FuriousMeow
Type of improvement: realism, visual, immersion

Explanation of proposals: Leave debris and aircraft parts on crash site. Right now all the parts/debris/fire are removed after 2-3 seconds of the crash.

Leave some remains/craters on site to notice that a plane was shot down there.

Benefits: Better inmersion/realism.

Note: If this could affect game speed/fps droop just make it optional for single player.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Game Play / Keymapping

Explanation of proposals:  Implementation of a FFB-Reset Button.

Benefits:  As in ROF, there is the bug, that mission changes or Alt-Tab can cause the FFB to loose force, have maximum force or have the "kicks". The reset procedure (change force slider and Apply)  is a bit "annoying" (and can cause virtuell deaths in MP). A reset button for FFB would make this much easier.

Edited by Quax
  • Upvote 2
Type of improvement:  New field modification for the Il 2

Explanation of proposals:  It would cool to fly the Version of the Il-2 with the Skis instead of the usual landing gear.

Benefits:  Looks nice and would be usfull if you have to land in the field 

Edited by tonebender

Type of improvement: Graphics / UI

Explanation of proposal: Improve multiple display support

Specifically I would like improved 3-screen support, but a more general solution would allow as many displays as the GPUs can drive.

I have a 3 monitor 4K setup (3 x 2560x1440) that I can't really use well with RoF and (consequently) BoS.

BoS currently relies upon the graphics driver to coalesce multiple screens (eg nVidia surround) into a single screen buffer.

It would be more flexible if the game could directly drive the three screens independently.

As I understand this adds quite a bit of complexity, a compromise would allow the user to independently select the vertical and horizontal field of view for the current single display.

For example, arranged in landscape 3 QHD screens have a 48:9 aspect ratio. Currently this is not well supported, with a lower aspect ratio projection instead being stretched to fit the wide screen.

I have tried using 3 screens in landscape with RoF and BoS without much joy, so I currently am forced to arrange the three screens in portrait for a more conventional aspect ratio. In so doing I have lost the peripheral vision benefits that were the point of buying 3 large screens.

Mine might be an edge case but I suspect at least the compromise of user-selectable vfov and hfov to be relatively simple to implement.

At some point, if it is ever supported, I'd like to move to a hemispherical projection system - so the more general solution of mapping multiple arbitrary viewports to displays would be the best solution for me, if a fair bit more complex to deliver.

Benefits: MUCH more immersive gameplay. The value of peripheral vision tends to go unnoticed until you lose it. A fighter pilot spends the vast majority of his time scanning the sky. Especially when defensive, the importance of peripheral vision to SA is huge. Things like TrackIR help with the scanning but the only solution for peripheral vision is enveloping displays.

Type of improvement: Audio / Communication

Explanation of proposal: Integrated radio communications with discrete, cockpit-selectable frequencies

The best example of what I'd like can be found in the ACRE mod to ARMA2. Radio capabilities such as range, noise, rain and terrain fade, and discrete (squad, company, command) channels are all modelled.

Integrated radio is preferable to Teamspeak for many reasons. Effects due to range, topology and atmospherics can be modelled for a more authentic experience. "Channels" can be changed in flight by element leads to switch between element and wing frequencies. You can optionally configure 2 channels concurrently (eg element in right audio channel - wing in left).

TS squatting by opposing players is foiled and endless inane chatter by people outside your element doesn't clutter the aether. It also adds to the immersion, from pre-flight planning and briefing to in-flight element coordination.

Benefits: More immersive gameplay. Tighter integration of radio with game features. If you look well forward, voice recognition to replace AI element key-bindings could be an extension.

Type of improvement: Audio device (sound card) selectable in audio configuration

Explanation of proposal: Would really appreciate if the audio device would be selectable in audio setup. Right now I'm using a Logitech headset which has a sound card included. If I want to use my normal PC speakers to e.g. listen music with the PC, I always have to unplug the headset, because the sound card within it is the standard device for windows. If I want to fly I have to plug-in the headset (if I forget it or do too late, I have to restart the game). If I would change the standard selection to the speakers then also BoS would use them, instead of the headset. So, if I could select the audio device in the audio setup of the game, I could let the speakers as standard for normal PC usage while the headset is still connected and used for BoS.

