What every one wants?

meplanes1969

meplanes1969

Simple one this a Zero fighter as the next collector plane.

why? because tell me anyone on this forum who would not buy one?

would we care it would for now be on its own with no historical map to fly on,and no wildcats to mow down or hellcats to chase around the sky? for now nobody would care ( we would fly it on the moon )

can it be done? I am sure it can it would be the devs pride and joy much the same as the beautiful hurricane.

Has anyone else done one? not really,war thunder one of its best sellers ( no surprise )

well the other flight sim the one if we mention we get banned no!

we all want it we all know it would sell well so give me a good reason why it should not be the next plane in the collector planes list?

Its no rocket science but we need a Zero

• Like 4
  • Confused 11

As a huge PTO fan i would say NO!

Without Dauntless, Wildcat, Val and Kate, map amd carriers......without proper expansion pack it's pointless imo, just another fighter to fly only in QMB.

Next collector planes on my wishlist that would add gameplay and fit into existing GB modules would be B25 and Ju88A17.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 24

I definitely wouldn't buy it.

Moving over to the Pacific wouldn't be my first choice anyway, but if this indeed should be the scenario where the next full fledged expansion will lead us, I'd still buy it to support the devs in their work.

But a single plane that doesn't fit in any context of the content we got so far? For what? A few minutes "air-quake-action" out of any historical context?

And please, "War Thunder has done it" definitely shouldn't be any arguement for what to do, or else we'll be ending up shooting down 40's tech while flying 80's tech soon.

Just, no.

Edited by Fritz_X
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

meplanes1969

Such a beautiful plane how could you not want it 🤫

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Soilworker
1 hour ago, meplanes1969 said:

we need a Zero

We don't need a Zero, you want a Zero - which is fine. 

But it makes no sense. 

Say the devs released one, can you imagine the shitstorm on the forums? A lot of people would buy it either to fly it or to support the devs but a lot wouldn't because we have currently zero (pun not intended) context for it. It would just create confusion and ridiculous levels of speculation about a PTO module that isn't in the works. On top of that, if we do go to the Pacific (which many here including myself but most importantly Jason would like to) then a Zero as a collector plane makes no sense as it absolutely should be the first Japanese aircraft included in the standard edition of any and probably every PTO module I can think of. 

So sorry, cool plane, terrible idea IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

meplanes1969

In war thunder it’s a best seller most flyable plane.

I have never played war thunder but it just shows how much of an iconic plane worldwide it is.

I would say more than 50 per cent of customers want a PTO expansion next.

I would not pay for another variant of another plane I already own!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Soilworker
1 minute ago, meplanes1969 said:

I have never played war thunder but it just shows how much of an iconic plane worldwide it is.

Sure, lots of people do want the PTO but (maybe you're new here) it's not as simple as just making it, 1C have standards (unlike War Thunder) and they can't be reached with currently available information on Japanese aircraft (well except the Zero actually). 

Also, if they do go to the Pacific next and make say three PTO modules, are you going to buy them? Because you're likely to get at least three variants of Zero. 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

sevenless

Nah, not as a single standalone plane. It needs context, so give me a proper map, career mode and 9 other PTO planes to have a proper historical setting and playing field. Until that happens, a single Zero is no option for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

=621=Samikatz

Without a relevant front I don't really care for it. The devs resources are already limited and spending time on a homeless airplane we can't really use instead of something more relevant would be disappointing

Full expac or don't bother with the plane

I'd buy a Zero, but I don't think it'd be an effective use of resources, especially for such a small team. 

I'd also like to see the PTO, but I'd like it in a different aspect - instead of the full-fledged effort for carriers and the like, seeing a CBI theater would use some of the existing plane set (P-40, Spit, P-38) and allow room to bring in variants of planes we have (B-25J, A-20G). It'd scratch that Pacific theater itch without the investment of full carrier ops. I think the big problem as stated before is lack of data on Japanese airframes.

