What every one wants?

meplanes1969

6./ZG26_Custard

B-25 and B-26 would be most welcome. However, absolute dream come true would be some heavies even if they were AI. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

sevenless
3 hours ago, vadupleix7 said:

Just want a bubble canopy for my spitfire xiv

And I want a bubble canopy for the Yak-7B. Will we get what we want? Eventually. Patience is a virtue.

image.png.3119f3fa1d4359f676fb33872e30f2fa.png

• Like 3

[F.Circus]FrangibleCover

I've always considered the weird hunchback a key part of the Yak-7's charm, myself. If I wanted a Yak I could see out of I have the 9T 😛

• Upvote 1

76IAP-Black

The two seater Yak-7 would be great as a flightschool plane. Learn to fly, learn to Fight 

A nice collector plane. 

image.png.0722863f511927b6fbee4d8ed4565f83.png

Most of the plane is already ingame, so a second cockpit need to be made 

Edited by 76IAP-Black
  • Like 1

sevenless
2 hours ago, [F.Circus]FrangibleCover said:

If I wanted a Yak I could see out of I have the 9T 😛

True, but the 9 and 9T don´t have the 2nd UBS of the 7B.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 76IAP-Black said:

The two seater Yak-7 would be great as a flightschool plane. Learn to fly, learn to Fight 

A nice collector plane. 

image.png.0722863f511927b6fbee4d8ed4565f83.png

Most of the plane is already ingame, so a second cockpit need to be made 

That’s one F’ugly airplane.

danielprates

The thread name being "what everyone wants", no quastion mark, I am uncertain if it is a question inviting debate or yet another diatribe on the pacific... seems like the former. 

In any case my "what I want" serves both: a cockpit for the B26. It was used there on the pacific, early on anyway. With all that 3rd party development going on, maybe its not so far from happening.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Did the B25 and B26 use the same powered turret?

Probably - the Bendix turret was used on a lot of planes. 

• Thanks 1

216th_Cat

What I want is Dorian Gray's picture - I'm getting too old to do some of the things I want to. And flying a standalone Zero in GB is way down on the list.

• Upvote 1

JG5_Schuck

No thanks......
I would rather they flesh out what we have with a few sub-variants..
Maybe an SB2 or DB3/IL4.... Do17/217 would be nice aswell.
Even a Murmansk or Leningrad  map long before i'd want a Zero or PTO..

• Upvote 3

AEthelraedUnraed
31 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

My wish list:

1)Med theatre 43-44

2)B17/B24

3)Pacific

4) late-war Eastern front, preferably somewhere that's also useful for early Eastern front scenarios.

216th_Cat

What everyone (i.e. me) wants - it has to be Malta and Sicily. Two separate scenarios (1940-42, and 1943) and enough new aircraft to make at least one 5x5 module. If we can't have Greece/Albania in 40/41 that is 😉.

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

sevenless

So much potential for interesting new modules and the years to come. Can´t wait for the announcement of the next module they chose after Normandy.

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2021 at 4:45 PM, Gambit21 said:

You take that back! I hear you voluntarily spend time with p-47s... 😛

• Haha 2

AndyJWest
16 minutes ago, Diggun said:

I hear you voluntarily spend time with p-47s... 😛

Internet insult of the week. 🏆

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Algy-Lacey
1 hour ago, 216th_Cat said:

What everyone (i.e. me) wants - it has to be Malta and Sicily. Two separate scenarios (1940-42, and 1943) and enough new aircraft to make at least one 5x5 module.

I would love to see this as the next module, but I don't think that the defence of Malta is achievable with our current game engine limitations (I know, I've said this before). Malta saw frequent air raids of up to 150 bombers and fighters.

I'd rather see a later Italian campaign with Italian Serie 5 fighters fleshing out the planeset.

• Like 1

Enceladus

I'm hoping for a late war Eastern front, either 43-44 or 44-45 installment to also give us some more Russian bombers or late war Soviet fighters.

CountZero
37 minutes ago, Algy-Lacey said:

I would love to see this as the next module, but I don't think that the defence of Malta is achievable with our current game engine limitations (I know, I've said this before). Malta saw frequent air raids of up to 150 bombers and fighters.

I'd rather see a later Italian campaign with Italian Serie 5 fighters fleshing out the planeset.

It dosent have to be Battle of Malta, they could make 400x400km map of Sicily+Malta+part of Italy on it and set it in Invasion of Sicily timeline. 

Then you get SM.79, Ju88A17, FW-190A4, MC205, Re.2005 as posible airplanes for axis side, allied side is easy as there is planty missing types to select.

