Zak

Developer Diary, Part 71

Thanks to the development team that you work so hard and the update have just been made available for download!
It is very early in the day and with me here in Berlin shortly before midnight with you.
My many thanks and now sleep since tip off to bed with you.

Greeting Ballermann!

Do we need to re-install or just update, Zak?

UP FOR ME A DOOOT

WELL done team thanks for sacrificing your Friday night I hope u can make the most of it still XXXXXXXX (I would have gone home)

Do we need to re-install or just update, Zak?

Just a regular update, no special procedures this time.

wow, we are at 60% now :cool:

And it seems like we haven't added the siren to you, please, confirm?

Only duel server for me and crashes every time I load. QMB is ok thou

loaded MP 5 times in a row crash every time!!

will try a clean install

And it seems like we haven't added the siren to you, please, confirm?

confirming that it's there and working!

(in quick mission builder in single player)

Edited by Tab

When will multi servers be  back up? only seeing one atm.

CAN someone check MP for me I only have one server and It crashes every time I load. Never had this before!? But SP works!!!

Just updating seems to do it.

Thx, Zak.

Edited by West

Trim is working on the Yak-1 !!

they have been working there since a couple of months... and only elevator trims, because the yak had no others.

CAN someone check MP for me I only have one server and It crashes every time I load. Never had this before!? But SP works!!!

MP servers always come later than the update itself, give them some time to update the servers...

ps and they work as of 00:33 CET

wohoo, La-5 is available.

Edited by Tab

Only duel server is up and seems like 6 or 8 on it but on loading their setup screen I get message "Can't load object", thou?

No problems with QMB and the SP Mission

<

<

<

Other servers up now and funtioning, must be a problem with updating the duel server to this build.

Good night, Zak - or rather good morning to you :O)

Edited by West

ok cool Im getting a dialoge box when it crashes saying "cant open object" I will wait sorry didnt know this 

Sorry for Premature Ejection Iv just bveen looking forward to it soo much!!! All is good now

RPK-10 working on Yak-1 and La-5. Nice new object too for the station radios.

2 questions -

1) Shouldn't there be an external loop visible on these planes if the RPK-10 is fitted? Or was it inside the rear hull as these weren't metal?

2) Shouldn't the needle be centred as you fly directly away from the ground station?

All good here :biggrin:. Excellent job. Thanks for working the long hours to bring us this update tonight. Now get some well earned rest and enjoy your weekend :salute: .

RPK-10 working on Yak-1 and La-5. Nice new object too for the station radios.

2 questions -

1) Shouldn't there be an external loop visible on these planes if the RPK-10 is fitted? Or was it inside the rear hull as these weren't metal?

2) Shouldn't the needle be centred as you fly directly away from the ground station?

not used it yet but It will be if u are going towards or flying in oposite direction

It´s only me or the sim now is running very more smooth than before?

Edited by Satchenko

It´s only me or the sim now is running very smooth than before?

had the same impression. Everything is now much smoother. Multiplayer, single player, even menu animations. I hope it's not placebo effect.

Sirens are awsome :salute:  my impression was that Yak-1 had a better turn..might be the effect of a smoother running game?

And before anyone asks, the 'artificial horizon' in the Pe-2 is almost certainly historically correct, despite showing roll in the 'wrong direction' compared to a conventional one. At least, it is consistent with the one in IL-2 '46, and for that matter, with similar instruments in more modern Soviet/Russian aircraft (i.e in LOMAC/DCS), so I have to assume it is correct.

Edited by AndyJWest

Holy shit, those sirens are scary! Try this: Stay on the ground with idle RPM and hold your brakes. Now turn on the sirens and increase RPM... watch how prop air is moving the sirens :blink: Details like this show me how much love you put into this sim. THANK YOU!

Sounds great and reminds me of some tests I did with the Fok. E.III in RoF. Stall speed is like 100km/h with little or no engine power, but it goes down to ~80km/h with full power, so quite a lot of lift is generated just by the engine pushing against the airfoil. The same can be noticed with FFB on the elevator axis while standing still. Force increases with thrust alone, not just speed. This is what I'd call a proper simulation of air flow and pressure :)

Everythig running much smoother for me too! Also the loading times are much more faster for me. I'm happy :)

Getting a "Please Wait..." and spinning cursor that never goes away when I leave a MP server.  Have to kill the program to continue.

Also, long wait time after each death in MP where it is getting/updating data?

Graphics looking good!

Mentioned elsewhere: To get a proper install I had to uninstall previous version ( saved input to add afterwards,) did an install which took quite a bit of time & everything worked including" Jericho's trumpet."

Edited by Blitzen

i might be an idiot...but what does the new Update contain? :wacko:

Some small things that move the completion for 60% - what make this one more important than the previous two. :)

Sokol1

update feels smoother then the other updates :) and i really like the touch of that Sight Filter
can really tell that Devs love planes and that they pay attention to details

Hello, i have a problem. When i play after the update, i load a quick mission and my bullets seems to have no effect in the AI aircraft. I try reload the game, and launcher but still happening.

Thanks, goodnight.

Edited by Fortinero

Siren is cool. But come on. Quit playing the lapino map and take all the damn clouds off the stalingrad map. Or at least put in the rotation a map at a diferent time with different weather. I know you can do it. And GET RID OF AUTO BALANCE. Entire squads have abandon your MP portion because they cant play the damn game together as a squad. I cant believe you guys arent aware of this. Its like you are TRYING to drive away players with bad decisions, when all you have to change are a few lines in the mission. Terrible.

• Upvote 4

Complaining about no 190 and the LW only having two 109s... just like the real Stalingrad. But if the VVS were to get a P39 in place of the LaGG-3, up with the pitchforks!

I would love to see that.

Unless they have changed the skin the Fw 190 outside look is:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/6064-first-screenshots-fw190-game/

Sokol1

AND that was posted on my birthday.  Damn, she looks good!  I can't wait to get those guns on VVS planes!  

Siren is cool. But come on. Quit playing the lapino map and take all the damn clouds off the stalingrad map. Or at least put in the rotation a map at a diferent time with different weather. I know you can do it. And GET RID OF AUTO BALANCE. Entire squads have abandon your MP portion because they cant play the damn game together as a squad. I cant believe you guys arent aware of this. Its like you are TRYING to drive away players with bad decisions, when all you have to change are a few lines in the mission. Terrible.

Although I do agree with your points I would also have to point out that they could have been delivered in a much more mature manner.  We are "Early Access," remember?  I wish you could comprehend what these guys have on their plate.

Overall, great job, guys!  Can't wait for the ones to come!