BlackSix

Thread to gather your suggestions

Type of improvement: Aircraft loadout correction

Explanation: Fw 190 A-8 with F-8/G-8 mod and then 13 mils removed mod (Jabo rei) can have 2x or 3x 250kg bomb or one single 1000 kg bomb. However, it can't have only single 500 kg bomb, even though they mostly used single 500 kg bomb + two underwing droptanks (which we dont have, so one 500 kg is the way to go).

Benefits: Having the historically most used bomb load for this plane.

Type of improvement:  Ability to save gun convergence for individual planes.  

Explanation:  I have found that certain planes are easier to shoot with at different convergences.  

Example:  Setting convergence for a Spitfire mk. IX at ~250m is very good for getting hits on the target.  Setting IL-2 gun convergence to 500m is very good for ground strafing.  Leaving it at 250m is not.  

Benefit: Simply being able to set the convergence according to the plane and save it per plane would be a great convenience. One would simply have to select the plane and not potentially forget to readjust the convergence when switching to another.  

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Interface/Quality of life

Explanation of proposals: When measurment units is set to Imperial, the convergence setting in the loadout screen should be in feet/yards and not in meters. 

Benefits: This would make the P-47's/Spitty IX's (and upcoming allied aircraft's) gyro sights easier to use, as we wouldn't have to convert from meters to feet/yards. 

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: In-Game radio 

Explanation of proposals: Radio transmitter/receiver for aircraft equipped with it for in-game comms. Add hability to tweak frequencies. Quality of the signal or no signal deppending on range and terrain. Ex.: Take a look on Single Radio Standalone feature for DCS.

Benefits: Immersion, option to gather players in comms more realistically.

•  

Type of Improvement:  Display of thumbnails/preview pictures for custom skins

Explanation of proposal:  The selection screen for "official" skins displays a small thumbnail/preview picture to aid the player in the selection of a skin to use, and it is possible for modders to edit/replace these preview pictures (e.g., as I did when creating a mod with historically-marked German skin variants for some of the official skins).  However, currently there is no such preview picture displayed for "custom" skins, and when I tried to do the same thing for custom skins that I did for the modified official ones I was not able to cause the game to display the custom thumbnails.  I propose/request/suggest that the same or a similar mechanism as already exists for official skins be added to enable the game to display preview pictures for custom skins (or if such mechanism already exists perhaps you could provide some hint/instructions on how modders might trigger it to happen).

Benefits:  There are some wonderful skins being created by the community for IL-2 GB/FC (so many that it is increasingly difficult for players to organize them and find the ones they want), and this would make it much easier and more enjoyable for players to be able to find and select the custom skins that they want to use.

Edited by TG-55Panthercules