Benefits: Not to permanently plug and unplug headset or to change the standard audio selection in Windows.

Type of improvement: Re-arm area waypoint/airfield area in Quick Mission Builder and Multi-Player.

Explanation of proposals: There can be two waypoints (one allies and one axis) on the map far apart from each other to avoid 'vulching'. They would be 1500m up to and including 3000m and cover a radius of 2km. The pilots would fly in for 30 seconds and be fully armed. There can also be an arm-dearm area on the airfield that pilots could taxi to. if possible animated ground re-arming crews (at 75% completion)?

Benefits: The airfield option may not benefit new pilots in multi-player but for some of us vets who can survive for lone periods of time we have the reward of re-arming instead of spectating and getting a new plane. The waypoint re-arm areas are more for the quick mission builder for longer practice sessions if any aircraft or ground targets still exist. So, longer gameplay and just a little more realism.

Edited by 9./JG54_SPEKTRE76

Type of improvement: Gameplay/Immersion

Explanation of proposal: Make s​witching to and manning rear turret firing positions less cumbersome. Change requirement to simply hop into the turret, upon arrival, the crew member should be manning the guns without requiring multiple keystrokes to get the gun into operation. A real gunner is already there, in combat, ready to fire. Also, change the labels for moving the turret in the settings panel to something obvious. 

Benefits:  Diminish tedious, frustrating, confusing keyboard commands in the midst of combat. The real airplanes were less completed to get a gun into action.

Edited by Victory205
  • Upvote 1

Type of improvement: triple screen help

Explanation of proposals:i have a 3 screen setup 24" x 3 in portrait. when i play the game all is good but when i go to play online the way the server page is setup i cannot see how many ppl are in the server the bezels cover it so i go in blind if any 1 is in or not. however i don't have this problem in ROF because the srver screen is setup to where it is only on my center screen. i been all over this forum looking to see if there was something i am missing ( i.e. a setting) to fix it but, i have no luck there. so to the devs...can you fix this to make it readable i know not a lot play this way but i love my setup. i just wish it was set up more like ROF in this case...thoughts? 

Benefits: so ppl can see how many ppl are in servers

Type of improvement: Graphics

Explanation of proposals: Eliminate the whiteout effects even when clear of clouds. In the current version of BoS the clouds obscure vision inappropriately, sometimes even when hundreds of meters away from them. You can fly a path on which you have unrestricted visibility, and suddenly find yourself in whiteout conditions (and other players can see you just fine, even though are blind). The range of this white out effect needs to be seriously reduced to happen only when some distance within a cloud.

Benefits: Realism, fairness, immersion etc.

This is what it looks like when flying near and through the edges of clouds in the real (and beautiful) world: 

Edited by TX-EcoDragon
  • Upvote 3

Type of improvement: UI, game manual

Explanation: the load outs in BoS are great - well researched and implemented. However, for new users or casual players the names are pretty hard to understand. I suggest tool tips or a small knowledge base where every weapon is explained in short, simple terms. Something like:

Name and Pic

Type

Use

E.g.

SC250

High explosive bomb

For use against blah blah blah

Benefit: Reduces learning curve for new players; helps casual players understand the confusing loadout options more easily, and lets them select the best load outs for a particular mission

• Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Interface

Explanation of proposals: Save Settings to disk after they have been changed. Now it seems that if I change settings and then the game crashes all my settings changes disappear.

Benefits: Users don't like losing their settings. This would reduce the risk. Now maybe network connection to server is lost and the game UI says "please wait" and the game is stuck, you have to kill the process.

Type of improvement: Controls/GUI
Explanation of proposals: Have separate functions for Extend and Retract Dive Brake and Gear (same as with flaps).
Benefits: Currently the toggle switch for the dive brake in the Ju 87 is rather inconventient as the player cannot be 100% sure that the brake will go the way he wishes at the moment (at least it didn't when I wanted to extend the dive brake). I'd also feel more secure if the gear mechanism was treated the same way. I would like to be able to map these functions to the flip switches of my Saitek X-55 and be always sure that the device does what I want.

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: behavior of non human played planes.