2 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

Could it possibly be that they are not "everyone"?

• Haha 1

JefCostello

High fidelity engines sounds! A Spit that sounds like a Spit and so on...

• Like 1

AndyJWest

Would I buy a Zero collector plane with no relevant map, or other relevant content? Don't know. Maybe. Given the limited resources the developers have available though, I'd prefer they stick to doing what they do best - creating coherent plane sets and maps that work together to provide a proper historical context. There are still plenty of opportunities to expand on that, and picking out isolated aircraft to model separately could make it harder to find the investment needed for a proper expansion later. 

• Upvote 3

Missionbug

It is a beautiful and iconic aircraft of that there is no doubt but no, not without a representative theater of operations for it.;)

That said I could go with something like the old IL-2 islands map or whatever it was called and the Zero and a Wildcat or one of the other iconic apposing aircraft, at least that way there would be some context for it, D.C.S is the place for random aircraft, they have a different business model to here and can add whatever they want because they are primarily aiming at learning to fly their aircraft full real rather than using them in a combat situation as such, Great Battles is primarily aimed at using aircraft in a real world historical event.

Would 1C/777 do it?  The Zero and Wildcat would surely be the main selling point for any future Pacific title, why would they want to release them as singles?  Where would it lead, we would all be wanting our favorite aircraft and missing the bigger picture, the events they belong to.

I am sure we would all buy them irrespective because well, we just love aircraft, however, I think it fair to say we would rather reenact the actual air battles with all the other relevant types of aircraft, ships and vehicles of the Pacific conflict.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Like 1

This idea runs into another potential problems down the track.

As and when a proper Battle of XXX that would suit a Zero of that model should be made, then what do you replace it with? This is already a challenge with German aircraft, such as the 109 and 190 as they are running out of versions to dipict in the sim / game.

Plus, if you already get a few piecemeal aircraft , "homeless" aircraft as has been said above, then there is sure less motive for the developer to provide a full add-on for it including maps and campaigns etc.

10 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

I could go with something like the old IL-2 islands map or whatever it was called and the Zero and a Wildcat or one of the other iconic apposing aircraft

That scenario may well appeal to the online dogfight crew, but even then it would soon get boring. Two aircaft and the same old scenery.

It would do little or nothing for anyone with an interest in the great historical campagins that so much effort goes into providing and are a large part of the hallmark of this title.

Edited by Pict

JG4_dingsda
3 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

the other flight sim the one if we mention we get banned no!

Maybe you won't get banned if you mention DCS. You could discuss it here, for example:

And -- as most people here posting before me -- I am no fan of doing planes without proper context.

Edited by JG4_dingsda

ShamrockOneFive

IL-2 does best by integrating the aircraft sets with a chosen scenario. Doing just a Zero and then calling it a day would be so unsatisfying. I'm still hopeful for a Pacific themed scenario at some point and I hope that we'll see that happen. If it doesn't, there are other interesting scenarios out there. But I would love to see it.

• Upvote 10

As a mostly USAAF flier, I’m pretty content right now. If the day comes and we get a flyable B-25 or B-26, I’ll be satisfied with U.S. content for the ETO. After that any other Allied or Axis A/C will just be gravy for me. 

If we go to the PTO then that opens the door to plenty of USN airplanes plus bringing along the existing AAF planes. A pretty extensive plane set there. Hoping the needed info for Japanese A/C comes to light. But Zero by itself isn’t really worth the effort. Me and everyone I know thinks so.  

• Upvote 1

JG300_Winterz

team-daidalos-slot-map.png

This.

Im pretty sure the devs could do believable cockpits and FMs with common sense and educated guess.

But late war eastern-front is most likely going to be next to please the russian community.

Which is fine by me.

• Upvote 3

meplanes1969

i must say i am surprised by the responce but i do get what people are saying.

i do not agree with the idea of more than one varient of the zero as it did not change that much from the beginning of the war.

