Velikie Luki 1942

VAG_Sevy

Thanks for replying me so fast Namhee2, I know that map but it's too large to be precise. What I'm looking for is more a close-up map of armies position occupying the field around Velikie Luki. Ideally the same area of the map of il-2

1 hour ago, VAG_Sevy said:

Thanks for replying me so fast Namhee2, I know that map but it's too large to be precise. What I'm looking for is more a close-up map of armies position occupying the field around Velikie Luki. Ideally the same area of the map of il-2

I guess these ones are more into the fine details. From Velikiye Luki 1942–43 - Osprey Publishing:

image.thumb.png.69d3d1a8295c53c71b8ca522f9faee96.png

image.thumb.png.80eac45a5a04b859fc0ace3435c313ce.png

Interresting! Even if the movements are those of the winter offensive, it gives an idea of the starting positions and the regiments in place. A good start so that I can target my searches. thx.

I would have liked to have imagined that the developers by creating this map and placing it in June 42 by default, had the historical context to help us build missions! Sometimes it is difficult for us to find information without obtaining a lot of written material.

Velikie-Lukie_net.thumb.jpg.fae5c1518cd4693b3fa20dc17d5a56d3.jpg

With the info I had gathered so far, here is the front line that I assumed to be more or less correct in june 42. with the two images that 'Sevenless' has to publish, I will be able to refine, but it is not won, I will still have to search.

Edited by VAG_Sevy

Found this:
USA-EF-Defeat-2.jpg
It's also not very precise, but we can see that the front line is east of Velikie luki and it stretches quite straight from north to south.

Edited by VAG_Sevy

28 minutes ago, VAG_Sevy said:

Now the question is: Was there any air support on each side and what were the squadrons present? That's my next searches !😉

Maybe end of this year:

561_3723.jpg

Berliner Zinnfiguren | Bergström, Christer: Black Cross, Red Star. Air War over the Eastern Front. Band 2: Two Turning Points. December 1941-May 1942 | Online kaufen

Merci beaucoup Sevenless ...
I didn't know that book, it's a mine of informations. Cool!☺️