Explanation of proposals: diferent behavior for fighters and bombers for the moment de the bombers are a lot to much agressive...a lot! 

Benefits: A lot more realism in the missions QMD or other.

Edited by senseispcc
  • Upvote 1

Type of improvement: graphic.

Explanation of proposals: correction of the error the Yak-1 exhausts right works OK but left do not work at all!

exsausts.jpg

Benefits: Correction of a bug!

Edited by senseispcc

Type of Improvement: QMB gameplay/immersion.

Explanation of proposals: My suggestion would be to have friendly AAA placed around the designated "home" airfield of each QMB mission starting area (I believe each QMB mission starting area already has a designated "home" airfield - however, currently there is no friendly AAA on the QMB map.

Benefits:  The benefit is that having friendly AAA at the player's QMB home base opens up other gameplay options for the player.  For instance, if the player's mission hasn't gone very well - his pilot/plane have become wounded/damaged, or he's out of ammo, his wingmen are gone and one or more Bots are relentlessly pursuing him - with no friendly AAA on the map, the outcome is fairly obvious. 

However, with friendly AAA at the player's home base, a new gameplay goal is available:  Return to base and (maybe) survive!

Having friendly AAA at the base and actually getting there in one piece, would still be no guarantee that the player could land unmolested.  However, it would give him a chance to survive an otherwise unsurvivable scenario.

Cheers,

Rod

Type of improvement: Multiplayer

Explanation of proposals:  Intruducing an "ressource system" for Multiplayer with the following concept -

If a player get killed in fight the team will lose 100% of the ressource the plaine-costs to respawn (weaker planes are less expensive then stronger)

If the pilot manage to jump out of the plain, the team will lose less then 100% points.

If the player can jump out over enemy territory he will deserve an respawncooldown as well.

If he would get out the plaine (via landing or exit) over his own territory the team would lose much less points.

If a wounded player /damaged plaine could get back to their airfield, they should be able to rearm/refuel (maybe repair?) and lose only very very little ressourcepoints. 

Also attacks on the airbase or close citys / armorstorages should cost the enemy ressourcepoints. 

Benefits:  Players are much more interessted in surviving (will not always quit after they got some dmg or no ammo left) /

also weaker planes are interesting to play because you could have more of them) 

huge impact on the immersion in the game /

Bomber are more interesting to play because of their impact on matchresult  /

unique gamemode

Category of suggestion: Multiplayer scoring & people behaviour

Suggestion: I suggest to mark anybody who disconnects from game after having been hit as shot down by whomever scored the last hits. I have already observed the same annoying behaviour by some players I won't name here who disconnect as soon as their plane has been fataly hit. I suggest to notify such a behaviour by being killed in action and shot down by whomever scored the last hit so as to not provide them with any benefit from disconnecting from the game. Make this scoring behaviour optional for those who would like to run servers so each server operator can decide if he likes that feature or not.

Benefits: I think it is obvious. Disconnecting from game after having been hit is annoying for those who scored and if there is no negative consequences some people will be incited to do this in order to preserve an undeserved kill streak and stats. 

Currently this will have no impact as there is no statistics and servers are a too unstable. But as soon as they are stable which will eventually happen drop-outs will occur less. 

• Upvote 1

Category: Online stat and kill counting

Suggestion: Allow server setting option about how a kill is counted in case a plane is heavily damaged by a another player of the opposite side. Currently as soon as a certain level of damage is achieved to a plane it is counted as a kill even if the pilot of the damaged plane could still land safely on a home base. I suggest to optionally discount this as a kill in case the pilot in the plane manages to reach a home base over his side. (As a server setting option). This should have impact on mission points and kill counting for the pilot who would have scored the "kill" (which actually is no real kill anyway).

Benefit: Certain server operators might want to incite their players to behave as close as possible to what would have been the case in real life. In real life, a pilot would have attempted to reach own side and if possible an airfield to land his plane in case the damages incures allowed for controlling the plane. It would be great to have this as an option for those server operators that would like to have this feature.

