Possibilities of a late war eastern front module

Eisenfaustus

IMHP as important as the late war Berlin scenario, is a Barbarossa one. With both the Eastern Front would be covered concerning war years/periods and only needing mapas, maps and more maps.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

As an alternative to Kurland I would suggest East Prussia. There was more activity in the air over East Prussia and especially in late 1944/early 1945 the Luftwaffe was still rather strong in the area. Moreover the operations of the Kriegsmarine (evacuation and artillery support) would allow some very interesting missions. And as Jeanba already mentioned, we could add Normandie-Niemen regiment.

Moreover more plane types would be possible for the German side. Here a possible plane set for the Luftwaffe:

Bf-109 G-10

Fw-190 A-9/F-9

Ju-87 D5/G2

Hs-129 B-3

Ar-196 A-5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

IMHP as important as the late war Berlin scenario, is a Barbarossa one. With both the Eastern Front would be covered concerning war years/periods and only needing mapas, maps and more maps.

While possible given the variety of planes in use by the Red Army at the start of the GPW, the issue is that the key german planes are already covered by Moscow's set. If the devs decides one day to try marketing map packs or collector plans packs with a reduced numbers of them in compared to the standard packs I could see Barbarossa getting covered. We still miss even some Moscow era planes for it, so even single collectors planes that will be both for Moscow and Barbarossa would be nice

16 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

Here a possible plane set for the Luftwaffe:

Bf-109 G-10

Fw-190 A-9/F-9

Ju-87 D5/G2

Hs-129 B-3

Ar-196 A-5

A sensible set though I am sure that there will be people crying bloody murder for only two fighters in it while the Soviets will get probably the La-7/Yak-3/Yak-9U trio. Wouldn't mind if the Ar-196 gets replaced by a collector's Ta-152 just to mimick the soviet set a little more and finishing the LW late war set, wouldn't be the first time a plane that isn't really a fit for a map scenario is released

41 minutes ago, Alexmarine said:

A sensible set though I am sure that there will be people crying bloody murder for only two fighters in it while the Soviets will get probably the La-7/Yak-3/Yak-9U trio. Wouldn't mind if the Ar-196 gets replaced by a collector's Ta-152 just to mimick the soviet set a little more and finishing the LW late war set, wouldn't be the first time a plane that isn't really a fit for a map scenario is released

I would say two and a half fighters for the German side. :)

Actually for a seaplane the Ar-196 performed suprinsingly well when it was used as a fighter. I think there were a few victories against Soviet aircraft.

Edited by Juri_JS

4 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

As an alternative to Kurland I would suggest East Prussia. There was more activity in the air over East Prussia and especially in late 1944/early 1945 the Luftwaffe was still rather strong in the area. Moreover the operations of the Kriegsmarine (evacuation and artillery support) would allow some very interesting missions. And as Jeanba already mentioned, we could add Normandie-Niemen regiment.

Moreover more plane types would be possible for the German side. Here a possible plane set for the Luftwaffe:

Maybe Kurland and East Prussia could be combined into 1 map?

Not many large cities located over there and north-west of the map would be mostly sea.

Another potential aircraft that could be added is the A20G or IL4 which carried torpedo's.

You cant have german super planse if your doing Kurland or East Prussia, also you used up Yak-3 and La7s, so you cant do battle for berlin any more. There is no way they would go for anything els then final part of war to be able to make lufftwafe paper fighters and where they can call DLC battle of berlin. Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Baltic states battles have little chance when you have Berlin as option with Poland 45 front. If they can justifie He-162, Ta-152, Do-334 and what not they will go for that options, just look how they squised ar-234b on normandy, map dont have base for it and its not even type that flew over it... Also for ppl who say no american airplanes, that dont mather mutch if you name dlc berlin and make 1-2 lw paper planse mericans know from hollywood "history" channals 😄 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, CountZero said:

You cant have german super planse if your doing Kurland or East Prussia, also you used up Yak-3 and La7s, so you cant do battle for berlin any more. There is no way they would go for anything els then final part of war to be able to make lufftwafe paper fighters and where they can call DLC battle of berlin. Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Baltic states battles have little chance when you have Berlin as option with Poland 45 front. If they can justifie He-162, Ta-152, Do-334 and what not they will go for that options, just look how they squised ar-234b on normandy, map dont have base for it and its not even type that flew over it... Also for ppl who say no american airplanes, that dont mather mutch if you name dlc berlin and make 1-2 lw paper planse mericans know from hollywood "history" channals 😄 

What?

1 hour ago, CountZero said:

Also for ppl who say no american airplanes, that dont mather mutch if you name dlc berlin and make 1-2 lw paper planse mericans know from hollywood "history" channals 😄 

Which is why I always come to the internet for factual checks on what is the reality of our world.

3 hours ago, CountZero said:

If they can justifie He-162, Ta-152, Do-334 and what not they will go for that options, just look how they squised ar-234b on normandy, map dont have base for it and its not even type that flew over it... Also for ppl who say no american airplanes, that dont mather mutch if you name dlc berlin and make 1-2 lw paper planse mericans know from hollywood "history" channals 😄 

The Do-335 is not appropriate for this sim. I'm saying that as someone who'd like to fly one. There is no operational history of the Do-335 to speak of.

The Ta-152 and He-162 both saw combat. Fired their guns 'in anger' at an enemy, and likely shot a few down. That, in my mind, is the barrier of entry into the sim: if a plane saw operational service in whatever capacity (obviously a recon plane wouldn't be required to score kills to fulfill this criterion). For a fighter however, that standard is to have engaged in combat with the enemy.

The Ta-152 and He-162 are decidedly not paper planes. A stupidly short service history is not the same thing as existing only on paper.

The Do-335 was beyond the paper stage, but still never saw real combat (that I know of). Therefore, it should be disqualified for consideration.

I would bet very good money that the devs won't ever include the Do-335 in the sim. I'm also betting the devs won't bother with the P-63 for reasons I've already mentioned. Some vague rumors of its service aren't equal to documentation.