Thread to gather your suggestions

• Please log in to reply
613 replies to this topic

#601 kampf_bos

kampf_bos

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:39

Type of improvement: Gameplay, Interface

Explanation of proposals: IL2 1941 add rear glass as a modification choice

Benefits: Playing with different skins and loadouts I noticed the IL-2 1941 has the availability to remove rear part of the cockpit and replace it with an armored glass. I don't understand if it is random or if it's due to the selected weapon load. It would be useful to have that as a mod selection.

#602 kampf_bos

kampf_bos

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:48

Type of improvement: Gameplay

Explanation of proposals: Pe2 Series 35, spawn with Prop Pitch already at 100% .

Benefits: Don't waste time holding-on your control (keyboard or hotas) to get the prop pitch at 100% for take-off.

I wasted more time (and virtual planes) on an Expert server, trying to take-off with prop pitch at 0%, haven't figured it out yet, and crashing into the grass and trees. Very funny.

#603 kampf_bos

kampf_bos

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:57

Type of improvement: Gameplay, interface.

Explanation of proposals: Ability to at least replay Campaign missions and even save/export them.

Benefits: I like the idea to level up owned planes, like it was in the Unlock-era, so I play SP Campaign. Actually I'm on last Chapter of Battle of Moscow. Sometimes the generated missions are so good, it's a pity I could not replay them, if I fail objectives, or just for fun. Now every time it gets re-generated and always different.

#604 Legioneod

Legioneod

Posted 19 September 2017 - 14:48

Explanation of proposals: Remove some simplifications in the game (auto gear when it should be manual and auto tail wheel lock)

Manuel Gear: I-16 gear is auto raised when it should be manual, the main reason I want this is because the F4F wildcat has manual gear. Make it to where you have to hold the gear button to raise or lower it.

Removal of auto tail wheel: For some reason they added auto tail wheel lock to alot of aircraft and I dont know why, make it the way it was irl, I dont like the simplification. If the wheel was locked by moving the stick back then make it that way, if it was locked by manually locking it then it should work like that.

Benefits: A more realistic and immersive experience.

Edited by Legioneod, 19 September 2017 - 14:48.

8oMspDd.jpg

#605 NO_SQDeriku777

NO_SQDeriku777

Posted 19 September 2017 - 23:46

Explanation of proposals: Pe2 Series 35, spawn with Prop Pitch already at 100% .Benefits: Don't waste time holding-on your control (keyboard or hotas) to get the prop pitch at 100% for take-off.
I wasted more time (and virtual planes) on an Expert server, trying to take-off with prop pitch at 0%, haven't figured it out yet, and crashing into the grass and trees. Very funny.

My suggestion to your suggestion. Have the startup sequence include revving up to a decent safe taxiing RPM with a message to make it clear that the plane is set to Taxi RPM at the end of start-up. Otherwise you will trade one noob problem for another, mainly people cooking their engines. When I first started flying the PE-2 I couldn't understand why my engine kept overheating before take off. Basically using wheel brakes for steering with 100% RPM while taxiing doesn't work out so great

#606 EAF_Starfire

EAF_Starfire

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:05

My suggestion to your suggestion. Have the startup sequence include revving up to a decent safe taxiing RPM with a message to make it clear that the plane is set to Taxi RPM at the end of start-up. Otherwise you will trade one noob problem for another, mainly people cooking their engines. When I first started flying the PE-2 I couldn't understand why my engine kept overheating before take off. Basically using wheel brakes for steering with 100% RPM while taxiing doesn't work out so great

I would prefer that default in-cockpit settings to equal to the RL shutdown check list... Whatever annoying they are.
And yes,I have wasted several aircraft due to this setting. Now it is just part of my personal checklist as well as checking rudder and elevator to be sure my Warthog haven't disconnected from my PC (bad programming on my part)

"....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
- Chris Kubasik

#607 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Tester

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:26

Open radiators first and you can taxi at 100 % RPMs. Almost all taxi at 100, better for new player would be default rads open at some range. But I prefer to do all myself, there should be some in game guide how to take off.

Edited by 307_Tomcat, 20 September 2017 - 08:29.

#608 56RAF_Roblex

56RAF_Roblex

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:47

Explanation of proposals: Pe2 Series 35, spawn with Prop Pitch already at 100% .

Benefits: Don't waste time holding-on your control (keyboard or hotas) to get the prop pitch at 100% for take-off.

Maybe a bit of consistency as well?  I only own BoK so on the VVS side I only have the Spitfire & IL-2.    The spitfire finishes it startup with pitch set to 0 while the IL-2 finishes its startup with pitch set to 100.  Yes the real-life recommended start up procedure for the Spit is to start with pitch at 0 but as the game itself is doing the startup there is no reason why it cannot finish by putting the pitch to 100.  

56gvia12.jpg

#609 Gubernub

Gubernub

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:10

Type of improvement: Graphic options for trees

Explanation of proposals: More graphics control options, either ingame or in a cfg file, for trees giving the ability to adjust the amount of trees, the fade distance for trees, and the tree detail (reduce the max LOD quality)

Benefits: Lets users optimize the graphics for their own pc better

#610 NO_SQDeriku777

NO_SQDeriku777

Posted 20 September 2017 - 22:44

Open radiators first and you can taxi at 100 % RPMs. Almost all taxi at 100, better for new player would be default rads open at some range. But I prefer to do all myself, there should be some in game guide how to take off.

If you ride the bakes and don't keep up your speed to feed airflow into the rads when you taxi you will still cook the engine. I did it many times when I started playing.

Edited by NO_SQDeriku777, 20 September 2017 - 22:45.

#611 Dirkki

Dirkki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:36

Type of improvement: Allow custom skins to be used in the campaign.

Explanation of proposals: Custom skins can be used in missions, but not in campaign. Allow custom skins downloaded from internet to be used also in the campaign, which now allows only stock skins to be used.

Benefits: Immersion, role-playing as well as more choises for players.

#612 Dirkki

Dirkki

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:48

Type of improvement: Allow custom difficulty to be used on campaign, with certain limitations.

Explanation of proposals: Allow certain difficulty options to be adjusted by the player in campaign. For example, I would like to use full engine management and learn that while playing, but still retain objective indicators...as not all of us are young and with sharp eyes anymore. To make it fair, you could not check unlimited ammo etc options, which makes the game far too easy. But certain freedom of choise with the difficulty in campaign would be much appriciated.

Benefits: More choises for players as well as more customization for the game to suit your own needs.

#613 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Tester

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:29

If you ride the bakes and don't keep up your speed to feed airflow into the rads when you taxi you will still cook the engine. I did it many times when I started playing.

Yes, but what it has to do with BOS where it won't happened. Bikes don't have propeller and so also prop pitch :P For example p40 was know for overheating during taxi in hot days - you have to open rads and take off as fast as possible but to do that you need set prop to take off position - like first gear in car.

#614 EAF_Starfire

EAF_Starfire

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:23

Type of improvement: Allow custom skins to be used in the campaign.

Explanation of proposals: Custom skins can be used in missions, but not in campaign. Allow custom skins downloaded from internet to be used also in the campaign, which now allows only stock skins to be used.

Benefits: Immersion, role-playing as well as more choises for players.

Type of improvement: Dedicated skin server

Explanation: A dedicated server that can distribute skins

Benefit: Reduce load on the mission server

"....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
- Chris Kubasik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users