But i still think alot of people would pay for a collecter zero

I personally would buy a collectors A6M.  I'd also buy a collectors F4U.  I think honestly with how things are, that is the closest we're ever gonna get to anything Pacific related with Great Battles for several reasons not worth going into.  As they are now, I think we'll still be in the "we'd really like to do the Pacific" phase of "development" 5 years from now.

Luckily, IL2 1946 modded is still a great option and DCS is also making some steps towards some PTO oriented modules coming. 

• Upvote 1

Zero is nowhere near the top of my priority list. So no, it's not what everyone wants.

4 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

Warthunderis an arcade game for casual gaming. Other than the context of WW2 aviation, the market clientele doesn't translate well into simulators.

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Why are people obsessed with carriers, if it comes to the Pacific?

Carriers would be hard to implement quickly - because of the model....and the community has to be able to land and start from there.

What if an afk player is on the first line on the CV deck, ready to take off?

I think an other, also map wise more interesting scene could be "The Slot" (as mentioned above).

Propably a Zero could be done, as there are some flying around (source YT in the US).

Also, what are the japanese planes the developers cant get an easy hand on for developement?

Would be interesting to know.

Surely I would buy it, but I see also the lack of a context here, if no other japanese planes are made.

Hopefuly one day, we still all sit in ww2 pacific planes ;)

• Upvote 3

[CPT]Crunch

First the allied planes that overlap with use in the Pacific should be built and placed in their European context as much as possible.  Your going to end up on the short end plane wise, otherwise in the Pacific making it a big turn off for single players.  Early P-38, P-40's with engines, early P-39 and such, the Med area could handle these.  There's still plenty of gaps need to be filled in the ETO.  Too many theaters with too little depth ain't a good overall recipe for long term success.

But hell yeah, I'd still buy one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meplanes1969 said:

i must say i am surprised by the responce but i do get what people are saying.

i do not agree with the idea of more than one varient of the zero as it did not change that much from the beginning of the war.

But i still think alot of people would pay for a collecter zero

You’re not thinking this through.

If a single Zero were offered, then how does Jason sell a proper PTO expansion down the road?

I want the Zero more than anyone but even I can see what an unwise move this would be. There’s a way to do PTO, and offering a Zero to fly over the Kuban isn’t it.

1 hour ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

Why are people obsessed with carriers, if it comes to the Pacific?

Carriers would be hard to implement quickly - because of the model....and the community has to be able to land and start from there.

What if an afk player is on the first line on the CV deck, ready to take off?

I think an other, also map wise more interesting scene could be "The Slot" (as mentioned above).

Propably a Zero could be done, as there are some flying around (source YT in the US).

Also, what are the japanese planes the developers cant get an easy hand on for developement?

Would be interesting to know.

Surely I would buy it, but I see also the lack of a context here, if no other japanese planes are made.

Hopefuly one day, we still all sit in ww2 pacific planes ;)

Yep - Solomons.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 2

PatrickAWlson
4 hours ago, sevenless said:

Nah, not as a single standalone plane. It needs context, so give me a proper map, career mode and 9 other PTO planes to have a proper historical setting and playing field. Until that happens, a single Zero is no option for me.

Zeroes over Moscow!!!   It will work.  Be sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

sevenless
9 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Zeroes over Moscow!!!   It will work.  Be sure.

I will do the mod. No problem 😂

justin_z3r0
6 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

sure its a cool plane - but I need context. Sure modders could use the Kuban map to approximate scenarios - but I prefer the official context and adversaries without need to download mods.

• Upvote 1

meplanes1969

Why is it set in stone we have to have five planes on each side?

why not have several allied planes and have just a few Japanese planes,making up with a few Ai planes for the difficult planes that the devs can not get enough info on.

I am sure most people could live with just a few flyable planes on the Japanese side.