Type of improvement: Gameplay
Explanation of proposals: Increase the ranges before you get the "turn around X direction" and lose control of your aircraft due to getting near the edge of the map. Right now as soon as you hit the edge you get that message and due to the speed of the aircraft in BoS you don't really have any chance to turn around before losing control. A buffer zone of maybe 1-km outside the map range before getting this message, and a further 1km after that before losing control to return your aircraft would be ideal.
Benefits:  Having the big text and arrow pop up on your screen coupled by losing control of your aircraft ruins immersion in a simulator, so increasing the range to be off the map before receiving the message and another range further out before loss of control gives players a chance to realise they are lost and turn around before losing control of their aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: Gameplay
Explanation of proposals: Avoid the switching to third person during aircraft crashes and when the aircraft finishes upside down (ie - Maintain the first person cockpit view during and after a crash).
Benefits:   Crashing should be disorientating and provide incentive not to do it again, and throwing us into third person is a strange thing to do because it takes that aspect away. Plus, we can always watch it from third person on replays instead. It was great when you stayed in the cockpit during a crash in BoS, and I can only imagine what it would be like if I had an Oculus Rift instead of a monitor.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement:   Interface

Detailed description:  Add a new plane colour setting so that Russian planes are red and Germans blue no matter whether you are flying Russian or German plane.

Benefit:  Would be clearer than current 2 options where you select friendly to be blue or red.

• Upvote 2

The recent news about skins and statistics really disappointed me. I guess most of the fans of the original Il-2 series are disappointed, too. The Devs gave us the chance to make suggestions and although there are other suggestions refering to the same topic, I´d like to take the chance. In my experience, there are three aspects that made the original Il-2 so great and able to last so long. The full mission builder, the skins and statistics.

Type of improvement: Multiplayer

Explanation of proposal: Easy to handle but powerful full mission editor

The original Il-2 took great benefit from a powerful but simple mission editor. It was the basis for squadrons of all kind, people training for league matches, single- and multiplayer. Nearly everyone could learn to use the editor by try and error and produce maps for every thinkable purpose. There are whole communitys built on the full mission builder and it was the warrantor of diversity in online server concepts. A simple editor is easy accessible and therefore adresses a broad group of players.

Benefits: The more players adressed, the more people will stay active in the communitys. The more people stay active in the communitys, the longer this game lives and people pay for it.

Explanation of proposal: Costum skins online, switchable by server and player

In all my years of playing Il-2, I witnessed only two or three times that somebody used abusive skins. Please, leave it to the players and admins to deal with improper skins. Because making and using costum skins is not only a little bit of photoshop work with some nice colours. No, it´s an art, it´s an religion. There are skinners so dedicated that one could think that they are being paid for their work. In original Il-2 series, you could look at a skin and consider who it´s creator was, because every experienced skinner had is own distinctive style. People made templates that could be easy by even the most unexperienced players. And then, they could fit their squadrons with them. Some squadrons became legendary with their skins and it was like panic in Teamspeak if someone spotted the distinctive camo pattern of XY squadron. Flying online with your squadron´s skin is something magical, it is like driving a sports car in the middle of your city. You know that the people are looking at you- and you like it. The squadrons need skins with adjustable decals to distinguish themselves. Skins affect most of the players and traffic problems could be easily avoided by adding the option to disable skins for players and server. Just hit Google and search for Il-2 skins. Skinning became kind a sub culture, a sub culture that adressed many people around Il-2.

Benefits: The more players adressed, the more people will stay active in the communitys. The more people stay active in the communitys, the longer this game lives and people pay for it.

Explanation of proposal: Detailed web statistics

In game statistics are nice, but not quite as important as web statistics. Most of the players here know role play games (like "The elder scrolls" series). There is something very fascinating around these role play games and guess what, it is not running around with an axe and slashing people. These games adress some of the most basic human needs: build, evolve and collect. In the original Il-2 series, most servers had detailed statistics. There everyone could, alone or as part of a squadron, build reputation, collect victories and evolve from zero to hero. Squadrons could use statistics to award medals or to check out candidates. Statistics were the motor of whole server concepts and necessary to jolly the people along. A statistic is like a player´s virtual memory, every moment of victory and every wrong decission is represented in it. Detailed and easy accessible statistics adress every player from the first second and awake their desire to build, evolve and collect.

• Upvote 13