BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 70

Hi Everybody,

It’s hot times in the development studio and there’s a lot of great, new things to be added relatively soon (take Fw-190 for instance). But these days we’re working on something particularly big. It is the campaign mode that is being added into the project. It doesn't mean that it will soon be available in the early access but now this day is closer for sure. Also separate controls for rockets and bombs will be implemented. That’s why we’re going to have to leave the actual version as it is now and keep working on the update. This means that there won’t be a game update today, because next week will bring us a new build which needs to be completed first and cannot be deployed to the server unfinished.

Meanwhile a new version of the official website is practically ready, and it will be launched on Monday, July 7th. The very first thing that Standard Edition owners will notice is the La-5 that is coming to the store. Remember that the Fw-190 is to be added for purchase later this month as soon as it’s available in early access.

il2bos_site_en.png

The index page is now divided into 4 blocks:

1) Main trailer: the pre-order video holds its place these days, but it’ll be replaced with a brand new BOS trailer which, we hope, you’ll find even more impressive.

2) The Store allowing you to purchase game codes for either edition as well as premium planes.

3) Product description that is now split into 3 key features: Play, Fly, Learn.

4) Community-made game videos: the best fan-made trailers will be handpicked and proudly placed there – which we appreciate so much. Nobody does a better job advertising our products than our community!

We also plan to be updating the screenshots area more often by picking the best of your screens and posting them in the corresponding section. If you make an impressive high-quality Full HD or more screenshot in BOS and applied no editing, please post it in the forum for all to see. If it is marvelous enough, you may have your work posted on the official portal or even used by the gaming press. Keep posting your screens on the forum; it’s a great way to share your amazing BOS experience with the world!

That’s it for today. Let’s all wait for the next week and then enjoy what it has for us. We wish a lovely weekend to everyone! Happy 4th of July to our American friends in the community!

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 1

Good luck with it. It'll be great to see the 190 when she's ready, and there'll be a lot of interest in the long-awaited campaign mode.

Nice, a new La5 for us silver people to purchase very soon.

From Not "two weeks" to relatively soon. I am not happy.

That means everything and nothing.

Edited by VSG1_Winger
  • Upvote 1

Thx and very good news about the campaign mode.

Great news about the beginning of the implementation of the campaign, even if we won't see any of it for some time.

Also thrilled about individual controls for rockets and bombs.

1 thing I missed: In the screen shot posted on Facebook the other day, it would seem, that the new vegetation is close to completion. Any word on when we might see it?

1 thing I missed: In the screen shot posted on Facebook the other day, it would seem, that the new vegetation is close to completion. Any word on when we might see it?

We're remaking a lot of content speaking of vegetation, so it's a bit too early to say that it is close to completion. But a lot has been added/improved already. Check out this screen for instance.

il2bos_grass_wip.png

• Upvote 1

Thanks very much for the update.  Is the campaign still going to be the "Groundhog Day" system of missions you mentioned earlier, or have the plans been expanded in any way due to public demend?

• Upvote 2

Looking Great! Can't wait to play the Campaign mode and buy the mighty FW 190! Thank you.

I'm glad to see a little more emphasis on single player with mention of the campaign mode. I hope it will be made with an eye to further development as BoS matures and expands in the future.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad to see a little more emphasis on single player with mention of the campaign mode. I hope it will be made with an eye to further development as BoS matures and expands in the future.

Agree...

I'm wondering ... if they are just starting with the SP campaign. They gonna finish it on time for September?

I'm wondering ... if they are just starting with the SP campaign. They gonna finish it on time for September?

They're not just starting on it now. They have been working on it for months. It's just that it's now so far, that it can be tested in the sim itself.

• Upvote 1

Very disapointing to be told multiple times that the FW-190 will be ready in early-june then mid-june then late-june... only for it to be pushed to mid-july and likely much further. I purchased this gold game solely for the exclusive and early access to the FW-190 but apparently everyone will be able to purchase it when it is available? When I purchased it, it was pretty clear that the la-5 and fw-190 were only for the gold version. So, what was even the point of getting the gold version?

It would have been ready long ago if the Allied Bombers hadn't been plastering German aircraft production facilities day and night. It is difficult to code when 500 pounders are falling all around the compiling rig...

• Upvote 3

So, what was even the point of getting the gold version?

For one, and the most important part for me, was being able to fly BoS at the earliest possible moment. I think that's been worth the extra money I spent.

190 190 190 MF.

I'm 100% sure that the Dev team would have released her if she was ready. Or they should release the 190 not completed and all can have a great fit because everything in the 190 is wrong.

+100 :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  

Can't wait to see how the 190 fairs against the La-5.

+1000 :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

Very disapointing to be told multiple times that the FW-190 will be ready in early-june then mid-june then late-june... only for it to be pushed to mid-july and likely much further. I purchased this gold game solely for the exclusive and early access to the FW-190 but apparently everyone will be able to purchase it when it is available? When I purchased it, it was pretty clear that the la-5 and fw-190 were only for the gold version. So, what was even the point of getting the gold version?

yes you are right I'm disappointed

I get what you mean Winger but they did say 2-3 weeks but not guaranteed, just planned. As long as the game continues to progress I am happy.

I get that people are eagerly awaiting the Fw190, but seriously: Some of you act like it's the end-all-be-all for BoS. I see nearly no excitement over the news, that the campaign is so far in its development, that it can be merged with the sim and actually be played(though not by us - yet). Instead I see people crying because the second to last plane is going to be out a week later than they anticipated.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 7