And you have benefit of being able to use same map for earlyer periods because most airplanes are already in game in other DLCs.

Only problem is big naval actions.

I still belive next DLC is nothing els then Poland 45. Easy to do out of all options, would give popular airplanes, and after BoN that looks to be most demanding DLC to make they may opt for little rest with not as demanding option.

• Like 2

Algy-Lacey
13 minutes ago, CountZero said:

It dosent have to be Battle of Malta, they could make 400x400km map of Sicily+Malta+part of Italy on it and set it in Invasion of Sicily timeline. 

Then you get SM.79, Ju88A17, FW-190A4, MC205, Re.2005 as posible airplanes for axis side, allied side is easy as there is planty missing types to select.

Sounds great! I'd buy it in a flash!

When modded IL-2 1946 brought the Fiat G.55 Centauro I loved the challenge of dogfighting in a Spitfire against an adversary that could turn with you, makes for great fun dogfights! I dont think that the MC205 was quite as good in this regard, but it was much easier to manufacture and saw service in larger numbers. There were much fewer numbers of Re.2005 produced.

Late war Eastern front appeals to me only because of the apex predator Russian fighters in the Yak-3, Yak-9U and La-7. Same old luftie fighters though.

MeoW.Scharfi

GIB A26B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Douglas_A-26_Invader.JPG

Sugar Baby, by Mark Postlethwaite (Douglas A-26 Invader) | Aircraft,  Aviation art, Vintage aircraft

Douglas a 26 invader 1080P, 2K, 4K, 5K HD wallpapers free download |  Wallpaper Flare

Douglas A-26 Invader - Wikipedia

Douglas A-26 Invader Flying above a Layer of Cloud During

South Portland A-26 Invader crash - Wikipedia

Crew of 3 People, the Pilot, the Co Pilot and the Gunner who controlled the upper and the lower turret which has each 2x 50 cal

The plane itself had about 8x 50s in the nose if needed, later version even 14x 50s shooting forward

It had 2x engine each of it had 2000hp and it was overall a very aerodynamic build.

It got a quite decent topspeed for a twin engine.

And it saw more service than all german protoypes together. 😄

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

[CPT]milopugdog
1 minute ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Douglas_A-26_Invader.JPG

Sugar Baby, by Mark Postlethwaite (Douglas A-26 Invader) | Aircraft,  Aviation art, Vintage aircraft

Douglas a 26 invader 1080P, 2K, 4K, 5K HD wallpapers free download |  Wallpaper Flare

Douglas A-26 Invader - Wikipedia

Douglas A-26 Invader Flying above a Layer of Cloud During

South Portland A-26 Invader crash - Wikipedia

Crew of 3 People, the Pilot, the Co Pilot and the Gunner who controlled the upper and the lower turret which has each 2x 50 cal

The plane itself had about 8x 50s in the nose if needed, later version even 14x 50s shooting forward

It had 2x engine each of it had 2000hp and it was overall a very aerodynamic build.

It got a quite decent topspeed for a twin engine.

And it saw more service than all german protoypes together. 😄

Don't forget the glass nose C version! It had a Norden bombsight for medium-altitude bombing.

See the source image

• Like 1

FTC_Burdokva
On 10/23/2021 at 2:19 PM, sevenless said:

And I want a bubble canopy for the Yak-7B. Will we get what we want? Eventually. Patience is a virtue.

image.png.3119f3fa1d4359f676fb33872e30f2fa.png

^ yet another important plane that could be added as a modification to an existing one (the Yak-9 s.1 CP) to make the latter more useful and fun... 

Shame no one mentions this bird in a late Eastern Front scenario - the Tu-2S (well, the very rare Tu-2T torpedo bomber pictured). One of the best medium and dive bombers of the war, fast, good payload, good range, and essential for the late-war Soviet side, as the Soviets did not have another modern medium bomber (in quantities, at least, I know some B-25s and late A-20s were in use). Also, just to avoid being too fighter centric! 

spacer.png

• Like 3

Algy-Lacey

The A-26 has such great proportions, a great looking ground pounder! Bloody quick too, if not quite as fast as the Mossie.

Give! Give!!!

Here's another stunner...

4118397.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PatrickAWlson
On 10/23/2021 at 11:45 AM, Gambit21 said:

I looks oddly French

43 minutes ago, Algy-Lacey said:

Here's another stunner...

4118397.jpg

Those later war Italian designs were just so sleek. But, like Germany, they tried to introduce too many variations on the same theme instead of standardizing on one for mass production. Still, if we could get something set in Italy/Northern Italy late in the war, I wouldn't be disappointed in the least to fly any one of them.