I am sure everyone would love to see some sort of PTO scenerio so I am sure some sort of compromise could be reached

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lord_Strange

You've got to remeber that the dev team have been doing this flight sim stuff for a while now, and I'm sure they (or 1C) have done the appropriate amount of market research, as well as historical and technical research, into whether a PTO module of any kind is feasible. The fact that the answer is still a "no, for now" shows that they have decided it would not be a product up to their standards of quality or profitability. These guys are professionals, you know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Enceladus

Back in May 2017 the devs were most interested in making the Zero, Val, Kate and F1M2 "Pete" (Japanese Airplane Reference Materials - Pacific Theater Discussion and Assistance - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum (il2sturmovik.com))

For something like Midway, if the only Japanese planes are those listed above, minus the Pete, and there are 4 or 5 flyable American planes (including a flyable B-26 😁)  -- and an AI Devastator and/or PBY -- then I'm cool with that.

Edited by Enceladus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

PatrickAWlson
2 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

Why is it set in stone we have to have five planes on each side?

why not have several allied planes and have just a few Japanese planes,making up with a few Ai planes for the difficult planes that the devs can not get enough info on.

I am sure most people could live with just a few flyable planes on the Japanese side.

I am sure everyone would love to see some sort of PTO scenerio so I am sure some sort of compromise could be reached

It goes without saying that any/all of these things can be done.  The next question is should they be done from from the view of product integrity and return on investment. 

Reasons why not to do PTO:

Not enough information on Japanese planes to do a good job (product integrity).

Sales data indicates that potential PTO buyers are a vocal minority and a better ROI can be achieved by staying in Europe (return on investment)

Development time for carrier ops is too much effort/cost/risk (return on investment if done well, product integrity if done half baked)

Sales of a land based PTO module would not be adequate(return on investment)

Are any of the above true?  Don't know, but they might be. 

Please stop saying "everyone".  I would much rather see France 1940.  Not everybody shares that opinion either :) 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

[808_BOB]_Dafak-man

I'm sure there are more people interested in Africa/Italy/Europe theaters than PTO. Don't get me wrong, I'd love PTO. I'd love everything else as well. I'm a big fan of WW2 air combat. Let the devs take their time with PTO and other modules, since I'd rather have a polished product than a broken, EA-like product that needs another 6 months of fixing.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, [808_BOB]_Dafak-man said:

I'm sure there are more people interested in Africa/Italy/Europe theaters than PTO. 

For a variety of reasons, I highly doubt that.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Jade_Monkey

I'd say no. A zero with no context would get old really fast.

I'd be excited for a full PTO module though.

Algy-Lacey
27 minutes ago, [808_BOB]_Dafak-man said:

I'm sure there are more people interested in Africa/Italy/Europe theaters than PTO

I am one of them. It would be great if the war in the mediterranean was done by a recent, decent combat flight simulator. Having said that, COD Desert Wings has done North Africa, but there is plenty of room for IL-2 Great Battles to do an Italian campaign. Plenty of Italian aircraft to model for the axis side, and some new allied variants such as the Spitfire MkVIII (rubs hands together). Also, possibility to try aircraft carriers without it being the main focus of the module. Amazing map possibilities.

But, to get back on topic, I would buy a China-Burma-India scenario or a Kakoda Trail / New Guinea map. No need for deal-breaking carriers...

But as PatrickAWlson says:

36 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Sales of a land based PTO module would not be adequate(return on investment)

Happy landings,

Algy-Lacey

Edited by Algy-Lacey
Acknowledging COD Blitz + Desert Wings
  • Upvote 1

meplanes1969

Anything new would interest me.

going over old ground no ( we have already eastern front,western front,battle of Britain,Tobruk so new ground is needed pref for me PTO

Italy,med or Malta I could get excited about but my choice would be PTO

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Please stop saying "everyone".  I would much rather see France 1940.  Not everybody shares that opinion either :) 

Not everybody for sure. Nobody does. I asked them all. Every one. 

• Haha 2

BroGrimm1tkcamp

Don't know about everyone, but

......... PTO for me before I die, Please!

• Upvote 2