Upcoming event on TFS #3 Server: Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Nov 20 1930 UTC

Riley

Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Nov 20 1930 UTC

Objective Tobruk

The fall of Bardia has opened eyes on both sides in the Mediterranean theater. British forces are pushing towards Tobruk but are at the end of a very long supply line. Urgently needed supplies are being shipped to the newly captured ports at Sollum and Bardia. Italy has deployed the latest front line aircraft from the homeland and opened Sicilian airfields to the Luftwaffe. Essential supplies are being rushed across by ship.

This mission revolves around the naval situation. Both sides have convoys near the coast and many other vessels in port and moving along the coast. Both sides have torpedo bombers and Ju-87s are available for the blue side.

Air spawn points are provided for aircraft arriving from Sicily and Alexandria.

An important note: Attacking ships is very dangerous because they have so much AA. It is strongly recommended that players link up on Team Speak and attack as a group.

As usual there will be a practice period starting 30 minutes before the mission.

Edited by Riley
typos

Don’t know yet. Will advise as soon as I know, which should be very soon. The mission is undergoing several tweaks but will be soon delivered to the Team Fusion servers for testing. I’ll see if I can get some answers from the campaign creators in the meantime.

Blue:

Air spawn (over the Mediterranean): Bf110 C-7, He111 H-6, Ju87 B-2, Ju88 A-5

Land spawn: C.202 Series III Alta Quota, G.50 Trop

Red:

Air spawn (over the Mediterranean): Blenheim IV/Trop, Wellington Ic/Trop, Wellington Ic/Trop Torpedo

Land spawn: Hurricane IIb/Trop, Hurricane IIa/Trop, Hurricane IIc/Trop

Note: a full briefing should be posted soon.
  • Like 1

Attached please find the Briefing for Operation Compass - The Pursuit event to be held this Saturday, Nov 20, at 1930 UTC on Team Fusion #3 Server.

Lots of action for both sides - bombers, torpedoes, fighters, etc. Hope you can join us!

Operation Compass_The Pursuit.zip

Edited by Riley
  • Like 2

Heh, Riley is my nom-de-guerre - also the name of one of my dogs. Back in 2011 I made a very cringe-worthy video called The Dogs of Dover featuring Riley and myself squeezed into a Spit cockpit taking on the entire Luftwaffe. I did a bit of green screen for that, but the story line was corny as he||. LOL

• Haha 2