Edited by Rjel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

For all those ground attack sorties you fly? 

• Haha 2

[F.Circus]FrangibleCover
2 hours ago, Rjel said:

But, like Germany, they tried to introduce too many variations on the same theme instead of standardizing on one for mass production

They did decide on one for mass production, the Reggiane went in the bin (again), the Macchi was built basically from C.202 parts so it got the interim production and the Fiat was ordered in its thousands. The actual problem was that in the time it took to build one Centauro you could build three Bf 109Gs. And the Centauro was picked at least in part because it was the easiest one to mass produce!

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether all of these problems were a result of the Italian industrial complex being unable to rapidly manufacture complex equipment or a result of a shared inability of designers to design for production. I think a little of both, the Bf 109G-6 looks like a shed next to the Serie 5 fighters, but even I could build a shed.

• Haha 1

MeoW.Scharfi
4 hours ago, Diggun said:

For all those ground attack sorties you fly? 

Who and where did i say ground sorties, i would use it for air to air of course... just like the 110.

• Haha 5

ROCKET_KNUT
9 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Who kidnapped Scharfi and replaced her with Bomberman?

One can always improve. 😄

3 hours ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Who and where did i say ground sorties, i would use it for air to air of course... just like the 110.

Looking fwd. to your ace in an A-26 with fourteen .50 cals. And one engine turned off, just to piss everybody off.🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann
6 hours ago, [F.Circus]FrangibleCover said:

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether all of these problems were a result of the Italian industrial complex being unable to rapidly manufacture complex equipment or a result of a shared inability of designers to design for production.

All Axis Nations severely overestimated their own Production Capabilities and to their detriment, underestimated the Soviets by such a long shot that it cost us the War. 

The German Economy to this Day isn't capable of producing nearly as much raw tonnage in Products as one would think given that we rank up there with China when it comes to exported Value. 
And in the 30s we were a considerably more Agricultural than the old Propaganda would like you to believe. We simply weren't mechanized to a widespread degree. 

In most Villages, the Guy with a Tractor contracted himself out to the small Farmers and did their Tractoring work if they could afford it. 

But most simply couldn't afford a Tractor or any sort of Engine on any sort of self moving Chassis. 

The Bf109 in that way was truly a Masterpiece in that it could perform with the best while costing a Fraction of the Man Hours to build. 

Consider 20000 Spitfires could also have been 50000 109s. Britain had much bigger Manufacturing base and could have steamrolled the skies clear of the Luftwaffe without any American Support running on Garbage 87 Juice. 

And Italy was straight up delusional in their estimation of their own productive Power. They were 10 to 20 Years behind in Manufacturing Techniques and Armament Technology, their Agriculture was still based on Steam Engines and and their Output was laughable on the International Scale. 

It was enough to deal with Sand People, but any sort of Resistance by an actual Army of the Day stopped them dead in their outdated, obsolete Tracks.

ROCKET_KNUT
16 hours ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

Don't forget the glass nose C version! It had a Norden bombsight for medium-altitude bombing.

See the source image

I don't care if it picks its nose or farts in bed. I want one!!!😍

• Haha 2

Dennis_Nedry
On 10/18/2021 at 4:28 PM, Dennis_Nedry said:

Battle of Bismarck (1941) + Western Channel theatre 

aka Atlantic Carrier ops/Western Channel front

Allies:

Swordfish I

Martlet II

Sea Hurricane I

Beaufort I

Collector - Whirlwind I

Axis:

Ar 196 A2

Bf 109 E4/B

Bf 110 C7

Ju 88 A17

Collector - Fw 190 A1

Fw 200(AI)

Multiple ships including Bismarck, Prinz Eugen, Ark Royal, Audacity(ship Eric Brown flew Martlets from) and few other smaller vessels like E Boats and U Boats

Two maps

SW England(Cornwall, Devon) down to Brittany as far as Brest and then the western approaches.

A second open ocean map for Bismarck mission, Audacity convoy etc..

Bf 109F, Spitfire V, and Hurricane II to round out planeset

No love for Battle of Bismarck? Sad Swordfish noises…

Superflyer

Collector plane Polikarpow I-153 / I-152 / I-15bis, Theater of war Norway; Finland; Murmansk, Arctic Ocean, convoys and aircraft carriers, possibly, then Swordfish, Seafire,

Sammler Flugzeug  Polikarpow I-153/ I-152/ I-15bis,

Kriegsschauplatz Norwegen; Finnland; Murmansk, Eismeer, Konvois dazu und Flugzeugträger, evtl, dann dazu Swordfisch, Seafire,