Multiplayer - Generic Skins

352ndOscar

352ndOscar

Problem:  The default TC skins are just plain terrible.  Most, if not all, the custom skins in this forum are of specific tanks from a specific period.  None of them are really useful for online play.  Not everyone downloads the great TC skins, either from here, or, thru the HSD app.

All this puts the online MP TC user at some disadvantage when it comes to playing the game.  Everyone “see’s” the default skins - which suck BTW - mainly because they either don’t have the skin that you would like to run, or worst yet, they either don’t have a nice generic skin to run, haven’t downloaded a version that’s available, or you don’t have a skin they are running.  Unfortunately, the days of IL2 Sturmovik are gone where they downloaded with the mission.

I know we went down this “new default skins” thing with Jason awhile back - but that ended up going no where - fast.  

Now I’m not a graphics person.  I (WE) have to rely on the generosity of the great “painters” of this forum to fullfill our fantasies.  I’d like to petition all you great painters to create more custom paint schemes of a generic nature - meaning with/without unit designations but without numbering - that can be grouped together into a package that online MP users can take advantage of, or, at the very least are available for download from either this forum or HSD.

Is this even remotely possible?  Can you help?

S!,

I whole heartedly support skins w/o numbers. The tanks with numbers on them are great for single player, but for multiplayer, they interfere with squadron call numbers. I'll say it again, I wish I had the skill and understanding how you artist are able to create such great skins.

HB