Steam IL2 Bos Sales?

HeerRitter

Just a quick question about the steam sales on Il2 dlc's, you see i purchased BoS way back in 2015 but bk then I didn't really have a clue what I was doing and didn't know anything about changing settings to make flying easier I had a cheap joystick and quickly became frustrated! eventually I sold my my gaming rig i'd built and forgot all about it, that is until i built another one a few months back (nothing flash just a 1080 i7 6700k it's all i could get my hands on) and my interest in il2 renewed I see steam had a 75% off sale on the il2 dlc's a few weeks ago, which is when i purchased the Ju 52, and Fortress over the Volga, after it finished I thought why didn't i buy more! Now they have another up to 85% off sale and I bought the Cliffs of Dover Blitz ed (only £5, why not) but I really want to pull the trigger on some other dlc's namely, GB - Boddenplatte, GB - Kuban, CP - Fw 190 Dora, CP -  Bf 109 g6, CP - Hs 129, CP - p40 e1, CP - Spit mk v, & the Ice Ring Campaign all together it's only about £43 in the sale! That said I'm saving up to buy the Sony 4k xj85 43" TV and that aint only £43 lol and with Christmas as well, you get my drift! So my question is How often do these sales come up? I've seen mentioned somewhere, on some forum something like every Dec & April, Is that close, would i have to wait another 5 months if I let this one pass?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some clarity .

Edited by HeerRitter

cardboard_killer

Hello @HeerRitter welcome back.  I would say that sales average about every two months or so, but that's just the feeling get from watching them come and go. There may be a more specific calendar out there I don't know about. Note that if you buy the premium version of BoBp, you will get the 190D (as well as the P-38J); if you buy the premium version of BoK you will get the Spitfire MkVB and the Hs 129. BoM premium comes with the P-40 and the MC.202, so if you get that for $12 you will not have to buy the collector editions.

• Upvote 2

Yep. Premium editions are a better deal than collector planes. Some Collector planes and vehicles don't come with packs, so those you have to get alone, but sales are really good time to buy big packs.....  unless you already bought everything. 🤣

In that case, you just wait patiently for the IAR-80/81 next week.

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

Hello @HeerRitter welcome back.  I would say that sales average about every two months or so, but that's just the feeling get from watching them come and go. There may be a more specific calendar out there I don't know about. Note that if you buy the premium version of BoBp, you will get the 190D (as well as the P-38J); if you buy the premium version of BoK you will get the Spitfire MkVB and the Hs 129. BoM premium comes with the P-40 and the MC.202, so if you get that for $12 you will not have to buy the collector editions.

Hi Cardboard killer, thanks it's good to be back.

I'd seen something  about those collector planes being inc with the premium ed however I can't find any premium ed of BoB BoK being sold on steam

49 minutes ago, Jaws2002 said:

IAR-80/81

Hi jaws2002 I haven't bought them yet no there still sitting the basket sale ends 1st of Dec so got a few days yet, but as i said I'm hoping to have enough saved by end of Dec to pull the trigger on a Sony Bravia 4k 120hz if I knew a sale was likely to happen again maybe Jan-Feb I don't mind waiting but if it's gonna be spring April-Jun I think I'd rather buy now & wait a few extra weeks for my new tv..

So what's this IAR 80/81?

9 minutes ago, HeerRitter said:

IAR 80/81?

Romanian World War II low-wing monoplane?

Serch in the forum how to LINK your steam BoS acount with your il2sturmovik acount, afther that you can purchase anything and everything here and use it while launching the game thrugh steam, updates also will be done through steam.

Only "downside" steam wont show the il2sturmovik.com purchases as owned on steam. But gameplay wise there is no diference.

apparently the difference between buying BoK premium direct from the il2 store on here and Buying the BoK dlc plus the 2x collector planes separately on steam is £1.35 in steams direction and about the same with BoK however i understand that 100% of the money goes to the devs if i buy on here rather than steam but how does it work if i own BoS and coulpe dlc's already on steam?

Edited by HeerRitter
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, HeerRitter said:

Romanian World War II low-wing monoplane?

Yep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAR_80

There were screenshots in the last development update.  Next week they'll just offer it for preorder but the model is not ready yet. Sometime next year. 

IAR_80_03.jpg

IAR_80_02.jpg

IAR_80_01.jpg

20 minutes ago, HeerRitter said:

i understand that 100% of the money goes to the devs if i buy on here rather than steam but how does it work if i own BoS and coulpe dlc's already on steam?

I think you can mix and match them. I got everything from here from the store, but others have mixed packs. Maybe others could shed some more light on how it works if you mix packs.

I have Cliffs of Dover and Tobruk from steam, but that's a different game.

Edited by Jaws2002

BTW - as long as you own BoS on steam you can buy from the website  store and help the devs a little more. ;)

When you link your accounts you can access all content via steam. That‘s how I do it :)

• Upvote 2

BlitzPig_EL

I purchased BoS on Steam long ago when it first came out, and have since purchased everything else from the store here after linking my accounts. I have purchased everything that has been made available over the years.   Works perfectly, and all updates/patches come through Steam without issue.

Buying Premium editions when on sale is very cost effective, just do it.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Upvote 2

HeerRitter

Well tbh at the moment I can't even get the base game to play right for some reason I loaded BoS up tonight to have a few hours practice at taking off and landing and half of the key bindings have stopped working and no matter how much i try and rebind everything, either the guns won't fire even though there showing as mapped and all the f1 , f2, f3 ect camera views have completely stopped working.. As soon as i get say the yaw working again something else suddenly stops like my left brake Button starts firing my guns even though it's not mapped to that, I could go on but it's 1.30am and I've had enough for tonight.. I really wanna get into this game and learn to fly realism mode but it can get a little frustrating (for a complete NooB) when ur spending more time with settings than actually flying and trying to get better at the game! I have the T16000 throttle/joystick by the way brand new a week old.

Should I perhaps reinstall the game, resetting to default and remapping doesn't seem to be working.

@BlitzPig_EL 

I think i will be buying premium editions through il2 store simply because more of the money goes to the devs, would of been nice if the dlc's would show as owned on steam though but I guess it's no big deal.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by HeerRitter